Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2012, 01:19 PM   #1201
DisneyLifeMel
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbolita View Post
Going from the list on the first post from last year's thread:

There were 152 people who had accounts on the DisBoards who made it through to Round 2;

Of those 152, 19 were selected to move on to the Round 3 phone interviews;

And of those 19, 10 made the WDW Mom's Panel (and I believe there were 15 new Panelists overall).

As far as how many people total move on to Rounds 2 and 3, I have no idea; but you can see that 2/3 of the people who made the Panel last year were a part of our thread!
Awesome research. Love that 2/3 of the class of 2012 were DISBoard-ers! Back to folding laundry, and maybe cleaning a bathroom or two. Who here has kids who are out of school tomorrow?? Hopefully it is a nice day to head to a park!
Old 10-07-2012, 01:29 PM   #1202
tiana&naveen&3
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyAffair
Anyone else checking emails and every place possible on line to see if anyone has heard yet? I'm trying to not say alot to my family about it...would love to just spring it on them. Inside I'm going bonkers. I think really it will be Tuesday before we hear..but hoping I'm wrong.
I am having dreams nightly about Disney stuff, being at WDW helping people.°O°
Yes, with you on this! I check here, then email, then Twitter...then the cycle starts over again, lol so trying to retain my composure as I daydream about what it would be like to make it to the next round ;-)

I am trying to set my mind for Tuesday too, but it's very difficult, especially the more I talk about it!
tiana&naveen&3 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-07-2012, 01:31 PM   #1203
tiana&naveen&3
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyLifeMel

Hi Dee... what is a nice girl like you doing on a board like this? lol Just kidding of course. Love seeing a familiar face over here too!
Haha...same. I was tickled to see your avi as I scanned this thread ;-) I am so glad they have an app for this board! It makes checking things a breeze, especially for this big news.
Old 10-07-2012, 01:32 PM   #1204
tiana&naveen&3
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbolita
Going from the list on the first post from last year's thread:

There were 152 people who had accounts on the DisBoards who made it through to Round 2;

Of those 152, 19 were selected to move on to the Round 3 phone interviews;

And of those 19, 10 made the WDW Mom's Panel (and I believe there were 15 new Panelists overall).

As far as how many people total move on to Rounds 2 and 3, I have no idea; but you can see that 2/3 of the people who made the Panel last year were a part of our thread!
Hey T!
Old 10-07-2012, 02:05 PM   #1205
DisneyDreamersUK
Earning My Ears

Quote:

Awesome research. Love that 2/3 of the class of 2012 were DISBoard-ers! Back to folding laundry, and maybe cleaning a bathroom or two. Who here has kids who are out of school tomorrow?? Hopefully it is a nice day to head to a park!
It is quite cool. 👍 I have just settled my kids in bed for the night. No such luck here in the UK although half term is approaching yay!
DisneyDreamersUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 02:30 PM   #1206
nobodies36
Addicted to Stitch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyLifeMel View Post
Hi! Welcome to our group. Getting you on the list is not a problem! Just write a regular post. Be sure to include
  • first name & last initial
  • specialty (WDW, DCL, DLR, etc)
  • Hometown - optional
  • Are you a mom, dad, aunt, grandma, etc? Any kids? Also optional.

I will get you on the list. You can always go back and delete any posts on the board if you like.
Lisa M. (I noticed there is already a Lisa Mc, so maybe Lisa McN?)
WDW
Glasgow, UK
Aunt

Hoping tomorrow is the day!
June 2005 - 21 nights Hilton Garden Inn @ Sea World; September 2006 - 28 nights Hilton Garden Inn @ Sea World; September 2007 - 14 Nights WDW POP & 10 nights Crowne Plaza Universal; September 2008 - 14 nights POP & 7 nights Hampton Inn @ Point Orlando; August 2009 - 21 nights @ PORS ; December 2009 - 14 nights @ BCV ; June 2010 - 16 nights July @ SSR/AKV ; December 2010 - 14 nights @ GRAND FLORIDIAN! (what an upgrade from Pop) ; September 2011 - 14 nights @ Contemporary Hospitality Suite (as they forgot to book my AKL room) ; March 2012- 14 nights @ AKV Kidani Village- 30th birthday trip! ; September 2012- 14 nights @ BCV ; September/October 2013- 16 nights @ POP/BLT ; April 5-12 2014 - Saturday Night Takeaway Trip to Universal Cabana Bay ; May/June 2014 - 14 nights at BCV
nobodies36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 02:41 PM   #1207
DisneyDreamersUK
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodies36

WDW
Glasgow, UK
Aunt

Me too. I don't think I could go through another week
Old 10-07-2012, 02:58 PM   #1208
zoe999pink
Earning My Ears

Quote:

Thanks!!!!

zoe999pink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 03:05 PM   #1209
papamouse1
Papa Moo Moo Boo Boo

Our kids are out tomorrow, but not sure they will make it to the park. On Thursday, we were in the 90's, now we are in the 50's... chilly for us in SE New Mexico

1999-2005 yearly DLC trips - various non-Disney hotels 2006 - DLC - Paradise Pier Hotel *Joined DVC! 2007 - Disney Cruise & WDW for our 20th wedding anniversary 2008 - DLC - Grand Californian 2009 - WDW- Old Key West & Animal Kingdom-Kidani 2010 - WDW- Beach Club & Animal Kingdom 2011 - Disney Cruise - the new Disney Dream & Holidays @ WDW! BCV & AKV Concierge April 2012 - MR Anniversary Cruise Nov 2012 - DLC to see Holidays & "WoC" May 2013 - Aulani! Aug2013 WDW & Universal Studios March 2013 Travel Agent AEP DCL/WDW
papamouse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 03:32 PM   #1210
shinysparklybubbles
DIS Veteran

Our weather has certainly kicked into fall mode! Low 60's all week! I'm not sure if I'm ready for that yet, I really like 70's better! My wogging (walk/jogging) will certainly be more pleasant with the cooler temps. I need to get some new music on my iTunes. I am getting tired of the same stuff.

We had a great weekend, we have a projector and a 16x9 movie screen for our back yard, we have been having outdoor movie night every Saturday for the past few weekends. Last night was The Lorax, it was the first time I saw it and everyone really seemed to enjoy it.

My husband is taking some time off starting next week (he is taking 3 weeks in a row!) so we are hoping to tackle some projects while he is off and DS is in preschool. We want to paint our room and get new curtains, we moved in a year ago and haven't don't anything to our room. I don't know what color to pick because decorating is not something I am talented at!
Old 10-07-2012, 03:55 PM   #1211
DisneyDreamersUK
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinysparklybubbles
Our weather has certainly kicked into fall mode! Low 60's all week! I'm not sure if I'm ready for that yet, I really like 70's better! My wogging (walk/jogging) will certainly be more pleasant with the cooler temps. I need to get some new music on my iTunes. I am getting tired of the same stuff.

We had a great weekend, we have a projector and a 16x9 movie screen for our back yard, we have been having outdoor movie night every Saturday for the past few weekends. Last night was The Lorax, it was the first time I saw it and everyone really seemed to enjoy it.

My husband is taking some time off starting next week (he is taking 3 weeks in a row!) so we are hoping to tackle some projects while he is off and DS is in preschool. We want to paint our room and get new curtains, we moved in a year ago and haven't don't anything to our room. I don't know what color to pick because decorating is not something I am talented at!
Oh what I would give to be in the 60's/70's, it's been freezing here today. It's currently 7•c/45•F highs of about 15 for the week.

I loved The Lorax it was sooo funny. My kids really enjoyed it too.

Good luck with the room improvements. Perhaps pick some soothing calm colours so it won't disturb your sleep. :0) xx
Old 10-07-2012, 04:51 PM   #1212
shalecesjourney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDreamersUK

Oh what I would give to be in the 60's/70's, it's been freezing here today. It's currently 7•c/45•F highs of about 15 for the week.

I loved The Lorax it was sooo funny. My kids really enjoyed it too.

Good luck with the room improvements. Perhaps pick some soothing calm colours so it won't disturb your sleep. :0) xx
So jealous of your weather! It's been in the 80's here all week and doesn't feel anything like fall. If it were up to me, I'd live where there was snow on the ground 365 days a year!

Our Pixar Themed Craft Pumpkins

May 2011 10 Nights Deluxe Dining Reviews

1981-2008 - 17 trips to Disney, 05/08 - Pop Century, 08/08 - Disneyland, 08/09 - Pop Century, 10/09 - BWV, 06/10 - Pop Century, 07/10 - POFQ, 08/10 - BC, 10/10 - BC, 12/10 - BC, 05/11 - POFQ, 10/11 - BC, 05/12 - POFQ, 05/12 - POR, 07/12 - AoA Cars Suite, POR Royal Room, 09/12 - Pop Century, 01/13 - POFQ, 02/13 - BC
shalecesjourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 04:55 PM   #1213
DisneyLifeMel
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicalPix View Post
I guess we're all still waiting!!

Oh, and by the way, I finally changed my disboards name, so I'm back to square one with posts, so I can't change it myself on the official list, but you can certainly change it for me if you want. It was MWinKY and now it's MagicalPix.

Good luck to everyone!!
I have updated your info on the list! Here's hoping we hear something very soon!
Old 10-07-2012, 04:59 PM   #1214
DisneyLifeMel
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodies36 View Post
WDW
Glasgow, UK
Aunt

Lisa McN it is!! You have been officially added to the Unofficial List as well. And, I, too am hoping for tomorrow! Best of luck to you!
Old 10-07-2012, 05:25 PM   #1215
margieingeorgia
Dreams really do come true.

Please add me to the list of hopefuls!!!! :-)

Current DVC member at Saratoga Springs.

Annual Passholder

http://margiesmadness/blogspot.com

Twitter: @margiesmadness
margieingeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: