Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-26-2012, 05:08 PM   #121
DisneyLifeMel
Mouseketeer

I wonder if Laura Spencer will post a new blog on the Disney Parks Blog tomorrow. If she posts, she will usually publish it on a Monday. I'd love some new news as September approaches!
Old 08-26-2012, 06:23 PM   #122
BethA
DIS Veteran

I applied on a whim last year but did not make it to the second round, although the video may have been too daunting. I am a Disney fanatic and have been to WDW well over a 100 times , am a DVC owner and have been on DCL 16 times. I love the planning part of our trips, but at 54 feel I am older than what they are looking for. Not sure if I will apply this year. I was surprised at the first round questions and felt it did not give a great feel for Disney knowledge or passion. Good luck to everyone. I will be jealous but like the idea of a trip to get over my sadness
BethA is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-28-2012, 09:51 AM   #123
claireelise
Earning My Ears

let the adventure begin!

I'm so excited! We are about to head down to the World in a few days! can't wait! I hope everyone has a magical experience this year!
claireelise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 03:54 PM   #124
DisneyLifeMel
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by claireelise View Post
I'm so excited! We are about to head down to the World in a few days! can't wait! I hope everyone has a magical experience this year!
Have a magical vacation, Claireelise! Tell us all about your adventures when you get back home! Safe travels!
Old 08-28-2012, 04:17 PM   #125
finishline413
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrieR View Post
I'm not a mom, so I'd never thought of applying to the panel -- until last year. On a bus ride back to our resort, I struck up a conversation with a woman who turned out to be a Moms Panelist! We talked about the adventures that my group and I had already had this year, and she encouraged me to look into joining (despite the fact that I'm not a mom.) So, I am anxious to see what the rules are, and if I might fit in!

I am a nanny, and the planner for my group of friends. I was fortunate enough to do the "AP thing" last year, and went on half a dozen trips. It was a "once in a lifetime" experience, that was awesome enough we are planning a repeat in 2013. We have a plethora of food allergies in the group, so I consider navigating them at Disney an area of expertise, in addition to all of the normal planning pieces!

I may not post much, but I will be following this thread, waiting with baited breath for the application to go up.

Question for everyone -- how much time is there for the initial app to be completed? Is it like a race to click the button, or are there a couple of days to get things pulled together?

I look forward to riding the roller coaster with y'all!
Way to go! I see that you will be running the Half in 2013! Great! I will be doing the Goofy Challenge for the first time! Excited!

Disney Vacations: Too many to count!
Cruises: 04/2010, Wonder; 04/2011, Dream; 03/2012, Magic; 12/2012, Dream
A Few Vacation Club Trips: 01/2010, BLT; 04/2011, AK-Jambo House; 07/2011, OKW; 02/2012, BLT; 12/2012, BLT; 01/2013, BLT
finishline413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 08:06 AM   #126
CarrieR
DIS Veteran

You crazy, girl! Lol, my BFF (and Disney partner in crime) are planning to run it, or well, "run" it. We are NOT runners. Her brother and SIL were going to run it, and we thought it might be fun to join them. Eventually we decided that after last year's excessive visiting, we needed to "earn" our way back to the World, so we aren't allowed to go until we run! We are getting squirmy squirrely and whiney since it's been a while, but at least it's motivation to get out there and train. Plus, at this point, I'm all about doing "new" things at Disney - which are few and far between - but I can honestly say I've never done a race there before!

But going Goofy is just... mad! And I mean that in the best possible way, I am in awe!
CarrieR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 09:04 AM   #127
Skampigirl
To all who have come to this happy place, welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by finishline413 View Post
Way to go! I see that you will be running the Half in 2013! Great! I will be doing the Goofy Challenge for the first time! Excited!
Congratulations to all of you RunDisney runners!! You'll have an amazing time - there is nothing like a Disney race! I'm running in the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10 miler at the end of September - can't wait! If you don't see me back on the board, I'll have gotten lost in the 4th dimension, LOL

I can't believe it's been a year since our last Mom's Panel Roller Coaster Ride! I will be applying again - made it to round 2 last year.
You're all amazing and whether we make it this year or not, it won't change our love for Disney and being able to share our passion with each other! Pixie Dust to everyone!!
Laura

September 2012 / Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10 miler and Mickey's Happy Haunted Trail 5K / Port Orleans Riverside -- January 2013 - Tinkerbell Half Marathon & Neverland 5K, Disneyland / Disneyland Hotel -- November 2013 - Jingle Jungle 5K & Wine & Dine Half Marathon - Port Orleans Riverside -- January 2014 - Girlfriend trip, WL CL -- April 2014 - Mom trip - Boardwalk Inn -- August 2014 - Trip of a Lifetime - Adventures By Disney Cowboys & Canyons (Arizona and Utah) !

Skampigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 10:01 PM   #128
MJAJmom
DIS Veteran

I'm checking in too!! I've applied every year and plan to give it another go this year. I've made it 3 times to the 2nd round, but never any further. Good luck to everyone as we wait patiently for "rope drop" on the application process!!

June 2014 - DL planning in the works!
June 2011 - POFQ, Star Wars Weekends, Universal
April 2010 - CBR pirate room, 3rd time for just mom & 2 boys, Universal
June09 - CBR, Star Wars Weekends, just mom & 2 boys, more character meals - Trip Report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2208908
Oct08 - GF, MNSSHP, just mom & 2 boys, lots of character meals - Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2013585
Apr08 - GF - 1st trip for family
MJAJmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 02:03 AM   #129
cbkamommy
Mouseketeer

Does anyone remember approximate time when we applied to round 2 last year?

Heather DH
DS-11 DS-9 DS-6 DS-3
cbkamommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 08:07 AM   #130
Skampigirl
To all who have come to this happy place, welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbkamommy View Post
I seem to remember it was the second week of October. At the time the days seemed to drag between rounds, but looking back on it now, it seems to have flown! I'm already getting butterflies!!

Excited to go through this year's journey with everyone!!

September 2012 / Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10 miler and Mickey's Happy Haunted Trail 5K / Port Orleans Riverside -- January 2013 - Tinkerbell Half Marathon & Neverland 5K, Disneyland / Disneyland Hotel -- November 2013 - Jingle Jungle 5K & Wine & Dine Half Marathon - Port Orleans Riverside -- January 2014 - Girlfriend trip, WL CL -- April 2014 - Mom trip - Boardwalk Inn -- August 2014 - Trip of a Lifetime - Adventures By Disney Cowboys & Canyons (Arizona and Utah) !

Skampigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 08:09 AM   #131
shinysparklybubbles
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbkamommy
Round 1 started sept 12.

10/8 I got my email about round 2 and it had to be in between 10/10-10/14 and Nov 18th I got my no to round 3 email.
Old 08-30-2012, 09:30 PM   #132
DisneyLifeMel
Mouseketeer

The new "2013 Search Coming Soon" page is up! Good luck, everyone!

http://disneyworldforum.disney.go.co...gins-soon.aspx
Old 08-30-2012, 09:34 PM   #133
bunkkinsmom
No 9, so it's all good
frankly I thought they were pretty goo

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneylifemel View Post
The new "2013 search coming soon" page is up! Good luck, everyone!

http://disneyworldforum.disney.go.co...gins-soon.aspx
yay!!!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2865060

Childhood Trips: Every other year from age 4-14 offsiteAdultTrip:1995 offsiteFamily Trips: November 01 Coronado Springs (pre-kids): Jan 09 OKW Jan 10 OKW : Jan 11 OKW : Jan 12 POR: Jan 14 CSR
bunkkinsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 02:32 AM   #134
dizkrazkate
Mouseketeer

Hello All! Nice to see some familiar folks back for the ride this year! I was just thinking that September is only a day away, and we shoud be hearing something any time now.

Does anyone else find it odd/interesting that no date for opening of the applications has been officially announced yet? I do believe that in the past, we had a definate date known. This year, I keep reading "check out the Disney website every day in September" or something such as that. Does no one else find that odd? Are they just going to open the application with no official notice? Just boom! We're live and up and running? Does that mean they will restrict the applications more than in the past? In the past I believe applications were accepted until 5pm on Friday of that week, or until 20,000 applications, whichever came first. What does everyone else make of the wording?

A little bit about me... I am a SAHM mom during the day, and a labor and delivery nurse at night. I have recently expanded my family from three sons ages 9, 7, and 5 to include a daughter, 4 months. We are getting ready to head to WDW on the 12th for her first trip, and my 15th. We are DVC members and our favorite place to stay is Kidani Village where we will be in 12short days!! I love helping families plan their trips, especially first trips as that first taste of the magic is always special. I also have my own Disney travel blog. Right now though its been lacking a bit as I try to manage writing with a nursing baby on my lap! But I am getting back into the swing of the blog, and should have a new piece up next week....hopefully.

This will be my fourth year applying to the Moms Panel, and two years ago I made it to round 2. Here's to hoping maybe, just maybe this is my year!

Good luck to everyone!

1978-off site 1981- off site 1986 - Marriot World Center 1989-Magic Music Days off site 1991-Magic Music Days Caribbean Beach Resort 1993-Magic Music Days Caribbean Beach Resort 1998-Coronado Springs 2008-off site 2009-Kidani Village 2010-Saratoga Springs 2010-All Star Movies 2010-Kidani Village 2011-Disneyland 2011-BLT 2012-Kidani 2013-Villas at Wilderness Lodge 2014-Kidani Princess Half Marathon! 2014-Disney's Paradise Pier at Disneyland Feb 2015 - Kidani Village for Disney's Glass Slipper Challenge May 2015-Disneyland for Pixie Dust Challenge
dizkrazkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 07:00 PM   #135
DisneyLifeMel
Mouseketeer

It's September, y'all! Let the magical times begin. I can't wait for the announcement of when the application process opens!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: