Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2012, 01:19 PM   #2326
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelTori View Post
I will be in Washington State 9/25 to 10/6. Nothing like a little notice, huh?!!!

Wendy, I am starting to understand how you feel about the move to Hawaii. My son & DIL are in the early planning stages of a move to New Zealand. It will be for 1 to 2 years. I see a NZ trip in my future!
I was wondering if you were going to Camp Pendelton, that's not far from me.

Where in NZ are they moving to? It's a beautiful place we visited there about 15 years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel16 View Post
Good morning to all J's & K's! It is still dark out side here. :-). The house is quite and I am waiting for my coffee to brew. The big day has finally arrived!!!!!!!

Thank you all so much for your thought regarding our friends passing. Hugs to you all. We will be at Shades of Green tonight for 5 nights then moving over to Beach Club and finishing off our trip at my beloved AKL. If any one has something they want me to check out at any of those resorts or in the parks just let me know. I'm happy to help as much as possible.

I am not quite awake, only got about 3 1/2 hours sleep. Hope I don't snore or drool on the plane. ROLFL. Hugs everyone.

Ann
Have a great trip Ann!!!!! Can't wait to hear about your husband's "surprise"!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmar067 View Post
....soooo, the Fall Offer came out to the following:
$354/std room - 12/21
$354/std room - 12/22
$495/std room - 12/23 - 12/28

Total(room only) $3,581.00

If I add on three 5-day base passes, it's an added total of $856.26, but I could get them at "UT" for $841.95 for 6-day base passes (or 5-day base passes for $808.08)! I still have to add on airfare and food....
Yikes! Makes me thankful for DVC!

Quote:
....I know .....renting DVC points would be almost HALF...now, if I could just make that HAPPEN....
I'd rent if I had the points and there were any availability!

Quote:
Originally Posted by John's Mom View Post
I'm feeling okay. I've been coughing and sneezing the past two days. I have to hold my stomach, but it still hurts a little.
Ouch, feel better soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNO4TE View Post
Good morning, Js & Ks!

Still not up to snuff here, but I am feeling a little better. I didn't take any meds last night and slept through the night! I have 17 days to feel better.
I hope you get all better in time for your trip!
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!
Old 09-20-2012, 01:50 PM   #2327
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

This is not about AKL, but it is Disney and I think at least a few people here will understand my excitement. I just have to share with somebody or I will burst.

I have just received a serious amount of Pixie Dust. We got our room assignment for the November cruise earlier this week. Although I was happy with our assignment, it really annoyed me that I missed out on the Interline rate for a veranda cabin and a few days later they opened up again. Anyway, I decided to ring them today to make sure that the cruise documents go to my work address. I decided to be brave and ask if they would still let me upgrade and they said that was no problem. It cost me about $60 total to do so. Graham has no idea. I will keep this a surprise until it is time to go up to our cabin on November 10th. I can't wait to see his face.

Corinna
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-20-2012, 01:54 PM   #2328
luvindisneyworld
Fireworks then a sundae - good stuff
Glad to hear you wll be spending more time here

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
Hi Misty, I was there 2 weeks ago and took pictures of everything. I'll try to remember and post pictures today. I'm not that far into my TR or I'd just send you over there. There are already resort pictures posted though. The link is in my signature if you're interested.
Thank you so much. I will be following the rest of your report.
Old 09-20-2012, 04:44 PM   #2329
John's Mom
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
AKL Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
This is not about AKL, but it is Disney and I think at least a few people here will understand my excitement. I just have to share with somebody or I will burst.

I have just received a serious amount of Pixie Dust. We got our room assignment for the November cruise earlier this week. Although I was happy with our assignment, it really annoyed me that I missed out on the Interline rate for a veranda cabin and a few days later they opened up again. Anyway, I decided to ring them today to make sure that the cruise documents go to my work address. I decided to be brave and ask if they would still let me upgrade and they said that was no problem. It cost me about $60 total to do so. Graham has no idea. I will keep this a surprise until it is time to go up to our cabin on November 10th. I can't wait to see his face.

Corinna
Congrats on the pixiedust.

Old 09-20-2012, 04:57 PM   #2330
tiggrbaby
We must work harder to stay under the radar for this oneWe always bring our own inflatable noodle

Quote:

Corinna
Yay for you!

DISboards 2104 Book Challenge: 16/40
DISboards 2013 Book Challenge: 36/35
Old 09-20-2012, 07:41 PM   #2331
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
I hope you get all better in time for your trip!
Me too! But I am also hoping to be feeling better by next weekend: Our local Ale House is having their annual Oktoberfest and both our daughters are coming home! I want to feel good so I can enjoy my time with them.

Quote:

Corinna
How marvelous, Corinna. What a terrific surprise for Graham!

"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."
Old 09-20-2012, 08:15 PM   #2332
wendypooh
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
Cajun Tinkerbell Princess
Tag Toggler
Loves kissing Tag Fairy butt ;)

Hi J's & K's - hope everyone is good........ all here good, just trying to plan our trip to see the little man!!! Got my sinuses under control and hope to go see some hot air balloons tomorrow!!!

Quote:
Wendy, I am starting to understand how you feel about the move to Hawaii. My son & DIL are in the early planning stages of a move to New Zealand. It will be for 1 to 2 years. I see a NZ trip in my future!
WOW - NZ - how fun!!! But, yes, I know how you feel, excited and sad all at once!!

Quote:
Good morning to all J's & K's! It is still dark out side here. :-). The house is quite and I am waiting for my coffee to brew. The big day has finally arrived!!!!!!!

Thank you all so much for your thought regarding our friends passing. Hugs to you all. We will be at Shades of Green tonight for 5 nights then moving over to Beach Club and finishing off our trip at my beloved AKL. If any one has something they want me to check out at any of those resorts or in the parks just let me know. I'm happy to help as much as possible.

I am not quite awake, only got about 3 1/2 hours sleep. Hope I don't snore or drool on the plane. ROLFL. Hugs everyone.

Ann
Hope you are having a wonderful time!!!

Quote:
Alright Kim - PM me, I gotta know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and I'm sorry your plans aren't working out better - I hope something magical happens and you get to go!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by John's Mom View Post
I'm feeling okay. I've been coughing and sneezing the past two days. I have to hold my stomach, but it still hurts a little.
Hey Kathy, glad your feeling a little better!!! I've been coughing and sneezing too - my allergies are acting up - but this might make you smile, when I cough, I just "whizz" a little bit --- I gotta get that checked out!!! LOL

Quote:
Good morning, Js & Ks!

Still not up to snuff here, but I am feeling a little better. I didn't take any meds last night and slept through the night! I have 17 days to feel better.
Awww - hugs, feel better my friend!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
Hi everybody hope you all are having a great day!
Hi Pam!!! You too!!

Quote:
Our local Ale House is having their annual Oktoberfest and both our daughters are coming home! I want to feel good so I can enjoy my time with them.
YAY - go away cold!!!!

Hey Brandi - -- how are you - good I hope!!!

Hey Alison - -- hope things are good with you guys as well!!!!

Hugs my friends, I hope you all have a great weekend!!!
Old 09-20-2012, 08:24 PM   #2333
wendypooh
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
Tag Toggler

Quote:

Corinna
Awww - Corinna, how sweet and good for you!!!! Also, check your PM!!
Old 09-20-2012, 10:26 PM   #2334
Angel16
Member of the 'Jambo! WildBunch'
Mouseketeer

Hello my friends, We arrived safely last night but a little late due to the storms in the south. Then we had to sit on the Tarmac because they didn't have a gate for us. LOL.
Today we got up around 8:30 pretty good for a first day and 3 hour difference. Had a quick breakfast in our room and headed to the Magic Kingdom. We were all ready for rain and not so great weather...it was a beautiful day. Partly sunny and no rain at all. Just rather hot and steamy. Hit all the big rides except for splash mountain...maybe tomorrow. Had lunch at Pecos Bills for the first time, amazing fixin bar!

The wireless is a bit here and gone. Hope this posts. I will go back and read to catch up. Hope you all are doing great.

Weather just said the weather tomorrow is rain in the afternoon then sunny through next week. Woohoo isn't that awesome.

Ann
Old 09-20-2012, 11:12 PM   #2335
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:

Corinna
This sounds awsome! Too bad you can't snap a picture of his face when he finds out!

Quote:
Hello my friends, We arrived safely last night but a little late due to the storms in the south. Then we had to sit on the Tarmac because they didn't have a gate for us. LOL.
Today we got up around 8:30 pretty good for a first day and 3 hour difference. Had a quick breakfast in our room and headed to the Magic Kingdom. We were all ready for rain and not so great weather...it was a beautiful day. Partly sunny and no rain at all. Just rather hot and steamy. Hit all the big rides except for splash mountain...maybe tomorrow. Had lunch at Pecos Bills for the first time, amazing fixin bar!

The wireless is a bit here and gone. Hope this posts. I will go back and read to catch up. Hope you all are doing great.

Weather just said the weather tomorrow is rain in the afternoon then sunny through next week. Woohoo isn't that awesome.

Ann
You guys have an awesome time! I'll be here wishing I was going to WDW, and trying to be patient waiting for it to happen!
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!
Old 09-21-2012, 05:25 AM   #2336
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Good morning Js & Ks! Happy Friday!

Elin - how wonderful that the girls will be home! Happy Oktoberfest!

Wendy - I know you are excited to see your little man again! Have a wonderful visit!

Corinna - Congrats on the upgrade and, I agree. A pic of DH's reaction would be priceless!

Ann - Thanks for checking in! We are all excited for you and your mystery trip!

Alison - I don't know where in New Zealand the kids are moving. They still have one more hurdle to cross in the application process (and according to DS, this part of the process costs about $2,000! )

Kathy - Hope you are feeling better.

One more work day here on the Base, then I am headed home tomorrow! Will have 3 whole days to get things caught up, then back on the road until 10/6. Then............ one day till WDW!!!!!

Old 09-21-2012, 05:40 AM   #2337
tiggrbaby
We must work harder to stay under the radar for this oneWe always bring our own inflatable noodle

Quote:

Ann
Glad you had a good start!

Old 09-21-2012, 05:42 AM   #2338
tiggrbaby

Happy Friday Jamborinis and Kidanites! (I thought it would never get here!)

Old 09-21-2012, 06:17 AM   #2339
wendypooh
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
Tag Toggler

Quote:

Ann
Awesome start - minus the delay, but it all turned out well!!! Enjoy!!!

Quote:
Good morning Js & Ks! Happy Friday!

Elin - how wonderful that the girls will be home! Happy Oktoberfest!

Wendy - I know you are excited to see your little man again! Have a wonderful visit!

Corinna - Congrats on the upgrade and, I agree. A pic of DH's reaction would be priceless!

Ann - Thanks for checking in! We are all excited for you and your mystery trip!

Alison - I don't know where in New Zealand the kids are moving. They still have one more hurdle to cross in the application process (and according to DS, this part of the process costs about $2,000! )

Kathy - Hope you are feeling better.

One more work day here on the Base, then I am headed home tomorrow! Will have 3 whole days to get things caught up, then back on the road until 10/6. Then............ one day till WDW!!!!!
Yes, I'm VERY excited to see him!!! Excited for you too and your trip so sooooon!!!! YAY

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggrbaby View Post
Happy Friday Jamborinis and Kidanites! (I thought it would never get here!)
Happy Friday to you too!!! I also thought it would never get here, been a LONG week!!!!
Old 09-21-2012, 06:18 AM   #2340
wendypooh
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
Tag Toggler

Happy Anniversary

Alison & Fran

Hope you have a great day!!!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: