Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-22-2012, 04:50 PM   #121
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Hey girl! I wouldn't want to work in your office right now. I can just imagine how chaotic it is. We'll be here when you get time to update.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 08-22-2012, 08:31 PM   #122
amandaw
DIS Veteran

No worries! We'll still be here when you're ready!

I can only imagine what kind of madhouse your office must be right now!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-23-2012, 08:22 AM   #123
sherylcin
Mouseketeer

All I can say is I'm glad you're one of the people in the country who understands financial aid!! I (selfishly) am glad you're a little behind cause I had to go out of town for work last week and thought I'D be the one way behind. See ya real soon!!
2008 - DVC Members! Animal Kingdom Villas/Boardwalk Villas; 2009 - Offsite at Marriott's Grande Vista; 2010 - Grand Californian Villas in Disneyland; 2011 - BLT and Beach Club; 2012 - Ashton's Surprise 13th BD Trip at POP; 2013-OKW and BC in January then Offsite for Thanksgiving at Sheraton Vistana Villages; 2014 - Offsite at Marriott's Cypress Harbour for quick unplanned surprise trip.
Old 08-23-2012, 12:09 PM   #124
Soarin4Disney
Earning My Ears

Didn't realize you started your TR until now. All caught up and loving it (like I did the others). Can't wait for more.

Our Disney Vacations:

Apr 2010 Offsite
May 2010 POP
Old 08-25-2012, 11:58 AM   #125
TinksThree
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Hey girl! I wouldn't want to work in your office right now. I can just imagine how chaotic it is. We'll be here when you get time to update.
It has been so crazy!! Good thing is our attendance is at an all-time high but that makes our office extremely chaotic. Plus we handle the student's accounts too!

An update is coming next!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
No worries! We'll still be here when you're ready!

I can only imagine what kind of madhouse your office must be right now!
Thanks! I knew you all would hang around but hate to leave everything at a stand-still! Yes, it has been a mad house!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherylcin View Post
All I can say is I'm glad you're one of the people in the country who understands financial aid!! I (selfishly) am glad you're a little behind cause I had to go out of town for work last week and thought I'D be the one way behind. See ya real soon!!
Honestly, understanding financial aid is hard!!! Sometimes I think I know more than I ever cared to! We joke about how no child ever says "I want to be a financial aid counselor when I grow up!" You just kind of happen into it! I feel so bad for families that have no one that has a clue! But helping is the the reward...even during weeks such as this past one! Plus the laws change daily--at least it feels like it--making it even more challenging!!

I always love to find others behind in their TRs when I have to be away! So I am glad I "obliged" you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soarin4Disney View Post
Didn't realize you started your TR until now. All caught up and loving it (like I did the others). Can't wait for more.
Glad you found me and enjoying it!! And you're caught up too! (of course I have made that easier the last few weeks!) Update very soon!!!
Old 08-25-2012, 12:18 PM   #126
TinksThree
DIS Veteran

Indiana Jones!!!

Since it has been forever since I last posted let’s do a quick recap of this day!

1. Up and going, checked into resort, luggage to rooms and at Epcot by 9:15am!
2. Living with the Land, Mission Space and Soarin’ all completed and on to lunch!
3. Discussions run rampant on how many ways we could change the plans for this day!
4. Lunch in England is nixed, I get stung by a bee but it doesn’t hinder us enjoying lunch at Via Napoli!
5. After eating a very delicious pizza we head off to DHS to try and see Indiana Jones!
6. We are now on the Friendship Boat….will we make it in time?!

As we made our way from Epcot to DHS I took some pictures. The Captain looked like a giant on this foliage!

I really love all the various transportation options we have while in the world!

As we made our way to Beach Club/Yacht Club and on to Boardwalk I notice that Keith is taking advantage of the downtime!!

A few more shots along the way:

Soon we have passed the Swan/Dolphin Resorts and we are heading straight to DHS!

We emerge and I was so hot!!! As I said in the last post...that boat had no air flow!! It made me feel very icky!!

The must have balloon picture!!!

I thought this little dino friend was so cute peaking over the foliage as he had some lunch!!

We arrive just in time to make our way to Indiana Jones (2pm show) and grab a nice ice cream treat to enjoy while we waited for the show to begin! Keith really likes the Mickey Bars…who would have guessed that one?! He had one almost every day! I had the pineapple bar...it was good and Madison and Chris got the strawberry...another good choice!! You can't go wrong with any of those choices!

It was a little warm but not too terrible in the stadium area (or whatever it is called). The chick comes out that chooses the volunteers and then it is time to begin!

Continued in the next post.....
Old 08-25-2012, 12:19 PM   #127
TinksThree
DIS Veteran

Continued from previous post....

We have seen this almost every trip and still love it! I just wish Harrison Ford was actually there! A few pictures to pretend like you are sitting in the heat watching Indiana and Marion fight off the bad guys in the 1930’s:

So what next? It is a little after 2:30pm and we have time to spend in DHS. But this was a sudden choice so what should we do!? Well, that comes next time!!
Old 08-25-2012, 04:11 PM   #128
amandaw
DIS Veteran

I've heard those boats between EPCOT & DHS can be really stifling!

So glad y'all made it for Indiana Jones! I do enjoy that show. But, we haven't gone on our last couple of trips so we may need to work it in this year.

Can't wait to hear what else y'all decided to do that day!
Old 08-25-2012, 04:42 PM   #129
solana131
DIS Veteran

Love that boat ride ... but love it even more in February when you're not melting! And great pics of Indian Jones. I still have not seen that show. Will have to try to make it next time. HS is my least favorite park, so we usually try to get in, do the popular rides then get out. But they do have some good shows there (Beauty and the Beast, Little Mermaid, Lights Motors Action, even Fantasmic I haven't seen) that we have to put on our to do list next time

Feb'12 TR: How do I go back to a world that doesn't have fireworks every night?
July'12 TR: July 2012. Yes it was hot. Yes it was crowded. Yes it was FUN!
August'13 TR: Mom...am I supposed to have shoes on??
Old 08-25-2012, 10:39 PM   #130
TinksThree
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
I've heard those boats between EPCOT & DHS can be really stifling!

So glad y'all made it for Indiana Jones! I do enjoy that show. But, we haven't gone on our last couple of trips so we may need to work it in this year.

Can't wait to hear what else y'all decided to do that day!
It had been awhile since we rode that boat all the way and it was in March...the middle of July was almost miserable!

I love Indiana Jones! It is one of my favorite shows at Disney!

From what I remember scanning my reminder e-mails you may be interested in our evening. But that is still a little ways off!
Old 08-25-2012, 10:43 PM   #131
TinksThree
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by solana131 View Post
Love that boat ride ... but love it even more in February when you're not melting! And great pics of Indian Jones. I still have not seen that show. Will have to try to make it next time. HS is my least favorite park, so we usually try to get in, do the popular rides then get out. But they do have some good shows there (Beauty and the Beast, Little Mermaid, Lights Motors Action, even Fantasmic I haven't seen) that we have to put on our to do list next time
I love the boat ride too! But July was much different than a July ride!! So I completely agree with you! DHS is my least favorite too but we have managed to hit the big rides and Lights Motors Action (which is now about to leave the park!) and Indiana Jones. I have yet to see Beauty and the beast, Little Mermaid or Fantasmic! I need to make amends to that!
Old 08-26-2012, 12:05 AM   #132
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

I'm glad that you guys made it to DHS in time for the show! Those boats can be so hot and slow, but Maddie loves them! I like the scenery a lot though.

Love the picture of the captain! What a cool angle! Great pictures as usual!
Old 08-26-2012, 08:04 AM   #133
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Great pictures of Indiana Jones! So glad you enjoyed it! We still haven't made it there yet. It was on our list in July too. Hopefully, next time!!

Can't wait to find out what you do next.

Old 08-26-2012, 11:03 AM   #134
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

I'm here! Late but here. Going back to catch up. Can't wait to read.
Old 08-26-2012, 11:51 AM   #135
TinksThree
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
I'm glad that you guys made it to DHS in time for the show! Those boats can be so hot and slow, but Maddie loves them! I like the scenery a lot though.

Love the picture of the captain! What a cool angle! Great pictures as usual!
Keith loves the boats too but I think he likes them because they are slow and he can fit in a nap...hot or not!! Of course if a nap keeps him happy I am all for it!

I actually almost deleted the picture of the captain and decided to wait until I saw it on the computer. I was glad I did because I thought it was pretty cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angies1274 View Post
Great pictures of Indiana Jones! So glad you enjoyed it! We still haven't made it there yet. It was on our list in July too. Hopefully, next time!!

Can't wait to find out what you do next.
Thanks! Indiana Jones is one of our favorites! We saw it once and we keep going back! Keith doesn't like "shows" so for this to be something he wants and chooses to do is huge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
I'm here! Late but here. Going back to catch up. Can't wait to read.
Hooray! So glad you made it over!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: