Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-07-2012, 01:23 PM   #181
Laurali
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizkrazkate
I am super anxious! We leave for WDW on Wednesday. I am hoping the applications will open Monday, but I have a suspicion they won't, and that when they do open, it will be open for a shorter window.

Thank goodness the resorts now have wifi! And we are at Magic Kingdom on Thursday which also now has wifi. I will be bringing my trusty iPad with me on the trip! If needed I will send the rest of the crew ahead and I and the baby (4mo old and nursing) will stay behind at the resort to do the application and then catch up with the rest of the crew an hour or two later.

There are 16 of us going and staying at Kidani (we r DVC) from 9/12 to 9/19. At last all the planning, shirt making, packing and 3 more night shifts before then is keeping me from dwelling on it too much.
I feel very similar to you! We leave this Sunday, and I will be bringing my laptop. We are staying at CBR and then move to AKL. 9/9-9/17 This is our first time at the animal kingdom so we are super excited! Hopefully it will bring us extra pixie dust to apply from there!

Laurali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 01:27 PM   #182
DisneyLifeMel
Mouseketeer

Monday would be awesome... leave it to Laura Spencer to do something crazy, like open it on a Wednesday. I love the speculating. It is all part of the process!
Register to remove

Old 09-07-2012, 02:25 PM   #183
ShareADreamComeTrue
Earning My Ears

Have you guys seen this?

Maybe they weren't supposed to post this info but...

http://slickdeals.net/f/5120350-Appl...anel-9-10-9-14

"Apply for the Disney 2013 Moms Panel 9/10-9/14
Have a passion for planning Disney Vacations? ¿Habla español y le gusta vacaciones de Disney? Apply for the 2013 Moms Panel this September!

Mark your calendar! Disney Parks will launch the 2013 Walt Disney World Moms Panel search this September, inviting anyone with a passion for Disney vacations to apply for a spot on the panel. Learn more at http://disneymomspanelsearch2013.com/.

New for this year, Disney Parks is seeking a first-ever Sports Team Mom. The best match for this position will have experience planning team travel to ESPN's Wide World of Sports Complex and know how to combine athletics with a dash of Pixie Dust for a fun-filled family vacation.

Disney is also seeking bilingual panelists and international travelers who have experienced Disney vacations around the world to share their smarts on the site.

The Walt Disney World Moms Panel is an online resource for families planning a Disney vacation, offering insights and advice from real Disney fans who are dedicated to sharing their knowledge with others.

Interested? Apply September 10-14 at http://disneymomspanelsearch2013.com/"

Monday may indeed be the day!
ShareADreamComeTrue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 02:27 PM   #184
ShareADreamComeTrue
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyLifeMel View Post
What a trip! How exciting to get engaged in the most magical place on earth. Sounds like the perfect Prince Charming. Best wishes to you this year!
Thank you so much! He really is... 9 Years in he still surprises me!

Good luck to you as well!

January 1994 Surprise Christmas present - All Stars Music • December 2000 - All Stars Music • January 2007 - Pop Century • January 2008 - Pop Century • May 2008 - Disneyland off property (hilton) • January 2009 - Pop Century • May 2009 - Disneyland off property (confort inn) • January 2010 - Pop Century • September 2010 Pop Century • May 2011 - Disneyland off property (hilton) • September 2011 - Pop Century GOT ENGAGED!NEXT TRIP?????
Old 09-07-2012, 02:33 PM   #185
CarrieR
DIS Veteran

Ooh thanks! You are the mystery date finder winner!!
CarrieR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 02:42 PM   #186
surfergrl31
2013 Disney Parks Moms Panelist

I figured it would be Monday, I think it's been the Monday after labor day for a few years now. How am I going to get anything done this weekend!? I'm already mentally answering questions in my head in preparation for Monday.

BTW~I am totally a spreadsheet mom, I even have backup spreadsheets! When you have little ones, especially when they are potty training, you're schedule always goes a little bit off course.

surfergrl31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 02:51 PM   #187
shinysparklybubbles
DIS Veteran

I'm torn about if I want to read my answers from last year. They were good enough to get me to round 2 but I am not sure if they will inspire me or get me caught up thinking about them over and over! Either way I'm excited and hoping to make some new friends along the way!
Old 09-07-2012, 03:10 PM   #188
ShareADreamComeTrue
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinysparklybubbles View Post
I'm torn about if I want to read my answers from last year. They were good enough to get me to round 2 but I am not sure if they will inspire me or get me caught up thinking about them over and over! Either way I'm excited and hoping to make some new friends along the way!
Don't do it! You don't want to obsess over what you did right or wrong last year right before you have to do it again!
Old 09-07-2012, 04:20 PM   #189
baseballmickey
DDC #644

If monday is the day, then I'll probably try to keep myself as busy a possible so I don't obsess over it.

My opinion on round 1 is not to rush it. This is when the most people are in it, so don't make any grammatical or spelling mistakes. If you want to use Word to check what you wrote, copy from the window, then paste into word, and make the changes in the window so you don't paste back.

Also IMO, any question that allows you to type in an answer, instead of just clicking on yes/no, true/false, etc., is an opportunity to show your personality and passion! Use that space!

Good luck everyone!!

Numerous Trips as a kid from 1974-1993. WDWCP MK Custodial Spring '94. Off Property, 1995, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001. Land/Sea @ ASMR/Wonder 2002. CBR 2003. POR 2006. Off Property 2007. DVC @ SSR since 2007.. SSR 2008, 2009.. BWV March 2010. SSR December 2010.
BLT/DCL Dream/BCV July/August 2012
DISDad #644
I'm Going Away... FOREVER! Oh, Great! Could You Get Me a Sandwich? A TR In Progress
My First Trip Report - Escape from New York, Dec 26, 2010 - Jan 1, 2011 - COMPLETED!
Our Disney Blog: "Home is Where the Mouse is"

Treguna Mekoides and Trecorum Satis Dee
baseballmickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 09:05 PM   #190
Skampigirl
To all who have come to this happy place, welcome!

Ah, Monday makes makes perfect sense as it has traditionally been the week after Labour Day. The suspense is killing me so I hope it is soon!

Wishing extra special magical vacations to our upcoming Disney vacationers - have a wonderful time!!

Laura

September 2012 / Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10 miler and Mickey's Happy Haunted Trail 5K / Port Orleans Riverside -- January 2013 - Tinkerbell Half Marathon & Neverland 5K, Disneyland / Disneyland Hotel -- November 2013 - Jingle Jungle 5K & Wine & Dine Half Marathon - Port Orleans Riverside -- January 2014 - Girlfriend trip, WL CL -- August 2014 - Trip of a Lifetime - Adventures By Disney Paris/Versailles/Normandy and Disneyland Paris !

Skampigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 09:08 PM   #191
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!

Thanks for the Monday reminder!!

I'll be joining in yet again for all the fun and follies!
Marshay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 01:39 AM   #192
nobodies36
Addicted to Stitch!

Look like I will get to apply from the most magical place on earth as I am leaving from the airport in an hour!

Luck and Pixie dust for all!
June 2005 - 21 nights Hilton Garden Inn @ Sea World; September 2006 - 28 nights Hilton Garden Inn @ Sea World; September 2007 - 14 Nights WDW POP & 10 nights Crowne Plaza Universal; September 2008 - 14 nights POP & 7 nights Hampton Inn @ Point Orlando; August 2009 - 21 nights @ PORS ; December 2009 - 14 nights @ BCV ; June 2010 - 16 nights July @ SSR/AKV ; December 2010 - 14 nights @ GRAND FLORIDIAN! (what an upgrade from Pop) ; September 2011 - 14 nights @ Contemporary Hospitality Suite (as they forgot to book my AKL room) ; March 2012- 14 nights @ AKV Kidani Village- 30th birthday trip! ; September 2012- 14 nights @ BCV ; September/October 2013- 16 nights @ POP/BLT ; April 5-12 2014 - Saturday Night Takeaway Trip to Universal Cabana Bay ; May/June 2014 - 14 nights at BCV
nobodies36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 07:34 AM   #193
Twingle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshay View Post
Thanks for the Monday reminder!!

I'll be joining in yet again for all the fun and follies!
Hey Marshay - was hoping to see you on this thread again this year!

I've applied every year, and gotten to round two twice. Good luck everyone!

Avatar compliments of Mr. DiRTy BuNNy, who created it when I informed him that I didn't have an avatar because I couldn't find one that was "me".
Twingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 11:49 AM   #194
jjzmgailey
DIS Veteran

Where's Twende?? I haven't seen her yet on this thread!
Me (NeuroticDisneyMom#30) drinkin' my coffee, readin' the DIS DH DS 15 DD 11
| Disney Parks Moms Panel | Jackie's Magical Moments | Follow Me On Twitter
UPCOMING VISITS: Disney's Old Key West Resort Sept 2013 | Disney's Polynesian Resort October 2013
PAST VISITS: Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa April 2013 | Disney's Wilderness Lodge April 2013 | Disney's Beach Club Resort Feb 2013 | 2013 WDW Moms Panel Training Weekend!!! Dec 2012 | Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa Oct 2012 | Disney's Art of Animation Resort Sept 2012 | Disney's Yacht Club Resort April 2012 (DisneySMMoms) | Offsite Vacation Home for Princess 5K Feb 2012 | Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa Dec 2011 | Disney's Bay Lake Tower Oct 2011 | Disney's Old Key West Resort Sept 2011 | Disney's Vero Beach Resort May 2011 | Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort May 2011 | Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa March 2011 (DisneySMMoms) | Disney's Polynesian Resort Feb 2010 (DisneySMMoms) | Disney's Saratoga Springs TreeHouse Villas Sept 2009 | Disneyland Resort Area Feb 2009 | Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa Sept 2008 | Disney's Old Key West Resort April 2008 | Disneyland Resort Area Nov 2007 | Disneyland Hotel Dec 2006 | Disneyland Hotel Feb 2004
jjzmgailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 11:57 AM   #195
S'sMom
DIS Veteran

I saw this... Very Interesting :o)

I figured that the date would probably be soon. I am not sure if I will apply, after year 5 last year, I am almost inclined to believe that it is not for me.

However, having said that, the whole process is interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShareADreamComeTrue View Post
Maybe they weren't supposed to post this info but...

http://slickdeals.net/f/5120350-Appl...anel-9-10-9-14

"Apply for the Disney 2013 Moms Panel 9/10-9/14
Have a passion for planning Disney Vacations? ¿Habla español y le gusta vacaciones de Disney? Apply for the 2013 Moms Panel this September!

Mark your calendar! Disney Parks will launch the 2013 Walt Disney World Moms Panel search this September, inviting anyone with a passion for Disney vacations to apply for a spot on the panel. Learn more at http://disneymomspanelsearch2013.com/.

New for this year, Disney Parks is seeking a first-ever Sports Team Mom. The best match for this position will have experience planning team travel to ESPN's Wide World of Sports Complex and know how to combine athletics with a dash of Pixie Dust for a fun-filled family vacation.

Disney is also seeking bilingual panelists and international travelers who have experienced Disney vacations around the world to share their smarts on the site.

The Walt Disney World Moms Panel is an online resource for families planning a Disney vacation, offering insights and advice from real Disney fans who are dedicated to sharing their knowledge with others.

Interested? Apply September 10-14 at http://disneymomspanelsearch2013.com/"

Monday may indeed be the day!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: