Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2013, 04:21 PM   #76
kaligal
DIS Veteran

I didn't see any of that. I do think that the guys who play Jesse, Walt and Hank are all excellent actors and deserve any awards they win.

I liked Jesse's dead girlfriend a lot (Jane? The one Walt watched while she died) and I enjoy Marie.

I never noticed a lot of the purple, much less what happened after Marie wore different colors. Maybe I should pay more attention! I don't get the symbolism of the purple. The only things I associate it with are royalty and religion.

Cannot wait for the end, but otoh, it will be over, so I guess I can. So torn.
Fantasmic sucks.
kaligal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:43 PM   #77
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaligal View Post
I didn't see any of that. I do think that the guys who play Jesse, Walt and Hank are all excellent actors and deserve any awards they win.

I liked Jesse's dead girlfriend a lot (Jane? The one Walt watched while she died) and I enjoy Marie.

I never noticed a lot of the purple, much less what happened after Marie wore different colors. Maybe I should pay more attention! I don't get the symbolism of the purple. The only things I associate it with are royalty and religion.

Cannot wait for the end, but otoh, it will be over, so I guess I can. So torn.
I don't think it's just the purple that is supposed to be meaningful. As I was mentioning in one of my previous posts, I'm wondering about the whole 'color theme' happening. Jesse Pinkman. Walter White. The pink one-eyed teddy bear. And Marie's purple fixation. Maybe Skylar is supposed to represent blue (as in sky blue)? In the Quentin Tarantino film, "Reservoir Dogs," several of the characters (the bad guys) had names like "Mr. Pink," "Mr. White," "Mr. Black," etc. There were other color names in that film that I am forgetting.

So I wonder if Vince Gilligan is actually weaving the color theme into the story subtly, with the intention of revealing what the colors symbolize at the end of the show, or if he is just kind of throwing in things to throw us off track. He also might be deliberately borrowing from "Reservoir Dogs," since he has also referenced "Scarface" (Walt and Walt Jr. were watching it) and referenced one or two other movies along the way too (Mike was watching one of the movies before the cops showed up at his home at one point, not long before he and Walt had their final showdown).

Jesse can't find out about Walt watching Jane choke to death unless Walt accidentally spills the beans in passing to him or unless Walt deliberately tells him, for whatever reason. I don't think that any witnesses would suddenly come forward. So I am wondering how Jesse will find out - if Walt tells him purposely, what will prompt him to do that?

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-30-2013, 07:13 PM   #78
Sherry E

DISboards Moderator

Princess Dolly -

Did you happen to see the photo that Dean Norris tweeted out (I think it was just in the last several days or so) of himself with Bryan Cranston and Jane Kaczmarek on the set of "Breaking Bad"?

The funny thing is that I only happened to see that photo because I went to a totally different, non-"Breaking Bad" site and someone on that site started a thread claiming that Jane Kaczmarek (Bryan Cranston's wife on "Malcolm in the Middle" years ago, for anyone who doesn't know who she is) was going to guest star on BB, based on that photo with Dean and Bryan. That, of course, started a wave of people grumbling about how the end of the series is going to be bad because of this nod to "Malcolm", and then others were saying that she may not even actually be guest starring. She could have just been visiting her old friend Bryan on the set...(OR maybe Vince Gilligan is working her into a small, clever cameo appearance of some kind - I could see that happening?)

In any case, in the photo of Jane, Dean and Bryan it appears that Bryan has a freshly banged up cheek and/or left eye, as though he had been punched on his left side. So I am assuming that this means that Walter gets clobbered by someone in one of the episodes that has been filmed so far...possibly clobbered by Hank, possibly by Jesse, possibly by Todd or Todd's "uncle".... who knows? Maybe Skylar clobbers him?

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Old 01-30-2013, 07:55 PM   #79
jgh
Peter Pan!

I really loved the first few seasons of this show that are on Netflix. I tried to watch Season 5 on AMC, and I just fell out of the show...boo!

Has the series ended or will it continue with a Season 6? With the exception of the Walking Dead, it's hard for me to keep attention with a show on a week-to-week basis, I like watching them all back to back...so I might have to try to do that with Season 5.

jgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:15 PM   #80
Princess Dolly
Unfortunately it encroached the danger zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E View Post
Princess Dolly -

Did you happen to see the photo that Dean Norris tweeted out (I think it was just in the last several days or so) of himself with Bryan Cranston and Jane Kaczmarek on the set of "Breaking Bad"?

The funny thing is that I only happened to see that photo because I went to a totally different, non-"Breaking Bad" site and someone on that site started a thread claiming that Jane Kaczmarek (Bryan Cranston's wife on "Malcolm in the Middle" years ago, for anyone who doesn't know who she is) was going to guest star on BB, based on that photo with Dean and Bryan. That, of course, started a wave of people grumbling about how the end of the series is going to be bad because of this nod to "Malcolm", and then others were saying that she may not even actually be guest starring. She could have just been visiting her old friend Bryan on the set...(OR maybe Vince Gilligan is working her into a small, clever cameo appearance of some kind - I could see that happening?)

In any case, in the photo of Jane, Dean and Bryan it appears that Bryan has a freshly banged up cheek and/or left eye, as though he had been punched on his left side. So I am assuming that this means that Walter gets clobbered by someone in one of the episodes that has been filmed so far...possibly clobbered by Hank, possibly by Jesse, possibly by Todd or Todd's "uncle".... who knows? Maybe Skylar clobbers him?
Hankum in the middle. I doubt she is going to be on BrBa ( that's just not something they have done). I bet she was just visiting the set.

Bryan looks to have a "shiner".
Princess Dolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:20 PM   #81
Sherry E

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgh View Post
I really loved the first few seasons of this show that are on Netflix. I tried to watch Season 5 on AMC, and I just fell out of the show...boo!

Has the series ended or will it continue with a Season 6? With the exception of the Walking Dead, it's hard for me to keep attention with a show on a week-to-week basis, I like watching them all back to back...so I might have to try to do that with Season 5.
jgh -

There are 8 more new episodes coming, but they do not begin until July (they are being filmed now). Technically those final 8 episodes are supposed to be part of Season 5, which began in July of last year. But because they are spaced so far apart it seems like two separate seasons to most people!

I don't think many people are happy with the way the final "Breaking Bad" season is being broken up. At least in the case of "Walking Dead," they split the season up with only a 2-3 month break before finishing it off in Spring. They don't split one season and put 10 months in between new episodes. That's just crazy! The "Breaking Bad" folks should just call it Season 6 that's coming in July!

I think that a lot of folks feel that the first 8 shows of Season 5 of "Breaking Bad" last year were not that strong. I would say that the last few shows out of the 8 were stronger, with the last one (it aired in early September) being the darkest and strongest one of the bunch. The last one really kind of showed the depths to which Walter White has sunk to save his behind.

Anna Gunn (who plays Skylar) said a few nights ago that these final 8 shows coming soon are "brutal" and "apocalyptic," and that they are "not holding back." So I would say, since there are only 8 shows left and then the series is ending in September, hang in there and try to watch!

Old 01-30-2013, 08:33 PM   #82
Sherry E

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Dolly View Post
Hankum in the middle. I doubt she is going to be on BrBa ( that's just not something they have done). I bet she was just visiting the set.

Bryan looks to have a "shiner".
If Jane Kaczmarek does appear on the show, I think it would be a tiny cameo of some kind. Just kind of a 'wink wink' type of thing for the viewers. I don't think she'd be on longer than a few seconds. However, I'm inclined to think that Jane K. would not be appearing in any capacity, only to then have her cover blown by Dean Norris' tweet that showed her on the set. Vince Gilligan is, after all, trying very hard to keep all of the developments in the final 8 episodes under wraps. So I agree - I think it's probably just an on-set visit to watch them film.

Bryan definitely has a shiner (or a fake shiner) - I just wonder who it is that delivers it to him! The first choice would be Jesse, but it could be Hank. And Todd's uncle could decide that Walter owes him more money, owes Todd money or that Walt needs to let Todd take charge of the business or something, and then beats him up!

Old 01-30-2013, 09:01 PM   #83
zippingalong
Mouseketeer

Can I just say that the Walter, Skylar, Jesse dinner scene was one of my favorite scenes on any show. Ever.
zippingalong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:00 PM   #84
Kristina
DIS Veteran

I haven't seen even one episode but after hearing a few people say it was their favorite I just bought season one on DVD so I'm excited! I love finding an excellent show a few seasons in and then watching a few at a time! My favorite show is Lost and I found that during season 4 !

Kristina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 06:54 AM   #85
Heluvsme
DIS Veteran

Kristina, you'll want to go ahead and get all the other seasons too, because once you start, you will NOT WANT TO QUIT WATCHING!!!

Can July be any further off?? Sheesh!!!!

Old 01-31-2013, 08:06 AM   #86
Gorechick
DIS Veteran

Can someone give me a spoiler? I haven't watched in awhile and not sure if I'll get to see more but does Hank know by now?
DTD-Courtyard by Marriott August 1997
Wilderness Lodge Honeymoon August 2002
Port Orleans- French Quarter Anniversary (AND Hurricane Charley) August 2004
Port Orleans- Riverside Royal Room- 10th Anniversary and First Trip with Twins August 2012
DS's WISH trip - Hopefully Aulani Resort! Summer 2015

Me (44) DH (40) DS (9) DD (9)

Waiting impatiently for our next family WDW trip!
Gorechick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:20 AM   #87
Sherry E

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristina View Post
I haven't seen even one episode but after hearing a few people say it was their favorite I just bought season one on DVD so I'm excited! I love finding an excellent show a few seasons in and then watching a few at a time! My favorite show is Lost and I found that during season 4 !
Hi, Kristina!

When I saw your name in this thread I instantly remembered you - you posted a bit in my Halloween Time at DLR Superthread a couple of years back, when you were planning your trip! I'm glad to see one of my Disneyland forum peeps over here!

Keep in mind - people seem to be mixed on Season 1 of "Breaking Bad." There are some who thought it was great. Others thought it was much weaker than the following seasons. I didn't particularly care for the very first episode of season 1, for some reason. I almost felt like it was making the show seem more comedic than it actually is. The other episodes were okay. But...you need to get through season 1 because it lays the groundwork for the seasons that follow.

I think that the show got progressively better with seasons 2, 3 and 4. I haven't fully made up my mind about season 5 yet because we are apparently still in the middle of season 5, waiting for the second half of it to air this summer. But there are certain episodes in seasons 1-5 that pop up here and there and just take you by surprise because of certain shocking scenes or whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorechick View Post
Can someone give me a spoiler? I haven't watched in awhile and not sure if I'll get to see more but does Hank know by now?
Gorechick -

I think he does. We should find out for sure when the first of the final 8 episodes airs in July.

Old 01-31-2013, 12:04 PM   #88
Princess Dolly
Unfortunately it encroached the danger zone

I think Hank knew/suspected all along but just had it confirmed.
Princess Dolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 12:30 PM   #89
7165red
DIS Veteran

I really love the show and hate to see it come to a end. I was happy that BC won a SAG award.
7165red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:16 PM   #90
Sherry E

DISboards Moderator

For anyone who has not yet seen the first 8 episodes of season 5 of "Breaking Bad" (which ran from July to early September last year), or if you want to watch them all over again...I just happened to notice today that episode #1 of those 8 - entitled "Live Free or Die" - is set to air on AMC on Monday, February 11th, in the early morning hours. I'm in the PST time zone, so it will be on at 5 a.m. here. Check your listings.

I am guessing that this means all 8 episodes are going to run - but I cannot yet tell if a different episode is going to run every day for 8 days straight, or if AMC is going to run one episode per week, for 8 weeks.

What I am also assuming is that AMC is going to do what they did last year, which is to eventually rerun the complete series in its entirety, from beginning to end (maybe even a couple of times over), before the final 8 new episodes start in July.

That's how I got into "Breaking Bad" last year. Sometime last spring I saw that all of these episodes from each season were running on AMC every night (rather, overnight) - sometimes 3 or 4 of them at a time, back to back - in order, and I thought, "Maybe I'll start watching this." I think they may have actually run 2 full cycles of the entire series before July rolled around because I watched most of the episodes at least 2 times (some of them I watched more than that), and I think I started watching in maybe March or April of 2012.

Eventually those first 8 shows of season 5 should show up on On Demand as well.

So stay tuned to your AMC listings and your On Demand listings, and set your DVR for February 11th if you haven't already watched "Live Free or Die."

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: