Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2012, 05:51 AM   #31
Bella the Ball 360
Keyboarding is not my thing excuse typos.
I am going to have to sew "whoopie pie" pockets on the hips of my jeans

The HUGE 53" Teddy Bear that is only 29.99! Got one for my future grandson's baby shower. I am going to have him hold a basket filled with gifts ....yes he is THAT Big! Takes up almost a whole twin bed in my guest room!
Old 07-19-2012, 06:00 AM   #32
GJM
DIS Veteran

Since moving from NJ to SC I purchase a lot more at Costco. I only buy my meat from Costco.

Quote:
$50 for a stainless steel trash can that used regular kitchen trash bags and came with a mini one
I had a stainless steel trash can that broke, got it at Costco about 5 years ago. They didn't have anymore but I kept waiting to see if they would get them in. Everywhere else wanted about $70 or more.

This past Thursday they had a bunch of them $47 with the small can.

I have purchased a living room run, sheets, and I love the bath towels, they are $6.99 and are big & fluffy. They just had a coupon for $2 off and I purchased a bunch of them.

I don't think I have ever purchased food that I didn't like.
Register to remove

Old 07-19-2012, 06:37 AM   #33
mombrontrent
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella the Ball 360 View Post
The HUGE 53" Teddy Bear that is only 29.99! Got one for my future grandson's baby shower. I am going to have him hold a basket filled with gifts ....yes he is THAT Big! Takes up almost a whole twin bed in my guest room!
I have seen that bear at there! I thought to myself "Who their right minds would ever want a stuffed animal that size?"
Old 07-19-2012, 07:48 AM   #34
Pooh_Friend#1
Check out my year round tan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella the Ball 360 View Post
My mom and I bought 2 of those for my niece and nephew! My sister was mad at us because they were so huge and she didn't have anywhere to put two of them!!! We still get a laugh out of that.
Pooh_Friend#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 08:40 AM   #35
Muushka
I usually feel like I just stepped in it
I do love to see a cat while on vacation
Well hot-diggity-dog, another Groupie!

In addition to all the normal deals at Costco, they also give gift cards for DCL cruises.

This coming June, 2013 we will have close to 2K Costco gift cards from a family cruise!!

~Remember 9/11/2012
~The IRS. Today it's 'them', tomorrow it's YOU!
~I would rather be governed by the first 50 names in the Boston telephone book
than by the professors at Harvard. ~William F. Buckley Jr.
Muushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 09:14 AM   #36
robinb
DIS Veteran

I just became a Costco member this year . I now buy Kirkland paper towels, TP, shampoo & marinara spaghetti sauce. I occasionally buy berries and vegetables depending on the price and I found those prices to be better (compared to other stores) in the winter/spring than now. I buy olive oil and coffee there whenever mine runs out. I buy Fage Greek Yogurt each and every trip. I buy shrimp on the weekends when they unbundle specific seafood items and sell them by the pound. I buy organic chicken breasts and freeze the ones I don't use right away in the little individual packages they are already packed in. I buy steaks, but not often. There are only 2 meat eaters in our house and I would rather pay more for fresh steaks than to freeze and thaw half of the steaks at a later time.
Old 07-19-2012, 10:41 AM   #37
Ciao Mickey
Kind of makes you want to run through the house with scissors, doesn't it?!
I'm a blabbermouth and have no self-control

Back in May they had a Heys 3 piece luggage set (Crown V) on line for $159 that I purchased.

It was a spinner and included the 30" 26" and 21."

It was an amazing price for the set.

One thing that drives me nuts about Costco is they can sell a certain product for years and then discontinue it without notice.

I love their Kirkland brand French milled soaps and I just bought their Kirkland Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil which I like because sometimes EVOO can be too strong for my taste.

Not all Costcos carry the same products.

You will find on Black Friday they have excellent deals on TVs. I could kick myself for not buying the Samsung 55" when I could have. They had it for $1,000 cheaper than any other store but I didn't have my SUV and had to go home to change cars. They were all gone by the time I went back.

About the biggest piece of advice I can give--if you see something you want there--buy it. You can always return it and chances are it will not be there when you return.

The chocolate dipped almond covered ice cream bar for $1.50 is delicious.

I love Costco.

Outstanding value and service for your money.
Ciao Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 11:09 AM   #38
mombrontrent
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciao Mickey View Post
Back in May they had a Heys 3 piece luggage set (Crown V) on line for $159 that I purchased.

It was a spinner and included the 30" 26" and 21."

It was an amazing price for the set.

One thing that drives me nuts about Costco is they can sell a certain product for years and then discontinue it without notice.

I love their Kirkland brand French milled soaps and I just bought their Kirkland Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil which I like because sometimes EVOO can be too strong for my taste.

Not all Costcos carry the same products.

You will find on Black Friday they have excellent deals on TVs. I could kick myself for not buying the Samsung 55" when I could have. They had it for $1,000 cheaper than any other store but I didn't have my SUV and had to go home to change cars. They were all gone by the time I went back.

About the biggest piece of advice I can give--if you see something you want there--buy it. You can always return it and chances are it will not be there when you return.

The chocolate dipped almond covered ice cream bar for $1.50 is delicious.

I love Costco.

Outstanding value and service for your money.
I also love the Organic olive oil!

Yes on the red above! Often I will buy something and want another for myself or a gift and go back within a week and it's still gone. This happened when I bought new silverware and I wanted a second set and then just last week when I bought some dessert bowls. I went back to get another set a few days later and they were gone
Old 07-19-2012, 01:47 PM   #39
irishsharon
DIS Veteran

Costco We just bought a blueray player $20 off this month.The $5 chicken we get every week(great for quick dinner and then making chicken salad!)We bought a dyson four years ago and a part broke,we where shocked that they took it back and refunded all our money!!!!!!We bought our master bedroom set there also.As others have said the costumer service is amazing and so I will buy a variety of things and know if I'm not happy they will take it back Also some great deals on toys during the holidays and restaurant certificates( 2-$50 certificates for $80) OK I'm going to stop now because I can go on and onTry the frozen yogurt $1.35 for a big cup
irishsharon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 02:34 PM   #40
Bella the Ball 360
Keyboarding is not my thing excuse typos.
I am going to have to sew "whoopie pie" pockets on the hips of my jeans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooh_Friend#1 View Post
My mom and I bought 2 of those for my niece and nephew! My sister was mad at us because they were so huge and she didn't have anywhere to put two of them!!! We still get a laugh out of that.
EXACTLY! There is more than one way to skin a cat or a child who was torturous as a teenager! It is well worth 29.99 and the laugh will be priceless!
Old 07-19-2012, 03:15 PM   #41
littlezar
DIS Veteran

Regularly buy:
Bottled Water
Kirkland brand detergent
Gum
Mickey shaped chicken nuggets
Rotisserie chicken
Pretzel rolls
Cowboy Caviar
Fresh Fruit, Veggies & Meat

Other stuff we've bought:
DVD's (bought Chip & Dale's Rescue Rangers Volume 1 which has 27 episodes for $10 today)
Video Games
Books
2 Samsung tv's
Ninja Blender (DH's toy...but it makes fantastic frozen daiquiris!)
DH had the lenses replaced in 2 pair of glasses
3 Portable Hard Drives
Digital Camera & Memory Cards
Jeans
Toys (at Christmastime)
Vitamins
Old 07-19-2012, 03:47 PM   #42
GJM
DIS Veteran

Forgot we actually bought our laminate flooring from there. A month later there was a coupon for $8 off per box - I went back and they refunded me the difference.
Old 07-19-2012, 04:46 PM   #43
bedogged
Choose parents that aged well

I forgot to add one perk that I loved. We bought a new car using their car buying program. We looked at a few dealerships to find the car and features we wanted. We negotiated the best price that we could get. We then contacted Costco and they sent us to a local dealer's fleet manager. We told him what we wanted and he called us back and said he could get that for us. The price we were quoted was thousands less than our best deal! The next day we went and picked the car up. It took about a half an hour. It was the most pleasant car buying experience that we have ever had.
bedogged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 08:51 AM   #44
Pumbaa_
Hakuna Matata!
My first attempts at gravy required slicing
It probably got lost in the scrolling

DISboards Moderator

For us it is becoming much more what do i NOT get at Costco.

I think the only thing we go to the grocery store for is Reynolds foil - non-stick
Saran Wrap (brand specific)
odds and ends - fillers basically btw Costco visits

My Costco is about 25 minutes away. If it were closer....oh my

Our last air conditioners, phone/answering machine, TVs, mouse, clothes for hubby, batteries - the list just goes on and on

The Kirkland brand is fantastic. All out ove the counter drugs comes from Costco and usually Kirkland brand

We always start our visit at the food court. Have my 1.50 hot dog and drink (with refill on hte way out the door). Saves me tons of money on impulse buys when not hungry

So worth the membership fee
Old 07-20-2012, 09:03 AM   #45
bettymae1121
sure. fine. whatever.

Their croisant sandwhich tray for parties. OMG they are FANTASTIC!!!! It's now my go-to meal when we host casual parties! I just have them cut them in half rather than thirds (my crowd are big eaters and like larger portions). They are great for all kinds of party foods and drinks since it's all bulk. Good prices on beer, wine, and liquor too!

bettymae1121 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: