Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-2012, 04:07 AM   #61
surfergrl31
2013 Disney Parks Moms Panelist

I'm so glad to see this year's thread up and going! This year went by really quickly and can't believe it is almost that time again!

A little about me....I'm a SAHM to five wonderful very energetic children ages 10,8,8,5,2. Life can get very hectic, but nothing is ever boring in our household! This is my 7th year applying for the panel so I'm hoping that number is as lucky as it is supposed to be. I did make it to round 3 last year and it was a wonderful crazy ride. Yes, it is crushing to make it that far and to get the "no" phone call. I'm back and will be back until Laura just personally asks me to stop. I cannot wait to ride this crazy ride with everyone, it's stressful, suspenseful and an absolute blast!!

For the application dates, I'm putting my money on September 10th. If I am remembering correctly, it is usually the Monday after labor day. I'll be the first to admit I have thought about my essay answers every single day of this year. At times I find myself talking aloud, just in case I get the privilege of ever getting to do that magical phone call again. My husband used to think I was just a little bit nutty, but he now knows it's a Disney thing. Slowly working my pixie dust on him, to turn him into a full fledged Disneyholic!

surfergrl31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 09:06 AM   #62
SAHDad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfergrl31 View Post
This is my 7th year applying for the panel so I'm hoping that number is as lucky as it is supposed to be.
Has it been so long since the first call for applications? I've applied every year, and lost count, although the total word count of all my applications is approaching NaNoWriMo territory!

Current running streak - 2017 days in a row. Yearly mileage to date: 179.1. Last update: 2/25/14.

All runners are equal. Some however, are apparently more equal than others.
SAHDad is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-29-2012, 10:15 AM   #63
RangerPooh
It's the little things that make our day
It was a nice surprise to find to find when I returned home from work

Hi my name's Keri and I'm a Disney addict, lol. I've applied each year too, so hoping that one of these years advances me past round 1 I'm a mom of 4; 2 girls, 2 boys ages 7, 5, 2, 1. DH and I each had Disney obsessiosn that was eventually passed onto our children. I can't tell you how many times Ive been to DL as we're originally form CA and even our WDW trip count has become fuzzy, but I can tell you that in the last 2 years we have made 3 trips to WDW, and 4 trips to DL. This includes camping for a month at FW

Disneyland Wedding 6.02.2003
RangerPooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 10:19 AM   #64
shinysparklybubbles
DIS Veteran

I'm going on vacation Labor Day week (sadly not to WDW) so my mind will be slightly preoccupied and not checking every 30 seconds to see if there is any updates!

What is your favorite treat on a Disney vacation? I LOVE the popcorn!
Old 07-29-2012, 02:43 PM   #65
surfergrl31
2013 Disney Parks Moms Panelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAHDad View Post
Has it been so long since the first call for applications? I've applied every year, and lost count, although the total word count of all my applications is approaching NaNoWriMo territory!
When I realized it had been seven years, I recounted and thought there is no way that number is right!

My favorite treat hands down is the ever loved Dole Whip Float, probably followed by the kakigori. I loved the Cottontop Tamarin Cupcake at Kusafiri Bakery. Okay, my sweet tooth is now officially doing it's own happy dance. Time to go raid the candy stash I've been hiding from the kids!

surfergrl31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 12:54 PM   #66
hawatkins23
Earning My Ears

I'm new to this forum but what exactly is the process to become a Disney mom? What does the application process involve? How many Disney moms are picked?
hawatkins23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 04:27 PM   #67
DisneyLifeMel
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawatkins23 View Post
I'm new to this forum but what exactly is the process to become a Disney mom? What does the application process involve? How many Disney moms are picked?
Hi Hawatkins23... The Disney World Moms Panel is a group of moms (and a few dads and even an aunt) who help answer questions for families planning all types of Disney vacations. The panel has moms who specialize in areas like DCL, RunDisney, Disneyland Resort, WDW and more.

You can find the moms and more info over on their official site. http://disneyworldforum.disney.go.com/ I have asked questions before, and let me tell you, these moms are amazing.

Each year the application process involves several rounds of essays and a phone interview, but you never know when they will throw in a twist. The final number accepted each year is a mystery as well. It could be 10, or it could be 20.

Best of luck to you!!
Old 08-02-2012, 12:14 PM   #68
beautygirlsmom
Mouseketeer

I just wanted to stop by and wish you all the very best of luck this year! I know a bunch of us "Moms" will be hanging out here with you, waiting to welcome you to the family!

There is not a more qualified bunch than the folks here at the DisBoards. I know we'll be meeting some of you in December!

Good luck, everyone!!

Anna
www.disneyworldmoms.com
beautygirlsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 12:28 PM   #69
MamaCrush
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautygirlsmom View Post
I just wanted to stop by and wish you all the very best of luck this year! I know a bunch of us "Moms" will be hanging out here with you, waiting to welcome you to the family!

There is not a more qualified bunch than the folks here at the DisBoards. I know we'll be meeting some of you in December!

Good luck, everyone!!

Anna
www.disneyworldmoms.com
Thank you, Anna! It's a honor to have you and other Moms hanging out with us. Let the Pixie Dust fly!

DCL Western 7-Day Cruise: January 2005 ~ Pop Century: September 2006 ~ Coronoado Springs Resort: September 2008 ~ Saratoga Springs: March 2009 ~ Old Key West: August 2009 ~ Boardwalk Villas: September 2009 -Adults Only! ~ Saratoga Springs: April, 2010 ~ Saratoga Springs: September 2010 - Mickey's Halloween 5K ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Village: November/December 2010 ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Village: February 2011 - Princess Royal Family 5K ~ Animal Kingdom Jambo House: May 2011 - Expedition Everest Challenge ~ Wilderness Lodge: June 2011 ~ All Star Movies: October 2011 - Kids Dancing with Disney Youth Performing Arts! ~ Saratoga Springs: January 2012 - Mommy/Daughter Birthday Trip - DD Turns 10! ~ June 2012 - Bay Lake Tower ~ September 2012 - Happy Haunted 5K Trail Run - Port Orleans Riverside ~ March 2013 - Solo Trip - Saratoga Springs ~ May 2013 - Expedition Everest Challenge with DS13 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
~ September 19-20 Solo Trip - Wilderness Lodge
MamaCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 12:49 PM   #70
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

It's so great to see the "Moms" coming here to wish us all luck! Hopefully, the new Moms Panel will include several of us of Disers!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 12:55 PM   #71
bunkkinsmom
No 9, so it's all good
frankly I thought they were pretty goo

My favorite treat is the Jalapeno Cream Cheese Pretzel..... MMMMMM!!!

Childhood Trips: Every other year from age 4-14 offsiteAdultTrip:1995 offsiteFamily Trips: November 01 Coronado Springs (pre-kids): Jan 09 OKW Jan 10 OKW : Jan 11 OKW : Jan 12 POR: Jan 14 CSR
bunkkinsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 01:47 PM   #72
JennaDeeDooDah
My oh my what a wonderful day!

I have a question. The guidelines before said that they want you to visit Disney in the past year. My next vacation is planned for December 8. I haven't been since my honeymoon in 2007. Does this make me ineligible, or qualified since I will have been in the past year from the date that the panelists start?
Old 08-02-2012, 05:28 PM   #73
DisneyLifeMel
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautygirlsmom View Post

Good luck, everyone!!

Anna
www.disneyworldmoms.com
Hi Anna!

Glad to see you here. Hoping the Pixie Dust flies my way this year!
Old 08-02-2012, 05:33 PM   #74
DisneyLifeMel
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennaDeeDooDah View Post
I have a question. The guidelines before said that they want you to visit Disney in the past year. My next vacation is planned for December 8. I haven't been since my honeymoon in 2007. Does this make me ineligible, or qualified since I will have been in the past year from the date that the panelists start?
Hi Jenna ~ A honeymoon at WDW sounds wonderful. I know you have tons of great memories from that visit. I want to say that the time frame is from the point of the application, meaning you would have needed to visit one of the resorts from September 2011 - September 2012 to qualify for this year's panel. Having said that, take a look at the application when it opens. You never know what new twists, turns and qualifications they are looking for this time.
Old 08-03-2012, 12:36 AM   #75
WeLoveLilo05
DIS Veteran

hi all
applied last year, made up to the video round. Unfortunatley I think that is the farthest I will ever get. God help me if I do get that far this year, took me FOREVER to figure out how to tape and load that up.

"Nothing is impossible, the word itself says "I'm Possible." ~ Audrey Hepburn

WeLoveLilo05 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: