Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-14-2012, 08:49 AM   #31
RMAMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThroughLookingGlass View Post
[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]COLOR]

Bec and I were so full but Rachel said she could go for another half of cheesburger

Next up: STAR WARS WEEKEND!!!
OMG thats LOL funny!!! Great addition to the trippie, can't wait to read about SWW!

[/url]
Old 08-20-2012, 04:34 PM   #32
ThroughLookingGlass
“Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle.” Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

We woke up once again at 6am and headed to star wars weekend after a quick bagel. I've never actually found any 'cute' Star Wars clothing which I was bummed about, I really do like to dress theme appropriately. I settled on a Doctor Who t-shirt. Close enough?

When we got off the bus they had Star Wars music playing and everyone was in costumes or some kind of Star Wars gear, it was so cool. There were Storm Troopers on the roof of the HS ticket entrance.

They were very entertaining while we waited. And they even let us into the park a half hour early!

HERE IS SOME PERFECT MUSIC TO SET THE STAR WARS MOOD:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjMNNpIksaI

Rachel waddled on over to Toy Story mania and got fast passes for us! And Bec and I went on Star Tours! On the way we found the different scenes they had set up around the park so we stopped for a picture:

I am so happy with the remodel of Star Tours. I really enjoyed that ride before and am a little sad it was time to remodel but it's just so cool now! I'm so glad they stuck with the original movies and not the prequels. 'Phantom Menace' is my generations 'A New Hope' and it'll always have a special place in my heart but it can't compare to how much I love the original trilogy.

Haha! Bec getting ready for the ride.

Bec really loved the remodel too! We were sad Rachel didn't come on but she felt it was a little too rough for her to ride.

After that we told Rachel we'd meet her over at Starring Rolls. We stopped to check out the main stage for a minute,

Boba Fett was quite witty and talking with people, trying to scare them into joining the dark side. I really enjoyed this character interaction!

We found Rachel and I went into Starring Rolls for my favorite thing ever,

A butterfinger cupcake!!! Which Rebecca never had before. I don't think she knew about Starring Rolls? I AM A CUPCAKE FREAK. My parents discovered SR on the disboards, on one of their anniversary or birthday trips (I can't keep track of their trips) they brought back cupcakes for Rachel and I.

On my 2010 trip my brother and I were wandering around by ourselves (he likes to shop and he uses me as an excuse he says he's 'keeping me company' but really he loves the clothes and the home goods) and we shared a chocolate peanut butter one that he was really impressed with.

After that the girls needed a bathroom break and I went on Rockin Rollercoaster!

Rebecca isn't a HUGE fan of rides because they hurt her stomach, I was so happy she went on them with me though! However Rockin Rollercoaster is a LOT for someone who is ride sensitive. I love it but it even hurts my stomach HORRIBLY so I'm glad Bec skipped that one. I think it would have made her sick all day.

I loved it as always. The CM in the recording booth made HILARIOUS and sarcastic comments along with the skit the whole time! Everyone was cracking up and I know the whole script so I repeated it along with more than half of the crowd waiting for the ride, I think there were a lot of disers in there with me

Once I got off I met up with the girls at Toy Story mania.

I caught Bec off guard in Star Tours so I had to make it even with this one of Rachel,

I was by myself so I won! Finally! haha

After that we went into One Man's Dream

It just hits you right in the feels.

Luckily The Great Movie Ride had no wait, it's one of my favorites in all of Disney. We went from there to the 'Darth Mall' but the wait was so long there was no way I was standing there for an hour just to shop, I'd come back later.

We walked through the chaos of Star Tours and saw Queen Amidala and Chewbacca! From there we walked into the Muppets section! I was in the store and found this really cute shirt but there were only two left and neither of them was in my size. Unfortunately it was so crowded and the store was understaffed I couldn't get anyone's attention and ask if they could check the back for more. So I just left, I felt kinda bad for the employees in there it was a big crowd and store to manage for only three people. And I was kinda bummed I didn't get my shirt but it was getting late and I knew the girls were probably as hungry as I was.

After the Muppets I went into Pizza Planet and got a Darth Vader cupcake!

and I was able to buy the R2D2 kids lunchbox by itself. I got a to go box for the cupcake, I figured I'd put it in our mini fridge (which all the rooms have now apparently?!?!?!?!!!!) and save it for later. It was pretty melted by the time we got it back to the hotel haha but it was good AND IT HAD PEANUT BUTTER FROSTING. Chocolate and peanut butter is kind of my favorite...

After getting my cupcake we were very, very tired because of our late night/early morning and we were getting hungry so we decided to try 50's Prime Time since we'd never been and we figured it might be fun.

On our way over I saw a little pop up tent and a guy with dark hair and I knew it had to be Ray Park (Darth Maul) so I ran over there and stood in front of him like a complete creeper and waved a little while I took some pictures.

Here's a collage I made to sum up my day so far for facebook.

Prime Time was pretty crowded so we decided to skip it. The decor in the waiting area was cool though. I've never been in there.

Heading back to pop for lunch and a swim seemed like a great idea so that's what we did.

Next up: Trivia, Magic Kingdom, and Pirates with special guests!

Last edited by ThroughLookingGlass; 08-20-2012 at 04:46 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-20-2012, 05:00 PM   #33
ThroughLookingGlass
“Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle.” Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orreed View Post
I love your trip report so far!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiesalad View Post
Just had to say best title! Count me in!
Now going back to read it all
Thanks for joining!
Old 08-22-2012, 12:47 PM   #34
ThroughLookingGlass

Is everyone still there?
I'll continue with the next part soon anyways
Old 08-22-2012, 07:06 PM   #35
Mousemom234
Mouseketeer

Still here, and enjoying every word of it.

Me -----------DH --------- & ------
1987 Disney Inn... 1989 Poly... 1991 Port Orleans...
...Offsite x5... CBR... Disney Institute... CSR... OKW... POP... CBR...
2009 CSR... August 2012 ASMu.... Next: unknown

2003-5 WDW Great Races
Old 09-25-2012, 06:27 PM   #36
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Who's the hot blonde?

And isn't there more? I Want to know what happened next!!

(BTW... sounds like we have to introduce you to something else wonderful at the Studios in a couple weeks... )
Old 09-30-2012, 11:56 AM   #37
ThroughLookingGlass

Sorry it's been so long since an update! I realized that I never put up a picture of Rachel's baby who was born in July. This is Gus

I've been working SOOOO much which is why there has been a lack of update! I am determined to finish before I leave for Disney on Saturday though!

When we got back to the Hotel from Star Wars weekend, we decided to eat and then swim. Just as we finished lunch they started Disney trivia by the pool : We won of course! Rachel and Rebecca let me pick a prize so I got this really cute tye dye drawstring bag. Good souvenir since we were in the 70's building. They kept going with the trivia but we decided to sit it out since it was all easy and someone else deserved a chance to win.

After that it was Magic Kingdom time. FINALLY. I texted my disboard friend Zach, (who's no longer active on here) that I've tried to meet up with a million times before but we were never in the same park the same day, turns out he was headed to MK as well! We were going to meet up at Pirates once he and his friend Richard found a parking space. Our other Disney obsessed friend Evan was there too but he was on a date so we decided maybe we'll hangout with him on another trip.

First thing we did was go to the tiki room. I loved it, I don't remember going in there when I was younger but I was always obsessed with the song. The tiki room was very Walt-ish. Simple but really impressive.

I watched the pirates tutorial while I waited for my friends. Once we got there I texted Rachel letting her know I was going on the ride.

The line was a half hour due to technical difficulties and they had to stop the ride for a bit. Richard actually happened to be almost as obsessed with pirates as my sister and had a few pirate themed tattoos. Zach and I made fun of the people who believed all the weird rumors about the Pirates ride. They both live about two hours from Disney so they were actually recognized by cast members operating the ride

When we got off I realized my phone had failed to send Rachel the message which means she had no idea where I was So I said bye to the boys and they headed off to see characters while I found the girls.

I was going to ride Pirates with Rebecca again but they had shut down the ride this time for a few hours.

We went over to Fantasyland and waited TWO HOURS FOR POOH. I was not the happiest but Rachel really loves those rides and they were the few she could actually go on.

Then we said goodbye to Snow White,

Went on Small World and then HAUNTED MANSION! Which really perked me up. It is my absolute favorite. I could go on it ten times in a row. When we walked out of HM there was a rainbow!

Rachel wanted to go to Columbia Harbour House for dinner. I was really tired, like I could have fallen asleep in that restaurant tired and the server at the front mistook my being sleepy for being sad and got all worried about me. It was really sweet but in effort to 'cheer me up' she had the whole staff sing Happy Birthday which was nice but I was SO EMBARRASSED haha.

The girls totally missed it, I think they were upstairs already eating? I joined them and we all decided to call it a day and just shop our way down main street before going back to the hotel to sleep.

Course we got a picture of Gus the mouse!

We were asleep maybe an hour after we got back to the hotel.
We were kind of lame this day, it was easy going.

Old 10-03-2012, 09:19 AM   #38
ThroughLookingGlass

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTooTall View Post
Who's the hot blonde?

And isn't there more? I Want to know what happened next!!

(BTW... sounds like we have to introduce you to something else wonderful at the Studios in a couple weeks... )
Ooooh, okay I'll remind you when we get there.
Old 10-03-2012, 09:24 AM   #39
ThroughLookingGlass

Okay well this is the last day,

We got to sleep till 7am! Woo hoo! We went to AK after a quick breakfast at pop which wasn't all that impressive. Kids breakfast platter, blah.

I went on Everest and the girls waited for me. After that Bec and I hit the safari and Rachel shopped.

I got some great pictures on there but really missed Wilson

We felt we had hit the hotspots in AK after shopping, and it was unusually crowded so we went back to the hotel.

Rachel tricked Bec and I, she got ready to go swimming but then as we were walking out the door she climbed into bed and told us she'd meet up. So it was just Rebecca and I having a snack around the pool.

Rachel eventually joined us for a little swim and then it was Epcot time!

It was the last weekend of Flower and Garden, I found out the festival is as old as I am since it opened the year I was born I though that was really cool since it was my birthday trip and everything.

I LOVED THE FAIRIES!!!

And from there we wandered around the world showcase. Snacked a bit in Norway and Germany.

Rebecca and I found some really cool things in Japan, I got a bunny plate and bought Rebecca an owl one. I also found some Hello Kitty Marshmallow candy that we all enjoyed. I love the stuff in the Japan shop it's a lot of fun in there.

After that we went to see the show in the American pavilion, which I like to call

"FRICK YEAH 'MERICA!"

but it wasn't playing at a convenient time so we moved on.

We spent about twenty minutes taking pictures for some people who Bec had posing all kinds of dramatic ways. I wish I had a video of it! So funny.

We had a crepe at France and ran into some OBNOXIOUS drunk people who honestly should have been kicked out of the park. It was like 4:00 and they were just...gone.... Not to mention rude and harassing myself and the girls. Completely uncalled for and not okay. Don't know why I didn't tell a cast member to be honest.

We shopped for a few more hours and then like a couple of newbies we begged for seating. I was dying to eat at Le Cellier! JUST GIVE ME THE CHEDDAR CHEESE SOUP! But no it would be "aboot an hour before we might have an opening, but probably not."

Bummer.
SO we sat on the curb in England like a couple of peasants before I was like "HEY WHY DON'T WE GO TO THE TIANA HOTEL?" so off we went to Port Orleans French Quarter to get gumbo, beignets, and BBQ.

We found an abandoned wheel chair which I jokingly told Rachel to sit in but she just plopped in right away.

She was super tired.

The hotel was so pretty. I thought I had more pictures but this is all I can find,

The food court was mardi gras themed, huge masks and beads hanging from the ceiling. And the pool looked like a lot of fun. The food was SO good. We were all stuffed when we left.

HS was the closest park so we decided to go there and then get on a bus to POP. We made a MILLION stops before actually being on our way to HS because POR is such a big place. There was no one waiting though so we were the only people on the bus the entire time. I WAS going to meet up with one of my best friends who was vacationing with her family but her parents weren't letting her get out of family time :[ so I just told her I'd see her at home and then walked around the Darth Mall since there was no line. Bought a lovely Padme shirt before I left.

When I got back we all started packing up our stuff. We of course watched some Phineas and Ferb and then went to sleep. We had to be up for at 3am for a 8am flight back home that was not very magical.

It was such a good mini vacation, I'm so excited to go back in two days!!!

Thanks for reading my trip report! Hope you enjoyed it, so excited to start my next one!

Last edited by ThroughLookingGlass; 10-03-2012 at 09:37 AM.
Old 10-03-2012, 09:44 AM   #40
ThroughLookingGlass

OOPS! Can't forget this gem,

Old 10-03-2012, 11:21 AM   #41
DCTooTall

Quote:
OOPS! Can't forget this gem,

Old 10-03-2012, 11:41 AM   #42
littleaussie
I tell people my daughters are 75% American and 25% Australian

Great TR! I went to HP for the first time in January. Meant to take my niece17 when we went to Florida a few weeks ago but our trip was one of cancellations, rearrangements and unexpected surprises! Maybe I will have to take her for a graduation present.

Love all the pics . We didn't take nearly as many as I wanted to this time around. There's always the next trip though, right?
January 2012 - Celebrating engagement with a Disney trip with a stay at WH
January 2011 - WH trip that will not be repeated!
December 2009 - Oak Plantation stay with Disney visit disaster
May 2008 - Traveling the WB Repo 2008 with an ex. . .
January 2006 - WDW at Oak Plantation+ Disney Cruise to the Bahamas
2003 and earlier - Numerous family trips too many to count!
Old 10-04-2012, 12:47 AM   #43
ThroughLookingGlass

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleaussie View Post
Great TR! I went to HP for the first time in January. Meant to take my niece17 when we went to Florida a few weeks ago but our trip was one of cancellations, rearrangements and unexpected surprises! Maybe I will have to take her for a graduation present.

Love all the pics . We didn't take nearly as many as I wanted to this time around. There's always the next trip though, right?
MAYBE A SURPRISE TRIP HMM?!

I feel like this TR didn't have enough pics!!! I usually go way overboard though.
Old 10-04-2012, 04:06 PM   #44
DCTooTall

Quote:
MAYBE A SURPRISE TRIP HMM?!

I feel like this TR didn't have enough pics!!! I usually go way overboard though.
Sounds like you need to make it up to everyone on the next one.
Old 10-05-2012, 08:40 AM   #45
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran

Loving the report! Cant wait to read more! OMG I want to go see HP!!!
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: