Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2012, 07:03 AM   #1066
marhs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by logpey View Post
It was fabulous meeting a few of the guys & dolls Ive spoken with for years on this website & other social media outlets. Disney brought us together & there really is no LOVE like Disney LOVE!
I accomplished so many firsts this WDW trip, no matter how many times you go--there are firsts to be had, heres my list:
Solo trip (without hubby & kids),Rundisney race, MNSSHP, F&W Festival, POR stay, also first meeting with Disney friends (Disney Divas) from social media sites & none of them were NUTS except me, lol (I dodged a bullet there), but these peeps were "real" & most looked like their current avatar, lol!!!
Another first for me was--challenging myself to try new things & you know "be uncomfortable" -- to see what your made of, so I went solo to Magic Kingdom on my last night & rode rides, shopped & watched some of the MNSSHP parade all by myself, it was funny having a picture on Buzz Lightyear Spaceship Spin by myself, I was a Star Cadet but I was missing my Galactic Hero (I will post pic later, its funny) A few Disney Divas met up with me for a portion of the night & that was also fun, a group of women brought together by Disney LOVE is a powerful thing & really just having good, non judgemental (we all know how women can be), innocent fun together made for a delightful end to my trip!!

I'm wishing good thoughts to everyone trying out for the Moms Panel & here's hoping 2nd round news is coming this weekend!!
Sounds so wonderful! I wish I could have been there to meet so many of you and just experience Disney in a way that is different from a Disney family trip. I'm thrilled that it was such a great experience for you!
marhs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:20 AM   #1067
Blytheny
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back & discover they were the big things!

Location: Marcellus, NY (way too far away from my happy place!)

Question

Quick question... I can't remember the dates that we got our e-mails one way or the other the past few years, and I didn't apply last year... I know it's been around Oct 8-10, but were the e-mails only sent out on wkdays? Did any of them get sent out on a wknd? Curious b/c of the wknd coming up, obviously... ... but also because I'm working the whole thing, and as a night-shift nurse, I am sleeping all day!! so, I know I will sleep MUCH better if I believe we won't hear anything 'til Monday, if we don't hear today or tomorrow!

Past trips-3x's offsite, May 06 CBR, Oct 07 ASSP, Dec 08 CBR, Jan 09 ASMu Girls' wknd,
Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan '11 Girls' wknd, Aug '11 CBR,Oct '11 AKL,October '12 OKW,CR,BWV

Next - August '13 - CBR

www.disneyforlife.blogspot.com
Blytheny is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-04-2012, 07:35 AM   #1068
dizneygirl1991
DisneyLady1991

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blytheny
Quick question... I can't remember the dates that we got our e-mails one way or the other the past few years, and I didn't apply last year... I know it's been around Oct 8-10, but were the e-mails only sent out on wkdays? Did any of them get sent out on a wknd? Curious b/c of the wknd coming up, obviously... ... but also because I'm working the whole thing, and as a night-shift nurse, I am sleeping all day!! so, I know I will sleep MUCH better if I believe we won't hear anything 'til Monday, if we don't hear today or tomorrow!
Last year, we heard on a Saturday about R2. Perhaps that will be the case this year? Only time will tell. Happy Waiting to all of us. I am keeping as busy as possible.

First Trip 1991 WDW * 1992 WDW * 1996 WDW * 1999 WDW * 2000 DL * 2002 WDW * 2008 WDW * 2009 WDW * 2010 DCL * 2010 WDW * 2010 WDW * 2011 WDW * 2011 WDW * 2011 WDW * 2012 WDW * 2012 WDW * future 2013 DLR!!

Proud DVC Member BLT since 2010
Disney Resorts: BLT, BWV, BWI, WL, AKV, Poly, GF, CONT, POR
Disney Cruises: Magic

(me) (DH) (DS10) (DD7) (DD7)
dizneygirl1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:37 AM   #1069
Jump4Joy8390
DVC Owners since 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blytheny View Post
Hi Blythe!

The year before, we heard on Oct 12, which was a Tuesday. So, there's no real way to predict (weekday vs. weekend)! Both times, we had until the Friday to get our submissions in. So, by this time next week, we should know if we're moving on! I think we'll hear tomorrow!

Then the waiting will start all over again! Good luck!
2009 - Vero Beach / Beach Club Villas / Saratoga Springs (Feb/Mar) / Caribbean Beach (Aug)
2010 - Boardwalk Villas / Disney Wonder / Saratoga Springs (Feb/Mar) Kidani Village / Wilderness Lodge (Dec)
2011 - Pop Century / Vero Beach / Disney Dream / Old Key West (Mar) / Kidani Village / Port Orleans French Quarter / Saratoga Springs (Aug)
2012 - Boardwalk Villas / Disney Dream / Vero Beach / Saratoga Springs
2013 - Bay Lake Tower / Disney Fantasy / Beach Club Villas (Mar) / Coronado Springs /Jambo House / Saratoga Springs (Aug)
Jump4Joy8390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:58 AM   #1070
arbolita
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jump4Joy8390 View Post
Hi Blythe!

The year before, we heard on Oct 12, which was a Tuesday. So, there's no real way to predict (weekday vs. weekend)! Both times, we had until the Friday to get our submissions in. So, by this time next week, we should know if we're moving on! I think we'll hear tomorrow!

Then the waiting will start all over again! Good luck!
I think we'll know by Monday at the latest, especially with the lower capacity for submissions this year. Although with Monday being a Federal holiday (Columbus Day), who knows?
June 1990 - Offsite * June 2008 - Offsite- Got Engaged! * September 2009 - CSR - Disneymoon * October 2010 - POP/POR * June 2011 - CBR * December 2011 - Offsite - Farewell to Jaws * February 2012 - One More Disney Day-Video Trip Report - ASMu * January 2013 - SSR Old, New & Long Lost Friends, w/ a Side of Frump! * August 2013 - Puns, a Fun Run and 1901 - Our first trip to Disneyland! * May 2014 - BLT/AKV

*NEW!!!* August Trip Report: Puns, a Fun Run and 1901 - Our first trip to Disneyland!

Follow me on Twitter! @GertieTheDino89
arbolita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:22 AM   #1071
MagicalAmandaFay
A dream is a wish your heart makes...

Disney Magic

I love hearing all of these stories! I was lucky enough to be part of the magic. My college program took place during the year of a million dreams. I worked at the Yacht and Beach Club in recreation, and I also did some work at the Boardwalk. Because of my job I was able to work in several areas. When working at Lakeside Marina it was part of my job to help find a family in the mornings to help scare a pirate off of Crescent Lake. We couldn't safely open until we were able to clear out the pirates. We would take them out onto the lake and run out the pirates. Sometimes they would even find a little treasure chest left behind in the pirate ship. The kids had so much fun helping us out!

At the Boardwalk, everyday they would choose a family checking in to get the royal treatment. They would bring in CMs from every area (housekeeping, front desk, recreation, etc.) to help roll out the red carpet. We all had our noise makers to welcome that family home as we lined the red carpet. The kids were given balloons and stickers and everyone cheered for them. I loved being a part of something like that. It really made the trip special for those families, and something they will never forget.

I also worked at the Community Hall and Sandcastle club. I developed many relationships with families while working there. I would have the same kids come in everyday, and that really lets you get to know them. Now I was only there for 7 months for my CP, but many CMs have been there for years. We would have lots of guests come back asking when certain CMs worked. It really is amazing how guests remember and form relationships with CMs. I think it's wonderful!
MagicalAmandaFay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 02:31 PM   #1072
Suzanne033
Nobody on their deathbed ever wishes they spent more time at the office.

It's awful quiet around here!!!
1986 - Off-Site; 1997 - Thanksgiving - Polynesian; 2001 - Christmas - All Star Sports; 2004 - Beach Club/Disney Wonder; 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 - AAU Volleyball Nationals @ WWoS; 2013 - Mom Panel Training - Boardwalk; 2014 - Christmas - Grand Floridian

MouseQuest Podcast - The MQ is your HQ for all things Disney
Suzanne033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:20 PM   #1073
FlyingBelle
Official Tag Fairy Underwear Designer
"MacGyver's" her bras with duct tape and toilet paper
Frutty Pebbles doesn't taste the same with ranch dressing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne033 View Post

It's awful quiet around here!!!
Quiet before the storm!!
Many times as a child | Fort Wilderness Campground 1996 | Off-Property Mar 1999 | CS May 1999 | ASSp Aug 1999 | Dixie Landings Jan 2000 | Dixie Landings Feb 2001| WL Feb 2002 | Disney Wonder Cruise Jan 2003 | WL Sep 2004 | Swan Feb 2005 |WL Oct 2005 | POR - Aug 2006 | WLV - Jan/Feb 2007 | WL Family Trip - Sep 2008! Bella's first trip to Disney! | Buena Vista Suites - Dec 08 | Disneyland - Nov 2009 | Disneyland - June 2010 | POP - July 2010 Disneyland - October 2010 | ASMu & Disney Wonder December 2010 | ASMu Jan 2011| Disneyland Sept 2011 | ASMu Jan 2012 | No Kids Trip! Pirate room at CB - Mar 2012| Disneyland - April 2012| Disneyland - July 2012| Disneyland - August 2012 | ASSp - September 2012| Disney Dream 3 night cruise - Nov 2012 | Split-Stay: AKL - Feb 2014/ASMo - March 2014
FlyingBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:42 PM   #1074
dsiind
DisneyDad

Hidey Ho!

So I have been deliberately absent from the thread, because I figured all you wanted was some washed up has-been from the panel pestering you.

But as with all good things, I could not stay away. Too much fun to sit and wait with you all, even if I don't have a skin in the game. So excited for the next stage to come. Hope you all hear soon. And as in the past, if the letter is not the one you hoped for, remember that it is really a roll of the dice. It is not a reflection on you, but just a game of chance.

Good Luck to all!

Creator of WDW Complete Travel Guide iPhone Application
Author of The Complete Idiot's Guide to Walt Disney World
Member of the Walt Disney World Moms Panel
DIS Dads Club #526 / NDD #50
I am not a Disney employee. The postings here are my own and do not represent the positions or opinions of the Disney Company.
dsiind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:15 PM   #1075
WDWTeri
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsiind View Post
So I have been deliberately absent from the thread, because I figured all you wanted was some washed up has-been from the panel pestering you.

But as with all good things, I could not stay away. Too much fun to sit and wait with you all, even if I don't have a skin in the game. So excited for the next stage to come. Hope you all hear soon. And as in the past, if the letter is not the one you hoped for, remember that it is really a roll of the dice. It is not a reflection on you, but just a game of chance.

Good Luck to all!
The highlight of my day yesterday, was Amazon delivering your 2013 edition to my door!
WDWTeri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:11 PM   #1076
DisFanInCO
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Good Luck to all!
Thanks Doug! We love having panel members come sprinkle pixie dust in our waiting room, so please stop by any time!

Visit my little corner of the Disney community at http://www.disfaninco.com or follow me on twitter @disfaninco
DisFanInCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:49 PM   #1077
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!

Quote:

Good Luck to all!
Thanks so much for stopping by! Love to hear from the members, as it gives each of us more hope!
Marshay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:31 PM   #1078
khiguchi
Mouseketeer

One of my former CM coworkers posted this recent video that Disney released called, "I am a Princess." It is wonderful! I hope you all enjoy and share with your friends, daughters, mothers and all loved ones!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUGn...e_gdata_player

Gearing up for 2013 Wine and Dine Half Marathon, BQ Attempt #3 at Space Coast Marathon, the Inaugural WDW 10K and my third go at runDisney Mom!

SHIAWASE LIFE : MY BLOG ABOUT RUNNING, DISNEY & LIVING A HAPPY LIFE! / Follow me on twitter at @krissymmurphy

2013 DISNEYLAND HALF MARATHON AND DUMBO DARE TRIP: GRAND CALIFORNIAN - 2013 TINKER BELL HALF MARATHON TRIP: GRAND CALIFORNIAN & PARADISE PIER - 2013 WDW MARATHON TRIP: BAY LAKE TOWER & BEACH CLUB VILLAS -PRINCESS 1/2 TRIP: BOARDWALK VILLAS 2012 - AULANI 2011 - DL HALF TRIP: THE VILLAS AT DISNEY'S GRAND CALIFORNIAN 2011 - WDW 1/2 TRIP: SARATOGA SPRINGS 2011 - THE VILLAS AT DISNEY'S GRAND CALIFORNIAN 2010 - CORONADO SPRINGS 2010 - DISNEY MAGIC 2009 - GRAND FLORIDIAN 2009 - DISNEY WONDER 2009 (FEB & MAR) - DAKL 2009 - POR 2008 - DISNEY WONDER 2008 - WDW GUEST RELATIONS & TOURS 2007-2010 - DISNEY WONDER 2007 - WDWCP 2006-2007 - POP CENTURY 2005 -
khiguchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:46 PM   #1079
uccats97
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by khiguchi View Post
One of my former CM coworkers posted this recent video that Disney released called, "I am a Princess." It is wonderful! I hope you all enjoy and share with your friends, daughters, mothers and all loved ones!!

Wow! Love it! I want to get the transcript on a poster and hang it my daughters' bedrooms!

Me DH DS(18) DD(11) DD(9) DD(6)
1979-2000 Too many WDW day trips to count!
2001 DL/CA offsite, 2002 WDW offsite, 2003 WDW offsite, 2005 WDW offsite, 2007 WDW offsite, 2009 WDW offsite (Spring), 2009 WDW SSR (July), 2010 WDW ASMovies, 2011 WDW offsite (June), 2011 WDW, MVMCP Doubletree DTD (December), 2012 WDW offsite (June), 2012 DL/CA, minus the kids, offsite (December), 2013 WDW Princess Half Marathon weekend ASMusic (Feb), 2013 WDW AoA Cars Suite (June), 2014 WDW Pop Century Mother/Daughter trip (March/April), 2014 WDW POR Tower of Terror 10 Miler (October)
uccats97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:57 PM   #1080
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by khiguchi View Post

Thanks for sharing!! Can't wait to share with my girls in the morning!
Marshay is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: