Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-06-2012, 05:54 PM   #91
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
That's really nice that you got to spend some time with your boys.

I love the fact that the castle there has a real walk through. Must be soooo cool!

That bacon asparagus looks really yummy!

Sounds like y'all were having a lot of fun!
The bacon wrapped asparagus is very yummy. I love asparagus. They are a super cheap snack too... one time when the kids were younger, we ate so many that we made ourselves sick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
What a fun time to have with your boys, Ann! Well, even though they gave you time ot relax in that living room.

I am sure that walk through exhibit in DL was open when we last visited. I cannot find my photos from that visit, but I am sure we saw that too. How cool would it be if they had something similar in WDW. Well, I guess you will have to come to DLRP with me instead.

Now that asparagus looks sooooooooo disneylicious! I really hope they keep it on the menu until our 2014 visit.

Oh, and I wanted to say that it is pretty unbelievable these are your boys. You look far too young to have grown children like these.
It was pretty warm when we were there so that time out was perfect since it was almost too cold in that building.

The castle walkthough... I think Kira told me that it was there, but was closed during the times we went. I don't' know.. all I do know is that this was our first time doing it.

Somedays I too think "how can these be my kids? I am not old enough to have grown kids like these." Then... I look in the mirror. When Kira was born I was young. I was only 21. However, there was no one who would have thought that I was even that old. I looked 13 to 15.. I had people come to the door insisting to speak to my parents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oboedm View Post
How sweet! An afternoon with your boys! It is sad that you missed out on him being the spy... however, I am sure the boys enjoyed some alone time (even though they had time that morning, LOL)!

Can't wait for the next update!
I think Zach would have liked to ride ST together, but we only had the one fast pass.... but Alex... now he I am sure enjoyed the break from me.
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 05:56 PM   #92
disneydreamingdebby
DVC Member

Ann, you are updating so quickly!!!

I am enjoying your TR of DL. We went once when the girls were 3. We flew to CA for Emma's hemangioma to be removed by John Reinisch (one of my heros ) and the day after surgery, we took them to DL. It before we visited WDW and fell in love!

I'm glad your surprise worked! I know you were super excited!

Great family shot at Goofy's kitchen!! You really had to work hard with the voucher for those pictures!

I'm happy for you that you had some time on your own on some rides and also some time with the boys!

Debby
disneydreamingdebby is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-06-2012, 07:51 PM   #93
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamingdebby View Post
Ann, you are updating so quickly!!!

I am enjoying your TR of DL. We went once when the girls were 3. We flew to CA for Emma's hemangioma to be removed by John Reinisch (one of my heros ) and the day after surgery, we took them to DL. It before we visited WDW and fell in love!

I'm glad your surprise worked! I know you were super excited!

Great family shot at Goofy's kitchen!! You really had to work hard with the voucher for those pictures!

I'm happy for you that you had some time on your own on some rides and also some time with the boys!

Debby
DL is what made us fall in love with Disney. The food at WDW is what has kept us going back to WDW.

Thank you, I like the family shot. Some day I hope..hope hope HOPE to get a grand family shot...one with all my kids and their spouses. I am dreaming though, right? LOL...each trip I figure I am pushing my luck with the disney thing. We will see though... who knows
Old 08-06-2012, 07:53 PM   #94
momabaarjo
You might be a Disney Princess, but I'm a Disney Queen

Love the time you spent with your boys...and that bacon wrapped aspargas, hmmm maybe I wont lose weight at DL!
momabaarjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 07:57 PM   #95
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Life Update - Posted on Both reports

So wish me luck. Today out of the blue, a rep who works for the company I do quit. It just happens to be for the territory that Zach's girl friend lives in. She has been having a rough time at work lately... and when my manager asked me today if I knew anyone in that area.. I didn't hesitate to say I did. Within an hour.. she was hired and I get to train her over the next couple weeks.

So if you could all wish me luck that a. I train her well and b. that her and Zach's relationship doesn't end badly (or at all... I REALLY like this girl)

The two of them did a 5k dirty dash over the weekend. This is a picture of the two of them (and her friend) I had to ask my son. "son, why did you tackle her if you were on the same team?"

She loved the tackle... I am not sure if you can tell by her face. She is such a good match for him. It makes me happy to see them both so happy.

Here is another shot of their "team" Yes, she got my son to wear a shirt that reads "victorious secret" on it.
Old 08-06-2012, 08:02 PM   #96
momabaarjo
You might be a Disney Princess, but I'm a Disney Queen

Crossing my fingers both for a great successful training for her and a great futre with Zach! If she puts up with being tackled in the mud, she is a keeper...let him know that! I would say that is love!
momabaarjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 08:11 PM   #97
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momabaarjo View Post
Love the time you spent with your boys...and that bacon wrapped aspargas, hmmm maybe I wont lose weight at DL!
Yeah, I did actually gain back weight I had lost while in DL. But... those bacon wrapped asparagus, they go along way..easy to be sick if you eat to much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by momabaarjo View Post
Crossing my fingers both for a great successful training for her and a great futre with Zach! If she puts up with being tackled in the mud, she is a keeper...let him know that! I would say that is love!
I think she is a keeper too!!!
Old 08-06-2012, 08:18 PM   #98
KatMark
DIS Veteran

I love that you had an afternoon alone with the boys. Mark would LOVE that bacon-wrapped asparagus.

Best of luck with your training of Zack's girlfriend; and I hope the relationship holds.
Old 08-07-2012, 04:57 AM   #99
DMMarla07860
DIS Veteran

Great trip report so far and hope Zach'a relationship holds up and training goes well
July 14th-18th, 2002- 3 Night Resort and 4 Night Disney Wonder Cruise, April 23rd-30th, 2005- 7 Night Disney Magic Western Cruise, August 19th-26th, 2006- 7 Night Disney Magic Western Double Dip Cruise, September 6th-9th, 2007- 3 Night Disney Wonder Cruise, July 13th- 20th, 2008- Mexican Riviera Disney Magic Cruise, February 21st-28th, 2009- 7 Night Disney Magic Western Cruise, February 28th-March 7th, 2009- 7 Night Disney Magic Eastern Cruise, August 27th-30th, 2009- 3 Night Disney Wonder Cruise, December 10th-13th, 2009- 3 Night Disney Wonder Cruise, March 6th-13th, 2010- 7 Night Disney Magic Western Cruise, February 17th-20th, 2011- 3 Night Disney Dream Cruise, February 20th-24th, 2011- 4 Night Disney Dream Cruise, April 27th-May 3rd, 2011- 6 Night LA to Vancouver Disney Wonder Cruise
February 16th-19th, 2012- 3 Night Disney Dream Cruise, April 21st-28th, 2012- 7 Night Disney Fantasy Eastern Cruise(first one),
June 15th-17th, 2012- 2 Night Disney Magic Cruise(NYC), August 17th- 25th, 2012- 8 Night Disney Magic Cruise(NYC)March 16th-23rd, 2013-7 Night Disney Fantasy Western March 23rd-30th, 2013-Disney Fantasy EasternUpcoming Cruises: November 20th-24th, 2013- Disney Magic
DMMarla07860 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 06:15 AM   #100
MEK
DIS Veteran

Asparagus and bacon = yum! That looks really good.

What a nice afternoon. Cool pictures and Innoventions looks fun. I just learning a little bit more about DL with each post.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 11:51 AM   #101
swwake
RIP our sweet Magic (09/27/10)

Ann, that pic of you with the boys in front of Sleeping Beauty's castle - you look just like Zoe and very close to her age!!

Thanks for the life update. I too hope Zach keeps this one. They are cute together, and we all know that if Mama's happy, everyone is happy.

Visit my travel blog: Oh, the Places We'll Go!
December 2011 PTR September 2010 Trip Report Oasis of the Seas Cruise TR Las Vegas TR
1974, 1983, 1987, 1989 off property * 1988 DL * 1989 Premiere Cruise & Disney * 1997 ASMu * 1998 CBR * 2000 DL * 2008 BC * 2010 AKL CL * 2011 Poly CL * 2013 CBR
swwake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 12:38 PM   #102
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I love that you had an afternoon alone with the boys. Mark would LOVE that bacon-wrapped asparagus.

Best of luck with your training of Zack's girlfriend; and I hope the relationship holds.
One of my favorite things in DLR is that asparagus. They use to be whole stalks though.. I like how they are cut up now. It makes it easier to nibble.

As for Zach and his girlfriend. They started looking at places. Looks like they are moving out! Now even more than ever I hope their relationship holds. Seriously though, she is such a neat girl. I think it will be fun to work with her. And... it is funny cause Zach works with her dad all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMMarla07860 View Post
Great trip report so far and hope Zach'a relationship holds up and training goes well
Thanks! Glad you are enjoying the TR!...and I appreciate the well wishes. Sometimes it is nice to know that others are pulling for ya.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Asparagus and bacon = yum! That looks really good.

What a nice afternoon. Cool pictures and Innoventions looks fun. I just learning a little bit more about DL with each post.
Yum is right. I have to try and make some at home I think. I just have not had the time.

Innoventions is the in the building that use to have DL's version of the carousel of progress. There is/was a turntable around the base of the building. Now, the bottom level is the "dream house" It is a huge house that has all of the rooms (ie. living room to bedroom to kitchen) all "smarted out" It is a nice place to relax in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swwake View Post
Ann, that pic of you with the boys in front of Sleeping Beauty's castle - you look just like Zoe and very close to her age!!

Thanks for the life update. I too hope Zach keeps this one. They are cute together, and we all know that if Mama's happy, everyone is happy.
Zoe resembles me quite a bit. At one time it was hard to tell if a picture of her was one of me at that age or not. She is starting to diverge a bit and look more like her own individual self..which is good. People still often say she is my little clone though. I hope she will end up being a prettier version of me though and not just my "clone". Kinda like Ann 2.0

Thanks for rooting for Zach and Kim too. With them now looking at a place to move to, there is just more reason for them to stay together.
Old 08-07-2012, 12:44 PM   #103
DMMarla07860
DIS Veteran

And in that picture you do look young to have sons that age, but I understand all about that looking young. I don't have kids, but people still think I'm 17 or 18 when I am 24
July 14th-18th, 2002- 3 Night Resort and 4 Night Disney Wonder Cruise, April 23rd-30th, 2005- 7 Night Disney Magic Western Cruise, August 19th-26th, 2006- 7 Night Disney Magic Western Double Dip Cruise, September 6th-9th, 2007- 3 Night Disney Wonder Cruise, July 13th- 20th, 2008- Mexican Riviera Disney Magic Cruise, February 21st-28th, 2009- 7 Night Disney Magic Western Cruise, February 28th-March 7th, 2009- 7 Night Disney Magic Eastern Cruise, August 27th-30th, 2009- 3 Night Disney Wonder Cruise, December 10th-13th, 2009- 3 Night Disney Wonder Cruise, March 6th-13th, 2010- 7 Night Disney Magic Western Cruise, February 17th-20th, 2011- 3 Night Disney Dream Cruise, February 20th-24th, 2011- 4 Night Disney Dream Cruise, April 27th-May 3rd, 2011- 6 Night LA to Vancouver Disney Wonder Cruise
February 16th-19th, 2012- 3 Night Disney Dream Cruise, April 21st-28th, 2012- 7 Night Disney Fantasy Eastern Cruise(first one),
June 15th-17th, 2012- 2 Night Disney Magic Cruise(NYC), August 17th- 25th, 2012- 8 Night Disney Magic Cruise(NYC)March 16th-23rd, 2013-7 Night Disney Fantasy Western March 23rd-30th, 2013-Disney Fantasy EasternUpcoming Cruises: November 20th-24th, 2013- Disney Magic
DMMarla07860 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 04:13 PM   #104
tweeter
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
recipes can be fun to read at least... easy. Sometimes my rambling kinda gets in the way of what I am trying to say... but I write anyway and some people have just grown use to my ramblings. .

Please share a picture of the calendar when you are done! I would love to see it! I need to do one for our fall trip.. I just haven't had the time to even decide on a design.
You're right about recipes, so I'll give a PTR the shot. We'll see how many people I can bore to death. Here's my link in case you're interested:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....8#post45759958

I'm still working on all the pieces to that calendar, and taking pictures along the way. I'll be posting some soon.

That 5K looked juusstt a little muddy. Did the dash stay in the mud, or did they get to run and/or walk on some dry land?
Old 08-09-2012, 03:42 PM   #105
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMMarla07860 View Post
And in that picture you do look young to have sons that age, but I understand all about that looking young. I don't have kids, but people still think I'm 17 or 18 when I am 24
That is how I have always been too. I was even carded at the liquor store just before my last birthday or was it the one before that... yes, I am getting old now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeter View Post
You're right about recipes, so I'll give a PTR the shot. We'll see how many people I can bore to death. Here's my link in case you're interested:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....8#post45759958

I'm still working on all the pieces to that calendar, and taking pictures along the way. I'll be posting some soon.

That 5K looked juusstt a little muddy. Did the dash stay in the mud, or did they get to run and/or walk on some dry land?
I am hopping over there!

I started some calendars too...but ack.. I am behind on everything. I am going to try and get caught up on the threads I am sub'd to today and get some house work done... THEN maybe get the calendars done.

The dash.. I think it was all mud and obstacles. I know they loved it.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: