Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-03-2012, 11:05 AM   #76
TinksThree
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
Your plans sound great!

Beirgarten always looks like so much fun, that'll be a great place for you two to try (and lots of beer for Keith!)

They are Drew and Peyton in our house too. DH went to college with Drew Brees and got to play some golf with him back then, so we always root for him. And Peyton is my boyfriend, so of course we're on a first name basis.
I really like watching games at ESPNZone. It's a fun place!

POP looks so bright and cheerful, so very Disney. I hope that you enjoy your stay there.

Free Dining and Food and Wine Fest? Doesn't get much better than that!
I have wanted to go to Biergarten for a while so I am semi-excited about it although if anything gets repalced that will probably be the first choice!

How cool that your DH went to school with Drew! I met Peyton once when I was around 7 or so....he was 4 or 5 so I didn't even know who I was meeting at the time! I went to school with Brett Farve for one year but I didn't play golf with him....they don't allow me on a golf course!! LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherylcin View Post
Yea for staying at POP!! I happen to think POP is a very fun, "happy" resort and its proximity to AOA now is a big plus!! We enjoyed our stay there in February and I've stayed there a couple other times as well. One word of caution is about the buses. They're VERY busy (and usually were full on our trip in Feb) so just allow plenty of time. The good thing is you'll have your car if needed. I'll be interested to see if it was a fluke the week we were there or if that's just the norm for POP.

Dining plans are making me hungry (it's lunchtime here!). Bongo's is a place we haven't tried either so can't wait to hear your impressions.

So exciting to go from post-Disney depression to trip planning so fast. Woo Hoo!!!

Forgot to say, it's very wierd to see Peyton's name associated with that OTHER team!! He should still be a Colt!!!
I love all of the colorfulness at POP! And I have loved looking at the pictures of AoA so I am excited about both of those resorts!

I am hoping Bongos was a good move! And it really isn't right seeing Peyton as a Bronco!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkxray View Post
Joining in a few pages behind...

Your pictures of the Beach club and POFQ are all just so beautiful Both places look so inviting and I wish I was staying at either one right now.

Thank you!!! I would love to be there now too!!

Is Madison going to be a senior this year or next? Just wondering when her senior trip will be. I have to say I can totally picture you staying at the BC for that trip, you all look perfectly in place in your pictures.

She is a junior this year...so she is the Class of 5+9 as they like to say!! LOL It is so hard to believe she is almost done and Chris is a senior this year! I am NOT a mother ready to let her kids out inot the real world!

Congrats on your new trip! How exciting to be going back especially after spending 10,000,000.00 just a few weeks ago

Thanks! Keith thinks we spent that much eating!!!!

Hmmm, Bongos? I didn't see that one coming. I haven't heard or seen anything about that place anywhere. I hope you enjoy it and come back and give a great review.
It surprised me too! It began with HoB and I began looking at other DTD restaurants. I found more reviews on Trip Advisor and then seeing pictures there and the Bongos website aided in my decision!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
I'm just now realizing that I somehow missed your update you posted on 7/31. Looks like we were posting about the same time and I guess I overlooked it. Sorry!

Happens to me all of the time so I understand completely!!

I love the way your trip came about! And I definitely don't think you're weird for wanting to go back already. I would have said yes, too! I really wish someone would give me a bday trip one year! (*As I'm typing this on the couch, Ed is standing behind me. I'm hoping he'll read it & get the hint!!!! )

I am so glad I have people in my corner!! I hope Ed gets the hint! You deserve a bday trip!!

I think POP is a good resort choice! It'll be so fun to check out AoA, too!

Your plans are shaping up very nicely! I like all of your ADRs. Can't wait to hear how Bongos is!
I am excited about Pop and AoA since I haven't seen either! Teh only value we have been to is AS Sports and due to cheerleaders that overran the place we didn't enjoy it at all. I have had a poor opinion ever since of the values!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortStuff View Post
Congratulations on your birthday trip!!! That sounds like a wonderful trip! I love the look and feel of POP Century! It is so 'Disney' to me. :

Thansk! It does seem very "Disney" to me too!

Food and Wine is wonderful! Have fun munching around the world. They sell cards with wrist 'holders' attached to them, that you can load for food and wine. You can choose the $$ amount to add, and they will just swipe it when you buy your treats. Go early since you are planning nice dinners. When we went, we didn't actually try that many things and split a lot of them, but were still way too full for dinner.

I had someone tell me about the wrist cards and I think that is such a great idea! It is on my lists of things to do! I am planning to split the things we try but my fear is we will be so stuffed the whole time we won't feel like eating much at dinner! Keith loves the TS places though so I really thought of him when making the reservations. The F&W kiosks are for me and the ADRs are for him!!

I think this class will be a lot of fun for my Grandson. It is at AK and it is called 'Wild About Nature'. They get to ride the safari at the end, so he will like that for sure. :

That sounds very cool!!! I love anything with animals and I would love that program!!

You and your daughter both take wonderful pictures!! Loved the Beach Club shots through the grass at sunset! Gorgeous!

Thank you so much!!

Looking forward to more updates and am really surprised that your DH doesn't like the MK.
Well, I finally learned his main reason for not liking MK....that comes later. I think that one reason is like a bad apple that ruins the whole bunch. I really hope to get him there briefly but if not I will go alone. I just hate that MNSSHP isn't even a consideration...not even on the table!

Last edited by TinksThree; 08-03-2012 at 11:14 AM.
Old 08-03-2012, 12:25 PM   #77
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinksThree View Post
[COLOR="DarkOrange"][B]
I am excited about Pop and AoA since I haven't seen either! Teh only value we have been to is AS Sports and due to cheerleaders that overran the place we didn't enjoy it at all. I have had a poor opinion ever since of the values!
AS Sports is the only value we've ever stayed at as well. Our room was horrible. This was Dec 2010 (for Reid's 1st trip). It put a really sour taste in our mouths for the values. But, I may have us try POP in May when we do a night or two around our cruise. Of course, that may depend on what you have to say about POP. After all, you already helped me switch to BC for 2 nights this fall.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-03-2012, 05:38 PM   #78
TinksThree
DIS Veteran

Quote:
AS Sports is the only value we've ever stayed at as well. Our room was horrible. This was Dec 2010 (for Reid's 1st trip). It put a really sour taste in our mouths for the values. But, I may have us try POP in May when we do a night or two around our cruise. Of course, that may depend on what you have to say about POP. After all, you already helped me switch to BC for 2 nights this fall.
Our room was bad, I had paid extra for a preferred room and sent a request for 3 buildings...got none and then when I asked it was due to booking issues and the high number of cheerleaders. The cheerleaders ran around with no chaperoning, yelling at 1am and wearing little clothing. Thankfully the whole rest of the trip was magical and we were at the resort very little!! I have high hopes for POP though!! And maybe I can convince you to try it (if it is worth it) like I did BC!!
Old 08-03-2012, 08:11 PM   #79
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinksThree View Post
Our room was bad, I had paid extra for a preferred room and sent a request for 3 buildings...got none and then when I asked it was due to booking issues and the high number of cheerleaders. The cheerleaders ran around with no chaperoning, yelling at 1am and wearing little clothing. Thankfully the whole rest of the trip was magical and we were at the resort very little!! I have high hopes for POP though!! And maybe I can convince you to try it (if it is worth it) like I did BC!!
OMG! Your experience at AS Sports sounds so much like ours! Those kids running around that resort were so incredibly loud at unreal hours of the night. I wanted to beat whoever was supposed to be chaperoning them. I was in cheerleading in middle school & high school. We would not have been allowed to run around in the middle of the night like that.

To make matters worse, our room was nasty & pretty much falling apart. And it was for the hearing impaired so it had some unique touches.

I'm really hoping you like POP better. One of my best friends loves POP. That's the only place her family stays. So, I think it will be ok. I just think we'll need to stick to a value when we go around the cruise to help the budget.
Old 08-03-2012, 10:18 PM   #80
OThopeful35
DIS Veteran

Great report! I definitely want to try POP for DS9 surprise birthday trip. He really loves the theming so I think I just may give him his wish to stay there We are going Aug 2013 and again in November for DS birthday, so I am sure DH pockets would very much appreciate us staying at POP!

POR~Aug 2010 (1st visit) POFQ Aug 2011 POP/POFQ Aug 2013
Old 08-04-2012, 07:39 AM   #81
TinksThree
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw

OMG! Your experience at AS Sports sounds so much like ours! Those kids running around that resort were so incredibly loud at unreal hours of the night. I wanted to beat whoever was supposed to be chaperoning them. I was in cheerleading in middle school & high school. We would not have been allowed to run around in the middle of the night like that.

To make matters worse, our room was nasty & pretty much falling apart. And it was for the hearing impaired so it had some unique touches.

I'm really hoping you like POP better. One of my best friends loves POP. That's the only place her family stays. So, I think it will be ok. I just think we'll need to stick to a value when we go around the cruise to help the budget.
Glad to know we weren't "singled" out but sad any of us had to deal with that. I think the running and yelling in the wee morning hours just made it was worse!
Old 08-04-2012, 07:42 AM   #82
TinksThree
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OThopeful35
Great report! I definitely want to try POP for DS9 surprise birthday trip. He really loves the theming so I think I just may give him his wish to stay there We are going Aug 2013 and again in November for DS birthday, so I am sure DH pockets would very much appreciate us staying at POP!
Thank you and glad you're reading along! I hope you can give your DS a trip for his bday! I am excited for mine! I do love the theming at POP!
Old 08-05-2012, 07:53 PM   #83
TinksThree
DIS Veteran

Back to the TR!! Epcot here we come!!!

So when I left off last we were just arriving at Epcot. So here we go into Epcot....

The bag check line was so long!! This seemed to be the case a lot! The longest lines I stood in all week were to get my bag checked! After that little task was over we went to the ticket window to activate our tickets. This took about 10 minutes and soon we were on our way to fun in the sun!!! Let’s do a recap to see how we did!! Up at 6am and by 9:15am we have dressed, eaten breakfast, checked in at POFQ, unloaded our belongings into the room, gone through a long bag check line, activated our 4 day Park Hopper Military tickets and now we are heading to the land to get Soarin’ Fast Passes!! Pretty good I do believe!!

Chris and Madison actually head off to get the FPs while Keith and I go a little more leisurely. Along the way I snap a few pictures….

On our way Keith and I discuss what we can do today. He lets it out that he doesn’t really like the ride that you do picture things at the end….that would be Figment’s Imagination….so that attraction is vetoed! I am so neutral on that one that I will ride if someone wants but it is no shirt off my back if I miss it!

Once we reach The Land we decide to ride Living with the Land. I had discussed the Behind the Seeds tour with Keith but he nixed that idea. I will have to sneak it in since he tends to veto things and then will ask “why have we never done this? “ when we do finally try it….”uhm, because you have said you aren’t interested?!!?” Yes, this happened several times so I am just going to start springing new things on him!!

Living with the Land

A few pictures: For those that go repetitive pictures can be a bore but since I may have people who are planning first time trips I am posting all that I took!

Not a great picture but somehow I thought it was cool...

Dragonfruit:

I told these fish “I may be eating you Tuesday night”…and I just may have!!

Alligators!!

Remember I was saying I had read a book on Disney's Hidden secrets? Well, this is the first notable picture I have. This is probably known by most (or maybe not) but

These four balloons actually show the four seasons-summer, winter, fall and spring. Thus Sunshine Seasons is below the balloons!

Continued in next post....
Old 08-05-2012, 07:55 PM   #84
TinksThree
DIS Veteran

Continued from previous post...

After The Land we make our way to Mission Space so the kids could ride the orange side.

I chose to sit out with Keith.

While we waited in the air conditioned “Control Room” Keith played Words with Friends

and I looked over my Liners app!!

The kids make it back from Mars in one piece (whew!) and then we play a game in the Control Room.

My screen was in a language I did not understand and Madison’s was in Japanese. We couldn’t figure out how to get it to English so needless to say we didn’t think we had done too well. Well someone in our section must have because we won!!

That excursion was over so we went back into the bright sunshine

and I followed my nose to one of my all-time favorite flowers…..the Gardenia!!

So I stopped and smelled the roses...I mean gardenias but no bees!! So where to now?!?!?! Oh yeah! We have Fast Passes and I think they may be ready! And then....the changes begin full force!!!
Old 08-05-2012, 10:08 PM   #85
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

I love all of the Living With the Land photos, in fact I like seeing photos of it better than the actual ride.

You got some beautiful photos, and I can't wait to hear what happened next!
Old 08-06-2012, 01:27 AM   #86
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Sounds like a very good start to the day!

Love the Living with the Land ride, it's just so neat!

UGH - Mission Space. I can ride pretty much anything....except that.

Can't wait to hear about the changes that are about to be made.
Old 08-06-2012, 07:51 AM   #87
lauren_elizabeth
Disney World Lover

Hey Tisa! I'm joining in for this one. We are booked at POFQ for next year, so seeing your pics gets me excited!

So cool that you get to go again in October! Yall are going to love Pop! It's where we always stay (a part of me is even wanting to change from POFQ to Pop again) and it's such a fun, happy place!

Old 08-06-2012, 09:38 AM   #88
TinksThree
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
I love all of the Living With the Land photos, in fact I like seeing photos of it better than the actual ride.

You got some beautiful photos, and I can't wait to hear what happened next!
Thanks! We actually enjoy riding LWTL and sometimes I wonder why because I have a very black thumb and it definitely has little thrills and frills but somehow it is one of those that we just have to do! Glad you enjoyed the pictures and didn't have to ride this time!!

Quote:
Sounds like a very good start to the day!

Love the Living with the Land ride, it's just so neat!

UGH - Mission Space. I can ride pretty much anything....except that.

Can't wait to hear about the changes that are about to be made.
It had been a great start to the day! We do enjoy LWTL and I have gone on MS but the green side. Keith cannot deal with the motion at all so I chose to sit out with him. that ride is one I consider "Been there, Done that, Moving on!"

Oh most of the rest of the day doesn't involve anything from my PTR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren_elizabeth View Post
Hey Tisa! I'm joining in for this one. We are booked at POFQ for next year, so seeing your pics gets me excited!

So cool that you get to go again in October! Yall are going to love Pop! It's where we always stay (a part of me is even wanting to change from POFQ to Pop again) and it's such a fun, happy place!
Hello!!! I am so glad you are joining in!! I have lots and lots of POFQ pictures coming up! I am glad to hear you like POP so much! That makes me feel much more comfortable with the decision! I am definitely seeking fun and happy for the October trip!
Old 08-06-2012, 10:05 AM   #89
burly
DIS Veteran

Jumping in. fun.
Old 08-06-2012, 10:56 AM   #90
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

I can never get enough pictures of Living With The Land nor do I ever tire of seeing them. I just love that attraction for some reason. If you ever do get a chance to "spring" something new on Keith, I'd suggest the Behind the Seeds tour. It's really neat to see things up close and it's not very expensive either.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: