Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-25-2012, 12:30 PM   #931
SAHDad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jump4Joy8390 View Post
Next year, we will ALL be there in person...as Panelists! Right, ladies?
Shoot, I guess I am out then.

Current running streak - 2017 days in a row. Yearly mileage to date: 179.1. Last update: 2/25/14.

All runners are equal. Some however, are apparently more equal than others.
SAHDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 12:49 PM   #932
MISSREBECCA76
"Hello, My Name is Rebecca, and I have a Disney Problem!"

I really wish I was heading down there too!!! I need a break from reality so please give us lots of updates!!! I hope you all have a wonderful time!

1999 SOG First ever WDW Trip (with my HOT college bf, who is now my HOT husband!)2001 SOG Honeymoon trip 2009 CRB First trip with the kiddos in tow, grandparents too! 2011 OKW Santa was good to us, so kids, grandparents and even a great grandparent made the trip! 2012 Fort Wilderness Cabins 2012 Disney Dream- our first of many DCL experiences!2012 Beach Club
MISSREBECCA76 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-25-2012, 01:04 PM   #933
Jump4Joy8390
DVC Owners since 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAHDad View Post
Shoot, I guess I am out then.
Oh my gosh! I can't believe I did that! My apologies to all the men here in the waiting room!!! I am so sorry.... I think this slip-up this disqualifies ME....

Next year, we will ALL be there in person....as Panelists! Right, guys? (Oops, I did it again...)
2010 - Boardwalk Villas / Disney Wonder / Saratoga Springs (Feb/Mar) Kidani Village / Wilderness Lodge (Dec)
2011 - Pop Century / Vero Beach / Disney Dream / Old Key West (Mar) / Kidani Village / Port Orleans French Quarter / Saratoga Springs (Aug)
2012 - Boardwalk Villas / Disney Dream / Vero Beach / Saratoga Springs
2013 - Bay Lake Tower / Disney Fantasy / Beach Club Villas (Mar) / Coronado Springs /Jambo House / Saratoga Springs (Aug)
2014 - Art of Animation / Villas at the Grand Floridian / Disney Magic / Old Key West / Port Orleans Riverside (Mar)
/ Port Orleans Riverside / Saratoga Springs (Sep)
Jump4Joy8390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 02:08 PM   #934
SAHDad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jump4Joy8390 View Post
Oh my gosh! I can't believe I did that! My apologies to all the men here in the waiting room!!! I am so sorry.... I think this slip-up this disqualifies ME....

Next year, we will ALL be there in person....as Panelists! Right, guys? (Oops, I did it again...)
Nah, I was just in a bad mood. But, Disney has a tendency to forget about us dads as well, which can be incredibly frustrating.

Current running streak - 2017 days in a row. Yearly mileage to date: 179.1. Last update: 2/25/14.

All runners are equal. Some however, are apparently more equal than others.
SAHDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 05:41 PM   #935
paulakimtrac
Disney Global Fun

Last edited by paulakimtrac; 09-25-2012 at 05:55 PM.
paulakimtrac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 09:13 AM   #936
DisneyLifeMel
Mouseketeer

I am going to wager a guess that we will hear who makes it to Round 2 by this time next week. The Moms Panel Reunion and Meet & Greet are this weekend, so I am not expecting any type of announcement to be made prior to these events. But I also don't think they will keep us hanging on much longer. So I am going to stick with my original October 3rd prediction... What do y'all think??
Old 09-26-2012, 09:38 AM   #937
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

I don't know. Who knows? Seems like it could be anytime! But I agree that it probably won't be until after this weekend. I can't imagine inviting hopefuls to the lunch the after they got the news they were out! That would be so sad.

Next week works for me. I'll be stalking twitter and my email for sure.

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
longhorns2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 10:15 AM   #938
juliehoey
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow...OMDD WINNER!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyLifeMel View Post
I am going to wager a guess that we will hear who makes it to Round 2 by this time next week. The Moms Panel Reunion and Meet & Greet are this weekend, so I am not expecting any type of announcement to be made prior to these events. But I also don't think they will keep us hanging on much longer. So I am going to stick with my original October 3rd prediction... What do y'all think??
First time applying so not sure how process works. Do you receive an email either way if you have been moved to round 2 or not picked to continue? Wishing all
Old 09-26-2012, 10:58 AM   #939
Samuelle
Earning My Ears

I think it will be next week at the earliest before we hear anything. I hate the waiting though!
Samuelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 11:06 AM   #940
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliehoey

First time applying so not sure how process works. Do you receive an email either way if you have been moved to round 2 or not picked to continue? Wishing all
I have gotten emails either way. They may not send one if you didn't make it, but based on past years it sounds like they do try to send those out so no one is left wondering.

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
longhorns2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 11:28 AM   #941
khiguchi
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyLifeMel View Post
So I am going to stick with my original October 3rd prediction... What do y'all think??
Here's hoping! :D It would be awesome to hear something the week of Epcot's birthday!

On an aside....I am feeling WAY more emotional about not being down there for the 30th celebrations than I thought I would! Anyone else? To those of you down there/headed down PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE keep us posted on all of your fun activities so we can live vicariously through you

Gearing up for 2013 Wine and Dine Half Marathon, BQ Attempt #3 at Space Coast Marathon, the Inaugural WDW 10K and my third go at runDisney Mom!

SHIAWASE LIFE : MY BLOG ABOUT RUNNING, DISNEY & LIVING A HAPPY LIFE! / Follow me on twitter at @krissymmurphy

2013 DISNEYLAND HALF MARATHON AND DUMBO DARE TRIP: GRAND CALIFORNIAN - 2013 TINKER BELL HALF MARATHON TRIP: GRAND CALIFORNIAN & PARADISE PIER - 2013 WDW MARATHON TRIP: BAY LAKE TOWER & BEACH CLUB VILLAS -PRINCESS 1/2 TRIP: BOARDWALK VILLAS 2012 - AULANI 2011 - DL HALF TRIP: THE VILLAS AT DISNEY'S GRAND CALIFORNIAN 2011 - WDW 1/2 TRIP: SARATOGA SPRINGS 2011 - THE VILLAS AT DISNEY'S GRAND CALIFORNIAN 2010 - CORONADO SPRINGS 2010 - DISNEY MAGIC 2009 - GRAND FLORIDIAN 2009 - DISNEY WONDER 2009 (FEB & MAR) - DAKL 2009 - POR 2008 - DISNEY WONDER 2008 - WDW GUEST RELATIONS & TOURS 2007-2010 - DISNEY WONDER 2007 - WDWCP 2006-2007 - POP CENTURY 2005 -
khiguchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 11:45 AM   #942
MickeyMomTo2
Lauren S. @baseballsbows

I'll guess the 10th.

I'm actually hoping it's not next week. I am PTA president at my kids' school, and we have a major fundraising carnival next Friday. I won't be able to think clearly about the event or my answers to round 2 questions if they are happening at the same time (yes, I know I probably don't have to worry about that, but I am believing in Disney magic here)!

I am also so sad to miss the weekend. I am going to my 20 year high school reunion, but I sure do wish I could be at the Moms Panel event and celebrate Epcot's 30th!
Old 09-26-2012, 12:07 PM   #943
disneydreamgirl
DIS Veteran

My Round 2 Congrats e-mail came on October 8 last year, so I'm going with October 6 for this year. Sooner would be nice, for sure!

Definitely part of the 'bummed to be missing out' crowd on the Epcot festivities plus MNSSHP (we had so much fun last year). I will be making DH and DS wear our costumes again at home (whether they like it or not!)

Still hoping to hear about others' Disney Hallowe'en creativity - would love to glean some ideas from some of you like last year (remember those fabulous Oreo Brownie dainties courtesy of Krissy - I made them for Christmas also, just changed up the icing/decoration colours).
DCL Fantasy-Oct'14 First-time cruisers!

Last edited by disneydreamgirl; 09-26-2012 at 12:20 PM.
disneydreamgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 12:28 PM   #944
MagicalAmandaFay
A dream is a wish your heart makes...

I know it said in the application that you could not currently be working for Disney. I did not see anything about past employment. I did the College Program in 2006. Does anyone know if that is a problem at all?

I hope not, because I applied and would just love to do this!
MagicalAmandaFay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 12:30 PM   #945
arbolita
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicalAmandaFay View Post
I know it said in the application that you could not currently be working for Disney. I did not see anything about past employment. I did the College Program in 2006. Does anyone know if that is a problem at all?

I hope not, because I applied and would just love to do this!

I know of at least one Mom's Panelist who was a former cast member, so I don't think you should have any problems!
June 1990 - Offsite * June 2008 - Offsite- Got Engaged! * September 2009 - CSR - Disneymoon * October 2010 - POP/POR * June 2011 - CBR * December 2011 - Offsite - Farewell to Jaws * February 2012 - One More Disney Day-Video Trip Report - ASMu * January 2013 - SSR Old, New & Long Lost Friends, w/ a Side of Frump! * August 2013 - Puns, a Fun Run and 1901 - Our first trip to Disneyland! * May 2014 - BLT/AKV * January 2015 - AKV * August 2015 - ? * October/November 2015 - Port Orleans

[B]August Trip Report: Puns, a Fun Run and 1901 - Our first trip to Disneyland!

Follow me on Twitter! @GertieTheDino89
arbolita is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: