Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-18-2012, 03:18 PM   #811
akasleepingbeauty
My favorite place to run is Disney!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalecesjourney
It's so exciting to read about everyone's experiences with runDisney. DH, DD, and I are doing our first runDisney 5K next weekend (and it will be my first 5K ever)! I am really looking forward to it!
How exciting - I hope you enjoy the 5k and decide to sign up for another race The feeling upon crossing the finish line is very addictive which is one of the reasons I keep running. Please come back and share your experience with us!
Old 09-18-2012, 03:24 PM   #812
akasleepingbeauty
My favorite place to run is Disney!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaCrush

I'll be there the 28th through the 1st! I'm going with my cousin-- she's running the TOT 10 miler and I'm running the 5K! MNSSHP Sun. the 30th. SO can't wait!
Yay - more new runners! Enjoy the race - take in the joyous atmosphere, the wonderful spectator support, and the magic of crossing the finish line. Then go sign up for the next one
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-18-2012, 03:41 PM   #813
bjkbrady
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaCrush View Post
Seriously????? I'm going to be there then! I hated missing last year...
This meet and greet is a group of Disney fans from the Mickey Moms Club Super Group and Social Media that will be in WDW for a Disney Divas Girls Weekend - this is not a panel meet and greet. It is just Disney fans that interact regularly meeting up since we will all be there at the same time.
bjkbrady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 04:03 PM   #814
leanne2255
Tagged myself!

Almost Missed It!

I got my entry submitted in the nick of time. I was traveling on business and returned home on Friday 9/14, only to see that the deadline was 11:59pm. I quickly sat down and typed my responses. This year, I had no time to over-think my answers and just typed from the heart, so fingers crossed that this year may be the year. Wishing everyone good luck and pixie dust!

Visit my blog: http://disneytripandstuff.com

leanne2255 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 04:12 PM   #815
SAHDad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalecesjourney View Post
It's so exciting to read about everyone's experiences with runDisney. DH, DD, and I are doing our first runDisney 5K next weekend (and it will be my first 5K ever)! I am really looking forward to it!
You know what that means, right? First, we'll want a race report. And second - it will automatically be a PR* for you!

* PR = personal record, or best time.

Current running streak - 2017 days in a row. Yearly mileage to date: 179.1. Last update: 2/25/14.

All runners are equal. Some however, are apparently more equal than others.
SAHDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 04:20 PM   #816
zoe999pink
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by leanne2255 View Post
I got my entry submitted in the nick of time. I was traveling on business and returned home on Friday 9/14, only to see that the deadline was 11:59pm. I quickly sat down and typed my responses. This year, I had no time to over-think my answers and just typed from the heart, so fingers crossed that this year may be the year. Wishing everyone good luck and pixie dust!
Good luck! I felt that mine was from the heart too, soo maybe! How many times have you applied now? This will be my fourth!

zoe999pink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 06:05 PM   #817
KJay
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by logpey View Post
Meet & Greet at the Beach Club Solarium Sept 29th 3-4pm?Yes with bells on..
Someone may have already mentioned this- but the Solarium will not be available for use on that date. It's been temporarily transformed into the fitness center until December. Maybe you can use Martha's Vineyard, a lounge area just around the corner through the lobby....
Old 09-18-2012, 06:29 PM   #818
bjkbrady
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJay View Post
Someone may have already mentioned this- but the Solarium will not be available for use on that date. It's been temporarily transformed into the fitness center until December. Maybe you can use Martha's Vineyard, a lounge area just around the corner through the lobby....
other arrangements are being made and will be announced when they are finalized. Thanks!
bjkbrady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 06:47 PM   #819
Mahorn
Mouseketeer

Evening everyone I just wanted to say its so nice to sit here in the evening and read what went on during the day. I am having a tough time lately (isn't everyone) but this place is my refuge. I am desperately looking for a new job but grateful I have one but it's too much for too little pay no retirement nothing and trying to feed three kids myself help my boyfriend and his two boysis draining me. So thanks for being a place I can come breathe a sigh of relief and relax.

Sorry for the ot rant.
Old 09-18-2012, 06:55 PM   #820
marhs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahorn View Post
Evening everyone I just wanted to say its so nice to sit here in the evening and read what went on during the day. I am having a tough time lately (isn't everyone) but this place is my refuge. I am desperately looking for a new job but grateful I have one but it's too much for too little pay no retirement nothing and trying to feed three kids myself help my boyfriend and his two boysis draining me. So thanks for being a place I can come breathe a sigh of relief and relax.

Sorry for the ot rant.
Hugs for you! And it is so nice to know that Disney is something that no matter what you're going through can always be there to make you smile. Even if it's not planning a trip of your own, sometimes just Disney chatter with some fun Disney lovin' folks can make you forget your troubles for awhile. I know it does for me!
marhs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 08:02 PM   #821
wasabi girl
Mouseketeer
I can't get in the shower if the shower curtain is already wet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahorn

Sorry for the ot rant.
I hear ya! I like checking in here too, makes my day end on a pleasant note. Hope things improve for both of us!
Old 09-18-2012, 09:02 PM   #822
MamaCrush
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahorn View Post

Sorry for the ot rant.
No need to apologize! We all bear the weight of our own burdens, but sharing our love of Disney seems to lighten them a bit-- even if it's just for a while. I was having a particularly frustrating day at work today and walked outside at lunch. I crossed a path near a fountain, and I immediately stopped because the faint smell of chlorine and the sound of the water transported me to the fountains at Epcot. I couldn't help but smile and somehow the load wasn't quite so heavy for the rest of the day! Disney is so much more than a theme park!

DCL Western 7-Day Cruise: January 2005 ~ Pop Century: September 2006 ~ Coronoado Springs Resort: September 2008 ~ Saratoga Springs: March 2009 ~ Old Key West: August 2009 ~ Boardwalk Villas: September 2009 -Adults Only! ~ Saratoga Springs: April, 2010 ~ Saratoga Springs: September 2010 - Mickey's Halloween 5K ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Village: November/December 2010 ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Village: February 2011 - Princess Royal Family 5K ~ Animal Kingdom Jambo House: May 2011 - Expedition Everest Challenge ~ Wilderness Lodge: June 2011 ~ All Star Movies: October 2011 - Kids Dancing with Disney Youth Performing Arts! ~ Saratoga Springs: January 2012 - Mommy/Daughter Birthday Trip - DD Turns 10! ~ June 2012 - Bay Lake Tower ~ September 2012 - Happy Haunted 5K Trail Run - Port Orleans Riverside ~ March 2013 - Solo Trip - Saratoga Springs ~ May 2013 - Expedition Everest Challenge with DS13 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
~ September 19-20 Solo Trip - Wilderness Lodge
MamaCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 09:30 PM   #823
Mahorn
Mouseketeer

Its true Disney is definitely more than a place for me its like a refuge. Somewhere I can go and not worry about anything whether I'm planning a trip for myself or someone else or just talking about it. I'm glad I joined this group this year i usually just wait alone for the results but this is so much better

Old 09-18-2012, 10:29 PM   #824
CarrieR
DIS Veteran

Just a quick note -- if you were one of the last few to add yourself to the spreadsheet, you may want to go double-check that you're still there. I went and added myself a few minutes ago and it seemed someone else was editing at the same time -- I stopped to wait so as not to mess up the database writing and as I watched a few of the lines went MIA! Not sure if it was a fluke or what, but there are definitely three or four names that disappeared off of the list, so if you added yourself recently, make sure it wasn't you!

And on another note, I am so glad to see some other runDisney folk here. I did not apply for that speciality, as I am not a runner, but with the help of Jeff Galloway and God (not in that order, lol) I am going to finish the half marathon in January if it kills me! LOL!!!!
CarrieR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 10:35 PM   #825
shinysparklybubbles
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrieR

And on another note, I am so glad to see some other runDisney folk here. I did not apply for that speciality, as I am not a runner, but with the help of Jeff Galloway and God (not in that order, lol) I am going to finish the half marathon in January if it kills me! LOL!!!!
I'm following Jeff Galloway too. I think he's a genius!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: