Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-18-2012, 08:48 AM   #796
Suzanne033
Nobody on their deathbed ever wishes they spent more time at the office.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skater View Post
I have listened to Disney Parks music for years on the way to work. Especially when I worked retail . I love Soarin' (it places me right on that ride in my mind) and Spaceship Earth. Recently, I've been listening to it in my bedroom when I'm getting ready for work. Just a little bit of magic before the grind .
A couple years ago I found the soundtrack for the Christmas parade online and now it is a part of every Christmas for our family.
1986 - Off-Site; 1997 - Thanksgiving - Polynesian; 2001 - Christmas - All Star Sports; 2004 - Beach Club/Disney Wonder; 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 - AAU Volleyball Nationals @ WWoS; 2013 - Mom Panel Training - Boardwalk; 2014 - Christmas - Grand Floridian

MouseQuest Podcast - The MQ is your HQ for all things Disney
Suzanne033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 09:34 AM   #797
claireelise
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by akasleepingbeauty

I too love that music and I so wish they'd bring it back! My whole family loved that parade and we were all very disappointed when they stopped running it. I harbor a secret hope that they'll bring it back at some point!
I haven't checked the most recent CD, but when we bought the illuminations CD years ago, it had the parade music on it too!
claireelise is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-18-2012, 10:00 AM   #798
khiguchi
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by missingFL View Post
khiguchi and akasleepingbeauty, thanks for the responses! It totally makes sense that Disney only does the runDisney events during the slower and cooler times. Maybe I could look into the Princess 5K because we have Winter Break the last week in February. I don't think my kids would forgive me if I went to Disney without them. But I can't think of anything that would motivate me more than a trip to Disney!
Always glad to help! And yes, it could be weird to plan a kid-less trip, but maybe you could get some fellow moms/friends to do the 5K with you! And imagine how proud you'll be and what a great role model you'll be to your kids for accomplishing such an awesome goal!

You know you have all of our support here!

Gearing up for 2013 Wine and Dine Half Marathon, BQ Attempt #3 at Space Coast Marathon, the Inaugural WDW 10K and my third go at runDisney Mom!

SHIAWASE LIFE : MY BLOG ABOUT RUNNING, DISNEY & LIVING A HAPPY LIFE! / Follow me on twitter at @krissymmurphy

2013 DISNEYLAND HALF MARATHON AND DUMBO DARE TRIP: GRAND CALIFORNIAN - 2013 TINKER BELL HALF MARATHON TRIP: GRAND CALIFORNIAN & PARADISE PIER - 2013 WDW MARATHON TRIP: BAY LAKE TOWER & BEACH CLUB VILLAS -PRINCESS 1/2 TRIP: BOARDWALK VILLAS 2012 - AULANI 2011 - DL HALF TRIP: THE VILLAS AT DISNEY'S GRAND CALIFORNIAN 2011 - WDW 1/2 TRIP: SARATOGA SPRINGS 2011 - THE VILLAS AT DISNEY'S GRAND CALIFORNIAN 2010 - CORONADO SPRINGS 2010 - DISNEY MAGIC 2009 - GRAND FLORIDIAN 2009 - DISNEY WONDER 2009 (FEB & MAR) - DAKL 2009 - POR 2008 - DISNEY WONDER 2008 - WDW GUEST RELATIONS & TOURS 2007-2010 - DISNEY WONDER 2007 - WDWCP 2006-2007 - POP CENTURY 2005 -
khiguchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 11:46 AM   #799
disneydreamgirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by logpey View Post
Just remember it really isn't life or death, just highly disappointing!!!---said the girl who cried in Hot Springs, Arkansas Wal-mart, when finding out she didn't make it to Round flipping one last year....!!!!!!!!!!!!
I just love what gets shared on this thread...and how we can all relate to your reaction!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJCPixieDust View Post
A great story that this group will love: Last night, I got a text from my 14-year-old son that he wanted me to know he was "motivated" to finish his homework because the Soarin' soundtrack came on while he was working. Couldn't decide if I was happier that he has Disney music in his homework mix or that he texted me without having to! Either way, I'm doing something right!!
Love this! I'm also a mom to a 14-year-old boy. I love when he hears a song when we're out-and-about and says "this music reminds me of Disney" and then proceeds to tell me just where in the parks he is thinking of. It's great when he takes me there with him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne033 View Post
A couple years ago I found the soundtrack for the Christmas parade online and now it is a part of every Christmas for our family.
I would love to get my hands, and ears, on that track. Did you purchase a CD or was it a download?

Glad I dropped in on my lunch break. Hope everyone is having a great day!
AKL-Oct'13:F&W & MNSSHP redo!
disneydreamgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 11:51 AM   #800
DisneyLifeMel
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by akasleepingbeauty View Post
Because I tend to be overly analytical and detail-oriented, I copied down all of the questions (with answer options if applicable) for each of the different specialties. I thought I'd go ahead and put them up here just for fun and for future reference. Please feel free to ignore them if you aren't interested
Wow... thanks for tracking all of the questions! It is really cool to see what the applicants for the other specialties were asked.
Old 09-18-2012, 12:07 PM   #801
Suzanne033

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamgirl View Post
I would love to get my hands, and ears, on that track. Did you purchase a CD or was it a download?

Glad I dropped in on my lunch break. Hope everyone is having a great day!
In all honesty, back when I downloaded it I was using Limewire (now defunct) quite a bit. I have to assume that's where I got it.
1986 - Off-Site; 1997 - Thanksgiving - Polynesian; 2001 - Christmas - All Star Sports; 2004 - Beach Club/Disney Wonder; 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 - AAU Volleyball Nationals @ WWoS; 2013 - Mom Panel Training - Boardwalk; 2014 - Christmas - Grand Floridian

Old 09-18-2012, 01:25 PM   #802
marhs
DIS Veteran

You all just inspired me with your Disney music talk, so I headed over to ebay and bought the 4 Parks One World music cd. We have lots of Disney music that we listen to here, but not a lot of the park music, and I've always wanted to get some of those tracks, so thanks for the inspiration! It's supposed to arrive by Saturday in the mail, so this weekend our family will be going to Disney World, if only through our ears!
marhs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 01:25 PM   #803
Suzanne033

For those of you who made it to phone interview round last year (and years before), what kind of questions did they ask? Just curious.

Old 09-18-2012, 01:27 PM   #804
DisneyLifeMel
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by marhs View Post
You all just inspired me with your Disney music talk, so I headed over to ebay and bought the 4 Parks One World music cd. We have lots of Disney music that we listen to here, but not a lot of the park music, and I've always wanted to get some of those tracks, so thanks for the inspiration! It's supposed to arrive by Saturday in the mail, so this weekend our family will be going to Disney World, if only through our ears!
Hi marhs. Great minds think alike! I did the same thing... I got some music from Wall-E and "Good Life" by OneRepublic. Gonna look later and find some more good workout/housekeeping tunes!
Old 09-18-2012, 01:28 PM   #805
DisneyLifeMel
Mouseketeer

Quote:
For those of you who made it to phone interview round last year (and years before), what kind of questions did they ask? Just curious.
Oooo, Suzanne, I have always wanted to know the same thing. Hope someone answers.
Old 09-18-2012, 01:32 PM   #806
CJCPixieDust
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by marhs View Post
I was just singing along to that one on my way to school! You can just picture being there as each song starts...Disney dreaming... You'll love it- enjoy!

CJCPixieDust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 01:46 PM   #807
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I thought I kept notes- but I don't seem to have been that on top of things. Which is not surprising considering how scatterbrained I felt during the interview.

I got to the phone interview in 2010.

I remember them asking about our family traditions at WDW, where we like to stay and why. The biggie was "out of 20K people, we picked YOU to talk to. Why are YOU special?" or something along those lines.

They don't quiz you on history or anything like that. Just Disney fans talking to other Disney fans and wanting to hear your passion. There were 3 of them on the phone with me (maybe 4, I can't remember now! I was pregnant too- so I have a little bit of reason for feeling scattered! lol) but only one of them did the questions until the end. (Laura interviewed me)

15 minutes on the dot.

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
longhorns2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 02:18 PM   #808
shalecesjourney
DIS Veteran

It's so exciting to read about everyone's experiences with runDisney. DH, DD, and I are doing our first runDisney 5K next weekend (and it will be my first 5K ever)! I am really looking forward to it!

Our Pixar Themed Craft Pumpkins

May 2011 10 Nights Deluxe Dining Reviews

1981-2008 - 17 trips to Disney, 05/08 - Pop Century, 08/08 - Disneyland, 08/09 - Pop Century, 10/09 - BWV, 06/10 - Pop Century, 07/10 - POFQ, 08/10 - BC, 10/10 - BC, 12/10 - BC, 05/11 - POFQ, 10/11 - BC, 05/12 - POFQ, 05/12 - POR, 07/12 - AoA Cars Suite, POR Royal Room, 09/12 - Pop Century, 01/13 - POFQ, 02/13 - BC

Last edited by shalecesjourney; 09-18-2012 at 02:24 PM.
shalecesjourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 02:36 PM   #809
MamaCrush
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Who on this board is going to the Disney Diva Weekend? I will be there.

MNSSHP on the 28th of September? I will be there.

Food & Wine at Epcot? I will definitely be there....

Meet & Greet at the Beach Club Solarium Sept 29th 3-4pm?Yes with bells on..

runDisney 5k or any of the races in Sept? Yes running with my Disney buddies.

Anyone else plan on being at WDW Sept 27th-Oct 1, 2012
I'll be there the 28th through the 1st! I'm going with my cousin-- she's running the TOT 10 miler and I'm running the 5K! MNSSHP Sun. the 30th. SO can't wait!

DCL Western 7-Day Cruise: January 2005 ~ Pop Century: September 2006 ~ Coronoado Springs Resort: September 2008 ~ Saratoga Springs: March 2009 ~ Old Key West: August 2009 ~ Boardwalk Villas: September 2009 -Adults Only! ~ Saratoga Springs: April, 2010 ~ Saratoga Springs: September 2010 - Mickey's Halloween 5K ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Village: November/December 2010 ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Village: February 2011 - Princess Royal Family 5K ~ Animal Kingdom Jambo House: May 2011 - Expedition Everest Challenge ~ Wilderness Lodge: June 2011 ~ All Star Movies: October 2011 - Kids Dancing with Disney Youth Performing Arts! ~ Saratoga Springs: January 2012 - Mommy/Daughter Birthday Trip - DD Turns 10! ~ June 2012 - Bay Lake Tower ~ September 2012 - Happy Haunted 5K Trail Run - Port Orleans Riverside ~ March 2013 - Solo Trip - Saratoga Springs ~ May 2013 - Expedition Everest Challenge with DS13 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
~ September 19-20 Solo Trip - Wilderness Lodge
MamaCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 02:41 PM   #810
MamaCrush
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Everyone is welcome, a group of about 45-50 Disney Facebook, Disboards & Mom panelist Hopefuls will be there for a Meet & Greet September 29 3pm-4pm at The Beach Club Resort Solarium! Stop by & say hello...

Good Luck in the TOT race!!!
Seriously????? I'm going to be there then! I hated missing last year...

DCL Western 7-Day Cruise: January 2005 ~ Pop Century: September 2006 ~ Coronoado Springs Resort: September 2008 ~ Saratoga Springs: March 2009 ~ Old Key West: August 2009 ~ Boardwalk Villas: September 2009 -Adults Only! ~ Saratoga Springs: April, 2010 ~ Saratoga Springs: September 2010 - Mickey's Halloween 5K ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Village: November/December 2010 ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Village: February 2011 - Princess Royal Family 5K ~ Animal Kingdom Jambo House: May 2011 - Expedition Everest Challenge ~ Wilderness Lodge: June 2011 ~ All Star Movies: October 2011 - Kids Dancing with Disney Youth Performing Arts! ~ Saratoga Springs: January 2012 - Mommy/Daughter Birthday Trip - DD Turns 10! ~ June 2012 - Bay Lake Tower ~ September 2012 - Happy Haunted 5K Trail Run - Port Orleans Riverside ~ March 2013 - Solo Trip - Saratoga Springs ~ May 2013 - Expedition Everest Challenge with DS13 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
~ September 19-20 Solo Trip - Wilderness Lodge
MamaCrush is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: