Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-2012, 10:01 AM   #1141
DisFanInCO
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the info, AKASleepingBeauty and SAHDad!

It was just a short 3 mi run today so I wore a long sleeve tech shirt and running capris and was fine. I probably could have gotten away with shorts, but it started drizzling half way through my run, so I'm kind of glad I had the longer pants on! One thing I forgot - gloves. That's a mistake I won't make again! I'm actually liking the cooler running weather. I was almost a minute faster than normal today!

ShinySparklyBubbles - I know, the temperature drop is crazy! It was literally 85 degrees two days ago and now it's about 30. We even had a bit of snow on the grass and trees when we woke up yesterday morning! But, as is typical with Colorado weather, it's supposed to warm up into the mid-70s next week

You can also find me on twitter @disfaninco or at http://www.disfaninco.com
DisFanInCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:45 AM   #1142
zoe999pink
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigrLvsPooh
Hello everyone! I am currently living in a technological black hole thanks to a major outage here in my home town. A group of road workers accidentally dug up over 200 feet of cables connecting several types of communication including phone lines, internet, and lines to cell phone towers. I currently have no home phone or internet service and my cell phone is barely getting a tiny bit of a signal here and there. Needless to say our family is rediscovering what life was like in the good old days!!!! LOL :D I don't know who is more in shock, the kids without their Xbox or me without my computer. Our local news reported last night it will be 3-5 days before they can restore services to everyone affected. {{Yikes!}} Hopefully someone here at the DIS can send me smoke signals, note by carrier pigeon, or message by pony express if there is news about the moms panel R2!!!
..... Now back to churning butter and candle making ......
You are hilarious! Hope u get your services soon!

zoe999pink is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-06-2012, 10:51 AM   #1143
zoe999pink
Earning My Ears

If today is not it, I will be sad, all this waiting! We are headed to a friends campground today, for a Halloween celebration, but I will be checking email constantly! Good luck there are a lot of great people out there who deserve this! It's really weird how Disney fanatics are all usually nice people!

zoe999pink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:58 AM   #1144
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

If its not today I'm guessing Tuesday due to the holiday

Hang in there guys- this is only the beginning (I hope!).

Last year the email arrived at 2:46pm cst on saturday afternoon. Not they I remember or anything. Hahahahahahaha

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
longhorns2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 11:21 AM   #1145
bjkbrady
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by iMinnie View Post
Hmmm..... I re-read the original confirmation email I received after applying. I'm wondering if we will get emails if we aren't selected for R2?!

Since this is my first year applying I don't know if this is what the emails have always said in the past?!

"Applicants who are selected for the next round in the application process will be contacted via email by a representative from Walt Disney World® Resort. Due to the high number of submissions, we will be unable to contact applicants not chosen to advance to the next round."
It has said the same thing each year but I have always received a "thank you but no thank you" type of e-mail (Not a fan of calling it a reject e-mail)!
bjkbrady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 12:24 PM   #1146
logpey
Disney or bust!

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigrLvsPooh View Post
Hello everyone! 5 days before they can restore services to everyone affected. {{Yikes!}} Hopefully someone here at the DIS can send me smoke signals, note by carrier pigeon, or message by pony express if there is news about the moms panel R2!!!
..... Now back to churning butter and candle making ......
Good luck with the power issue, that sucks, no other words for it...I will send word to you somehow--- if we hear news! look for smoke signals in Mickey Mouse shapes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamgirl View Post
Hope today is the day..however I will
Lots to distract me today...I hope all of you find a happy distraction as well!
Happy Lovely Birthday to all involved, how nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorns2 View Post
If its not today I'm guessing Tuesday due to the holiday
Hang in there guys- this is only the beginning (I hope!).
Last year the email arrived at 2:46pm cst on saturday afternoon. Not they I remember or anything. Hahahahahahaha
Hilarious, I laughed when I read the exact time, I was just asking my daughter what time did I receive email from MP, then I saw this! GREAT...
2004 May/WL
2007 July S/D
2010 July/Aug/POLY CL
2011 July/POLY CL
2012 Mar/Aulani
2012 Sept/POR 2013 Feb/BCR CL 2013 OCT POR 2014 July/DCL
http://s809.photobucket.com/albums/zz17/logpey/ https://picasaweb.google.com/1069180...eat=directlink
Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=43064690#post43064690
Dawn's Blog:http://dawnsdorkydiary.wordpress.com Disney podcast- http://mousequestpodcast.com/subscribe/
logpey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 01:21 PM   #1147
dizneygirl1991
DisneyLady1991

Keeping Busy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Disney Mom View Post
Hopefully we find out today!! Pixie dust to all!!
Thanks! I think we all need lots of pixie dust while we are waiting. I am keeping super busy with the kiddies, house stuff, and anything I can think of to keep from checking email...but it's hard to stay away for too long. Good Luck to everyone!!!

First Trip 1991 WDW * 1992 WDW * 1996 WDW * 1999 WDW * 2000 DL * 2002 WDW * 2008 WDW * 2009 WDW * 2010 DCL * 2010 WDW * 2010 WDW * 2011 WDW * 2011 WDW * 2011 WDW * 2012 WDW * 2012 WDW * future 2013 DLR!!

Proud DVC Member BLT since 2010
Disney Resorts: BLT, BWV, BWI, WL, AKV, Poly, GF, CONT, POR
Disney Cruises: Magic

(me) (DH) (DS10) (DD7) (DD7)
dizneygirl1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 01:26 PM   #1148
shinysparklybubbles
DIS Veteran

I got exciting, non Disney related news! My mom is coming home from FL to visit for a week! Her and my dad split their time between NJ and FL and she's been in FL for a while and I've been missing her (and so has my son!) super excited for her visit! She will be here Monday!
Old 10-06-2012, 02:04 PM   #1149
MickeyMomTo2
Lauren S. @baseballsbows

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjkbrady

It has said the same thing each year but I have always received a "thank you but no thank you" type of e-mail (Not a fan of calling it a reject e-mail)!
Sorry I phrased it that way. I wasn't trying to say it negatively. "Thank you, but no thank you" is a better description. I really don't take the "no" email personally (well, I might take it personally for about 30 seconds).

Last edited by MickeyMomTo2; 10-06-2012 at 02:16 PM.
MickeyMomTo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 03:48 PM   #1150
pl'smama
A distant relation

Wow, this time around the waiting is killing me :-(. I am out and about today and have been jumping from email, to FB, to The DIS and then back again. They need to put us out of our misery :-(

Suz
MapleMouseMama

My awesome new blog www.MapleMouseMama.com
pl'smama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 03:59 PM   #1151
tiana&naveen&3
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinysparklybubbles
I got exciting, non Disney related news! My mom is coming home from FL to visit for a week! Her and my dad split their time between NJ and FL and she's been in FL for a while and I've been missing her (and so has my son!) super excited for her visit! She will be here Monday!
How much fun! You all will have a blast with her ;-)
tiana&naveen&3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 04:01 PM   #1152
tiana&naveen&3
Earning My Ears

Reminder: make sure to keep eye on your "spam" folder too....don't delete until you scan the contents! (Just in case your "yes" goes to your spam/junk folder by mistake)
tiana&naveen&3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 04:07 PM   #1153
DisFanInCO
Mouseketeer

Hmm, I guess today is not the day, huh? It's 5pm on the East Coast now, so probably not very likely to come in today. Bummer. I was hoping I would be able to stop acting like a crazy person

Going to be celebrating my mom's bday tonight, so signing off for the day. Hope you all have a great night and sending pixie dust out again for another day of waiting!

You can also find me on twitter @disfaninco or at http://www.disfaninco.com
DisFanInCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 04:18 PM   #1154
shalecesjourney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisFanInCO
Hmm, I guess today is not the day, huh? It's 5pm on the East Coast now, so probably not very likely to come in today. Bummer. I was hoping I would be able to stop acting like a crazy person

Going to be celebrating my mom's bday tonight, so signing off for the day. Hope you all have a great night and sending pixie dust out again for another day of waiting!
Last year, Round 3 emails were sent out at 10:18PM. So, I don't think we can rule anything out!

Our Pixar Themed Craft Pumpkins

May 2011 10 Nights Deluxe Dining Reviews

1981-2008 - 17 trips to Disney, 05/08 - Pop Century, 08/08 - Disneyland, 08/09 - Pop Century, 10/09 - BWV, 06/10 - Pop Century, 07/10 - POFQ, 08/10 - BC, 10/10 - BC, 12/10 - BC, 05/11 - POFQ, 10/11 - BC, 05/12 - POFQ, 05/12 - POR, 07/12 - AoA Cars Suite, POR Royal Room, 09/12 - Pop Century, 01/13 - POFQ, 02/13 - BC
shalecesjourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 04:21 PM   #1155
TheDisneyMama
Mouseketeer

Hoping this weekend we hear some news!!!!
I have tried to not think about it... But it's very hard to do!! Disney is ALWAYS on my mind!!
TheDisneyMama is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: