Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-07-2012, 10:37 AM   #31
dvcblt93
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4stroke View Post
With the new policy, yes you can visit the TOTWL as long as you are staying on points at a DVC Resort at WDW.
Actually you just need to be a DVC member staying anywhere in a Disney owned resort, even on cash.
dvcblt93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 05:00 PM   #32
MrSanderz27
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4stroke

Hi MrSanderz!

With the new policy, yes you can visit the TOTWL as long as you are staying on points at a DVC Resort at WDW. you'll need to show your DVC Member Card and your room key to go up. This may change in the new year, as the other posters have alluded to.

In my opinion, it's a good change: if the lounge stays busy, it stays open. If not, we all lose out.

Good luck on your DVC purchase.....you'll never look back!

Cheers,
4S
Thanks!!

So it seems like the policy on TOTWL changes year to year... So it's uncertain of what the policy will be?

I guess I'm more wondering what the policy was prior to this recent change (in case it goes back to the old policy). Before this promotional change, what was the requirement for access to TOTWL? Did you have to be staying at BLT AND own at BLT or could you be a BLT owner staying anywhere and still have access? Etc...

Thanks again!!
MrSanderz27 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-07-2012, 07:42 PM   #33
Riverhill
DIS Veteran

Policy and such aside..... I love that fact that the name "Top of the World" is back in use.

I still refer to the California Grill as The Top of the World. It is very confusing to my DH and kids who did not know about the orginal restaurant.

I have great memories of being about 7 and going their with my parents and brothers.

Riverhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 04:32 PM   #34
TagsMissy
Counting down the days... It's not always easy being the wife of a soldier.

As a BLT owner I am happy to see the lounge used. I spent too many hours in there with the lounge being empty -- a sure way to lose it if it's not making money.

I say welcome my fellow DVCers
79-95 Numerous Disneyland Trips/98 POFQ /08 POR/09 POR, SSR/AKV Kidani & BLT/11 BWV & BLT/12 Aulani & Disneyland Club 33/13 DL Club 33/Wonder & BLT/BWV/14 AKV Jambo/VWL & DL Friend's Wedding Celebration/15 DCL Fantasy Eastern Caribbean

TagsMissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 05:34 PM   #35
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSanderz27 View Post
Thanks!!

So it seems like the policy on TOTWL changes year to year... So it's uncertain of what the policy will be?

I guess I'm more wondering what the policy was prior to this recent change (in case it goes back to the old policy). Before this promotional change, what was the requirement for access to TOTWL? Did you have to be staying at BLT AND own at BLT or could you be a BLT owner staying anywhere and still have access? Etc...

Thanks again!!
The old policy was that you needed to be member staying at BLT on points for access.

The important lesson is that Disney can and will change policies as they see fit. Sometimes it's to our benefit but often it's to their benefit.

Bill

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 05:38 PM   #36
bom_noite
DVC-Trivia Contest - April, 2006: 3rd Place

I guess I am surprised on the mystery behind the motivation for this change? The folks staying at BLT could not sustain a bar that was built for 499. Thus, they felt they needed to expand the universe a bit. It is really that simple.

If this does not work, it will become open up to anyone. If that does bring in green spending gringo's it may become a restaurant that anyone can dine at. If that does not work, they will transform it in to a Bungee Jump platform. Expect policy changes until it turns a profit.

To be honest, I am a bit surprised that they opened a place that can hold 499 and make it exclusive to BLT Guests? It seems liked a doomed strategy - and - I guess it was. I doubt Boma has capacity for 499 folks? And, I am not sure opening it up to DVC members will do much too increase profitability.

Regardless, I am a DVC member going in December - so - see you all there!

And, to all those BLT members reading this - you are more then welcome to meet me for a drink at my home resort at OKW. See you at the Gurgling Suitcase - capacity 7 (or 8 when I am on a diet).

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynutz View Post
The old policy was that you needed to be member staying at BLT on points for access.
The important lesson is that Disney can and will change policies as they see fit. Sometimes it's to our benefit but often it's to their benefit.
Bill
Correction: It is always to their benefit, and, sometimes it is to our mutual benefit.

Last edited by bom_noite; 09-24-2012 at 06:35 PM.
bom_noite is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: