Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-17-2012, 12:45 PM   #1
janeg0812
Janie G.

Can you add an extra night to an existing reservation?

Just wondering if anyone has added an extra night to their existing reservation? We are staying at the Grand Floridian this December and I would like to do that. I did talk to a representative last night to find out the cost and ask a few questions, but she must of been new and just couldn't give me any information. I asked her if we do add the extra night, would we have to change rooms or could we stay in the one we were already in. She said that there wasn't a guarantee on staying in the same room. It kind of defeats the purpose of staying the extra day, just to have to pack things up and take the time to move to another room. Anyway, hope someone can let me know if they have done this before. Thanks, Jane
Old 07-17-2012, 12:50 PM   #2
cwt580
DIS Veteran

im pretty sure if you add it to your existing you will keep your room. if its 2 seperate reservations then no guarentee.

cwt580 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-17-2012, 01:05 PM   #3
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

Is your existing reservation using a discount offer that has now expired? That may be the problem.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 01:11 PM   #4
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

You shouldn't have to move rooms unless it is two separate reservations. Call back and ask someone else. The extra day does have to be available at that resort.
Old 07-17-2012, 03:22 PM   #5
figment_jii
DIS Veteran

As the PPs have said, you can add a night to your existing reservation. I've done this in the past.

The only caveat is that if your category of room isn't available that night, then you cannot add it. For example, I had a reservation at the Beach Club Villa, but when I wanted to add two nights to it, there were no more rooms of the same size available. I had to transfer the reservation to a different resort.
figment_jii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 05:03 PM   #6
deakam
DIS Veteran

I just recently (before the announced additional days of FD) added a day at the beginning of my reservation. I was a little concerned because I did not want to lose my free dining. Even though the free dining offer had expired they had no problem adding the day with free dining.

We did this because the plane fare on Friday was $200.00 per person less than on Saturday. With 3 of us going it was about a $400.00 savings by adding an extra night, plus we get an extra day of dining. Because we are not arriving until later in the evening we did not change our tickets.
deakam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 06:43 PM   #7
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

As others have said, if you add to your existing reservation, it will still be one reservation and you wouldn't have to change rooms. But if you make a separate reservation for that one night, there is a chance you will have to move. I would call back and speak to someone else as there shouldn't be a problem unless you're trying to add under a discount. If you have a discount, there would have to be availability under that promo in order for you to add on to what you already have booked.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 11:42 AM   #8
janeg0812
Janie G.

Thanks for all your input. I plan on calling them back tonight.

Jane

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: