Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Sea World / Discovery Cove
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-18-2012, 04:27 PM   #1
TRAVELQUEEN
Earning My Ears

Calling all past Discovery Cove guests with questions re Cabanas and Hammock

Can someone clear up whether any of the cabanas have hammocks in them?

If not, are there hammocks around the cabanas areas?

I recently saw a You Tube Video (but it appeared to have been from several years old) indicating that each cabana has a hammock--however when I called Discovery Cove to verify they said no but this gal also told me that there are no hammock AT ALL at Discovery Cove which I also do not think is accurate so I do not know what to believe.

If there are hammocks in Discovery Cove did any of you find that they are a hot comodity and needed to be staked out in the early morning hours?

Concerning renting a cabana but DH is really interested in chilling out in a hammock for some time so still do not know if it is worth it.

Would appreciate your responses.
TRAVELQUEEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 12:32 AM   #2
chimo2u
DIS Veteran

Went in 2009 Sept and never saw any hammocks at all. If you want your own private space, I'd suggest renting a cabana. Otherwise, there is no "staking out" spots needed as dc only let's in a certain number of guests a day....it is never crowded like your typical water park, and you'll find lots of room for everyone have fun! It's amazing!

Disney Trips:January 15-23, 2008 - AKL CL Celebrating DH leave from Afghanistan | Sept 1-12, 2009 - Storming the World with Friends, AKL CL Free Dining | August 20-29, 2010 Mom n' Son only trip, First time at Beach Club GV CL/ Universal Studios PBH CL ** POSTPONED ** Mom n' Son Trip is back on FEB 5-10, 2011 BC GV/Club Level with Basic DDP/Universal Studios HRH CL Feb 10/11/12 (DS's surprise** ) Sept 29 -Oct 7 2012 Best Friend Getaway POLY CL/ HRH CL
chimo2u is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-19-2012, 11:19 AM   #3
saintstickets
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAVELQUEEN View Post
Can someone clear up whether any of the cabanas have hammocks in them?

If not, are there hammocks around the cabanas areas?

I recently saw a You Tube Video (but it appeared to have been from several years old) indicating that each cabana has a hammock--however when I called Discovery Cove to verify they said no but this gal also told me that there are no hammock AT ALL at Discovery Cove which I also do not think is accurate so I do not know what to believe.

If there are hammocks in Discovery Cove did any of you find that they are a hot comodity and needed to be staked out in the early morning hours?

Concerning renting a cabana but DH is really interested in chilling out in a hammock for some time so still do not know if it is worth it.

Would appreciate your responses.
We were at DC in May2012 and rented a cabana. There was not a hammock in ours but there are lounge chairs.

If the budget allows for it, rent a cabana. Other than at the restaurant, there is very little shade at DC. The cabana was great to relax in for a while between trips to the lazy river, dolphin swim, aviary, grand reef, etc. If you want to see more pics of DC, go to the TR link below that starts, "Don't tell Mickey..."

DL - 1967 | WDW - 1973 (Orlando) | WDW - 1980 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1985 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1997 (Contemporary) | WDW - 2007 (Old Key West)
DVC - May2010 - OKW | Nov-Dec2010 - AKV/BWV | May2012 - BLT/VWL | Sep2012 - Aulani (30th anniversary) | Dec2012 - Aulani (DD honeymoon) | Oct2013 - BCV | Jun2014 - BWV | Oct2014 - DCL/BCV | Aug2015 - DCL Alaska | Dec2015 - BWV

The "Don't mess with the CMs/take less photos TR" Jun14 @ BWV
Oct13-BCV - MNSSHP, F&W, Wild Africa Trek
Sep12-Aulani - Sharks, horses, a submarine scooter, luau & Mickey
May12-BLT/VWL - Don't tell Mickey! It's NOT a bug's life! That's a dolphin's WHAT? Where's the ER? Is that a body? Seaworld, Discovery Cove, IoA, Space Center
Nov/Dec10-AKV/BWV - Backstage Magic Tour; V&A; Lots of pics and video
May10-OKW - DDP cost analysis; Wishes Dessert Party; Fantasmic
saintstickets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 03:58 PM   #4
brinkley07
Earning My Ears

We were married in DC in 2010, and went back again in 2011. Both times we had a cabana, and there are not any hammocks. I have been multiple times having toured and planning the weddings and have never seen a hammock on the property. I would highly recommend a cabana as it's a great place to cool off and spend some down time. We had a cabana right at the dolphin lagoon both times which was great since we could just hang out and watch the dolphins. Plus it guarantees a shady spot to recover with staff that are eager to grab whatever you may need. It's worth every penny!
brinkley07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 09:50 PM   #5
anonymouscactus
Earning My Ears

No idea about the cabanas, but in 2011 I had laid in a hammock near the Dolphin Lagoon (not part of a cabana, but for anyone there that day), but when I visited a few weeks back it was no longer there. I asked a team member if there were any hammocks, and she told me there were some by the Grand Reef (which I had already visited and didn't go back to after I asked). I never ended up seeing any over there.... but then again I wasn't looking very hard at the time.
anonymouscactus is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: