Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-12-2012, 10:11 PM   #91
Laurali
Mouseketeer

I think most count actual trips not days, but it would be a fun way to look at it!

Laurali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 07:52 AM   #92
cheer4bison
Mouseketeer

Best of luck to all of you!

Just wanted to pop in and wish you all the best of luck!

Nearly two years after joining the Moms Panel, I'm still pinching myself and expecting to wake up from this amazing dream. I can't begin to tell you how it has changed my life for the better.

There will no doubt be times during the application process when you will wonder if it is worth the stress, worry, and self-doubt. I assure you that it is. Have faith and give it your best shot. If your experience is like mine, it will far exceed any expectations you may have.

I can't wait to welcome our newest members of the family later this fall!

Best wishes,
Jill

cheer4bison is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-13-2012, 09:48 AM   #93
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheer4bison View Post
Just wanted to pop in and wish you all the best of luck!

Nearly two years after joining the Moms Panel, I'm still pinching myself and expecting to wake up from this amazing dream. I can't begin to tell you how it has changed my life for the better.

There will no doubt be times during the application process when you will wonder if it is worth the stress, worry, and self-doubt. I assure you that it is. Have faith and give it your best shot. If your experience is like mine, it will far exceed any expectations you may have.

I can't wait to welcome our newest members of the family later this fall!

Best wishes,
Jill
Jill,

It's so wonderful to see the Disney Mom's Panel members root us on! I am hoping that the strees, worry and self-doubt will be well worth it for me this year. I've applied many many times and hope that this year I will be sprinkled with the Mom's Panel pixie dust!

Thanks again for wishing us the best.

Lisa

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 11:33 AM   #94
bunkkinsmom
No 9, so it's all good
frankly I thought they were pretty goo

It's so great seeing everyone pop-in for the year!
I'm very excited!!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2865060

Childhood Trips: Every other year from age 4-14 offsiteAdultTrip:1995 offsiteFamily Trips: November 01 Coronado Springs (pre-kids): Jan 09 OKW Jan 10 OKW : Jan 11 OKW : Jan 12 POR: Jan 14 CSR
bunkkinsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 02:21 PM   #95
DisneyLifeMel
Mouseketeer

Hi everyone! We just returned from our magical Alaskan voyage on the Disney Wonder. I can't seem to unpack those suitcases sitting in my dining room. I have lots of photos and tons of memories of this wonderful vacation, and now I have the Mom's Panel Search to look forward to next month!!! Woo Hoo!
Old 08-14-2012, 06:33 PM   #96
shinysparklybubbles
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyLifeMel
Hi everyone! We just returned from our magical Alaskan voyage on the Disney Wonder. I can't seem to unpack those suitcases sitting in my dining room. I have lots of photos and tons of memories of this wonderful vacation, and now I have the Mom's Panel Search to look forward to next month!!! Woo Hoo!
I can't imagine how amazing that must have been! When my son is a little bit older that's on our to do list!
Old 08-14-2012, 06:36 PM   #97
beautygirlsmom
Mouseketeer

We did the Alaska cruise in June on the Wonder - I can't wait to go back! It was every bit as magical as I expected!

Anna
www.disneyworldmoms.com
beautygirlsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 11:36 PM   #98
DisneyLifeMel
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautygirlsmom View Post
We did the Alaska cruise in June on the Wonder - I can't wait to go back! It was every bit as magical as I expected!

Anna
www.disneyworldmoms.com
Hi Anna! I know what you mean about Alaska. It was completely magical.

Edited to add: I just posted a quick review of our cruise (with pics) - http://disneylifestyleblog.com/

Last edited by DisneyLifeMel; 08-15-2012 at 11:54 AM.
DisneyLifeMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 07:16 AM   #99
helloconnie
DIS Veteran

Question on the Application Qualifications

Does going on a Disney Cruise count for qualifying or does it need to be a vacation to the parks?

Proud DVC Member! Many visits to WDW, One Disney Cruise, and next year...Aulani!

helloconnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 07:58 AM   #100
DisneyLifeMel
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by helloconnie View Post
Does going on a Disney Cruise count for qualifying or does it need to be a vacation to the parks?
Hi Connie! I really don't know. It seems like last year's application asked for your last DLR or WDW travel dates specifically. However, if you are applying for the DCL specialty, then it would make sense to consider your last cruise dates.... I guess we will need to wait for the applications to be released.

Is it just me, or does September seem like a long way away!?
Old 08-15-2012, 10:43 PM   #101
penguins1
Mouseketeer

I think this is year five or so applying for this Disney Dad. I made it to round 2 last year. It was stressful so I can't imagine what making it past that must be like. I would like to find out though! Good luck everyone!
penguins1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 06:10 AM   #102
nobodies36
Addicted to Stitch!

Disney Auntie here! I made it to the video round last year (furthest I have got so far). I am hoping that with Brave being released my Scottish accent has become more accessible and, even if it wasn't me, it would be cute for the UK panelist to be from Scotland this year.

It would mean a lot to me to get in this year because there is a little person in my life that gets sicker every year and has limited time left and she would love to see her Stitch (that is what she calls me) as a Disney Mom and I would love to make her so very proud of me.

Pixie dust for everyone applying this year.
June 2005 - 21 nights Hilton Garden Inn @ Sea World; September 2006 - 28 nights Hilton Garden Inn @ Sea World; September 2007 - 14 Nights WDW POP & 10 nights Crowne Plaza Universal; September 2008 - 14 nights POP & 7 nights Hampton Inn @ Point Orlando; August 2009 - 21 nights @ PORS ; December 2009 - 14 nights @ BCV ; June 2010 - 16 nights July @ SSR/AKV ; December 2010 - 14 nights @ GRAND FLORIDIAN! (what an upgrade from Pop) ; September 2011 - 14 nights @ Contemporary Hospitality Suite (as they forgot to book my AKL room) ; March 2012- 14 nights @ AKV Kidani Village- 30th birthday trip! ; September 2012- 14 nights @ BCV ; September/October 2013- 16 nights @ POP/BLT ; April 5-12 2014 - Saturday Night Takeaway Trip to Universal Cabana Bay ; May/June 2014 - 14 nights at BCV ; September 2014 - 20 nights Pop Century/Cabana Bay
nobodies36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 06:42 AM   #103
bunkkinsmom
No 9, so it's all good
frankly I thought they were pretty goo

I'm getting more excited by the day! I love hearing everyone's stories and seeing the entire process. I would love to have the opportunity to see it first hand!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2865060

Childhood Trips: Every other year from age 4-14 offsiteAdultTrip:1995 offsiteFamily Trips: November 01 Coronado Springs (pre-kids): Jan 09 OKW Jan 10 OKW : Jan 11 OKW : Jan 12 POR: Jan 14 CSR
bunkkinsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 01:43 PM   #104
DopeyinCO
Earning My Ears

I'm applying too!

I am so glad this thread is up and running. I was a bit of a stalker last year. I am planning on applying.

A little about me, I have been married to my Prince Charming for 20 years. I am a SAHM to five kiddos, soon to be six, a twentieth anniversary present to each other. I have 3 boys (18, 12, 8) and two girls (16, 14) and like I said another on the way, due just about the time phone interviews occurred last year (made it to round 2 last year, hoping to make it farther this year). I wonder if a new baby will be a hindrance to the application process. My eight year old son is on the Autism Spectrum and said his first "yes" unprompted at Disney World. Disney has been an integral part of our family. I don't think the kids can remember a year in which we did not vacation at one Disney Park or another.

I have been to Disney World too many times to count and Disneyland just as many times. Living in Colorado, we alternate years to Disney World and to Disneyland. We have been DVC members since 2003 and just added on to our membership in June during our Disney Alaskan Cruise (a graduation present to our oldest; the cruise, not the points). Just saw Cars Land for the first time last weekend (It was awesome!) for a final Disney trip for our oldest under our roof. My husband just took our oldest to college (my husband's and my alma mater) this morning and was happy to see this thread to keep me a little distracted from my sadness. We both have new milestones this year.

I am looking forward to spending this next couple of months with you and staying distracted.

I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter.
Walt Disney

See ya real soon!

Angie
Old 08-17-2012, 08:15 PM   #105
shinysparklybubbles
DIS Veteran

My son and I went to the Disney Store today (we have one 10 mins away!!) and he was lucky enough to be the first person there and got to help open the store! It was so much fun and he got a souvenir key to imagination to keep. It honestly brought tears to my eyes! He was so happy and it just filled us both with magic!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: