Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-10-2012, 02:46 PM   #331
ShareADreamComeTrue
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJay View Post
Anybody else get two confirmation emails? I got one about five minutes after I submitted, then I got another one about fives minutes after that...
Did they both say the same thing?

January 1994 Surprise Christmas present - All Stars Music • December 2000 - All Stars Music • January 2007 - Pop Century • January 2008 - Pop Century • May 2008 - Disneyland off property (hilton) • January 2009 - Pop Century • May 2009 - Disneyland off property (confort inn) • January 2010 - Pop Century • September 2010 Pop Century • May 2011 - Disneyland off property (hilton) • September 2011 - Pop Century GOT ENGAGED! • NEXT TRIP?????
ShareADreamComeTrue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 02:48 PM   #332
shalecesjourney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by khiguchi View Post
I only got one, but the email said :
We have received your application to apply to become a member of the Walt Disney World® Moms Panel. You will receive an e-mail confirming receipt of your application shortly.

I never got a second one, so I was kind of confused about that!
I only got one as well. Some of my friends on Facebook got 2 emails after submitting their applications.

Our Pixar Themed Craft Pumpkins

May 2011 10 Nights Deluxe Dining Reviews

1981-2008 - 17 trips to Disney, 05/08 - Pop Century, 08/08 - Disneyland, 08/09 - Pop Century, 10/09 - BWV, 06/10 - Pop Century, 07/10 - POFQ, 08/10 - BC, 10/10 - BC, 12/10 - BC, 05/11 - POFQ, 10/11 - BC, 05/12 - POFQ, 05/12 - POR, 07/12 - AoA Cars Suite, POR Royal Room, 09/12 - Pop Century, 01/13 - POFQ, 02/13 - BC
shalecesjourney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-10-2012, 02:52 PM   #333
ShareADreamComeTrue
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalecesjourney View Post
I only got one as well. Some of my friends on Facebook got 2 emails after submitting their applications.
I'm curious to know if they both said the same thing.. I do know if I go back to the page I get this message "Our records indicate that you have already submitted an application to be a part of our panel." So I think we are good...

January 1994 Surprise Christmas present - All Stars Music • December 2000 - All Stars Music • January 2007 - Pop Century • January 2008 - Pop Century • May 2008 - Disneyland off property (hilton) • January 2009 - Pop Century • May 2009 - Disneyland off property (confort inn) • January 2010 - Pop Century • September 2010 Pop Century • May 2011 - Disneyland off property (hilton) • September 2011 - Pop Century GOT ENGAGED! • NEXT TRIP?????
Old 09-10-2012, 02:55 PM   #334
bonnieappetit
Mouseketeer

It does not say what the training dates are in December 2012. Does anyone know the dates? I am going on The Dis Cruise in December and if the Moms Panel training is the same time, then I can't apply.
bonnieappetit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 02:59 PM   #335
ShareADreamComeTrue
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonnieappetit View Post
It does not say what the training dates are in December 2012. Does anyone know the dates? I am going on The Dis Cruise in December and if the Moms Panel training is the same time, then I can't apply.
On the learn more page (http://disneyworldforum.disney.go.co...e_program.aspx) it says

All Panelists must:
Be 18 years of age or older.
Have access to a computer and an Internet connection.
Be familiar with Walt Disney World® or Disneyland Resort and visited either park at least once in the last 12 months. If applying to be a specialty panelist, you must have experienced that vacation within the last 24 months.*
Be fluent in the English language.
Be able to ccomplete at least twenty-five written responses per week.
Provide their opinions and feedback.
Submit an autobiography and personal photo and/or video to be posted online.
Be available to travel to Walt Disney World® Resort from December 7-11, 2012.
Not be or be an immediate family member of or reside with a current employee/cast member/contractor/advisor/board member of The Walt Disney Company or any of its affiliates or subsidiaries. In addition, panelists must not be employees, contractors, advisors or consultants for, must not hold more than a de minimis ownership interest in, and must not serve on the Board of Directors of, any company which owns or operates any hotel, resort or theme park located in Orange, Osceola, Lake or Seminole Counties, Florida or Orange County, California.
Not be currently employed in the travel, hotel or theme park industries (including being a travel agent or consultant); and not be an immediate family member of, or currently reside with, people currently employed in the travel, hotel or theme park industries (including being an immediate family member of, or currently residing with a travel agent or consultant).

Hopefully that's not when your cruise is!

Old 09-10-2012, 03:01 PM   #336
Colleen27
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonnieappetit View Post
From the "learn more" page, under requirements: Be available to travel to Walt Disney World® Resort from December 7-11, 2012. That has me really hoping I make it because it looks like my Dec trip is going to be postponed a year!

Tickerless once more...Kid-free trip on hold until fall 2014
How a Year Off Became a Year of Disney Magic! PTR
My Training Blog - From Fluffy to Fit: A Pooh Sized Runner's Quest to Run Disney
Colleen27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 03:01 PM   #337
helloconnie
DIS Veteran

Confirmation Email

Hmmmm.... I haven't received one yet.

BLT - Oct 2013, DCL/Fantasy & Boardwalk Villas - June 2012, Bay Lake Tower - December 2010, October 2010, June 2010, AKV- Kidani - Feb 2010, Beach Club Resort 2009, Wilderness Lodge 2008, Carribbean Beach Resort 1999, Dolphin 1991, Offsite (3) 1996, 1988, 1985 (If memory servers me)

helloconnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 03:03 PM   #338
Colleen27
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by khiguchi View Post
I only got one, but the email said :
We have received your application to apply to become a member of the Walt Disney World® Moms Panel. You will receive an e-mail confirming receipt of your application shortly.

I never got a second one, so I was kind of confused about that!
I got that too, but no second e-mail yet. If I go to the site it shows I've already submitted an application, though, so I'm not too worried about it.

Tickerless once more...Kid-free trip on hold until fall 2014
How a Year Off Became a Year of Disney Magic! PTR
My Training Blog - From Fluffy to Fit: A Pooh Sized Runner's Quest to Run Disney
Colleen27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 03:03 PM   #339
ShareADreamComeTrue
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by helloconnie View Post
Hmmmm.... I haven't received one yet.
Check your spam. You can also try clicking on the apply button again (as long as you are logged in) to check. I get a message thanking me for my submission when I do.

Old 09-10-2012, 03:08 PM   #340
bonnieappetit
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShareADreamComeTrue View Post
On the learn more page (http://disneyworldforum.disney.go.co...e_program.aspx) it says

All Panelists must:
Be 18 years of age or older.
Have access to a computer and an Internet connection.
Be familiar with Walt Disney World® or Disneyland Resort and visited either park at least once in the last 12 months. If applying to be a specialty panelist, you must have experienced that vacation within the last 24 months.*
Be fluent in the English language.
Be able to ccomplete at least twenty-five written responses per week.
Provide their opinions and feedback.
Submit an autobiography and personal photo and/or video to be posted online.
Be available to travel to Walt Disney World® Resort from December 7-11, 2012.
Not be or be an immediate family member of or reside with a current employee/cast member/contractor/advisor/board member of The Walt Disney Company or any of its affiliates or subsidiaries. In addition, panelists must not be employees, contractors, advisors or consultants for, must not hold more than a de minimis ownership interest in, and must not serve on the Board of Directors of, any company which owns or operates any hotel, resort or theme park located in Orange, Osceola, Lake or Seminole Counties, Florida or Orange County, California.
Not be currently employed in the travel, hotel or theme park industries (including being a travel agent or consultant); and not be an immediate family member of, or currently reside with, people currently employed in the travel, hotel or theme park industries (including being an immediate family member of, or currently residing with a travel agent or consultant).

Hopefully that's not when your cruise is!
Thanks for the quick response. Yes, it is during the Dis Pocast Cruise! So I guess I'm out for this year. Good luck and pixie dust to all of you who apply this year!
bonnieappetit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 03:11 PM   #341
DisneyLifeMel
Mouseketeer

I only received the first email. Maybe the second one arrives after it has been routed to the person who will read it. Who knows? I checked, and the DMP page says that it has received my app, so I am not going to worry on this too hard.
Old 09-10-2012, 03:15 PM   #342
PolynesianPixie
Creating my own fairy tale reality, one day at a time! I'm a freakin' carnival!
I'll even call you a slob or a butt head or something if that helps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinysparklybubbles View Post
Has it ever closed early due to reaching the cap?
They did the very first year. I know this because I was on a cruise when applications opened. I came home ready to apply before the deadline, but could not due to them reaching capacity.

It wasn't even a Disney Cruise.

Writer for The Disney Driven Life http://thedisneydrivenlife.com/author/ndm381/

Check out my blog: http://faithtrustandpixiedusted.blogspot.com/ and Disney Goddess
@DisneyAmiBE on Twitter
PolynesianPixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 03:19 PM   #343
Marnm02
Mouseketeer

Ok, I know we aren't supposed to discuss questions too much before apps are closed, but I'm freaking out about the Dole Whip question.

I put "soft serve" because of this listing on the WDW website http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/listing/ referring to it as "soft serve ice cream" and because I know there is no actual pineapple in it, just juice concentrate. I felt uneasy because I've heard it's special non-dairy ice cream, but I went with my gut anyway. Now I've looked into it more and seen a lot of stuff about how it really shouldn't be called "ice cream." It's making me nervous. I really hope Disney will take either answer, since there "technically" is no ice cream and there "technically" is no pineapple, but both ingredients are mentioned, one on the Aloha Isle restaurant listing, and another on the Aloha Isle signage...
Marnm02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 03:24 PM   #344
LilGMom
It makes me want to Kiss on the lips!
I have caught myself laughing more than a few times

I haven't gotten an email confirmation in my Inbox or my Spam Box. When I go to the MMC site and log in it does tell me that I have already admitted an application so I am hoping that it went through ok.

The travel dates would be awesome since it would be starting on my birthday. Maybe the the fifth, or sixth, time will be the charm.
Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo, Animal Kingdom Villas Kidani (aka "Home"), Bay Lake Towers, Beach Club Villas, Boardwalk Villas, Carribean Beach, The Contemporary, Coronado Springs, Old Key West, Pop Century, Port Orleans French Quarter, Port Orleans Riverside, Saratoga Springs (aka "Home"), Shades of Green, Swan, Treehouse Villas, Villas at Wilderness Lodge, Wilderness Lodge, Yacht Club, & the Disney Dream.

Upcoming trips: Whenver we feel like it. Living close has its perks.
"Well if there's enough room for a chowder-head like you, then there is more than enough room for a dragon" - Pete's Dragon
LilGMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 03:25 PM   #345
pyrxtc
Married 10-5-02
The inside of the Tangled clothes are not that pretty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marnm02 View Post
Ok, I know we aren't supposed to discuss questions too much before apps are closed, but I'm freaking out about the Dole Whip question.

I put "soft serve" because of this listing on the WDW website http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/listing/ referring to it as "soft serve ice cream" and because I know there is no actual pineapple in it, just juice concentrate. I felt uneasy because I've heard it's special non-dairy ice cream, but I went with my gut anyway. Now I've looked into it more and seen a lot of stuff about how it really shouldn't be called "ice cream." It's making me nervous. I really hope Disney will take either answer, since there "technically" is no ice cream and there "technically" is no pineapple, but both ingredients are mentioned, one on the Aloha Isle restaurant listing, and another on the Aloha Isle signage...
Well then we would both be out because that is what it makes it taste so good !

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: