Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-17-2012, 11:50 AM   #1
*NikkiBell*
The WDW Merchandise Walking Bible

DISboards Moderator

Happy Birthday, Disneyland!!

"To all who come to this happy place: Welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here, age relives fond memories of the past…. And here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America..... With the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world." - Walt Disney - July 17, 1955

What's your favorite memory of Disneyland?

disboards.com/blog.wdwinfo.com
Follow Me on Twitter

2011 - GC, Swan 2010 - AKLV
2009 - AKLV, DxDP/OKW, DDP 2008 - SSR, PFTS, MNSSHP/AKLV, 1st DVC Trip, DxDP 2007 - PC, MNSSHP 2006-7 - POFQ, Premium DP 2006 - PC 2005 - POFQ, Premium DP 2004 - PC, Silver Plan 1998 - ASMu 1997-94 - Off-Site
*NikkiBell* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 12:04 PM   #2
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

So far I don't have a favorite memory of DisneyLand - I expect to be making one in just a few days though.

Val & I have enjoyed touring DL 3 times so far. I was very impressed with the CM's there. Had a great chance to talk to one of the shopkeepers in the New Orleans Square section who have a lot of DisneyLand history to relate. She had been a guest services tour guide in her past and knew so many details about the whole New Orleans Square section it was amazing.

Personally, as somebody of a certain age, I recall watching Uncle Walt on TV every Sunday showing us what DL would be and then all the segments about how it was all done. I was very young then, but all my friends would comment about how our parents were going to take us to DL for vacation "next summer". However the realities of growing up in a blue-collar mill town in New England and before competitive air fares meant that it just wasn't in the cards for us. It was many, many more years (and a bunch of WDW trips) before I finally got to DL.

Wasn't disappointed at all.
Old 07-17-2012, 12:50 PM   #3
jcb
always emerging from hibernation

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKW Lover View Post
So far I don't have a favorite memory of DisneyLand - I expect to be making one in just a few days though.

I was very young then . . .
I'm jealous. Have fun. And just to clarify, you are still "young", though perhaps the preceding adverb is a bit dated.
Old 07-18-2012, 01:17 PM   #4
JHeartsDisney
Earning My Ears

H@pPy Birthday Disneyland!

I've never been to Disneyland but hope to get there soon!!! I'm sure there was a wonderful celebration at one of the happiest places on earth!
JHeartsDisney is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
disneyland

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: