Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2012, 08:54 PM   #2221
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
Oh Laura, what a pain. I'm sorry.

Do you have to be there at a certain time tomorrow?
and it appears I will be a little late!!

Stuff happens - I just think it's ironic, especially since I mentioned to my colleagues this morning "watch - this will be the one time my luggage gets lost!" (that'll teach me to keep my mouth shut!!! )

Old 09-15-2012, 08:56 PM   #2222
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Quote:
Originally Posted by placeela View Post
Thanks so much for the quick reply. I am definately leaning that way but need to talk to my DH. Right now we are booked in a pool view room, but the more I read the more I want to get SV. Then if I get SV, it is only a little more to Club Can you see a pattern here? We usually stay Value or offsite but since we will be moving next year and probably won't be in driving distance anymore, I want to go one more time. So, it started off with maybe we can spend a little more and get Moderate. Then, well for a little more I can get a deluxe, etc, etc and now we are quite a bit over what we usually spend. Haha, I guess that is how it goes when I keep reading posts about how great all these resorts are
I understand completely

I had a pool view last week, and although it was very nice we really missed the savannah view. I just love being out on the balcony watching the animals, it's really amazing.

I have thoroughly enjoyed my value and moderate stays, but I have to say AKL is truly a fabulous place to experience. I can't sing its praises enough!

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14, AKV CL 12/14
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-15-2012, 08:58 PM   #2223
Pinkocto

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelTori View Post

Stuff happens - I just think it's ironic, especially since I mentioned to my colleagues this morning "watch - this will be the one time my luggage gets lost!" (that'll teach me to keep my mouth shut!!! )
How ironic indeed! I hope they don't bring it too late tonight.

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14, AKV CL 12/14
Old 09-15-2012, 10:00 PM   #2224
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people

Quote:
How ironic indeed! I hope they don't bring it too late tonight.
10pm now -- at this point, I just hope they bring it tonight!! I found other clothes to pack, but there are some toiletry items I would sure like to bring with me!!

Wishing all my J & K friends a lovely Sunday. I'll check back in when I can!

Old 09-15-2012, 10:14 PM   #2225
Pinkocto

Safe travels tomorrow.

Old 09-15-2012, 11:43 PM   #2226
Angel16
Member of the 'Jambo! WildBunch'
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Quote:
10pm now -- at this point, I just hope they bring it tonight!! I found other clothes to pack, but there are some toiletry items I would sure like to bring with me!!

Wishing all my J & K friends a lovely Sunday. I'll check back in when I can!
Doesn't it just happen like that. So sorry Laura, I hope your luggage has arrived and you are sleeping by now.

Safe trip my friend.

I am going to start packing tomorrow for our trip. Things are going along pretty smoothly. Almost scared to say that out loud.

Old 09-16-2012, 05:59 AM   #2227
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

Quote:

I have a funny story to share with y'all -- although I'm not laughing just yet!!!

My flight out of Killeen was delayed and I JUST made my connection in Dallas (I have never run through an airport so fast in my life!).

So I made my connection but my luggage didn't!

The bag came in on a flight this evening and is supposedly en route to me -- although it may be midnight before it arrives! When it finally arrives, I need to unpack it, do the laundry, repack and be on the road between 7 and 8am. It's a 7-hour drive to Bragg.

I oughta be a real beaut by the time I get there!!! Cranky and sleepy!!!
What a pain. I hope your luggage has arrived safe and sound and that you managed to get some sleep.

Corinna
Old 09-16-2012, 06:05 AM   #2228
dolphingirl47

My vacation is creeping up on me and this will be the first time ever that I will be staying onsite during the holiday season. We were in Orlando over Thanksgiving in 2007, but we only became DVC members during this trip and stayed on International Drive. Because of this, a lot of the holiday offerings passed me by.

This time round we are staying at WDW from November 17th to 27th and I wonder what things I should not miss. Here are the things that are already on my list:

The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights
Candlelight Processional
Monorail Resorts
Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party
Fort Wilderness

Corinna
Old 09-16-2012, 06:42 AM   #2229
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people

Quote:
Safe travels tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel16 View Post
Doesn't it just happen like that. So sorry Laura, I hope your luggage has arrived and you are sleeping by now.

Safe trip my friend.

I am going to start packing tomorrow for our trip. Things are going along pretty smoothly. Almost scared to say that out loud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
What a pain. I hope your luggage has arrived safe and sound and that you managed to get some sleep.

Corinna

Just a quick follow-up! My suitcase finally arrived at 6:00am this morning!!! I managed to get about 2-1/2 hours sleep -- yep, I shall be one cranky female later today!!!

I grabbed what I absolutely needed out of the vagabond suitcase - I'll unpack the rest next week!!

Happy vacation packing Ann; Happy vacation planning Corinna!

I am hitting the road!!

Happy Sunday y'all!!

Old 09-16-2012, 08:18 AM   #2230
tiggrbaby
We must work harder to stay under the radar for this oneWe always bring our own inflatable noodle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel16 View Post

Safe trip my friend.

Hope the packing goes well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
My vacation is creeping up on me and this will be the first time ever that I will be staying onsite during the holiday season. We were in Orlando over Thanksgiving in 2007, but we only became DVC members during this trip and stayed on International Drive. Because of this, a lot of the holiday offerings passed me by.

This time round we are staying at WDW from November 17th to 27th and I wonder what things I should not miss. Here are the things that are already on my list:

The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights
Candlelight Processional
Monorail Resorts
Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party
Fort Wilderness

Corinna
Sounds like great plans! Don't forget all the Epcot resorts.

Quote:
Just a quick follow-up! My suitcase finally arrived at 6:00am this morning!!! I managed to get about 2-1/2 hours sleep -- yep, I shall be one cranky female later today!!!

I grabbed what I absolutely needed out of the vagabond suitcase - I'll unpack the rest next week!!

I am hitting the road!!

Happy Sunday y'all!!
Wow! Nothing like the last minute! Safe travels!

DISboards 2104 Book Challenge: 42/40
DISboards 2013 Book Challenge: 36/35
Old 09-16-2012, 08:19 AM   #2231
tiggrbaby
We must work harder to stay under the radar for this oneWe always bring our own inflatable noodle

Happy Sunday Jamborinis and Kidanites!

DISboards 2104 Book Challenge: 42/40
DISboards 2013 Book Challenge: 36/35
Old 09-16-2012, 08:29 AM   #2232
dolphingirl47

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggrbaby View Post
Sounds like great plans! Don't forget all the Epcot resorts.
Thanks, I have added them to my list. It would be great if the decorations were already up when we are staying at BWV, but I think we may be out of luck.

Corinna
Old 09-16-2012, 10:34 AM   #2233
Pinkocto

Quote:

I am hitting the road!!

Happy Sunday y'all!!
Oh my goodness! Drive safely, and I hope everything goes well with work.

Old 09-16-2012, 10:38 AM   #2234
dgbg100106

It is pretty unique... Just like me
Mommy, please make the mean witch stop talking to me

Quote:

I have a funny story to share with y'all -- although I'm not laughing just yet!!!

My flight out of Killeen was delayed and I JUST made my connection in Dallas (I have never run through an airport so fast in my life!).

So I made my connection but my luggage didn't!

The bag came in on a flight this evening and is supposedly en route to me -- although it may be midnight before it arrives! When it finally arrives, I need to unpack it, do the laundry, repack and be on the road between 7 and 8am. It's a 7-hour drive to Bragg.

I oughta be a real beaut by the time I get there!!! Cranky and sleepy!!!
Oh my dear.... Thanks sucks royally... why drive? Did you not want to fly into fayettenam?

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
Old 09-16-2012, 10:39 AM   #2235
Pinkocto

Corinna, they also have sleigh rides at the WL. Not sure when they start though. And Santas around the World at Epcot. Each countries version of Santa Clause does a little story time. There are numerous times throughout the day that they come out.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: