Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-06-2012, 08:39 PM   #91
TinksThree
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by burly View Post
Jumping in. fun.
So glad to have you joining in!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
I can never get enough pictures of Living With The Land nor do I ever tire of seeing them. I just love that attraction for some reason. If you ever do get a chance to "spring" something new on Keith, I'd suggest the Behind the Seeds tour. It's really neat to see things up close and it's not very expensive either.
We love it too!! I am really thinking to make this something we do in October. We will be at Epcot so much and it would be something different! I remember you guys enjoying it last year! I am trying to find "different" things to make this trip not so "Disney" like the past trips...only to show him we haven't scratched the surface of things to do!
Old 08-06-2012, 09:02 PM   #92
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Joining in! You were there the same week we were. I'm really enjoying your TR. But, especially all your pictures of POFQ! It looks like such a beautiful resort! We usually stay at Pop Century and love it, but have decided to try a moderate resort next trip so I've been researching all our options.

Can't wait to read more about your trip!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-06-2012, 09:29 PM   #93
TinksThree
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angies1274 View Post
Joining in! You were there the same week we were. I'm really enjoying your TR. But, especially all your pictures of POFQ! It looks like such a beautiful resort! We usually stay at Pop Century and love it, but have decided to try a moderate resort next trip so I've been researching all our options.

Can't wait to read more about your trip!
So happy to have you reading along!! POFQ is so beautiful! I will have lots and lots of POFQ and POR in a few more posts. We really have loved staying there! We will be at POP for the first time in October and I am looking forward to it! Glad to hear more positive comments on POP!! We stayed at Coronado two years ago and it was okay--the pool was great!! But CBR looks beautiful too! I have enjoyed the mods--hadn't been spoiled by the Deluxe resorts yet!
Old 08-07-2012, 09:59 AM   #94
solana131
DIS Veteran

Great pictures of LWTL. I know it gets a bad rep sometimes, but to me that is what Epcot is all about. Learning new ways to farm and new technology. My little guy loves going on that ride!

I can't believe I didn't know that about the balloons in The Land But Sunshine Seasons is yummy! Have you ever tried their breakfast panini?? OMG! To die for!

Feb'12 TR: How do I go back to a world that doesn't have fireworks every night?
July'12 TR: July 2012. Yes it was hot. Yes it was crowded. Yes it was FUN!
August'13 TR: Mom...am I supposed to have shoes on??
Old 08-07-2012, 06:25 PM   #95
TinksThree
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by solana131 View Post
Great pictures of LWTL. I know it gets a bad rep sometimes, but to me that is what Epcot is all about. Learning new ways to farm and new technology. My little guy loves going on that ride!

I can't believe I didn't know that about the balloons in The Land But Sunshine Seasons is yummy! Have you ever tried their breakfast panini?? OMG! To die for!
Thanks! I really like LWTL!! I miss the "old" Epcot! I really liked the Horizon pavilion and The World of Motion....that is what I remember from my 1st trip to Disney!

I have not had the panini! Okay...going on my list of things to try! Thanks for that tip!! I am about to reveal a little more on those balloons!
Old 08-07-2012, 06:52 PM   #96
TinksThree
DIS Veteran

Soarin', Changes begin and WATCH FOR THOSE BEES!!!

Then we went back to The Land to ride Soarin’.

As we enter The Land I snapped another picture of the balloons (evidently forgetting the previous!) but for more Of the Hidden Magic of Walt Disney World (by Susan Veness)

The balloons actually represent earth and as I said before the seasons with the green balloon being spring, the yellow balloon is summer, the orange balloon is fall and the blue balloon is winter!! And have you noticed the characters on the balloons before? Those represent cultures from around the world. So now you know!!

A brief break by some in our party meant time to browse the little shop area by Soarin':

Then it was time to ride!!!

FastPass is the only way I will go now unless the wait is very short! In March I had to wait 60 minutes and that was tough on the feet!! This time we breezed right through!

I asked for the front row so we stepped to the side for a few seconds and then we were told "Row 1"!! I love sitting on the front row for the full effect!

Keith attempted this time around and did well…no motion sickness! I have heard a lot about the quality of the film on this ride and it really is true! There are all of these little fleck things floating around….but I didn’t let that keep me from enjoying my flight! No way!! I inhale the lovely aromas of oranges and pine and let me feet swing into the water…..does anyone else feel like you should be able to dip your feet in the water?! I always find it a surreal moment when you think your feet will be going into the river but they do not! I wear flip flops so bare feet in water would be okay. I suppose it wouldn’t be prudent to have that effect for those that wear socks and tennis shoes!

With trips to Mars and California now behind us, we decide to head for some lunch!!

Along the way to World Showcase we have some Kodak moments!

In March there was an awesome sand sculpture for the Chimpanzee movie that was showing in April. This trip the sand sculpture was for Brave which had just opened!! Again, very amazing!!!

We head into Canada...

Since we have BIG plans for an early dinner tonight, I had jotted down eating here….

We get there and a debate goes on if the Fish and Chips have real chips or French Fries. I ask a CM and he says it is fries (which actually is what we all would want anyhow) but Keith comes up with other plans….other plans that affect the entire rest of the day. I tell him fine whatever as long as we make it to the Polynesian by 5pm!

Now my very loose “plan” since this isn’t really a trip about planning was 1)Epcot until 1pm or so, 2) unpack at resort when room is ready, 3) dinner at Ohana at 5:15pm and 4) Kids to Magic Kingdom for PM EMH and Keith and I back to Epcot and then to Boardwalk and Jellyrolls.

Well, you can see that numbers 1 and 2 have been pretty much mixed up and now here we are at lunch with our day becoming this: 1) Check-in and unload belongings in room, 2) Epcot, 3) lunch at Yorkshire Fish Shop nixed and we choose to go to……oh and 4) the afternoon plans are diverted thanks to a brilliant idea by Keith but I will get to that later!!

So we head deeper into World Showcase

and Keith decides maybe Italian. We decide to check and see if Via Napoli has any openings. I had an ADR for later in the week at VN and we decide that one will be cancelled if we can get lunch there today!

My view just before the next story happens....

We sit on a bench next to some beautiful flowers to check the menu before going on to Italy when for no reason at all….nothing provokes this…..it just came out of the blue…..a bee decides to sting me!! I heard the buzz….I felt the sharp piercing sting….I screamed and threw my phone and whatever else was in my lap…and this all happened so quickly! A couple come over and said they saw the vicious beast fly away and comment that if it makes me feel better he probably won’t be flying much longer! (Of note, only the honey bee dies after stinging. Wasps and hornets live on! I found this out last Friday!) They are Boy Scout leaders and tell me what to watch for since I do not know if I am allergic to bees…thankfully my lips never went numb so I must be fine with bees!

My neck felt as though it had a boulder on it though! I kept imagining my neck looking like Will Ferrell’s back in “Land of the Lost”….thankfully when I looked in the mirror I realized it was just a small red lump and my hair covered it nicely!!

Thus the title of my report because just prior to the bee sting, a comment was made about how sometimes it is nice to enjoy the moment…stop and smell the roses…soak up your time because soon it is flying past you….then BAM! a bee stings someone in your party!!

Next up...Can we get in mid-July for a last minute ADR?

Last edited by TinksThree; 08-07-2012 at 08:51 PM.
Old 08-07-2012, 08:51 PM   #97
TinksThree
DIS Veteran

Thought I would share this off-topic also!!

And I thought I would share the following picture. This hornet was on the sidewalk at my work last Friday...it was dead and a guy that I work with was brave enough to pick it up. Dead or not I am not into bugs! Check this guy out! I have my pencil next to it for scale!

That was how I discovered what stinging bugs die and which do not!
Old 08-07-2012, 09:05 PM   #98
NCDisneyMom
DIS Cast Member
That's me... a sympathy crier
I am a closet Saved By The Bell fan

Ouch on the sting! When I saw the title of your report and saw you stayed at POFQ, I thought it had to do with the resort. On one of our last days there, we went to the pool and there were swarms of bees all around the chairs closest to the bar area! We, luckily, escaped any stings. Enjoying your report and can't wait to read more!
Old 08-07-2012, 10:22 PM   #99
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

I always wish that I could dip my toes in the water on Soarin'! It's so immersive that it seems like you should be able to!

Love the note about the balloons! I did read that book, it was great! Thanks for recommending it!

I'm so sorry about the bee sting! I hope that it didn't affect the rest of the trip too badly.

Can't wait to hear how the plans changed!
Old 08-07-2012, 11:31 PM   #100
amandaw
DIS Veteran

What a nice day............until that darn bee!

I get so terrified anytime I see a bee or wasp or anything that can sting me. Thank goodness you were okay! I sure hope that bee sting didn't keep you from eating at 'Ohana that night. But, I have a bad feeling that it just might have.
Old 08-08-2012, 05:27 AM   #101
pinkxray
DIS Veteran

Oh no, I'm sorry to hear about the sting. It sounds awful

I have a good feeling about Keith's ability to get into to wherever it is he wants to eat

I never really paid attention to the balloons in Sunshine Seasons. How cool that they have the 4 seasons. I guess it makes sense, but who really notices stuff like that? I need to pick up a copy of the book you mentioned. Is it full of good stuff you wouldn't notice otherwise?
Old 08-08-2012, 06:36 AM   #102
lauren_elizabeth
Disney World Lover

You poor thing! I'm so sorry you got a bee sting on the back of your neck. OUCH!

Yay for getting Row 1 on Soarin'! Best spot ever.

I love walking around World Showcase! It never gets old.

Old 08-08-2012, 10:09 AM   #103
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

I'm seeing your plans unraveling as we speak...we'll type. But, you did say this was a stop and smell the roses trip so I guess the plans going out the window was okay.

Ouch! I haven't been stung by a bee in quite a while but I do remember the pain. At least you didn't have any adverse reaction.

Goodness gracious...the hornet is huge! I'm not scared of bees but I think a hornet that size would make me run and hide.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 08-08-2012, 11:38 AM   #104
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the info on the balloons over Sunshine Seasons. I didn't know that and it's funny because I take a picture of those balloons every trip too. I love learning all those little Disney secrets.

Love Soarin'! So cool that you were in the front row!

Ugh! Sorry about the bee sting. I never knew which bees died after they stung either. Now I do...thanks for the head's up!

Old 08-08-2012, 12:18 PM   #105
ddstratton
DIS Veteran

LOVE Soarin'.... Just love it!

OUCH on the bee sting! We just learned that DD (13) is allergic to bee stings. She had no problems breathing, and her lips never went numb or anything. She did, however, break out in hives and a rash ALL OVER - within about 20 minutes of getting stung on her arm. She believes it was a hornet - like your pictures above - that stung her. She was given a prescription for an epi-pen to carry, because they told her that since this reaction was quite severe, future reactions could be worse.

Looking forward to the rest of your day, changes and all.

May 2016 Pre-Trip Report <--Also includes a Mini Trip Report of our March 2014 trip to Asheville/Gatlinburg

May 2010 - Port Orleans French Quarter Pre-Trip Report and
The AutoTrain, Disney World and More! Trip Report

October 2008 - Caribbean Beach
Pre-Trip Report and Trip Report

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: