Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2012, 08:55 PM   #271
pinkxray
DIS Veteran

Your October plans are looking great! Congrats on Ohana, yuuummmmm!

I would love to try Garden Grill, the characters and scenery look so cute. I don't think I see one think on those plates that Caitlin would eat though, so I always end up cancelling.

Geez, you took a lot of pictures! I haven't been on the computer much and have been reading TRs on my phone or kindle but they would both freeze on your report trying to load all your photos
Old 10-07-2012, 07:25 PM   #272
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Trying to play catch up!

Your October plans sound like they're really coming along! You'll be there before you know it! Y'all are going to love Food & Wine Festival! I would love to go back again for it someday!

The dinner at Garden Grill sounds yummy! And I love all of the EPCOT photos!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-08-2012, 08:48 AM   #273
TinksThree
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkxray View Post
Your October plans are looking great! Congrats on Ohana, yuuummmmm!

I would love to try Garden Grill, the characters and scenery look so cute. I don't think I see one think on those plates that Caitlin would eat though, so I always end up cancelling.

Geez, you took a lot of pictures! I haven't been on the computer much and have been reading TRs on my phone or kindle but they would both freeze on your report trying to load all your photos
Thanks! I am getting so excited about the trip! My October is so busy that it will be here before I know it!! GG is so good and the character interaction is great but it is tough when you have someone who won't eat the offerings!

I had a huge post and am a picture nut!! My app on my phone tends to not load all of the pictures so I read the words and weeks later finally get on the computer to respond...but then I am way behind on that part!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
Trying to play catch up!

Your October plans sound like they're really coming along! You'll be there before you know it! Y'all are going to love Food & Wine Festival! I would love to go back again for it someday!

The dinner at Garden Grill sounds yummy! And I love all of the EPCOT photos!
I feel as though I am always playing catch up!! Thanks for the teaser on Food and Wine!! I keep loading apps and found a lot on Pinterest. I have all of this Facebook info plus a spreadsheet with my musts, what to use snack credits on, my back ups and which ones I think I may not want to share with Keith!! You can PM me any tips you garnered last week!! It is kind of cool to have a different type of trip that I don't know things backwards and forwards! I feel like a novice Disney planner again!!

GG is super good and thanks...glad you enjoyed the Epcot pictures! I tend to go overboard at Epcot!!
Old 10-08-2012, 09:32 AM   #274
TinksThree
DIS Veteran

Free Day: July 11, 2012!!! What to do?!

I would first like to thank Christopher Columbus for discovering a 3 day weekend! And it has been a great weekend (at least to this point!)...more on that later! (after my weekend ends!)

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

When Keith suggested the upgrade, we knew we would go to a water park this day but we really werent sure which one. We decided that the bus that arrived first would be the park we went to.

We arrive at the bus stop and waited around 25 minutes before ANY bus comes! Finally one arrives for Typhoon Lagoon!!!! So Typhoon Lagoon it is!

Secretly this was the water park I wanted to go to so I was happy!!!

We arrive and suddenly we are transported to another country! This wasnt the first time that we had felt this way during the past few days either. At one point on Tuesday we decided to time how long before we heard the English language spoken by someone other than our family&.74 minutes! Yea, really! But on this day we thought we had entered the French Riveria...the almost nude portion! So many Speedos and thongs and some people really need a friend to pull them aside and say I dont think this choice is a good idea! Honestly, who thinks having large amounts of belly fat hanging over a Speedo or string bikini is attractive! It made me feel much less self-conscious in my swim attire (although I was much more covered&.MUCH MORE!!!)

So we arrive and decide to seek a spot to lay claim to and avoid one of the six tour groups we had seen (at least we counted six different colored backpacks and funny looking blow up sticky things the leaders carry). We walk along the beach area&

And locate a great spot next to the wave pool!! This was our view:

Keith had a swimsuit malfunction so we headed off to see if we could find a new one with a string to actually hold up his swimwear! We head over to Singapore Sals! Along the way I snap a few pictures since I knew once we hit the water my camera will have to be safely tucked away (except a throw away with few shots on it!)

The lazy river was calling my name! I love floating along a lazy river!!

Even at the water parks Disney leaves no detail unturned!

The ship towers over the park&with storm clouds looming! Another typhoon in the works?

We arrive!

We enter Singapore Sals and while Keith looks for a super cute pair of black swim shorts (with a Mickey on them!) Madison and I wander around. A few pictures I took (this is with my point and shoot and since I rarely use it now, I have forgotten how to get decent pictures!):

A very cute dress I was tempted to get Maddie but chose not to at the time. Like I said before, this was a bad decision because we came home with hardly any souvenirs! I guess my pocketbook appreciated it.

Another adorable shirt!

And I loved the back on this&.

Then I saw these and had to grab one for myself! I chose the black for versatility and I have gotten so many compliments! Best part? It was only $7.99!!!

Heading back to our chairs and the wave pool!!

The lazy river again from the bridge:

v

The kiddie area:

And then we hit this!!! This wave pool is so great!!! We had a blast hitting the waves!

Continued in the next post....

Last edited by TinksThree; 10-08-2012 at 09:38 AM.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:34 AM   #275
TinksThree
DIS Veteran

Continued from the previous post....

Pretty blue skies!!

But soon we were headed to what I really, really wanted to do!!!

The Shark Tank!!!!!!

We join in the 30 minute posted line but if it was really 30 minutes it was a very fast one!! We get our snorkeling gear and move on down the line. We get in our group and they explain how to use the masks plus the ins and outs of swimming such as staying at the surface level.

A few pictures as I swam in the shark infested waters!!!

And Stingrays!!

And other little fishies!!

I loved it although I would have liked to have seen more. Madison hated it and decided she didn’t like snorkeling. Her dislike had more to do with the mask and breathing…she isn’t super coordinated!

They say how cold the water is and although it was cold I was expecting it much colder than I experienced!

We leave the Shark Tank area and decide to find a waterslide! Without much effort we get into line and while we wait I snapped a few pictures of the land of Disney. We stood in line about 30 minutes and tried naming the buildings we were seeing.

After this ride, the clouds are looking very mean and ugly so Keith and I decide to go find our belongings and Madison and Chris head off to ride another waterslide! Just as Keith and I get to our stuff we feel drops. We decide to head for “higher” ground but then the bottom falls out. Thankfully there are tons of palm trees and the act as great umbrellas!! We hover under one (although we decided if lightening starts this isn’t the safest) so we go back to Singapore Sals…along with hundreds of other people!

The park has now temporarily closed all water areas…which in a WATER park pretty much means everything is closed!! Now this is the 21st century and aren’t we all used to finding people with cell phones? Well since we are swimming we now have no way to find Madison and Chris but everyone must have been bee-lining to this store because we were crammed in like sardines and somehow the two kids found us with no problems!!

The rain finally lets up about 15 minutes later but the water areas are still closed so we decide it is time for some grub!! In search of food I take a few pictures of the area:

We head over to Typhoon Tilly’s and line up for fish and chips!

No pictures since the camera was secure from the rain but the food was good...not amazing but very worth while!!

We eat up and about the time we finish the waters are deemed safe for re-entry. I go back and claim a new spot since our old spot is now a sea of 250 hot pink backpacks!

Our new spot has this view:

Then we head to the lazy river!! Floating along enjoying our time….

The temperature had dropped considerably and outside the water it was pretty cool when wet! Drips and falls like this one resulted in tubes being pushed to and fro making someone get drenched!

I really loved the lazy river and Keith and I decided to go another round while Madison and Chris went in search of more thrilling rides. We told them where to meet us if rain was to fall again and then after they left Keith and I discussed where we wanted to head after we made this round in the river. Well, Mr. Gloomy, Gloomy Grey skies decided for us and as thunder rolled we grabbed our belongings and back to Singapore Sals we headed! Another torrential downpour ensued and this time pictures to prove it!

Is that not the funniest thing….people wearing ponchos over their swimsuits!!! Lots of people were commenting so I decided a picture was a must!!!

A couple more pics from our shelter:

At this point it is about 1pm and we decide just to call it a day. We were tired of dodging back and forth and not enjoying our time there. I take that back…we had a wonderful time!! We loved TL!!! But the rain was a definite damper!!

As we exit the park, I grab a few more pictures and soon we are back at the resort.

Once we got to the resort the skies were much happier there and we decide to hang out by the pool before cleaning up and taking a brief nap. We have plans for the night and we decided to get an early start on them!!

Next up: A night on the town...Disney Downtown that is!!
Old 10-08-2012, 10:17 AM   #276
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Yay for the Typhoon Lagoon bus arriving first since you secretly wanted to go there anyway. It sounds and looks like ya'll had a great time despite the rain. We usually hit the water park early and leave by 1:00 or 2:00 since it's so crowded by that time.

Old 10-08-2012, 04:14 PM   #277
saintstickets
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the Typhoon Lagoon info. We have never been to either of the Disney water parks but our new DVC annual passes will include water park entry so we might just have to try one of them. Can't wait to hear more about this trip and REALLY want to hear about F&W!

DL - 1967 | WDW - 1973 (Orlando) | WDW - 1980 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1985 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1997 (Contemporary) | WDW - 2007 (Old Key West)
DVC - May2010 - OKW | Nov-Dec2010 - AKV/BWV | May2012 - BLT/VWL | Sep2012 - Aulani (30th anniversary) | Dec2012 - Aulani (DD honeymoon) | Oct2013 - BCV F&W | Jun2014 - BWV | Oct2014 - DCL/BCV

MNSSHP, F&W, Wild Africa Trek - BCV-Oct13 (TR In Progress)
Sharks, horses, a submarine scooter, luau & Mickey - Aulani-Sep12
Don't tell Mickey! It's NOT a bug's life! That's a dolphin's WHAT? Where's the ER? Is that a body? | BLT/VWL; May2012-Seaworld, Discovery Cove, IoA, Space Center
AKV/BWV; Nov/Dec2010; No Kids; Backstage Magic Tour; V&A; Lots of pics and video
OKW; May2010; DDP cost analysis; Wishes Dessert Party; Fantasmic
Old 10-08-2012, 05:21 PM   #278
reelmom
If I don't get tagged, I am gonna hold my breath until I am blue!
Didn't work. The tag turned blue instead!

I have just found your TR. My DH is wanting to do a relaxing trip next time and I am not sure how to go about it. Going back to read and get some tips. The thought of a relaxing trip gives me hives. I don't know if I can do it.
Old 10-08-2012, 07:01 PM   #279
sherylcin
Mouseketeer

Yay!! I'm so glad I guessed right! I was just hoping to get your take (and great pictures) of TL since we've never been to a water park yet. It looks fantastic. Like lots of fun. I agree with you about the lazy river. It just looks so relaxing (except for the dam of tubes in that one pic) I know you're not saying much but I didn't realize that there were so many (clearing throat) groups there in July. We encounter them in January every year so I can totally relate to your slight comments! Singapore Sals looks like a place I could definitely spend some time (and probably money). Haven't we all done the "I'll come back later for it" song only to never get the souvie. That dress Madison is holding is super cute. Too bad you had such a rainy day although I have to say seeing people walking around a water park with ponchos is pretty funny! Great report! Thanks!
2008 - DVC Members! Animal Kingdom Villas/Boardwalk Villas; 2009 - Offsite at Marriott's Grande Vista; 2010 - Grand Californian Villas in Disneyland; 2011 - BLT and Beach Club; 2012 - Ashton's Surprise 13th BD Trip at POP; 2013-OKW and BC then Offsite for Thanksgiving at Sheraton Vistana Villages
Old 10-08-2012, 09:04 PM   #280
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Typhoon Lagoon, good choice! I love it there, so lush, green, and beautiful.

Europeans are extremely.....open about their swimsuit choices. They're just not as self conscious as we are. It definitely gives you a boost in your own self confidence though.

TL really has the best wavepool in my opinion. Joaquin just adores it. Next July I'm going to buy an actual waterproof digital camera instead of buying the disposable one (that only ended up cracking!).

Ponchos and swimsuits. That's too funny. "Oh my God, I don't want to get my bathing suit wet!"
Old 10-09-2012, 08:46 AM   #281
TinksThree
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Yay for the Typhoon Lagoon bus arriving first since you secretly wanted to go there anyway. It sounds and looks like ya'll had a great time despite the rain. We usually hit the water park early and leave by 1:00 or 2:00 since it's so crowded by that time.
It worked out perfectly! I found the waits to not be bad. Of course Blizzard Beach was havign extra hours that day and I thought maybe that affected it somewhat, but I don't know if water parks are affected much by that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintstickets View Post
Thanks for the Typhoon Lagoon info. We have never been to either of the Disney water parks but our new DVC annual passes will include water park entry so we might just have to try one of them. Can't wait to hear more about this trip and REALLY want to hear about F&W!
Definitely give them a try! I am glad we did! Keith and I usually don't like water parks because of the long lines for a 30 second ride but TL was full of fun things and the theming is so well done. Plus the waits were not bad at all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by reelmom View Post
I have just found your TR. My DH is wanting to do a relaxing trip next time and I am not sure how to go about it. Going back to read and get some tips. The thought of a relaxing trip gives me hives. I don't know if I can do it.
Welcome!!!! I hope I can help with at least a few tips! I will say that for me thinking about doing a relaxing trip gives me hives!! Actually arriving and going with the flow which creates the relaxing trip is almost natural in some ways and I have less hives at that point. The trip Keith and I are doing in a few weeks really is meant for relaxation and I have very little planned. After July's trip and seeing how well things went, I am finding this one easier to "plan". I still have anxious moments though to be sure I am planning things I do not want to miss like the MK Welcome Show that sleeping in can mess up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherylcin View Post
Yay!! I'm so glad I guessed right! I was just hoping to get your take (and great pictures) of TL since we've never been to a water park yet. It looks fantastic. Like lots of fun. I agree with you about the lazy river. It just looks so relaxing (except for the dam of tubes in that one pic) I know you're not saying much but I didn't realize that there were so many (clearing throat) groups there in July. We encounter them in January every year so I can totally relate to your slight comments! Singapore Sals looks like a place I could definitely spend some time (and probably money). Haven't we all done the "I'll come back later for it" song only to never get the souvie. That dress Madison is holding is super cute. Too bad you had such a rainy day although I have to say seeing people walking around a water park with ponchos is pretty funny! Great report! Thanks!
I believe that makes a few times you guessed right!! TL was a lot of fun and we would have gotten the WP& More add-on for October if TL had been open. But since it is closed we chose to save those dollars. By the time we got in the lazy river the clogs of tubes weren't so bad--probably thanks to the rain! The tour groups started becoming very noticeable on Wednesday and really annoying at this point too!! The people in ponchos were just too funny!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
Typhoon Lagoon, good choice! I love it there, so lush, green, and beautiful.

Europeans are extremely.....open about their swimsuit choices. They're just not as self conscious as we are. It definitely gives you a boost in your own self confidence though.

TL really has the best wavepool in my opinion. Joaquin just adores it. Next July I'm going to buy an actual waterproof digital camera instead of buying the disposable one (that only ended up cracking!).

Ponchos and swimsuits. That's too funny. "Oh my God, I don't want to get my bathing suit wet!"
TL was awesome!! I could have spent all day in that wave pool! It was one of the coolest I have been in! The swimsuit choices were especially interesting on some of the "high speed" slides! Chris really wanted to just sit at the pool area on those slides and "people watch"
Old 10-09-2012, 11:10 AM   #282
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Glad you got to go to the water park you were wanting! It looks like a really neat park! And it sounds like y'all were really having a fun day until the rain came in. Hope the rain stayed away that night!
Old 10-09-2012, 11:18 AM   #283
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

All caught up!

Your dinner at the Garden Grill looked really good! We've never eaten there before and I'm not sure why since my boys love Chip and Dale!! We are always on the lookout for them. We'll have to make a point to check it out next trip!

Love all your pictures of Illuminations! I love the WS all lit up at night! It's so beautiful! I know what you mean about waiting until later to get something. I do that all the time!! But, especially on our July trip as I would see something I wanted to get but kept holding off. Ugh!

Yay for Typhoon Lagoon! We love it there! I could really go for that lazy river right about now! Aww...so much fun! Sorry about the rain though. I remember that day very well as we were in Epcot getting drenched. Glad you were able to have fun despite the rain.

Can't wait to read your next update! (since we were in DTD that evening as well.)
Old 10-10-2012, 12:27 PM   #284
TinksThree
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
Glad you got to go to the water park you were wanting! It looks like a really neat park! And it sounds like y'all were really having a fun day until the rain came in. Hope the rain stayed away that night!
It was a really great park. I wish we had a little more time to enjoy it! the rain did put a damper on the day but at least it wasn't too terrible!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angies1274 View Post
All caught up!

Your dinner at the Garden Grill looked really good! We've never eaten there before and I'm not sure why since my boys love Chip and Dale!! We are always on the lookout for them. We'll have to make a point to check it out next trip!

Love all your pictures of Illuminations! I love the WS all lit up at night! It's so beautiful! I know what you mean about waiting until later to get something. I do that all the time!! But, especially on our July trip as I would see something I wanted to get but kept holding off. Ugh!

Yay for Typhoon Lagoon! We love it there! I could really go for that lazy river right about now! Aww...so much fun! Sorry about the rain though. I remember that day very well as we were in Epcot getting drenched. Glad you were able to have fun despite the rain.

Can't wait to read your next update! (since we were in DTD that evening as well.)
GG was very good!! The character interaction was probably the best we have ever had! Glad you enjoyed the Illuminations pictures (and Thank You!!).

I am really wanting to go back to TL and was sad to see it was going to be shut down while we are there in a few weeks! I think we even had dinner at the same place! But I believe we were there later than you guys!
Old 10-10-2012, 12:54 PM   #285
TinksThree
DIS Veteran

A Night on the Town..Downtown Disney that is!!

All cleaned up and ready to hit Downtown Disney we head to the boat dock. The wait for a boat becomes about 15 minutes because many people have decided they to want to enjoy the nightlife of DTD.

As we dock the sun is beginning to prepare to set.

We make way to our dinner destination: T-Rex!

This was one of Keiths main requests. We did not have reservations since we chose to potentially wait rather than be tied to a specific time on a free day. The wait is 1 hour so Keith and Chris sit and Madison and I head off to World of Disney!!

I get these same pictures every single trip:

We get to WOD and Madison makes the purchases she had said she wanted to come back for&did I? No, havent you figured that one out yet!?

Cuteness in the girls section:

The sun is really beginning to call it a day. I am a sucker for sky pictures!!

We head back to T-Rex. Keith and Chris are still waiting.

I sit and snap another picture or two.

Then I walk around for a few more sunset pictures&

Continued in the next post on PAGE 20....

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: