Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 09-26-2012, 02:15 PM   #2446
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.
 
Pinkocto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: MD
Posts: 7,606

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharon78 View Post
Thanks for the info on the thread. I never in a million years thought we would ever stay at AKL. It's been so out of our price range on our other trips so we are so excited about staying here. We have visited AKL before just to look around and to have eaten breakfast at Boma a few times.

I notice on the thread that there is a steam room and sauna has anyone used it there before? Also am I right that there is no additional charge to use them?

The dates we're going are 8th-18th July 2013 could you please add us to your list.
Many Thanks
The Stokes Family
Congratulations on your trip! I'm afraid you won't want to stay anywhere else after this, it's such a fabulous place

I have no idea about the steam room, perhaps there's one in the gym. By sauna do you mean hot tubs? There are two out by the pool for everyone to use.
__________________
-Pam

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14
Pinkocto is offline  
Old 09-26-2012, 02:22 PM   #2447
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"
 
PNO4TE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Fredericksburg, VA
Posts: 31,506

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgbg100106 View Post
Have you all seen these?





I bad want one of the pins..... Now I just need to figure out who is going to be therein October that I know..... hmmmm.
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
__________________
Elin

"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."
PNO4TE is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-26-2012, 02:24 PM   #2448
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.
 
Pinkocto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: MD
Posts: 7,606

Quote:
Originally Posted by brunette8706 View Post
Hello All!

I just booked the AKL CL!

A few quick questions:

How is the food/offerings?

Any recommendations on room view?

As always THANK SO MUCH DISers!

Brunette

Is anyone else going to the AKL tomorrow?
Congratulations on your trip!

You will automatically be getting an Arusha Savannah view with CL.

I think offerings are fabulous. They have a continental breakfast which includes fruits, bagels, pastries, croissants, oatmeal, quinoa, cold cereals, and fruit juices. Water, coffe, espresso machine, and sodas are available all day. Snack time has mixed nuts, chips, crackers. Tea time has cookies and some desserts (brownies and rice crispy treats) in the evening they have appetizers followed by desserts and wine. At some point in the evening they put out cordials. They also have various beers all day. If they're not in the cooler you can request them.
__________________
-Pam

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14
Pinkocto is offline  
Old 09-26-2012, 02:26 PM   #2449
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"
 
PNO4TE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Fredericksburg, VA
Posts: 31,506

Wendy - Glad you are feeling better. Now, tell us the surprise!

Brandi - I am glad the turmoil is gone. I hope you are satisfied with the resolution.
__________________
Elin

"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."
PNO4TE is offline  
Old 09-26-2012, 02:26 PM   #2450
dgbg100106

It is pretty unique... Just like me
Mommy, please make the mean witch stop talking to me
 
dgbg100106's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 48,296

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharon78 View Post
Thanks for the info on the thread. I never in a million years thought we would ever stay at AKL. It's been so out of our price range on our other trips so we are so excited about staying here. We have visited AKL before just to look around and to have eaten breakfast at Boma a few times.

I notice on the thread that there is a steam room and sauna has anyone used it there before? Also am I right that there is no additional charge to use them?

The dates we're going are 8th-18th July 2013 could you please add us to your list.
Many Thanks
The Stokes Family
You have been added
__________________
Brandi & David Thanks Lulu's Mom

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
dgbg100106 is offline  
Old 09-26-2012, 02:27 PM   #2451
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"
 
PNO4TE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Fredericksburg, VA
Posts: 31,506

Good afternoon, Js & Ks!

We are about to leave!
__________________
Elin

"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."
PNO4TE is offline  
Old 09-26-2012, 02:28 PM   #2452
dgbg100106

It is pretty unique... Just like me
Mommy, please make the mean witch stop talking to me
 
dgbg100106's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 48,296

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
I am glad that this has come to a conclusion and hope that it had a positive outcome.



Could you please add November 17th to 21st at BWV for me?



I so want the pin on the top right.

Corinna
You have been added... I know I like that pin!

Now if I could just remember who was going to be there....
__________________
Brandi & David Thanks Lulu's Mom

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
dgbg100106 is offline  
Old 09-26-2012, 02:30 PM   #2453
dgbg100106

It is pretty unique... Just like me
Mommy, please make the mean witch stop talking to me
 
dgbg100106's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 48,296

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNO4TE View Post
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Exactly!!!!!
__________________
Brandi & David Thanks Lulu's Mom

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
dgbg100106 is offline  
Old 09-26-2012, 02:31 PM   #2454
dgbg100106

It is pretty unique... Just like me
Mommy, please make the mean witch stop talking to me
 
dgbg100106's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 48,296

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNO4TE View Post
Wendy - Glad you are feeling better. Now, tell us the surprise!

Brandi - I am glad the turmoil is gone. I hope you are satisfied with the resolution.
Elin,
I am doing well and the outcome is a good one! I am very blessed...
__________________
Brandi & David Thanks Lulu's Mom

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
dgbg100106 is offline  
Old 09-26-2012, 02:34 PM   #2455
dgbg100106

It is pretty unique... Just like me
Mommy, please make the mean witch stop talking to me
 
dgbg100106's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 48,296

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNO4TE View Post
Good afternoon, Js & Ks!

We are about to leave!
Have a great time
__________________
Brandi & David Thanks Lulu's Mom

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
dgbg100106 is offline  
Old 09-26-2012, 03:26 PM   #2456
sharon78
DIS Veteran
 
sharon78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: UK
Posts: 2,473

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
Congratulations on your trip! I'm afraid you won't want to stay anywhere else after this, it's such a fabulous place

I have no idea about the steam room, perhaps there's one in the gym. By sauna do you mean hot tubs? There are two out by the pool for everyone to use.
Thank You Pam

I have done some more research and yes the steam room is in the gym. Sauna might mean something different in the US then, Im not sure sorry, in the UK a sauna is a bit like a steam room, its really hot but without the steam
__________________
DLP~1993 DLP~2002 WDW~2004 WDW~2007 DLP~2009 DLP~2009 DLC~2010 WDW~2013
sharon78 is offline  
Old 09-26-2012, 03:29 PM   #2457
John's Mom
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
AKL Lover
 
John's Mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 3,930

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgbg100106 View Post
Elin,
I am doing well and the outcome is a good one! I am very blessed...
Brandi, I'm so glad that the outcome is a good one.
__________________
Kathy


Last edited by John's Mom; 09-26-2012 at 06:37 PM.
John's Mom is offline  
Old 09-26-2012, 03:53 PM   #2458
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase
 
dolphingirl47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 27,963

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgbg100106 View Post
You have been added... I know I like that pin!

Now if I could just remember who was going to be there....
Thanks for adding us. I just saw an iPhone case with Figment. I so want this.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline  
Old 09-26-2012, 06:00 PM   #2459
brunette8706
DIS Veteran
 
brunette8706's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,897

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
Congratulations on your trip!

You will automatically be getting an Arusha Savannah view with CL.

I think offerings are fabulous. They have a continental breakfast which includes fruits, bagels, pastries, croissants, oatmeal, quinoa, cold cereals, and fruit juices. Water, coffe, espresso machine, and sodas are available all day. Snack time has mixed nuts, chips, crackers. Tea time has cookies and some desserts (brownies and rice crispy treats) in the evening they have appetizers followed by desserts and wine. At some point in the evening they put out cordials. They also have various beers all day. If they're not in the cooler you can request them.
*
Hey there Pam!

Thank you so much for your detailed information!!! We can't wait to go! AKL is so exotic. We never stayed CL level here before, so it will certainly be a treat!
__________________
brunette8706 is offline  
Old 09-26-2012, 06:07 PM   #2460
dgbg100106

It is pretty unique... Just like me
Mommy, please make the mean witch stop talking to me
 
dgbg100106's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 48,296

Quote:
Originally Posted by John's Mom View Post
Brandi, I'm so glad that the outcome is good one.
__________________
Brandi & David Thanks Lulu's Mom

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
dgbg100106 is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:08 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: