Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-09-2012, 03:48 PM   #31
dealia
Earning My Ears

Always bring:
eyeglass repair kit/spare glasses
Safety pins
baby wipes
baggies
Old 08-09-2012, 06:22 PM   #32
theffaddict
When you wish upon a star!

Spare contacts! Comfortable shoes! A small bag you don't mind carrying around: I always bring a drawstring. In the bag, bring an extra shirt to the parks if you are male. I also bring an extra pair of socks to the parks (call me weird, but I can't stand wet socks). That's all I can think of. I would recommend getting pins if you have kids or even if you are an adult! It's fun!
Disney is one of the most important parts of my life! I'm not sure how I could do it! Junior in high school happily living in Kansas. I hope to go to Oklahoma State to major in Sports Media after high school. You can bet that the Disney College Program is part of my plan! When you wish upon a star!
theffaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-10-2012, 11:10 PM   #33
Orreed
Olivia

I like to bring a notebook! It's fun to be creative and can help if you collecting ideas on what to do next.
Orreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 02:23 PM   #34
rosiep
I don't drink, I try to convert people to nudism!
while it was a beautiful experience it was a slurge
I'm one of those people who need coffee just so I can make coffee

Self adhesive address labels.

If you have items sent back to your hotel from the shops they always ask for your address; having a label handy speeds up the process immensely. You can also use them on items like cell phones and cameras.
Old 08-14-2012, 09:25 AM   #35
rbrainerd
Mouseketeer

The one thing I have found to be most helpful is to pack some of the little packets of powder to add to bottled water (Crystal Light are the ones we use). To avoid the extra costs of drinks, even bottled water, we ask for a glass of ice water and add the packet of flavoring to it. Glasses of ice water are free and this tip can easily save you $10+ a meal....which will easily be spent elsewhere in the park
rbrainerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 02:32 PM   #36
SpacedOut
First in line for Space Mountain ERT

I'll be taking the following on my trip starting Labor Day weekend:

1. Chewable Pepto-Bismol: Takes up very little space and has saved a park trip on more than one occasion.

2. Moist wipes: Great for a mid-day refresher, especially on those hot, humid days.

Enjoy!

You pick the century and I'll pick the spot.

- Jimmy Buffet, Boat Drinks
First Niagara Center Walt Disney World
SpacedOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 05:56 PM   #37
Get me to Disney!
Mouseketeer

Just wanted to subscribe to this so I can come back to it later - thanks for starting it!!
4/17-4/24/1994 - Honeymoon (Dixie's Landings)
2004 - First Family Trip with kids
- 1 day trip with DH - all four parks in one day
9/3-9/20/2009 - ASMovies w/free dining
8/17-8/28/2010 - ASMovies w/free dining

Daddy (41) , Mommy (40) , Daughter (15) , Daughter (13) , Son (10) , Daughter (7) - All lovers of Disney
Get me to Disney! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 06:13 PM   #38
red712371
Mouseketeer

Temp dental filling repair kits. Just picked these up at the Dollar Tree this past weekend...just in case.
red712371 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 06:35 PM   #39
Get me to Disney!
Mouseketeer

I bring a sharpie (or six) - we each get a map and mark off what we already did. That way we don't miss anything that we don't want to miss.

Also, clothespins to close chip bags, bread bag, etc.

Also, we still use large fanny packs - not the best fashion statement but with no strollers in tow, we don't have a place to hang stuff while at the parks. We have tried backpacks but they are hot and sometimes in the way.

Also, SPF 15 or more chapstick - my lips are sensitive to that much sun and they will puff up if I don't apply.

Haven't done this before but since we're driving, we'll be bringing lots of bottled water, freezing it, and taking it into the parks to use both as ice pack and a cold drink as it melts.
4/17-4/24/1994 - Honeymoon (Dixie's Landings)
2004 - First Family Trip with kids
- 1 day trip with DH - all four parks in one day
9/3-9/20/2009 - ASMovies w/free dining
8/17-8/28/2010 - ASMovies w/free dining

Daddy (41) , Mommy (40) , Daughter (15) , Daughter (13) , Son (10) , Daughter (7) - All lovers of Disney
Get me to Disney! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 09:44 PM   #40
IBLarsen
DIS Veteran

We bring a picnic blanket that zips up neatly (picture somewhat flat square). This packs easily into our suitcase and we bring it into the parks for a place to sit and wait for fireworks and Fantasmic. We have young kids who are usually tired by then, so we don't mind finding a spot and waiting, but a blanket is a must have! The kids will even lay down for while. Or sit and play cards or their DS's while we wait.

So I guess you can add cards (regular and/or Uno) to our list of random things we bring

Also on this note, we are currently on the lookout for a mini flashlight lantern to have just enough light for the kids to see to play the cards after dark.
Last year in Nov, two girls were playing cards beside us waiting for F! and it got too dark for them to see, so my kids offered to hold one of our mini flashlights on the cards for them to play, which was sweet, but not feasible to sit and hold a tiny flashlight for that long, which made me think a mini lantern style would work great, it doesn't need to light up a large area.

I know this seems like a lot, but really, waiting for upwards of 1.5 hours is a long time for children to sit still with nothing to do.

I should note, that I am referring to F! at Disneyland, although this link is on the WDW side, I love to come here for these tips that are really helpful for both parks I believe the seating is different for F! at WDW, where at DLR you just find a spot on the ground to wait, no seating or bleachers.
IBLarsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 12:06 PM   #41
shallwechat
Earning My Ears

Things brought to Disney

I buy a cheap pack of washcloths.....I put a washcloth for every person in their own quart freezer bag with their initial on it. This is put in the backpack so when it gets hot, we just have to wet the washcloth and wipe our face. I also bring gallon size freezer bag just n case I ride a water ride so I can put my camera in it and put it in my backpack - keeps camera from getting wet.

I also copy and paste a list of the restaurants that are quick service and list them in very small font, 2 columns. Under the last column I type our reservation #'s, dates and times of our table service dining. I also shade the ones we have previously eaten at. I have it laminated and it will go in the back pack for quick viewing just in case we need to find something.

After all this work, I definitely need this vacation.
shallwechat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 09:52 PM   #42
Mrs.viv07
DIS Veteran

The shoe organizer is gret we use it inhe shower to keep ottles of shampoo, body was ect.
We also bring one of these[URL]http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/40210553/[/URL

Viv DH DS DS DD

7 angels watching over us; including our daughter Kiara born sleeping jan 4, 2013

read our blog :http://vivnmichaelsworld.blogspot.com/

Before you leave an angry comment, read my entry at least twice to make sure you understand what I am saying, or accusing me will just make you sound really stupid. If reading it twice is too tedious for your brain, well what can i say. =)

follow my pre-trip report as i go crazy over planning for sept 2012:http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post45093687

read about our Jan 2007 trip here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1553770
Mrs.viv07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 09:57 PM   #43
Mrs.viv07
DIS Veteran

The shoe organizer is great. We keep it against the wall on the shower rod with shampoo, body was ect
We also use on of http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/40210553/these for extra storage space/ daily outfits for the boys.
Clothespins for hanging wet clothes
I also bring a shower liner some twine and the easy hooks so I can separate the sink area from the bed area for more privacy
Canvas clothes bag for dirty laundry in case I don't do laundry
Night light for the boys
Power strip for the laptop,PSP,iPad ect

Viv DH DS DS DD

7 angels watching over us; including our daughter Kiara born sleeping jan 4, 2013

read our blog :http://vivnmichaelsworld.blogspot.com/

Before you leave an angry comment, read my entry at least twice to make sure you understand what I am saying, or accusing me will just make you sound really stupid. If reading it twice is too tedious for your brain, well what can i say. =)

follow my pre-trip report as i go crazy over planning for sept 2012:http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post45093687

read about our Jan 2007 trip here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1553770
Mrs.viv07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:29 PM   #44
goochy18
Mouseketeer

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by red712371 View Post
Temp dental filling repair kits. Just picked these up at the Dollar Tree this past weekend...just in case.
Im Amazed! Really?!? This is a really neat find and tip!!! I'll be checking out my dollar trees this week! You never know when someone might need this!!!

Thanks!

1991 - First trip to Disney World for 6th bday
1998 - All Star Music
2001 - First trip to Disneyland
2007 - Coronado Springs
2010 - Caribbean Beach Resort
2011 - Off-site, April '11
2011 - Off-site, Sept '11 & First MNSSHP!!
2012 - All-star music and 2nd MNSSHP!!
2014 - Pop Century for Rock your Disney Side, May 22-26

goochy18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:55 PM   #45
peacelovedisneyy
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by HairbowGirl09
I always pack a manicure set... I know it's a little off the wall but it never seems to fail that someone needs something from it. Whether it be the scissors, nail clippers, or nail file. Those random things seem to always come in handy.

Also, I'd bring ponchos because Florida weather can be unpredictable and they help on the water rides too

Water bottles are useful so you don't have to buy $3 water bottles every time your thirsty
I take my manicure set with me too! it's a must have
also we just found out a couple years ago you can just go up to the restaurants and ask for a glass of water! for free so much better than carrying around water bottles and taking up more room! thought I would share
peacelovedisneyy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: