Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2012, 05:35 PM   #1036
uccats97
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by khiguchi View Post
Thanks, girl! I didn't feel like going out to lunch in the rain today so I took a moment and wrote out this Magical Moment on a Word doc to save Hope y'all enjoy

It was just another ‘day in the life’ of working a greeter shift – as the CM assigned to the far reaches of Fantasyland that afternoon, I was headed onto the old ‘express walkway’ the connected Mickey’s Toontown Fair with Tomorrowland when I came upon a family that looked a little turned around.

I walked up to them – mom, dad and an adorable 8 or 9 year old daughter - and asked if they needed help. They looked relieved at my offer of assistance and let me know that they were trying to find the way out of the park. I let them know that I’d be happy to assist them!

As we started our walk, I noticed that the little girl was wearing a lanyard adorned with many carefully chosen pins, so I struck up a little conversation with her. She seemed kind of shy, so I was sure to stick with simple questions that could be answered in yes or no head nods. We were walking a little ahead of her parents and she seemed pretty peppy to be the “leader.”

Before long, we reached the end of the path and the parents remarked that they knew where they were then. We were right near the Space Mountain Arcade are when I noticed the little girl intently staring at my hip lanyard so I asked her if she’d like to take a look at the pins up close.

She nodded, took a step closer, held my lanyard in her hand and looked up, then asked, slowly, “Would you like to trade with me?”
“Of course,” I smiled, “which one would you like to trade?”

We made the exchange and she confidently exclaimed, “THANK YOU!” before skipping off, causing her dad to jog up to catch up with her. I stopped to ask her mom if they needed anything else when I realized she was covering her mouth and shaking her head back and forth.

“Is everything alright?” I asked, concerned.

Her mom stopped, breathed in and said, “Oh yes, it definitely is….you see…our daughter has never spoken to anyone in public before and her doctors were worried that she never would….we just…thaink you. Thank you so much. You don’t know what this means to her – and to us.”

My jaw almost hit the floor. I felt like I was in a movie, a scripted scene…something unreal…but then I realized that I kind of was – in the best way possible.

At Disney, dreams really do come true. Sometimes they don’t seem as big as the castle, or as loud as the fireworks, but those were the moments that made everything matter.

P.S.
I had no idea what to say after the little girl’s mom spoke to me. But I am sure she understood why

You have to stop posting these tear-jerker stories! Just kidding! It is awesome knowing how you have been able to change lives just by doing your job! What a privilege!

Me DH DS(18) DD(11) DD(9) DD(6)
1979-2000 Too many WDW day trips to count!
2001 DL/CA offsite, 2002 WDW offsite, 2003 WDW offsite, 2005 WDW offsite, 2007 WDW offsite, 2009 WDW offsite (Spring), 2009 WDW SSR (July), 2010 WDW ASMovies, 2011 WDW offsite (June), 2011 WDW, MVMCP Doubletree DTD (December), 2012 WDW offsite (June), 2012 DL/CA, minus the kids, offsite (December), 2013 WDW Princess Half Marathon weekend ASMusic (Feb), 2013 WDW AoA Cars Suite (June), 2014 WDW Pop Century Mother/Daughter trip (March/April), 2014 WDW Pop Century Birthday Surprise (July), 2014 WDW POR Tower of Terror 10 Miler (October)
uccats97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 06:06 PM   #1037
disneydreamgirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks, girl! I didn't feel like going out to lunch in the rain today so I took a moment and wrote out this Magical Moment on a Word doc to save Hope y'all enjoy
Such a Magical Moment and I completely enjoyed it!
DCL Fantasy-Oct'14 First-time cruisers!
disneydreamgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-02-2012, 06:07 PM   #1038
khiguchi
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DopeyinCO View Post
That is a wonderful experience. I have a son who is autistic, so in a way I understand the mom's reply to you. Any time, you see a child with a social disability coming out of their own world to interact with someone else means the world to that parent. It is almost like seeing them break down the walls in their own brains, overcoming theses issues that keep them to themselves. Giving us a chance to see the persons they really are. You gave that mom that moment. A great story to share, thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne033 View Post
That is a beautiful story. I am literally choked up right now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneygirl1991 View Post
khiguchi's story is very touching. Thanks for sharing your magical moment!
Quote:
Originally Posted by uccats97 View Post
You have to stop posting these tear-jerker stories! Just kidding! It is awesome knowing how you have been able to change lives just by doing your job! What a privilege!
I am glad to share these stories with y'all because I know that you all truly "get" the Disney sentimentality! Sometimes when I am missing Disney, I get into reminiscing and my ever-practical hubs will make some sort of comment like, "but remember your crappy hours? I bet you don't miss that lowly paycheck." Le sigh! What can ya do?

Anywho, I look forward to reading some of y'alls great CM interactions. The ones so far have been great - Slapstick studios! Character greetings! Oh, I love it all Besides, I think it really does help pass the time as we wait to hear more news...until then, we'll just keep on truckin'

Gearing up for 2013 Wine and Dine Half Marathon, BQ Attempt #3 at Space Coast Marathon, the Inaugural WDW 10K and my third go at runDisney Mom!

SHIAWASE LIFE : MY BLOG ABOUT RUNNING, DISNEY & LIVING A HAPPY LIFE! / Follow me on twitter at @krissymmurphy

2013 DISNEYLAND HALF MARATHON AND DUMBO DARE TRIP: GRAND CALIFORNIAN - 2013 TINKER BELL HALF MARATHON TRIP: GRAND CALIFORNIAN & PARADISE PIER - 2013 WDW MARATHON TRIP: BAY LAKE TOWER & BEACH CLUB VILLAS -PRINCESS 1/2 TRIP: BOARDWALK VILLAS 2012 - AULANI 2011 - DL HALF TRIP: THE VILLAS AT DISNEY'S GRAND CALIFORNIAN 2011 - WDW 1/2 TRIP: SARATOGA SPRINGS 2011 - THE VILLAS AT DISNEY'S GRAND CALIFORNIAN 2010 - CORONADO SPRINGS 2010 - DISNEY MAGIC 2009 - GRAND FLORIDIAN 2009 - DISNEY WONDER 2009 (FEB & MAR) - DAKL 2009 - POR 2008 - DISNEY WONDER 2008 - WDW GUEST RELATIONS & TOURS 2007-2010 - DISNEY WONDER 2007 - WDWCP 2006-2007 - POP CENTURY 2005 -
khiguchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 06:13 PM   #1039
skater
Change sometimes stinks.. doesn't it?
I love to hear WWII stories

DH thinks I'm back here planning for a class, but these stories are side tracking me . Wish I could teach a Disney World class .
skater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:07 PM   #1040
akasleepingbeauty
My favorite place to run is Disney!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahorn View Post
Thanks so much for thinking of me, I have not interviewed yet I spoke with hr, and they said a recruiter would be calling but I haven't been called yet. I'm afraid I might be overqualified with a bachelors degree to be a teller. I talked to the girl who recommended me said not to give up hope yet but I live with a glass half empty unfortunately. I guess we will see, I'm hoping something opens up somewhere I am so miserable at my job and frustrated with the little pay I get and crappy benefits. Being a single mom is so tough.
I hope something opens up for you - it sounds like you are ready for a new opportunity and I am sure you will be a great asset for the company lucky enough to have you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemy3girls View Post
In case anyone is interested in hearing about the luncheon yesterday, I just did a small write up about it on my blog.
Http://thefloridafamily.com
The luncheon was fun. Now I really want to make the panel!
Thanks for taking the time to write about your experience! It looks like a great time was had by all

Quote:
Originally Posted by uccats97 View Post
I agree! Life has been chaotic this past week or so. I haven't had time to think about the panel except in a dream one night. Of course, I knew the perfect answer to describe my favorite memory and then woke up and thought "which memory was it?".

It's all about injuries and doctor's appts this week for us. My son got a concussion in football practice which has resulted in 2 appts. One daughter fell off her bike and has a possible fractured humerus, 2 more appts. Another daughter has a scheduled dr appt Weds. Hubby saw the chiropractor today and goes again Weds. And Girl Scouts has started up with a camping trip over the weekend and a meeting on...Weds of course! Too busy to think! Here's hoping it's all good news so the family can get on the recovery track!

Oh yeah, tomorrow starts my official training program for the Princess half in Feb. Guess I won't be short on thoughts to occupy my time!
Yikes - you have had a lot to contend with!! I hope everyone is recovering and that the worst is behind you! Yay for Princess training - lots of us runDisney veterans here willing to help if you have any questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by hezzie View Post
I'll start with the most memorable experience with a CM: It was out first trip to WDW with the kids (DS3 and DD5). We had breakfast at Cinderella's castle the day before and we were in EPCOT in France to get a picture with the Beast. We had met Belle the previous day at the castle and wanted to see if we could get the both of them together. We were in the little room just off the walkway waiting for them to arrive. When Belle and the Beast came down the stairs, my DS took a few steps back behind me as Beast was a bit overwhelming. My DD went right up and was ready to pose, but my DS was not about to get any closer.

Belle comes over, squats down eye level with him and tells him she remembers meeting him yesterday at Cinderella's Castle and that it would be great if he would come get his picture taken with her friend. She stands up, he grabs her hand and the two of them walk over to pose for the picture!

I was in awe that she not only remembered us, but where it was she met us. To this day Belle is my favorite princess because of what that CM did that morning.
What a sweet story!!

Quote:
As a member of the 2008 Magic Kingdom Dream Squad, I was lucky enough to be the CM to tell a guest that was exiting Buzz Lightyear's Spaceranger Spin that she had won a night in Cinderella Castle! It was truly an amazing moment - the woman was a young mother and had been aboard the ride with her husband and adorable toddler twin boys! When we revealed her prize, she burst into tears and her boys said, "Hooray, mommy gets to be a princess." I almost died!!
How awesome it must have been to deliver that message - so wanted to win a stay in that suite!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAHDad View Post
Obviously, I would love for that to be the case. But, I am doubtful that a second addition will be a guy. My reasoning (though admittedly cynical) is that, if you look at the run Disney FB page, most of the pics are of women. And the ToT race the other day was apparently about 65% women, unless the numbers got updated. run Disney seems to be content with women being the primary runner for all of their races - I've actually had a couple of runners ask me if men can run Disney races - not the Princess or the Tink, but the marathon weekend ones!
It does seem that runDisney has increased their focus on women participants over the last few years. It is well-known that women are making up more and more of the endurance market and that they are more likely to travel to a destination (like WDW or DLR) with a group of friends for a race than men in general. Therefore, Disney, as a business, has targeted this audience and the result is a current focus on women. I hope, despite this focus, that runDisney events continue to be full of participants of both genders, all ages, and at all speeds as this is one of my favorite aspects of running with Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbolita View Post
Sorry I have not been contributing much to the conversation! It's a bit of a crazy time here at work with certain events happening. I also interviewed last week for a position at one of the top 3 companies for whom I want to work, and the anxiety over waiting to hear back from them has topped my wondering about the Mom's Panel!
I hope you receive great news from your interview - I can certainly see why thoughts of a new job would trump worrying about the Mom's Panel

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamgirl View Post
One of my favourite CM interactions was at Innoventions West in Slapstick Studios. My sister and I had travelled together for my milestone birthday and it was her actual birthday that day. My birthday button had 'Pod' on it (my childhood nickname) and my sister's had 'Jeb-Jeb' on hers (for Jill-E-Bean). We were picked to play this hysterical game where you have to diaper cabbage patch dolls on a conveyor belt, but prior to playing the CM gives out team names. The CM wishes me 'Happy Birthday' and then asks if that day was my actual birthday and I had to say 'no', because it wasn't but I did say it was my sister's actual birthday. He then makes a really big deal about our button names and asked were these our actual names...we say 'No' and he then asks us 'what else are you hiding about yourselves???' This guy was so funny and by that point everyone was laughing pretty hard at the antics. Well, we almost bust our guts laughing and the audience roared when he named us 'Team Liarface'! This guy was so funny, and we still laugh about that interaction and the chaos that ensued playing that game. We had such a great trip that we've decided that we are returning for her next milestone birthday for more of this: !
That must have been hysterical and what a fun memory to share with your sister!

Quote:

It was just another ‘day in the life’ of working a greeter shift – as the CM assigned to the far reaches of Fantasyland that afternoon, I was headed onto the old ‘express walkway’ the connected Mickey’s Toontown Fair with Tomorrowland when I came upon a family that looked a little turned around.

I walked up to them – mom, dad and an adorable 8 or 9 year old daughter - and asked if they needed help. They looked relieved at my offer of assistance and let me know that they were trying to find the way out of the park. I let them know that I’d be happy to assist them!

As we started our walk, I noticed that the little girl was wearing a lanyard adorned with many carefully chosen pins, so I struck up a little conversation with her. She seemed kind of shy, so I was sure to stick with simple questions that could be answered in yes or no head nods. We were walking a little ahead of her parents and she seemed pretty peppy to be the “leader.”

Before long, we reached the end of the path and the parents remarked that they knew where they were then. We were right near the Space Mountain Arcade are when I noticed the little girl intently staring at my hip lanyard so I asked her if she’d like to take a look at the pins up close.

She nodded, took a step closer, held my lanyard in her hand and looked up, then asked, slowly, “Would you like to trade with me?”
“Of course,” I smiled, “which one would you like to trade?”

We made the exchange and she confidently exclaimed, “THANK YOU!” before skipping off, causing her dad to jog up to catch up with her. I stopped to ask her mom if they needed anything else when I realized she was covering her mouth and shaking her head back and forth.

“Is everything alright?” I asked, concerned.

Her mom stopped, breathed in and said, “Oh yes, it definitely is….you see…our daughter has never spoken to anyone in public before and her doctors were worried that she never would….we just…thaink you. Thank you so much. You don’t know what this means to her – and to us.”

My jaw almost hit the floor. I felt like I was in a movie, a scripted scene…something unreal…but then I realized that I kind of was – in the best way possible.

At Disney, dreams really do come true. Sometimes they don’t seem as big as the castle, or as loud as the fireworks, but those were the moments that made everything matter.

P.S.
I had no idea what to say after the little girl’s mom spoke to me. But I am sure she understood why
That is a very magical story - I am so glad you shared it with us! I imagine that family includes this moment in their own special memories and thinks of you as a great blessing in their daughter's life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skater View Post
DH thinks I'm back here planning for a class, but these stories are side tracking me . Wish I could teach a Disney World class .
I'd love to teach a class on Disney too!
Old 10-02-2012, 08:10 PM   #1041
"Cinder" Ella's Mom
DIS Veteran

Thanks for sharing that amazing story.
"Cinder" Ella's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:21 PM   #1042
bunkkinsmom
No 9, so it's all good
frankly I thought they were pretty goo

OOOH OOOH! I wanna play!

I have 2 very different CM stories:

First....... 4 years ago our first WDW trip as an extended family. There were 8 of us. My MIL and FIL had never been to Disney and my SIL had been but never with kids. So there we are, 5 adults and 3 kids under 7, sitting in the window at Cosmic Rays on our first day in The World. My In-Laws were saying how great everything was and we were trying to explain that they hadn't even begun to see the entire picture. Then, out of the corner of my eye, I noticed something very strange. Where we were sitting we could see the front door of the restaurant from the outside. We were in a front window that sort of jutted out, so the front door was actually a little behind us. A CM was cleaning the outside windows of the front doors with glass cleaner. A child about 7 walked up to the door from the inside and stopped when he saw the CM, as if his way was being blocked. Without blinking and without hesitation, the CM took the glass cleaner foam spray and drew a tic-tac-toe board on the window. The child, also without hesitation pointed to the center square from the other side of the glass door. The CM put and X in that square and the kid nodded and smiled. The CM then placed his "O" and the child pointed to another square. Every time they finished a game, the CM would take his towel and erase the game and start over. This went on for over 10 minutes. I was in complete awe at the simplicity and effectiveness of this tiny piece of pixie dust. I told the in-laws "you see, it's not the just the grounds, or the rides, or the restaurants...... it's DISNEY. It just IS." They have been believers ever since.

Second...... 2 years ago all 8 of us went back. I called "Rick" from private events to see if I could schedule something special for MIL's birthday, which we were celebrating during the trip. Because of my Dis friends, I knew about a private dining location that was not on his list of available venues. He actually said on the phone "How did you know about that spot?!?!?!" I said, "The Disboards, why? Is that bad?" He let me know that this particular spot was reserved normally for celebrities and Company VIP's. I asked if that meant I couldn't have it, and he replied "Of course not! I'm just shocked that you knew to ask for it!" Rick set up a private desert buffet during Illuminations and promised us a true VIP experience. The big night came and I was very nervous, as I am customer service oriented and a bit of a control freak. There was an understated CM in a raincoat at the top of the ramp with a flashlight to show us down to the venue and she remained at the top the entire night. We had a private chef cooking crepes for us throughout the show. Then, just prior to Illuminations, Rick came down in person to wish MIL a happy birthday and to make sure everything was "Magical". Well of course it was! I thought maybe Rick was exaggerating the locale, so I asked the CM if this spot was really reserved for celebrities. She said, "Well, I was here last night with Gary Sinise. Does he count?" We were treated like royalty, and Rick even called me when we got home to follow up. A-flippin-mazing.

That makes it for me, the service sets Disney apart. Well, that and Dorma Nesmond!

Childhood Trips: Every other year from age 4-14 offsiteAdultTrip:1995 offsiteFamily Trips: November 01 Coronado Springs (pre-kids): Jan 09 OKW Jan 10 OKW : Jan 11 OKW : Jan 12 POR: Jan 14 CSR
bunkkinsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:41 PM   #1043
SAHDad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by akasleepingbeauty View Post
It does seem that runDisney has increased their focus on women participants over the last few years. It is well-known that women are making up more and more of the endurance market and that they are more likely to travel to a destination (like WDW or DLR) with a group of friends for a race than men in general. Therefore, Disney, as a business, has targeted this audience and the result is a current focus on women. I hope, despite this focus, that runDisney events continue to be full of participants of both genders, all ages, and at all speeds as this is one of my favorite aspects of running with Disney!
True, but it's also a combination of factors - women are more likely to be charity runners (yay charity runners!), and more likely to run halves and destination races. So, businesses like run Disney create women-themed events, which encourage women to run (and discourage men), so the disparity grows even larger, prompting more women-themed races, etc.

I'd love for run Disney to be full of participants of all stripes, but it looks like they are becoming more insular. (FWIW - I think they missed a huge boat on the Tink race - I wanted to see a Pirate & Princess race, with the women having a 10 minute head start, and then bragging rights going to either a Pirate or a Princess for the fastest clock time. But, anecdotally, I have heard that men running "too fast" is frowned upon at the Princess and the Tink races.)

Meh. Too despressing a thought for a Tuesday night. I've got a sick kid upstairs, so I need to read some more magical Disney stories!

Current running streak - 2017 days in a row. Yearly mileage to date: 179.1. Last update: 2/25/14.

All runners are equal. Some however, are apparently more equal than others.
SAHDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:27 PM   #1044
akasleepingbeauty
My favorite place to run is Disney!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAHDad View Post
True, but it's also a combination of factors - women are more likely to be charity runners (yay charity runners!), and more likely to run halves and destination races. So, businesses like run Disney create women-themed events, which encourage women to run (and discourage men), so the disparity grows even larger, prompting more women-themed races, etc.

I'd love for run Disney to be full of participants of all stripes, but it looks like they are becoming more insular. (FWIW - I think they missed a huge boat on the Tink race - I wanted to see a Pirate & Princess race, with the women having a 10 minute head start, and then bragging rights going to either a Pirate or a Princess for the fastest clock time. But, anecdotally, I have heard that men running "too fast" is frowned upon at the Princess and the Tink races.)

Meh. Too despressing a thought for a Tuesday night. I've got a sick kid upstairs, so I need to read some more magical Disney stories!
Sorry about your sick kiddo - hope some pixie dust will have him/her feeling better tomorrow!

I totally agree with you about the Tink race - I would have much preferred a Pixies and Pirates type race. So much potential for the shirts, medals, characters etc. Maybe when the women-centric marketing trend shifts they'll give it a makeover

I think that one more reason that women are more prominently featured visually in runDisney marketing materials is that women are more likely to find reassurance from knowing others like themselves are participating. I know when I signed up for my first runDisney event, I was very intimidated by the idea of sharing a course with "elite" athletes (even though we'd be nowhere near each other lol). It took reading stories here on the DIS boards about the WISH team and their members (men and women) who were, for the most part, "ordinary" athletes. I think there are many women who would not participate if they weren't reassured that they'd be sharing the course with others like themselves. The men I know who participate in endurance events don't seem to have this same worry in general and therefore probably don't respond to the same type of marketing.

I hope that you and many other male athletes (like my husband!) will continue to participate in runDisney events and share your feelings with them. I enjoy the events more sharing the course with every kind of athlete and want to see the races as inclusive as possible!
Old 10-02-2012, 10:47 PM   #1045
SAHDad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by akasleepingbeauty View Post
Sorry about your sick kiddo - hope some pixie dust will have him/her feeling better tomorrow!

I totally agree with you about the Tink race - I would have much preferred a Pixies and Pirates type race. So much potential for the shirts, medals, characters etc. Maybe when the women-centric marketing trend shifts they'll give it a makeover
Thanks. DD basically has some sort of lingering cough/congestion. It's not too bad during the day, but at night, she can hack pretty badly. No fever, so my guess is that she got my allergies and sinus issues - I' just better at blowing my nose during the day than she is.

I think the trend will switch sooner or later. DW works in an industry that is pretty sensitive to advertising trends, and she has been predicting that companies are going to start switching things fairly soon.

Anyway - I'd love to be on the Moms Panel, but the whole application process usually gets me feeling pretty down. On the plus side, I have a trip to WDW in just under 60 days, and then again in January, so there is always that to look forward to!

Current running streak - 2017 days in a row. Yearly mileage to date: 179.1. Last update: 2/25/14.

All runners are equal. Some however, are apparently more equal than others.
SAHDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 11:38 PM   #1046
snshine123
DIS Veteran

Email Address needed

So now to ask something completely not related to anything, but it will make the wait go faster.....I was lucky enough to be at the luncheon on Saturday (the cupcakes were AMAZING as was meeting everyone finally) While talking to Laura, I asked her for a Vegan Mac and Cheese recipe she had mentioned a while back as my husband is vegan and she said to email her at her WDW address. I have looked all over and can't find anything (but found a phone number) anyone have a clue as to what her email is as my husband now is all excited to taste the Mac and Cheese? Or is this like the "what's the secret ingredient in the Dole Whip" question? Will this get me any closer-no, probably not but it will sure make the hubby happy and maybe if he's happy I can get another trip out of it! Thanks all!

snshine123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 02:00 AM   #1047
ticofan
Mouseketeer

You Left Out a Detail

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunkkinsmom View Post
OOOH OOOH! I wanna play!

Second...... 2 years ago all 8 of us went back. I called "Rick" from private events to see if I could schedule something special for MIL's birthday, which we were celebrating during the trip. Because of my Dis friends, I knew about a private dining location that was not on his list of available venues. He actually said on the phone "How did you know about that spot?!?!?!" I said, "The Disboards, why? Is that bad?" He let me know that this particular spot was reserved normally for celebrities and Company VIP's. I asked if that meant I couldn't have it, and he replied "Of course not! I'm just shocked that you knew to ask for it!" Rick set up a private desert buffet during Illuminations and promised us a true VIP experience. The big night came and I was very nervous, as I am customer service oriented and a bit of a control freak. There was an understated CM in a raincoat at the top of the ramp with a flashlight to show us down to the venue and she remained at the top the entire night. We had a private chef cooking crepes for us throughout the show. Then, just prior to Illuminations, Rick came down in person to wish MIL a happy birthday and to make sure everything was "Magical". Well of course it was! I thought maybe Rick was exaggerating the locale, so I asked the CM if this spot was really reserved for celebrities. She said, "Well, I was here last night with Gary Sinise. Does he count?" We were treated like royalty, and Rick even called me when we got home to follow up. A-flippin-mazing.

That makes it for me, the service sets Disney apart. Well, that and Dorma Nesmond!
OK!! So where is this spot?!? You have me dangling.

ticofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 05:02 AM   #1048
DisneyLifeMel
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by snshine123 View Post
So now to ask something completely not related to anything, but it will make the wait go faster.....I was lucky enough to be at the luncheon on Saturday (the cupcakes were AMAZING as was meeting everyone finally) While talking to Laura, I asked her for a Vegan Mac and Cheese recipe she had mentioned a while back as my husband is vegan and she said to email her at her WDW address. I have looked all over and can't find anything (but found a phone number) anyone have a clue as to what her email is as my husband now is all excited to taste the Mac and Cheese? Or is this like the "what's the secret ingredient in the Dole Whip" question? Will this get me any closer-no, probably not but it will sure make the hubby happy and maybe if he's happy I can get another trip out of it! Thanks all!
Hi... She tweeted her email address not long ago: laura.spencer@disney.com . Enjoy the mac & cheese. If nothing else, a new recipe will certainly help pass the time while we wait for news!
Old 10-03-2012, 05:03 AM   #1049
bunkkinsmom
No 9, so it's all good
frankly I thought they were pretty goo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ticofan View Post
OK!! So where is this spot?!? You have me dangling.

LOL! It's so funny because when you see it you think, "Really? that's a secret?" It's called UK Pubside. It's between Rose and Crown patio and the outside terrace to the right. Very small, holds 10 people tops. I think it may even be open to the public during the day but closed off to Illuminations at night. It was the perfect viewing locale for the fireworks. PERFECT......

There are some AMAZING pictures in this thread:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2121903

Evidently it is a wedding event locale? When I called Private Dining I was sent the brochures online and all of the venues were very large. I had seen these pictures and emailed back requesting this spot, and was thrilled to get approval to be there. We really did feel like rock stars!

Childhood Trips: Every other year from age 4-14 offsiteAdultTrip:1995 offsiteFamily Trips: November 01 Coronado Springs (pre-kids): Jan 09 OKW Jan 10 OKW : Jan 11 OKW : Jan 12 POR: Jan 14 CSR
bunkkinsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 05:50 AM   #1050
disneydreamgirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunkkinsmom View Post
LOL! It's so funny because when you see it you think, "Really? that's a secret?" It's called UK Pubside. It's between Rose and Crown patio and the outside terrace to the right. Very small, holds 10 people tops. I think it may even be open to the public during the day but closed off to Illuminations at night. It was the perfect viewing locale for the fireworks. PERFECT......

There are some AMAZING pictures in this thread:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2121903

Evidently it is a wedding event locale? When I called Private Dining I was sent the brochures online and all of the venues were very large. I had seen these pictures and emailed back requesting this spot, and was thrilled to get approval to be there. We really did feel like rock stars!
I should be getting ready for work right now! Checked in for more CM stories - really enjoyed the new ones.

Thanks for the insider info, bunkkinsmom! Loved the thread of pics...what a great night...everything looked wonderful and that cake was spectacular!!

Ok, now I need to hustle my buns! Have a great day everyone!
DCL Fantasy-Oct'14 First-time cruisers!
disneydreamgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: