Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2012, 11:30 AM   #991
disneydreamgirl
DIS Veteran

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2998991

Aaron (ADP) on the DisUnplugged Podcast Board has created a thread (link above) for people to post from WDW during all of this coming weekend's activities...thought I'd post the link here, just in case anyone wants to virtually be there. He, and others, do a great job of posting their experiences and photos.

Have a great time everyone who will be there!!! Can't wait to hear about your travel tales.
AKL-Oct'13:F&W & MNSSHP redo!
disneydreamgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 12:27 PM   #992
khiguchi
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamgirl View Post

Aaron (ADP) on the DisUnplugged Podcast Board has created a thread (link above) for people to post from WDW during all of this coming weekend's activities...thought I'd post the link here, just in case anyone wants to virtually be there. He, and others, do a great job of posting their experiences and photos.

Have a great time everyone who will be there!!! Can't wait to hear about your travel tales.
SO cool! Thanks for posting this, I am following now!!

Gearing up for 2013 Wine and Dine Half Marathon, BQ Attempt #3 at Space Coast Marathon, the Inaugural WDW 10K and my third go at runDisney Mom!

SHIAWASE LIFE : MY BLOG ABOUT RUNNING, DISNEY & LIVING A HAPPY LIFE! / Follow me on twitter at @krissymmurphy

2013 DISNEYLAND HALF MARATHON AND DUMBO DARE TRIP: GRAND CALIFORNIAN - 2013 TINKER BELL HALF MARATHON TRIP: GRAND CALIFORNIAN & PARADISE PIER - 2013 WDW MARATHON TRIP: BAY LAKE TOWER & BEACH CLUB VILLAS -PRINCESS 1/2 TRIP: BOARDWALK VILLAS 2012 - AULANI 2011 - DL HALF TRIP: THE VILLAS AT DISNEY'S GRAND CALIFORNIAN 2011 - WDW 1/2 TRIP: SARATOGA SPRINGS 2011 - THE VILLAS AT DISNEY'S GRAND CALIFORNIAN 2010 - CORONADO SPRINGS 2010 - DISNEY MAGIC 2009 - GRAND FLORIDIAN 2009 - DISNEY WONDER 2009 (FEB & MAR) - DAKL 2009 - POR 2008 - DISNEY WONDER 2008 - WDW GUEST RELATIONS & TOURS 2007-2010 - DISNEY WONDER 2007 - WDWCP 2006-2007 - POP CENTURY 2005 -
khiguchi is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-27-2012, 10:47 PM   #993
Laurali
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisFanInCO
Hi there,

Just wanted to pop in and wish all of you who are heading (or have already headed!) to WDW this weekend a fabulous trip! Good luck to all the runDISers - hope you all have great races

Can't wait to hear all about everyone's weekends and to see pics from the Moms panel luncheon! Wish I could be there with you all this weekend, but I'll enjoy following along from here in Colorado!
I'm right there with you! Go CO!

Laurali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 08:39 AM   #994
akasleepingbeauty
My favorite place to run is Disney!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahorn View Post
Ok ladies so I have been really unhappy at my job lately its too stressful so I have been applying elsewhere and I got a call from a local bank obviously I need more info money vacations hours ect, but now I'm freaking out I work as the secretary at the private school where my children attend. They will be fine but its me lol. I should at least look into this opportunity right? I have no 401k or anything here, no unemployment if I lose my job, a 0.25 cent raise every year.

If this job looks good it would be good for my whole family and my sanity. Talk me down from freaking out
I have thought of you several times since you posted this. Did you end up interviewing with the bank? I hope you find the perfect new position that makes you happy and has great benefits too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash&Wes07 View Post
Looking forward to seeing some of you at the TOT race next week! I'll be the one in the back, walking at a snails pace.
I hope you enjoy the race! No worries about going slow - just think about it as maximizing your time on the course in order to get the most out of your registration fee

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjkbrady View Post
Me Too! I be heading there on Thursday!
How exciting - have a great time!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi girl View Post
I'll be arriving Friday too. Just a quick weekend but SO looking forward to it!
Hope you have a wonderful weekend!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebºoºS View Post
Taking a much needed break from packing and stopping in to say Hi! I hope to see you all at the Disney Diva Weekend!
WooHoo - have tons of fun!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjzmgailey View Post
Hi friends!

I'm so excited about that special DVC perk that I can hardly stand it! Our APs expire 10/23/12 and that fantastic deal makes it less money to buy the Premium APs than to renew our regular DVC APs!!!! Woo Hoo!!!! Water Parks, here we come!!!!!

I'm getting all ready to head down to WDW for a long weekend and hopefully to see some of you!!!
I'm working on budgeting for those awesome DVC Aps myself - what a fantastic deal!

Hope you enjoy your WDW weekend!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by logpey View Post
Hello, hope everyone had a marvelous weekend! Crazy busy here, family visiting last week & then we all enjoyed the lake together over the weekend. Now it's crunch time, finish packing & triple checking everything for Disney Diva Weekend, F&W, 5k & lots, lots more!!!!
Enjoy all of your activities this weekend! Please share your fun with all of us who wish they could join you

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5fromabove View Post
The Walt Disney World Moms Panel Reunion begins in 4 days! FOLLOW the 45 Moms & Dads who are attending on Twitter! We'll be using hash tag: #DisneyMP
Will be following along on Twitter - have a fantastic reunion!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISSREBECCA76 View Post
It was from Casting and it said my application was one of very few that were flawless. It continued "it is clear that your talents and knowledge are superior". Instead of offering me a spot in the Mom's Panel they are creating a new position for me as an adviser to the imagineers!!!!!!! Then my alarm went off - wow was I disappointed Is anyone else having crazy dreams about this stuff too???
Ooooh I can see having that kind of dream myself - always sad to wake up and realize it isn't true.....

Quote:
That was very funny...and my DH would have reacted similarly to yours. I'm sure others will be experiencing prophetic dreams as well and will hopefully share them, too!

We had a great weekend, weather was beautiful yesterday. Glad that we are breaking out the sweaters...love sweater weather! We did some cross-border shopping yesterday and I was surprised to see D23 for sale in Wegmans. I had thought it was only available exclusively through Barnes and Noble. Also saw Mickey Pumpkin head sugar cookies for sale there, too! I host Hallowe'en for all of our family in town, so I will be picking some of those up closer to October 31. DH is going to carve all Disney designs this year. I lucked out a couple of years ago when I picked up this Mickey Dracula at the Disney Store on clearance. Anyone else have fun Disney Hallowe'en decorations they will be displaying soon?
IMG][/IMG]

I have that same Mickey - looking forward to putting him up with my other Halloween decor in the next week or so!

Quote:
Originally Posted by khiguchi View Post
Here's hoping! :D It would be awesome to hear something the week of Epcot's birthday!

On an aside....I am feeling WAY more emotional about not being down there for the 30th celebrations than I thought I would! Anyone else? To those of you down there/headed down PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE keep us posted on all of your fun activities so we can live vicariously through you
I am feeling very sad not to be there for the 30th anniversary and so many of the other activities this weekend. I am hoping that living vicariously through so many others will take a bit of the sting off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolynleanne View Post
Does anyone know how long round 2 applicants have to fill out/answer the stage 2 stuff? I leave in a few days on vacation (checking out aulani!) and won't be back for a week. Scared of if I happen to make it that I'll miss the deadline.
Hope you have a relaxing and wonderful trip to Aulani - please share some of your thoughts and pics when you return!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalecesjourney View Post
I got my confirmation this morning. My husband and 11 year old daughter are going with me!

Hope to see you there!
Enjoy!! SO wish I could be there - can't wait to hear all about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nursegirl View Post
I'll be there on my own as well! Will definitely say hi!

Getting very nervous/excited about TOT 10 miler !!
You'll do great on the race - you'll be having such a great time on the course that those 10 miles will fly by!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S'sMom View Post
I understand, I am also nervous about the race. My goal is to finish even if I get picked up. Lol. :-)
You can finish - just keep moving and let the adrenaline and fun carry you along!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautygirlsmom View Post
I'll be there! I hope I get to meet some of you!!

Anna
www.disneyworldmoms.com
Hope you have a great time at the MP reunion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snshine123 View Post
I cannot believe I am about to get on the plane to fly across the country for Diva Weekend!! This is the stuff that dreams are made from. To all those attending, safe journeys. May your Pixie Dust see you through your travels!! Next stop- MCO!!!
Enjoy every minute of your Diva Weekend and share it with us when you get back

Quote:

Will be following this all weekend to help make up for not being there in person!

I hope all of you who are enjoying the many fun activities at WDW this weekend have a superb time! We'll be following along with your tweets, posts, pictures, etc. Best of luck to all the runners - wishing you fleet feet, happy hearts, and plenty of Disney Magic along the miles!
Old 09-28-2012, 09:36 AM   #995
DisFanInCO
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurali View Post
I'm right there with you! Go CO!
Hey Lauren! Glad to have another Colorado Disney fan to chat with!

Visit my little corner of the Disney community at http://www.disfaninco.com or follow me on twitter @disfaninco
DisFanInCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 10:21 AM   #996
khiguchi
Mouseketeer

Hi friends! I just posted a new blog today about living vicariously through our Disney friends when we're not able to physically be at Disney

Post here.

Hope you all enjoy and have a magical weekend, whether at WDW or not!

Gearing up for 2013 Wine and Dine Half Marathon, BQ Attempt #3 at Space Coast Marathon, the Inaugural WDW 10K and my third go at runDisney Mom!

SHIAWASE LIFE : MY BLOG ABOUT RUNNING, DISNEY & LIVING A HAPPY LIFE! / Follow me on twitter at @krissymmurphy

2013 DISNEYLAND HALF MARATHON AND DUMBO DARE TRIP: GRAND CALIFORNIAN - 2013 TINKER BELL HALF MARATHON TRIP: GRAND CALIFORNIAN & PARADISE PIER - 2013 WDW MARATHON TRIP: BAY LAKE TOWER & BEACH CLUB VILLAS -PRINCESS 1/2 TRIP: BOARDWALK VILLAS 2012 - AULANI 2011 - DL HALF TRIP: THE VILLAS AT DISNEY'S GRAND CALIFORNIAN 2011 - WDW 1/2 TRIP: SARATOGA SPRINGS 2011 - THE VILLAS AT DISNEY'S GRAND CALIFORNIAN 2010 - CORONADO SPRINGS 2010 - DISNEY MAGIC 2009 - GRAND FLORIDIAN 2009 - DISNEY WONDER 2009 (FEB & MAR) - DAKL 2009 - POR 2008 - DISNEY WONDER 2008 - WDW GUEST RELATIONS & TOURS 2007-2010 - DISNEY WONDER 2007 - WDWCP 2006-2007 - POP CENTURY 2005 -
khiguchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 12:17 AM   #997
logpey
Disney or bust!

Happy to be at WDW right now, I've posted pics on twitter & will post more when I return home Monday evening! Met some lovely Disboards, FB & Twitter peeps! Great two days so far & weather is partly sunny except for Florida's infamous afternoon shower (small flood). Today enjoyed MK also the MNSSHP.Tomorrow race, Epcot F&W, Disney Diva Meet & Greet, back to F&W! I better sleep now, race is in six hours! Have a nice weekend! @logpey for Twitter pics if interested, I will take a lot of F&W booths at Epcot tomorrow, some might be a little blurry depending how many I've visited(booths) LOL!
2004 May/WL
2007 July S/D
2010 July/Aug/POLY CL
2011 July/POLY CL
2012 Mar/Aulani
2012 Sept/POR 2013 Feb/BCR CL 2013 OCT POR 2014 July/DCL
http://s809.photobucket.com/albums/zz17/logpey/ https://picasaweb.google.com/1069180...eat=directlink
Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=43064690#post43064690
Dawn's Blog:http://dawnsdorkydiary.wordpress.com Disney podcast- http://mousequestpodcast.com/subscribe/
logpey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 02:16 PM   #998
Mahorn
Mouseketeer

Thanks so much for thinking of me, I have not interviewed yet I spoke with hr, and they said a recruiter would be calling but I haven't been called yet. I'm afraid I might be overqualified with a bachelors degree to be a teller. I talked to the girl who recommended me said not to give up hope yet but I live with a glass half empty unfortunately. I guess we will see, I'm hoping something opens up somewhere I am so miserable at my job and frustrated with the little pay I get and crappy benefits. Being a single mom is so tough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akasleepingbeauty View Post
I have thought of you several times since you posted this. Did you end up interviewing with the bank? I hope you find the perfect new position that makes you happy and has great benefits too!

I hope you enjoy the race! No worries about going slow - just think about it as maximizing your time on the course in order to get the most out of your registration fee

How exciting - have a great time!!

Hope you have a wonderful weekend!!

WooHoo - have tons of fun!!

I'm working on budgeting for those awesome DVC Aps myself - what a fantastic deal!

Hope you enjoy your WDW weekend!!

Enjoy all of your activities this weekend! Please share your fun with all of us who wish they could join you

Will be following along on Twitter - have a fantastic reunion!!

Ooooh I can see having that kind of dream myself - always sad to wake up and realize it isn't true.....

I have that same Mickey - looking forward to putting him up with my other Halloween decor in the next week or so!

I am feeling very sad not to be there for the 30th anniversary and so many of the other activities this weekend. I am hoping that living vicariously through so many others will take a bit of the sting off.

Hope you have a relaxing and wonderful trip to Aulani - please share some of your thoughts and pics when you return!

Enjoy!! SO wish I could be there - can't wait to hear all about it.

You'll do great on the race - you'll be having such a great time on the course that those 10 miles will fly by!

You can finish - just keep moving and let the adrenaline and fun carry you along!!

Hope you have a great time at the MP reunion!

Enjoy every minute of your Diva Weekend and share it with us when you get back

Will be following this all weekend to help make up for not being there in person!

I hope all of you who are enjoying the many fun activities at WDW this weekend have a superb time! We'll be following along with your tweets, posts, pictures, etc. Best of luck to all the runners - wishing you fleet feet, happy hearts, and plenty of Disney Magic along the miles!
Old 09-30-2012, 05:16 PM   #999
shinysparklybubbles
DIS Veteran

So who thinks tomorrow? Who thinks the following week?

I think this week is too soon to hear.
Old 09-30-2012, 06:12 PM   #1000
ticofan
Mouseketeer

Hints

I thought that other years there were hints sent out by Laura Spencer talking about the reading of the applications and giving indications of how it was going. Has anyone heard anything? Maybe there were hints at the luncheon yesterday???

ticofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 06:44 PM   #1001
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

The only hint I got was from her twitter last year- something about going into the office to spread pixie dust.

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
longhorns2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 09:16 PM   #1002
ticofan
Mouseketeer

Tomorrow is THE Day

I am voting for tomorrow to be the day!! I know it is just wishful thinking. Part of me wants to know as soon as possible. Another part wants to drag it out so that I can be hopeful for as long as possible!!!

Good luck to all of us.

I am hoping to hear from those who attended the Moms Fans Luncheon yesterday!
ticofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 10:06 PM   #1003
Suzanne033
Nobody on their deathbed ever wishes they spent more time at the office.

What us Laura's Twitter handle?
1986 - Off-Site; 1997 - Thanksgiving - Polynesian; 2001 - Christmas - All Star Sports; 2004 - Beach Club/Disney Wonder; 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 - AAU Volleyball Nationals @ WWoS; 2013 - Mom Panel Training - Boardwalk; 2014 - Christmas - Grand Floridian

MouseQuest Podcast - The MQ is your HQ for all things Disney
Suzanne033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 10:25 PM   #1004
Laurali
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne033
What us Laura's Twitter handle?
@LauraSpencerOne

Laurali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 11:00 PM   #1005
lovemy3girls
DIS Veteran

I was at the Luncheon yesterday

In case anyone is interested in hearing about the luncheon yesterday, I just did a small write up about it on my blog.
Http://thefloridafamily.com
The luncheon was fun. Now I really want to make the panel!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: