Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2012, 09:58 AM   #1186
DisneyDreamersUK
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyAffair
Anyone else checking emails and every place possible on line to see if anyone has heard yet? I'm trying to not say alot to my family about it...would love to just spring it on them. Inside I'm going bonkers. I think really it will be Tuesday before we hear..but hoping I'm wrong.
I am having dreams nightly about Disney stuff, being at WDW helping people.°O°
I check on my phone every few minutes even though my phone vibrates when I get mail. Then I go on my laptop and check even though I have already checked. Lol slightly obsessed now ;0)
DisneyDreamersUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:28 AM   #1187
DisneyLifeMel
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicalAmandaFay View Post
You can add me also!

-Amanda B.
-WDW
-Milwaukee, WI
Hi Amanda! You are officially welcomed to our Unofficial List of Hopefuls! Best of luck to you!
Register to remove

Old 10-07-2012, 10:51 AM   #1188
Jump4Joy8390
DVC Owners since 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDreamersUK View Post
I check on my phone every few minutes even though my phone vibrates when I get mail. Then I go on my laptop and check even though I have already checked. Lol slightly obsessed now ;0)
Of all weekends, I lost my iphone on the train ride home on Friday , so I've been basically "house bound" since then! I've got every computer in the house open to email, Disboards, Facebook, and Twitter, so I won't miss a thing!

Today, we are having our (Canadian) Thanksgiving dinner and I just put 2 pumpkin pies in the oven! Loving the smell already...

Continued luck and pixie dust , everyone! Maybe today.....
2010 - Boardwalk Villas / Disney Wonder / Saratoga Springs (Feb/Mar) Kidani Village / Wilderness Lodge (Dec)
2011 - Pop Century / Vero Beach / Disney Dream / Old Key West (Mar) / Kidani Village / Port Orleans French Quarter / Saratoga Springs (Aug)
2012 - Boardwalk Villas / Disney Dream / Vero Beach / Saratoga Springs
2013 - Bay Lake Tower / Disney Fantasy / Beach Club Villas (Mar) / Coronado Springs /Jambo House / Saratoga Springs (Aug)
2014 - Art of Animation / Villas at the Grand Floridian / Disney Magic / Old Key West / Port Orleans Riverside (Mar)
/ Port Orleans Riverside / Saratoga Springs (Sep)
Jump4Joy8390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:54 AM   #1189
DisneyLifeMel
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiana&naveen&3 View Post
Hey lady! It's @disneyinatweet! I am so excited to see if I make rd 2 ;-)
Hi Dee... what is a nice girl like you doing on a board like this? lol Just kidding of course. Love seeing a familiar face over here too!
Old 10-07-2012, 11:06 AM   #1190
DisneyDreamersUK
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jump4Joy8390
Of all weekends, I lost my iphone on the train ride home on Friday , so I've been basically "house bound" since then! I've got every computer in the house open to email, Disboards, Facebook, and Twitter, so I won't miss a thing!

Today, we are having our (Canadian) Thanksgiving dinner and I just put 2 pumpkin pies in the oven! Loving the smell already...

Oh no :0/ how annoying and frustrating. I hope you get a replacement soon.

That sounds nice never had pumpkin pie I am sure your house smells divine I have just baked oatmeal and raisin cookies. I can't smell them though as I am full of a cold :0(

There is a lot of love and pixie dust around here ;0) wish everyone luck and hope we find out soon x
Old 10-07-2012, 11:54 AM   #1191
TheDisneyMama
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jump4Joy8390 View Post

Oh, I'm so sorry you lost your phone!!! I feel lost without mine when I forget it at home, I can't imagine how I'd be if I lost it!! Can you replace it soon? The worst part is the contacts and other stuff lost!! It's like losing your wallet!! Ugh!!!

Happy Canadian Thanksgiving to you!!! I hope you have a great day with family!! I love the smell of pumpkin!!!

Good luck to you too and to everyone else!!! Hopefully today will be the day!!!!
TheDisneyMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 12:08 PM   #1192
MagicalPix
Disneyaholic

I guess we're all still waiting!!

Does anyone know exactly how many they are accepting onto the panel? I'm just curious to know what my actual odds are. I know it's not great, but I'm just wondering! And do you know how many go onto round 2? Is it a lot?

Oh, and by the way, I finally changed my disboards name, so I'm back to square one with posts, so I can't change it myself on the official list, but you can certainly change it for me if you want. It was MWinKY and now it's MagicalPix.

Good luck to everyone!!
, Oct 2013 Art of Animation Lion King Suite,
Feb 2014 Off Prop , Aug 2014 Pop , Oct 2014 Beach Club
MagicalPix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 12:13 PM   #1193
Minnie Mommy Mouse
Mouseketeer

Yesterday we attended a family wedding which helped take my mind off things. We went cosmic bowling in between wedding & reception. My son with moderate autism (Aidan) was all dressed up (shirt & Mickey tie) and was DETERMINED to dance with me. My aspie has no social anxiety and is a dancing fool! I was really worried my feet would flare up & I wouldn't last long, but the second the dance floor opened up, Aidan took me by the hand and said "come on old girl."

Long story short, I DANCED MY FACE OFF ALLLLL NIGHT LONG!!! If someone would have told me six months ago I would dance all night, I would have never believed them. It was one of the happiest moments in my life- to have that much fun dancing with my boys.

Afterwards, I couldn't help but wonder what got in to me. Normally, I dance some, but not like last night. Then it dawned on me, I wanted my kids to experience dancing. Aidan would not have danced with anyone else, and I wanted that experience for him. I wanted my older son to dance with his mama and remember that I am crazy fun mama, not the shell of his mom that couldn't walk good for 3 years.

Last night was a turning point for me. It was the first time in three years I did not feel disabled. It makes me soooo excited for our WDW trip over Thanksgiving. We have had so many special moments there, and now I feel confident that I can keep up, ride rides, and make many more unforgettable memories!

I just wanted to share a story of hope and perseverance while we what for the possible. I wish we all could make it. I know no matter what happens for me I will keep on swimming

I'm going to tuck my phone away & try to enjoy the day and not check every 10 minutes!

Julie

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Minnie Mommy Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 12:32 PM   #1194
akasleepingbeauty
My favorite place to run is Disney!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie Mommy Mouse View Post
Yesterday we attended a family wedding which helped take my mind off things. We went cosmic bowling in between wedding & reception. My son with moderate autism (Aidan) was all dressed up (shirt & Mickey tie) and was DETERMINED to dance with me. My aspie has no social anxiety and is a dancing fool! I was really worried my feet would flare up & I wouldn't last long, but the second the dance floor opened up, Aidan took me by the hand and said "come on old girl."

Long story short, I DANCED MY FACE OFF ALLLLL NIGHT LONG!!! If someone would have told me six months ago I would dance all night, I would have never believed them. It was one of the happiest moments in my life- to have that much fun dancing with my boys.

Afterwards, I couldn't help but wonder what got in to me. Normally, I dance some, but not like last night. Then it dawned on me, I wanted my kids to experience dancing. Aidan would not have danced with anyone else, and I wanted that experience for him. I wanted my older son to dance with his mama and remember that I am crazy fun mama, not the shell of his mom that couldn't walk good for 3 years.

Last night was a turning point for me. It was the first time in three years I did not feel disabled. It makes me soooo excited for our WDW trip over Thanksgiving. We have had so many special moments there, and now I feel confident that I can keep up, ride rides, and make many more unforgettable memories!

I just wanted to share a story of hope and perseverance while we what for the possible. I wish we all could make it. I know no matter what happens for me I will keep on swimming

I'm going to tuck my phone away & try to enjoy the day and not check every 10 minutes!

Julie

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Julie - what a wonderful day! I can hear the excitement and happiness in your voice as you describe all you did yesterday. I am so glad for you that you were able to share such a fun occasion with your family. I know you must be beyond excited about your upcoming WDW trip and all the wonderful memories that you'll make there!
Old 10-07-2012, 12:40 PM   #1195
Jump4Joy8390
DVC Owners since 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDreamersUK View Post
Oh no :0/ how annoying and frustrating. I hope you get a replacement soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDisneyMama View Post
Oh, I'm so sorry you lost your phone!!! I feel lost without mine when I forget it at home, I can't imagine how I'd be if I lost it!! Can you replace it soon? The worst part is the contacts and other stuff lost!! It's like losing your wallet!! Ugh!!!
Thanks for feeling my pain! I'm hoping to get my own phone back, actually. I know where I lost it, it fell down under my seat. It was funny because for the first 24 hours or so, I was able to track it using the "Find my iphone" app on my DH's phone! Battery must be dead because now it says it's "offline". I'll check with Lost and Found on Tuesday... Back to the waiting.....
2010 - Boardwalk Villas / Disney Wonder / Saratoga Springs (Feb/Mar) Kidani Village / Wilderness Lodge (Dec)
2011 - Pop Century / Vero Beach / Disney Dream / Old Key West (Mar) / Kidani Village / Port Orleans French Quarter / Saratoga Springs (Aug)
2012 - Boardwalk Villas / Disney Dream / Vero Beach / Saratoga Springs
2013 - Bay Lake Tower / Disney Fantasy / Beach Club Villas (Mar) / Coronado Springs /Jambo House / Saratoga Springs (Aug)
2014 - Art of Animation / Villas at the Grand Floridian / Disney Magic / Old Key West / Port Orleans Riverside (Mar)
/ Port Orleans Riverside / Saratoga Springs (Sep)
Jump4Joy8390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 12:49 PM   #1196
DisneyDreamersUK
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jump4Joy8390

Thanks for feeling my pain! I'm hoping to get my own phone back, actually. I know where I lost it, it fell down under my seat. It was funny because for the first 24 hours or so, I was able to track it using the "Find my iphone" app on my DH's phone! Battery must be dead because now it says it's "offline". I'll check with Lost and Found on Tuesday... Back to the waiting.....
Oh well fingers crossed :0) lol find my phone is a gift from heaven.... The most useful tool relating to iPhones
Old 10-07-2012, 12:51 PM   #1197
zoe999pink
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicalPix
I guess we're all still waiting!!

Does anyone know exactly how many they are accepting onto the panel? I'm just curious to know what my actual odds are. I know it's not great, but I'm just wondering! And do you know how many go onto round 2? Is it a lot?

Oh, and by the way, I finally changed my disboards name, so I'm back to square one with posts, so I can't change it myself on the official list, but you can certainly change it for me if you want. It was MWinKY and now it's MagicalPix.

Good luck to everyone!!
I was wondering the same thing, how many go to round 2? And how many go to round 3? Then actually how many get picked for each category??? Anybody know???

zoe999pink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 01:01 PM   #1198
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Every year it's different. Depending on who's leaving and what the needs are.

Last year they only took 1 rundisney applicant. I would expect them to add 2 more (ok, total guess in my part- lol!). I have no idea if they will but its becoming more popular every year do its not unheard of

I think only one mom from UK was taken they year I was a finalist.

They have taken 12 panelists or 20 + in the past. Just depends on need!

I believe there were 33 finalists in 2010 and were chosen. (But can't remember for sure, those are ballparks)

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
longhorns2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 01:03 PM   #1199
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorns2
Every year it's different. Depending on who's leaving and what the needs are.

Last year they only took 1 rundisney applicant. I would expect them to add 2 more (ok, total guess in my part- lol!). I have no idea if they will but its becoming more popular every year do its not unheard of

I think only one mom from UK was taken they year I was a finalist.

They have taken 12 panelists or 20 + in the past. Just depends on need!

I believe there were 33 finalists in 2010 and were chosen. (But can't remember for sure, those are ballparks)
Ok on phone. That didn't make sense! 33 and 12 were taken- ballpark figure

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
longhorns2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 01:10 PM   #1200
arbolita
DIS Veteran

Going from the list on the first post from last year's thread:

There were 152 people who had accounts on the DisBoards who made it through to Round 2;

Of those 152, 19 were selected to move on to the Round 3 phone interviews;

And of those 19, 10 made the WDW Mom's Panel (and I believe there were 15 new Panelists overall).

As far as how many people total move on to Rounds 2 and 3, I have no idea; but you can see that 2/3 of the people who made the Panel last year were a part of our thread!
June 1990 - Offsite * June 2008 - Offsite- Got Engaged! * September 2009 - CSR - Disneymoon * October 2010 - POP/POR * June 2011 - CBR * December 2011 - Offsite - Farewell to Jaws * February 2012 - One More Disney Day-Video Trip Report - ASMu * January 2013 - SSR Old, New & Long Lost Friends, w/ a Side of Frump! * August 2013 - Puns, a Fun Run and 1901 - Our first trip to Disneyland! * May 2014 - BLT/AKV * January 2015 - AKV * August 2015 - ? * October/November 2015 - Port Orleans

[B]August Trip Report: Puns, a Fun Run and 1901 - Our first trip to Disneyland!

Follow me on Twitter! @GertieTheDino89
arbolita is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: