Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2012, 07:38 AM   #2416
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel16 View Post
Just hang in there and don't let anything slip. In 2006 I pulled off the biggest surprise ever on my DH. I planned a big family celebration at WDW for the entire family. He thought it was only he and I going. I had our daughters, DSIL'S and grandchildren all arrive two days after we did. Along with my hubby's best friend and his wife. We all stayed at the Poly, I booked Victoria & Albert chef's table for dinner for 8 of us who could go. Booked a Wishes fireworks cruise, made arrangements for my DH and SIL who had just returned from Iraq to be the Veterans of the day and bring down the colors at the magic kingdom. My husband had no, idea. He cried as he saw the family all there for him in a room I had arranged. No one slipped up, the grands were little and not told they were going to Disney until the morning of the trip. I didn't tell a sole who knows us or sees us socially or at work. That way no one could tell him. You can do it Corinna I know you can, and just imagine his face when he sees your surprise.

Tomorrow we move over to Beach Club. Have to admit I am excited, it is new and our first Epcot resort ever.

Ann
What an amazing trip you planned for your family, Ann! The memories you all will share over the years are so wonderful! I bet this is one reason your DH really wanted to do something extra special for you this trip!

Hope your move goes well today. Enjoy!!

"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."
Old 09-25-2012, 07:40 AM   #2417
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgbg100106 View Post
the sky this morning...

Exquisite! We have had such beautiful weather, haven't we? Let's hope this weekend is just as nice!

Thinking about you, my friend.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-25-2012, 07:42 AM   #2418
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher

Wendy - I hope you are feeling better today!

Kathy - Have a great time today!!

Old 09-25-2012, 07:44 AM   #2419
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher

Kim - I am thinking about you and your son this morning. Hope all goes simply and well.

Old 09-25-2012, 07:53 AM   #2420
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher

Good morning, Js & Ks!

I think I had told you all that one of the hospitals Bob was in last year is having an Open House celebrating their 5th year in Richmond. There are Kindred Hospitals all over the country, but the one here was very new 18 months ago when he was sent there from ICU here in F'burg. They invited us to return to help in the celebration and I am canceling all my classes and private lessons tomorrow to take him. I got an email yesterday asking if I would speak at the Open House. So, amidst all my lesson planning, assignment writing, composition editing and general everyday "stuff" I am trying very hard to put together some notes so I don't forget the things we both want to say to these wonderful people.

I think Bob is as excited to get all dressed up tomorrow for the first time since January 16, 2011. Business casual is dressed up for him these days... He also wants to show off a bit for them. As hard as they all tried, they were not able to get him walking while he was there. At the end of his month at Kindred he could sit on the side of the bed and get into a wheel chair without passing out. He cannot wait to walk in that door using his walker. I can't wait to see him do it!

Old 09-25-2012, 08:08 AM   #2421
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNO4TE View Post
Kim - I am thinking about you and your son this morning. Hope all goes simply and well.
Kim - your son is in our prayers.

Quote:
Good morning, Js & Ks!

I think I had told you all that one of the hospitals Bob was in last year is having an Open House celebrating their 5th year in Richmond. There are Kindred Hospitals all over the country, but the one here was very new 18 months ago when he was sent there from ICU here in F'burg. They invited us to return to help in the celebration and I am canceling all my classes and private lessons tomorrow to take him. I got an email yesterday asking if I would speak at the Open House. So, amidst all my lesson planning, assignment writing, composition editing and general everyday "stuff" I am trying very hard to put together some notes so I don't forget the things we both want to say to these wonderful people.

I think Bob is as excited to get all dressed up tomorrow for the first time since January 16, 2011. Business casual is dressed up for him these days... He also wants to show off a bit for them. As hard as they all tried, they were not able to get him walking while he was there. At the end of his month at Kindred he could sit on the side of the bed and get into a wheel chair without passing out. He cannot wait to walk in that door using his walker. I can't wait to see him do it!
HOW EXCITING FOR YOU BOTH!! I know the hospital will be THRILLED to see the progress Bob has made! What an honor for you to be asked to speak!

I am packing today; will be traveling all day (and night!) tomorrow. I am so far behind on this thread now -- no chance of catching up!

I will be on the west coast until 10/6 and hope to be able to check in here once in awhile. I hope y'all are doing well. Again, sorry for being so absent (and absent-minded! )

Old 09-25-2012, 12:34 PM   #2422
wendypooh
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
Cajun Tinkerbell Princess
Tag Toggler
Loves kissing Tag Fairy butt ;)

Morning J's & K's - hope everyone is well today!!! I've still got this horrid headache - feel awful - taking medicine, but, it's not helping much -- sorry to complain so much, but - what are friends for right............ LOL HUGS to all of you, I appreciate ALL of you -

Quote:
Originally Posted by John's Mom View Post
WENDY - I'm feeling better each day; still having trouble getting the zippers up on my pants.

Sorry to hear about your sinus headache. Take care of yourself.

Tomorrow is Boma breakfast and Boma dinner.
Thanks Kathy, I still have this headache, ugghhh, but, I'll live!!! I'm glad you're feeling better!!! Enjoy Boma - I'm SOOOOO jealous!!! Hugs my friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
Wow, that must have taken some time, skill and energy to organize everything without him ever having an idea what is going on.

I will stay strong. Over the weekend he asked on what deck we are on. I nearly said deck 7 (which is the deck we are actually on), but I was not sure if there are any ocean view cabins on deck 7 and there is a possibility that he would know this kind of information. He actually probably knows the ships better than I do as he tends to do a lot of exploring and also made friends with some of the crew over the years. So I gave him the info for our initial stateroom assignment, which was indeed on deck 2.

I hope that you will have a wonderful time. We will stay at an Epcot resort for the first time in November and I am really looking forward to it.

You continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.

That is so beautiful. Thank you for sharing.

I am sorry that you are feeling rough. I hope that you feel better soon.

Corinna
Thanks Sweetie!!! I appreciate it! I'm SO excited for your trip - it's going to be awesome!!! Glad I could help with a little tiny part of it!!! Hugs!!!

Quote:
Wendy - I hope you are feeling better today!

Kathy - Have a great time today!!
Thanks Elin, not as much as I would like, but,..... it's just a headache!!!

Quote:
Good morning, Js & Ks!

Ohhh, how wonderful and exciting for you. I know you'll be great and it will be so nice for Bob to "show off" - he deserves too!!! Hugs!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelTori View Post
Kim - your son is in our prayers.

HOW EXCITING FOR YOU BOTH!! I know the hospital will be THRILLED to see the progress Bob has made! What an honor for you to be asked to speak!

I am packing today; will be traveling all day (and night!) tomorrow. I am so far behind on this thread now -- no chance of catching up!

I will be on the west coast until 10/6 and hope to be able to check in here once in awhile. I hope y'all are doing well. Again, sorry for being so absent (and absent-minded! )

Laura, be safe on all your travels - HUGS!!!

** Brandi - thinking of you too - keep your chin up and know we all have you in our thoughts and prayers!!! I'm hoping and praying everything goes good on friday!!! Hugs my sweet friend!!!
Old 09-25-2012, 12:36 PM   #2423
wendypooh
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
Cajun Tinkerbell Princess
Tag Toggler
Loves kissing Tag Fairy butt ;)

Kim - You and your DS are in my thoughts and prayers today. I'm hoping everything goes smoothly with his procedure today. If you can, update us. Take care of yourself and know all your friends here are thinking of you all and praying all goes perfectly!!!

Hugs my friend!!!
Old 09-25-2012, 01:06 PM   #2424
glennsgirl762
My Heart Belongs To Disney!! I Am A Member of The Dopey Five

Hi everybody! Hope all of you are well! I just want to say thank you all for this wonderful thread, without all of you and your help, I would have not known half the things I've learned, and especially about AKL. This was our first stay at AKL and by far our favorite resort! We had a wonderful trip in August and I cannot say enough great things about this wonderful resort!!

2001-Tropical Palms 2003-Vistana
2004-CBR 2005-CSR 2006-CBR 2007-POFQ
2010-POR 2012-AKL 2014 ASMu

WE DON'T STOP LAUGHING BECAUSE WE GROW OLD, WE GROW OLD BECAUSE WE STOP LAUGHING!
Old 09-25-2012, 01:22 PM   #2425
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Hi J's & K's!

I've been keeping up but just don't have much to say.

Kim - I hope everything goes well with your son.

Elin - have a great time showing off Bob's progress

Brandi - Hopefully you will get your answers and move on.

Laura - safe travels!

Ann - I hope you are enjoying your trip!
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

Old 09-25-2012, 01:57 PM   #2426
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Hi everybody I hope all is well.

Ann, what a fabulous surprise you were able to pull off! I would have been bursting at the seems with such a big secret.

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14, AKV CL 12/14
Old 09-25-2012, 01:59 PM   #2427
Pinkocto

Wendy, I hope that headache leaves pronto!

Kim, prayers for DS.

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14, AKV CL 12/14
Old 09-25-2012, 02:00 PM   #2428
Pinkocto

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennsgirl762 View Post
Hi everybody! Hope all of you are well! I just want to say thank you all for this wonderful thread, without all of you and your help, I would have not known half the things I've learned, and especially about AKL. This was our first stay at AKL and by far our favorite resort! We had a wonderful trip in August and I cannot say enough great things about this wonderful resort!!
Glad you had a great trip! Any plans when you'll be back?

Old 09-25-2012, 03:34 PM   #2429
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

Quote:
Good morning, Js & Ks!

What a wonderful occasion to be part of. I hope you will both have a great day tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelTori View Post

Safe travels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendypooh View Post
Thanks Sweetie!!! I appreciate it! I'm SO excited for your trip - it's going to be awesome!!! Glad I could help with a little tiny part of it!!! Hugs!!!
I will never forget this. I had notification that the t shirt was shipped today. I can't wait to see it in person.

Corinna
Old 09-25-2012, 04:08 PM   #2430
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
Laura - safe travels!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
Safe travels.

Corinna
Thanks!

This business trip is my *prelude to F&FW at WDW*!! I'm hoping the time flies!!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: