Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2012, 01:55 PM   #286
TinksThree
DIS Veteran

Continued from the previous post....

Right at one hour the buzzer begins buzzing and we head inside. We are seated in the same forest area we always do. Pictures around our table….

Madison and Chris:

I wanted to stay away from this after my experience earlier in the week!!

I always want to eat in the ice cave and never have!

Keith and I although for some reason Keith appears to have the mumps?

So this was with my phone and not great quality but much better with no mumps face!!

And one more of the restaurant:

Service was wonderful!! This was probably one of the best times at T-Rex we have had in terms of service!!

Food? Well everyone but me had a hamburger (sorry the eating had commenced!)

I had a special that included Grilled chicken breasts (wonderful grilled flavor!!), tomatoes, spinach, gnocchi , and mushrooms all topped with crunchy fried onion strings. This dish was so, so good!!! My only complaint was that the onion strings were a little on the salty side. Otherwise it was great!!

I had wanted to try the tomato soup since I had heard good things but alas this opportunity escaped me! Verdict? T-Rex is still a fun restaurant with a great theme. We have gone multiple times and never came out disappointed. It is loud when the meteors fall and the tables are close together. I mention this due to a man next to us got mad at Keith when the flash on his phone went off. Keith immediately apologized but the man was huffy the rest of the time, and he could have been a part of our table he was so close! Keith has decided though that we would probably wait a few trips before returning since the menu is beginning to wane on him. We will return though to any of those that are wondering if it is worth a trip: YES!

After dinner we made our way to the bus for another hour journey home. We walked along the outskirts to avoid the crowds.

Some pictures of Downtown Disney to leave you with!

Next up: Magic Kingdom finally while Keith sleeps and then more changes to our day's plans! MK is the only thing that stays the same!!!
Old 10-10-2012, 02:40 PM   #287
pinkxray
DIS Veteran

I love seeing all of your TL pictures. We have never been there b/c we always go to BB first and somehow run out of time for another waterpark. Last month I took the bus to DTD and it went through TL, even the parking lot was tropical.

Glad to hear you enjoyed the food at T-rex again. That is one of Caitlin's only request so we will be back in Feb. I don't remember the tables being that close together. How annoying that the guy was mad at the flash. It's not like you were taking pictures of him or his food.

I am the same way about waiting to buy souvenirs and never going back to get them. I guess it's just the fact that maybe something better will come along and you will wish you hadn't bought so much to begin with? Remember next time, buy more
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-10-2012, 05:50 PM   #288
saintstickets
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinksThree View Post
Gotta be a diehard USM fan to wear that shirt with the way they've been playing! SMTTT but we're going to have to do something about Keith and that "purple" shirt he has on!

We've never eaten at T-Rex but now I'm going to have to add it to the list. See a pattern developing here?

DL - 1967 | WDW - 1973 (Orlando) | WDW - 1980 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1985 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1997 (Contemporary) | WDW - 2007 (Old Key West)
DVC - May2010 - OKW | Nov-Dec2010 - AKV/BWV | May2012 - BLT/VWL | Sep2012 - Aulani (30th anniversary) | Dec2012 - Aulani (DD honeymoon) | Oct2013 - BCV | Jun2014 - BWV | Oct2014 - DCL/BCV | Aug2015 - DCL Alaska | Dec2015 - BWV

The "Don't mess with the CMs/take less photos TR" Jun14 @ BWV
Oct13-BCV - MNSSHP, F&W, Wild Africa Trek
Sep12-Aulani - Sharks, horses, a submarine scooter, luau & Mickey
May12-BLT/VWL - Don't tell Mickey! It's NOT a bug's life! That's a dolphin's WHAT? Where's the ER? Is that a body? Seaworld, Discovery Cove, IoA, Space Center
Nov/Dec10-AKV/BWV - Backstage Magic Tour; V&A; Lots of pics and video
May10-OKW - DDP cost analysis; Wishes Dessert Party; Fantasmic
Old 10-10-2012, 09:50 PM   #289
amandaw
DIS Veteran

It seems like I always hear good things about TREX. Part of me thinks Reid would like to eat there but I'm afraid the loudness would not sit well with him. I'll have to give it a try when he's just a tad older. It does seem like a fun place for a meal.
Old 10-10-2012, 10:02 PM   #290
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

I love DTD at dusk! Well, I pretty much love all Disney areas at dusk.

Such good boys waiting for the restaurant while sending the girls off to shop!

GGAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!! Giant bee!!!!!

I have yet to eat at T-Rex, but I'm guessing it might end up on my list for next July. Bringing the kiddos along, and I think they'll love it there.

Follow me on Instagram: @keep_calm_love_disney
Follow me on Twitter: @disney_voss
Danielle

In progress TRs:
My Fork and I Are Friends - Nov 14 TR
They Don't Eat Hash Browns in Princessland - May 14 TR
Completed TRs:
Jan 14 TR July.13 Apr. 13
Nov.12 July.12 Jan.12 Nov. '11 July '11 Feb. '11 Nov. 10 and Jan. 11 Oct. '09.
Old 10-11-2012, 05:48 PM   #291
sherylcin
Mouseketeer

Love all the DD pics and especially the sunset ones. I know what you mean about taking the same ones every trip, I try and get new ones but have many of the same ones in my trip albums. It's like good comfort food!! Speaking of food, your dinner at T-Rex looks very good. Have to admit we've only made it there once but did enjoy it a lot. That insect is just very creepy!

I think I enjoy DD almost as much as the parks. We always have a lot of fun in the shops and restaurants although we typically only make it there once or twice while we're there. Can't believe no Ghiradelli's?????
2008 - DVC Members! Animal Kingdom Villas/Boardwalk Villas; 2009 - Offsite at Marriott's Grande Vista; 2010 - Grand Californian Villas in Disneyland; 2011 - BLT and Beach Club; 2012 - Ashton's Surprise 13th BD Trip at POP; 2013-OKW and BC in January then Offsite for Thanksgiving at Sheraton Vistana Villages; 2014 - Offsite at Marriott's Cypress Harbour for quick unplanned surprise trip.
Old 10-12-2012, 07:45 AM   #292
TinksThree
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkxray View Post
I love seeing all of your TL pictures. We have never been there b/c we always go to BB first and somehow run out of time for another waterpark. Last month I took the bus to DTD and it went through TL, even the parking lot was tropical.

Glad to hear you enjoyed the food at T-rex again. That is one of Caitlin's only request so we will be back in Feb. I don't remember the tables being that close together. How annoying that the guy was mad at the flash. It's not like you were taking pictures of him or his food.
I liked the atmosphere at TL. I have always thought the BB concept was pretty cool, but I believe they are too different parks in many ways!

I don't think the tables are uncomfortably close except when you have the awkwardness of someone glaring at you. The family were from Scotland or England (guessing from the accents) and maybe that was a reason for the disapproval of us takings pictures? Or maybe he was just tired after a long day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintstickets View Post
Gotta be a diehard USM fan to wear that shirt with the way they've been playing! SMTTT but we're going to have to do something about Keith and that "purple" shirt he has on!

We've never eaten at T-Rex but now I'm going to have to add it to the list. See a pattern developing here?
I support my alma mater! Of course that picture was taken prior to the colossal collapse of the football season! We just aren't having much luck in sports this fall between the Braves tanking, the Eagles zero wins and the whole disaster in New Orleans. Proud for Brees though!! I keep working on Keith but he has had that purple team ingrained for more years than I have known him!!

I definitely see a pattern forming!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
It seems like I always hear good things about TREX. Part of me thinks Reid would like to eat there but I'm afraid the loudness would not sit well with him. I'll have to give it a try when he's just a tad older. It does seem like a fun place for a meal.
T-Rex is great and Reid will love it!! I would recommend walking in without eating so he can see it and be familiar with the surroundings. There is a little store that people can go into and still get a good view of the restaurant. My nephew is sensitive to loud noises so I understand how that could be an issue! It does get loud during the meteor showers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
I love DTD at dusk! Well, I pretty much love all Disney areas at dusk.

Such good boys waiting for the restaurant while sending the girls off to shop!

GGAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!! Giant bee!!!!!

I have yet to eat at T-Rex, but I'm guessing it might end up on my list for next July. Bringing the kiddos along, and I think they'll love it there.
Dusk at DTD is my favorite too and especially over the water! Keith will happily wait anytime to get out of shopping. I think that could have been considered killing two birds with one stone! I bet the kids would love T-Rex!! And you too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherylcin View Post
Love all the DD pics and especially the sunset ones. I know what you mean about taking the same ones every trip, I try and get new ones but have many of the same ones in my trip albums. It's like good comfort food!! Speaking of food, your dinner at T-Rex looks very good. Have to admit we've only made it there once but did enjoy it a lot. That insect is just very creepy!

I think I enjoy DD almost as much as the parks. We always have a lot of fun in the shops and restaurants although we typically only make it there once or twice while we're there. Can't believe no Ghiradelli's?????
Thank you! It drives Keith crazy that I take so many pictures of the same thing! Usually we only hit DTD about once or twice but this trip found us at DTD a little more. I know...no Ghiradelli's!! It was always so crowded....extremely crowded. this was my first trip to not go there!
Old 10-12-2012, 12:40 PM   #293
solana131
DIS Veteran

Thanks for all those TL pics. I've never been to either waterpark, but it seems like I only ever see BB pics on these TRs. Both look great, but we have fun water parks around here, so when I'm in Disney I just go to the 4 main parks. Someday when I get sick of those parks and we have a couple free days, I am going to try one and some minigolf too!

Feb'12 TR: How do I go back to a world that doesn't have fireworks every night?
July'12 TR: July 2012. Yes it was hot. Yes it was crowded. Yes it was FUN!
August'13 TR: Mom...am I supposed to have shoes on??
Old 10-13-2012, 10:29 PM   #294
TinksThree
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by solana131 View Post
Thanks for all those TL pics. I've never been to either waterpark, but it seems like I only ever see BB pics on these TRs. Both look great, but we have fun water parks around here, so when I'm in Disney I just go to the 4 main parks. Someday when I get sick of those parks and we have a couple free days, I am going to try one and some minigolf too!
I always say that one day I am going to try minigolf too...I have yet to do it! We don't have a lot of waterparks close to us and then the good ones are so few that they are crowded. You would think living in the south we would have a lot more! Because they are always so crowded here we have avoided them entirely but I found the park to not be overcrowded at all. Glad you enjoyed the pictures. It is had to see good pictures of the waterparks which I discovered when Keith and I were looking into the upgrade!
Old 10-14-2012, 07:25 PM   #295
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Great update!! Love all your sunset pictures...so pretty!

Glad you enjoyed T-Rex again. As you know we loved it as well. It's such a fun atmosphere and the food is really yummy!

Old 10-14-2012, 10:24 PM   #296
MelMel11
Mouseketeer

Just found your TR!! We were at Disney the same week as you!! The crowds were bad..
Old 10-18-2012, 08:57 PM   #297
TinksThree
DIS Veteran

Sorry for being MIA! I have been sick...and if I am sick enough to not Dis then I must have been SICK!! This weather craziness warm, cool, hot, cool is driving my sinuses/allergies crazy!!!! I am heading out of town this weekend so I hope to do an update Sunday night.

Oh yeah and I have a little trip next week to a place called WALT DISNEY WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angies1274 View Post
Great update!! Love all your sunset pictures...so pretty!

Glad you enjoyed T-Rex again. As you know we loved it as well. It's such a fun atmosphere and the food is really yummy!
Thank you!! T-Rex realy is just a fun place to be!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelMel11 View Post
Just found your TR!! We were at Disney the same week as you!! The crowds were bad..
I am so glad you found me and are joining in!! So cool you were there the same time! The crowds really were pretty bad!!
Old 10-18-2012, 09:49 PM   #298
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Sorry to hear that you've been sick! Hope you get to feeling better soon!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 10-18-2012, 10:11 PM   #299
sherylcin
Mouseketeer

I thought we had the prize for the place to live that will drive your allergies/sinuses insane!! Seriously, sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well. I bet I know just what will make you all better. About a week from now................
2008 - DVC Members! Animal Kingdom Villas/Boardwalk Villas; 2009 - Offsite at Marriott's Grande Vista; 2010 - Grand Californian Villas in Disneyland; 2011 - BLT and Beach Club; 2012 - Ashton's Surprise 13th BD Trip at POP; 2013-OKW and BC in January then Offsite for Thanksgiving at Sheraton Vistana Villages; 2014 - Offsite at Marriott's Cypress Harbour for quick unplanned surprise trip.
Old 10-18-2012, 10:12 PM   #300
amandaw
DIS Veteran

I really hope you feel better soon!

You'll soon be off to Disney!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: