Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-17-2012, 10:01 PM   #781
akasleepingbeauty
My favorite place to run is Disney!!

These are the Page 2 questions for the Disneyland Resort specialty application.

What are the five newest attractions at Disney California Adventure?
Radiator Springs Racers
"World of Color"
Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage
Mater's Junkyard Jamboree
Little Mermaid Ariel's Undersea Adventure
Luigi's Flying Tires
California Screamin'
The Red Car Trolley
Toy Story Mania

My favorite hotel at the Disneyland Resort has a special feature. Select the feature below with the correct hotel where it's located.
Mickey Mouse Penthouse - Disneyland Hotel
Surf's Up Character Breakfast - Paradise Pier Hotel
Napa Rose - Disney's Grand Californian Hotel and Spa
California Grill - Disney's Grand Californian Hotel and Spa
Big Thunder Suite - Disney's Grand Californian Hotel and Spa
Beach theme - Paradise Pier Hotel
Monorail Slides - Disneyland Hotel
Bunk beds in some rooms - Disneyland Hotel
Storyteller's Cafe - Disney's Grand Californian Hotel and Spa
Fantasy Tower - Disneyland Hotel
Mobile Magic - Paradise Pier Hotel

What is the name of the man how has made Carnation Cafe so special for decades? Hint, he has a dish on the menu named after him.
Walt
Ronald
Oscar
Vincent
Luigi

Who helped open Disneyland Resort to the public as one of the official hosts?
Allen Ludden
Rock Hudson
John Barrymore
Art Linklater

In 100 words or less, describe the best multi-day vacation you've taken at the Disneyland Resort, including where you stayed overnight. (If you haven't experienced a multi-day vacation, please describe how you would spend three days at Disneyland Resort.)
Old 09-17-2012, 10:03 PM   #782
akasleepingbeauty

These are the Page 2 questions for the runDisney specialty application.

In 100 words or less, please tell us about the runDisney races you have participated in and/or completed?

How long have you been running marathons, half-marathons, or 5ks?
Choose 1 year through 100 years

In 100 words or less, why did you start running?
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-17-2012, 10:09 PM   #783
akasleepingbeauty

These are the Page 2 questions for the ESPN Wide World of Sports Competitions specialty application.

Have you ever served as a Team Mom who organizes travel on behalf of a youth team?
Yes
No

When was the last time you visited ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex?
Within the last 6 months
Within the last year
Within the last 2 years
Never

What sports have you traveled with a team for competition at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex?
Check those that apply.
Soccer
Baseball
Volleyball
Cheer
Other

What Walt Disney World Resort have you stayed at during a competition at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex?
Choose those that apply.
All-Star Resort
Caribbean Beach Resort
Other
Have not stayed on property

What National Athletic Organization is ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex home to for their national championships?
Check box(es)
Little League
AAU
Pop Warner
B&C
None of the above

Tell us about how you communicate with other parents and the coach in planning for team travel.

Please share in your own words the benefits of staying on Disney property during your competition at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex.
Old 09-17-2012, 11:30 PM   #784
logpey
Disney or bust!

Wink OMG!! Thanks---akasleepingbeauty

WOW, I bet people are going CRAZY over the questions AGAIN & some MPH are probably wishing they selected a different category!!!! Oh boy, let me get my the true Disney Dorks are going to go totally Goofy over these---I should've, would've, could've it to death!!

Just remember it really isn't life or death, just highly disappointing!!!---said the girl who cried in Hot Springs, Arkansas Wal-mart, when finding out she didn't make it to Round flipping one last year....!!!!!!!!!!!!

In the end, all we can rely on is** Faith,Trust & Pixie Dust!!!** or we could resort to:
2004 May/WL
2007 July S/D
2010 July/Aug/POLY CL
2011 July/POLY CL
2012 Mar/Aulani
2012 Sept/POR 2013 Feb/BCR CL 2013 OCT POR 2014 July/DCL
http://s809.photobucket.com/albums/zz17/logpey/ https://picasaweb.google.com/1069180...eat=directlink
Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=43064690#post43064690
Dawn's Blog:http://dawnsdorkydiary.wordpress.com Disney podcast- http://mousequestpodcast.com/subscribe/
logpey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 02:55 AM   #785
CastawayJP
Proud to have introduced HydroFlask to the Dis

Quote:
Originally Posted by marhs View Post
I'm so glad I wasn't the only one struggling with that question. It was tricky. I was going back and forth with whether to include the buffets in that or not. I honestly can't remember what I decided to do in the end. I'm thinking I did leave the buffets off and went strictly with the "a la carte" menu restaurants. What did you do? That was the only one I sat there struggling with.

I figure if they like the rest of my answers and essays and that's the one thing that I didn't answer correctly then it shouldn't be the worst thing in the world, right?

Anyone else struggle with that one?
Yeah I struggled with it as well. I did not include the buffets. What raly threw me off was that on debarkation day the menu is al a carte even in the restaurants that usually have buffets like Parrot Cay! But I went ahead and went with what the DCL website said...

I guess we'll just have to wait and see!
Past Cruises: 4/07 Wonder, 7/07 Wonder, 11/07 Wonder, 5/08 Wonder, 11/08 Magic (Western), 6/10 Wonder (5 night), 08/11 Magic (7 night Med), 2/14 Dream
CastawayJP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 04:08 AM   #786
Nftysqrt
Mouseketeer

Hey all! So I wasn't going to apply again this year, but just went for it. DLR Panel. Only question that was a little tricky was about the Hotel Options. It wasn't really clear on what it wanted since there was more than one correct answer. So I just put the newest addition, the monorail slides at the Disneyland Hotel.

We shall see, got to third round last year on my first try. Pixie Dust to everyone!
Nftysqrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 05:53 AM   #787
bjkbrady
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by logpey View Post
On Facebook the pages or groups are: Mickey Moms Club Super Group 245 members, 2011 Mickey Moms Panel Hopefuls 609 members, 2012 Mickey Moms Club 219 members... also 2012 Moms panel Hopefuls-- We're all over the place!!! Come visit!!!
No matter what the year in front of the group or page its continuous & current!
We have been trying to faze out all FB groups except for the Mickey Moms Club Super Group - it's not an easy process! So if you are interested in the page with the most activity regarding not only the MP but all things Disney - the Super Group page is the most current.
bjkbrady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 07:29 AM   #788
CJCPixieDust
Mouseketeer

this will make you smile!

A great story that this group will love: Last night, I got a text from my 14-year-old son that he wanted me to know he was "motivated" to finish his homework because the Soarin' soundtrack came on while he was working. Couldn't decide if I was happier that he has Disney music in his homework mix or that he texted me without having to! Either way, I'm doing something right!!

CJCPixieDust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 07:45 AM   #789
Skampigirl
To all who have come to this happy place, welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJCPixieDust View Post
A great story that this group will love: Last night, I got a text from my 14-year-old son that he wanted me to know he was "motivated" to finish his homework because the Soarin' soundtrack came on while he was working. Couldn't decide if I was happier that he has Disney music in his homework mix or that he texted me without having to! Either way, I'm doing something right!!
I love it! That music is so inspiring (and love the ride!). I have a Disney Parks mix on my iPod - I listen to it on the way to work to try and deflect the stress before it hits (sometimes I even sneak a song or two AT work! ) I think my favourite is the Tapestry of Dreams / Tapestry of Nations soundtrack from the EPCOT Millennium Celebration. I wish they'd bring that parade back - it was magical!

September 2012 / Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10 miler and Mickey's Happy Haunted Trail 5K / Port Orleans Riverside -- January 2013 - Tinkerbell Half Marathon & Neverland 5K, Disneyland / Disneyland Hotel -- November 2013 - Jingle Jungle 5K & Wine & Dine Half Marathon - Port Orleans Riverside -- January 2014 - Girlfriend trip, WL CL -- August 2014 - Trip of a Lifetime - Adventures By Disney Paris/Versailles/Normandy and Disneyland Paris !

Skampigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 07:53 AM   #790
skater
Change sometimes stinks.. doesn't it?
I love to hear WWII stories

I have listened to Disney Parks music for years on the way to work. Especially when I worked retail . I love Soarin' (it places me right on that ride in my mind) and Spaceship Earth. Recently, I've been listening to it in my bedroom when I'm getting ready for work. Just a little bit of magic before the grind .
skater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 07:53 AM   #791
khiguchi
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJCPixieDust View Post
Aww love this! These are all those small things that just make me happy!

Gearing up for 2013 Wine and Dine Half Marathon, BQ Attempt #3 at Space Coast Marathon, the Inaugural WDW 10K and my third go at runDisney Mom!

SHIAWASE LIFE : MY BLOG ABOUT RUNNING, DISNEY & LIVING A HAPPY LIFE! / Follow me on twitter at @krissymmurphy

2013 DISNEYLAND HALF MARATHON AND DUMBO DARE TRIP: GRAND CALIFORNIAN - 2013 TINKER BELL HALF MARATHON TRIP: GRAND CALIFORNIAN & PARADISE PIER - 2013 WDW MARATHON TRIP: BAY LAKE TOWER & BEACH CLUB VILLAS -PRINCESS 1/2 TRIP: BOARDWALK VILLAS 2012 - AULANI 2011 - DL HALF TRIP: THE VILLAS AT DISNEY'S GRAND CALIFORNIAN 2011 - WDW 1/2 TRIP: SARATOGA SPRINGS 2011 - THE VILLAS AT DISNEY'S GRAND CALIFORNIAN 2010 - CORONADO SPRINGS 2010 - DISNEY MAGIC 2009 - GRAND FLORIDIAN 2009 - DISNEY WONDER 2009 (FEB & MAR) - DAKL 2009 - POR 2008 - DISNEY WONDER 2008 - WDW GUEST RELATIONS & TOURS 2007-2010 - DISNEY WONDER 2007 - WDWCP 2006-2007 - POP CENTURY 2005 -
khiguchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 08:30 AM   #792
missingFL
Earning My Ears

khiguchi and akasleepingbeauty, thanks for the responses! It totally makes sense that Disney only does the runDisney events during the slower and cooler times. Maybe I could look into the Princess 5K because we have Winter Break the last week in February. I don't think my kids would forgive me if I went to Disney without them. But I can't think of anything that would motivate me more than a trip to Disney!
missingFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 08:36 AM   #793
missingFL
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skampigirl View Post
I love it! That music is so inspiring (and love the ride!). I have a Disney Parks mix on my iPod - I listen to it on the way to work to try and deflect the stress before it hits (sometimes I even sneak a song or two AT work! ) I think my favourite is the Tapestry of Dreams / Tapestry of Nations soundtrack from the EPCOT Millennium Celebration. I wish they'd bring that parade back - it was magical!
I agree. I have many happy memories of that parade and smile every time I hear the soundtrack!
missingFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 08:38 AM   #794
akasleepingbeauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skampigirl

I think my favourite is the Tapestry of Dreams / Tapestry of Nations soundtrack from the EPCOT Millennium Celebration. I wish they'd bring that parade back - it was magical!
I too love that music and I so wish they'd bring it back! My whole family loved that parade and we were all very disappointed when they stopped running it. I harbor a secret hope that they'll bring it back at some point!
Old 09-18-2012, 08:43 AM   #795
akasleepingbeauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by missingFL
khiguchi and akasleepingbeauty, thanks for the responses! It totally makes sense that Disney only does the runDisney events during the slower and cooler times. Maybe I could look into the Princess 5K because we have Winter Break the last week in February. I don't think my kids would forgive me if I went to Disney without them. But I can't think of anything that would motivate me more than a trip to Disney!
The Princess would be a great choice especially since you have winter break that week. I felt very strange going to Disney without my kids for the first time but they were surprisingly accepting. As much as anything, they seemed surprised that I'd want to go without them lol! I did, of course, bring them back a Disney memento or two It also helps if you have a family tripped planned so that you can remind them they'll be there with you soon.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: