Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-26-2012, 02:35 PM   #961
lovemy3girls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by S'sMom View Post
I got my email this AM. I will also be solo without the hubby and kids.
Glad to hear I won't be the only one flying solo I only rsvp'd for one. Hubby and kids will hang out in Magic Kingdom without me. Looking forward to it! See you there.
Old 09-26-2012, 03:18 PM   #962
Carolynleanne
Canadian Disney mom

Does anyone know how long round 2 applicants have to fill out/answer the stage 2 stuff? I leave in a few days on vacation (checking out aulani!) and won't be back for a week. Scared of if I happen to make it that I'll miss the deadline.

Next trip: December 2015
May 2014 Disneyland
March 2012 - Disneyland
January 2010 - DisneyWorld
March 2007 - Disneyland
September 2004 - Disneyland
April 2001 - Disneyland
September 1997 - Disneyland
October 1992 - Disneyland
-------
Blogging about life as a stay at home mom, reviewing great family friendly products and talking about my love of Disney.

http://www.momentsinmommyland.com/
Carolynleanne is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-26-2012, 03:51 PM   #963
DisneyLifeMel
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolynleanne View Post
Does anyone know how long round 2 applicants have to fill out/answer the stage 2 stuff? I leave in a few days on vacation (checking out aulani!) and won't be back for a week. Scared of if I happen to make it that I'll miss the deadline.
Hi Carolynanne ~ I believe in years past, the Round 2 Hopefuls had around 5-7 days to complete and submit their packages. I know it has been different each time. Can you pack a laptop? If not you may be able to use Aulani's Business Center. Best of luck to you!

Side Note ~ I can't wait to go to Aulani, too! Have a magical time.
Old 09-26-2012, 03:53 PM   #964
Carolynleanne
Canadian Disney mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyLifeMel View Post
Hi Carolynanne ~ I believe in years past, the Round 2 Hopefuls had around 5-7 days to complete and submit their packages. I know it has been different each time.
Merci

May 2014 Disneyland
March 2012 - Disneyland
March 2007 - Disneyland
April 2001 - Disneyland
-------
Blogging about life as a stay at home mom, reviewing great family friendly products and talking about my love of Disney.

Old 09-26-2012, 03:54 PM   #965
missingFL
Earning My Ears

It looks like most people are guessing that we'll find out October 8. If I make it to round 2, I'd love it to find out on October 5 (my birthday). If I don't make it, I hope it's any other day!

I also want to wish all those going to Disney this weekend to have a wonderful time and know that there are many of us wishing we could be there with you. But we'll be there in spirit!

Good luck to the runDisney participants too!
missingFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 04:54 PM   #966
khiguchi
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Just seconding everyone else, but last year, I received my R2 notification on October 8th, with these instructions for submitting the next stage of application questions and video:

In order to continue to be considered for the panel, please click here on Monday, October 10 at 9:00 am EST and answer additional questions. You must use the email address and sign in you used for your initial application. In addition, you will need to upload a :60 second video of yourself for potential use in Public Relations materials. Your answers and video must be submitted by 11:59 p.m., Eastern Standard Time on October 14, 2011. If we receive your reply after 11:59 p.m., Eastern Standard Time, on October 14, 2011, it will not be accepted and no extensions will be offered.

Hope this helps!!

Gearing up for 2013 Wine and Dine Half Marathon, BQ Attempt #3 at Space Coast Marathon, the Inaugural WDW 10K and my third go at runDisney Mom!

SHIAWASE LIFE : MY BLOG ABOUT RUNNING, DISNEY & LIVING A HAPPY LIFE! / Follow me on twitter at @krissymmurphy

2013 DISNEYLAND HALF MARATHON AND DUMBO DARE TRIP: GRAND CALIFORNIAN - 2013 TINKER BELL HALF MARATHON TRIP: GRAND CALIFORNIAN & PARADISE PIER - 2013 WDW MARATHON TRIP: BAY LAKE TOWER & BEACH CLUB VILLAS -PRINCESS 1/2 TRIP: BOARDWALK VILLAS 2012 - AULANI 2011 - DL HALF TRIP: THE VILLAS AT DISNEY'S GRAND CALIFORNIAN 2011 - WDW 1/2 TRIP: SARATOGA SPRINGS 2011 - THE VILLAS AT DISNEY'S GRAND CALIFORNIAN 2010 - CORONADO SPRINGS 2010 - DISNEY MAGIC 2009 - GRAND FLORIDIAN 2009 - DISNEY WONDER 2009 (FEB & MAR) - DAKL 2009 - POR 2008 - DISNEY WONDER 2008 - WDW GUEST RELATIONS & TOURS 2007-2010 - DISNEY WONDER 2007 - WDWCP 2006-2007 - POP CENTURY 2005 -
khiguchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 05:11 PM   #967
marhs
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone!
It looks like about a week and a half either way and we'll have some news and lots of discussion on here! So exciting!!!

Those of you off to WDW this week, don't forget us folks back home who want to hear all about your adventures! Have a great time!!!! I sure wish I were down there with you all!
marhs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 05:49 PM   #968
shalecesjourney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemy3girls
Is anyone here going to the Disney Panel Moms fan luncheon on Saturday? I just got my confirmation! Very excited! Going solo so hopefully everyone is friendly!
I got my confirmation this morning. My husband and 11 year old daughter are going with me!

Hope to see you there!

Our Pixar Themed Craft Pumpkins

May 2011 10 Nights Deluxe Dining Reviews

1981-2008 - 17 trips to Disney, 05/08 - Pop Century, 08/08 - Disneyland, 08/09 - Pop Century, 10/09 - BWV, 06/10 - Pop Century, 07/10 - POFQ, 08/10 - BC, 10/10 - BC, 12/10 - BC, 05/11 - POFQ, 10/11 - BC, 05/12 - POFQ, 05/12 - POR, 07/12 - AoA Cars Suite, POR Royal Room, 09/12 - Pop Century, 01/13 - POFQ, 02/13 - BC
shalecesjourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 06:25 PM   #969
Carolynleanne
Canadian Disney mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by khiguchi View Post
Just seconding everyone else, but last year, I received my R2 notification on October 8th, with these instructions for submitting the next stage of application questions and video:

In order to continue to be considered for the panel, please click here on Monday, October 10 at 9:00 am EST and answer additional questions. You must use the email address and sign in you used for your initial application. In addition, you will need to upload a :60 second video of yourself for potential use in Public Relations materials. Your answers and video must be submitted by 11:59 p.m., Eastern Standard Time on October 14, 2011. If we receive your reply after 11:59 p.m., Eastern Standard Time, on October 14, 2011, it will not be accepted and no extensions will be offered.

Hope this helps!!

That is very helpful thank you!! Guess I'll be bringing my iPad and video camera cords with me unless I need to do it

May 2014 Disneyland
March 2012 - Disneyland
March 2007 - Disneyland
April 2001 - Disneyland
-------

Old 09-26-2012, 08:51 PM   #970
nursegirl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemy3girls

Glad to hear I won't be the only one flying solo I only rsvp'd for one. Hubby and kids will hang out in Magic Kingdom without me. Looking forward to it! See you there.
I'll be there on my own as well! Will definitely say hi!

Getting very nervous/excited about TOT 10 miler !!
Old 09-26-2012, 09:05 PM   #971
DopeyinCO
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Last year, we found out on Saturday, October 8th that we had made it to round 2. That email told us to check back on the website on Monday, October 10th for a new set of questions pertaining to the specialty for which we were selected. We also had to do a 60 second video of our favorite Disney memory. They had to be done and submitted by 11:59 pm Friday, October 14th. They also said no exceptions to the deadline would be made.
Old 09-26-2012, 09:13 PM   #972
S'sMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nursegirl

I understand, I am also nervous about the race. My goal is to finish even if I get picked up. Lol. :-)
Old 09-26-2012, 09:30 PM   #973
beautygirlsmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nursegirl View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalecesjourney View Post
I got my confirmation this morning. My husband and 11 year old daughter are going with me!

Hope to see you there!
I'll be there! I hope I get to meet some of you!!

Anna
www.disneyworldmoms.com
beautygirlsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 10:33 PM   #974
nursegirl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by S'sMom View Post
I understand, I am also nervous about the race. My goal is to finish even if I get picked up. Lol. :-)
Ha Ha! Me too! Its my very first Disney race so I'm planning to be a Dory in the back "just keep swimming, just keep swimming"... and hope they don't sweep me!
Old 09-26-2012, 10:51 PM   #975
lovemy3girls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nursegirl View Post

Good luck with your race!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: