Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2012, 05:53 PM   #166
jforever52
Mouseketeer

Hi all!

I'll be joining you guys as well in the waiting room. So excited to try again!

This will be my second time applying. Even though I didn't make it past round 1 last year I certainly had a great time dreaming of being a mom's panelist. It was also a hoot to read along as our number's dwindled down through the selection process.

In terms of an introduction I am a 34 year old mother of 2 who works as an attorney to support my Disney habit. I have a 9 year old son and a 3 year old daughter. My DH and I have been married 13 years. We have been to WDW 3 times (last visit was in 2009) and DL more times than I can count! Living in California makes trips to DL much easier for this family. We purchased DVC about 2 years ago and we LOVE our Disney vacations.

I'm currently planning our 1st trip to Aulani in February 2013. I'm excited to see how Disney does Hawaii but am secretly pining away for a Disney World trip. We gave DS the option of Disney World or Hawaii and he chose Hawaii. While I am excited, I am missing my home away from home.

My last trip to DL was in June of this year. DS and I went down for a one day whirlwind tour of DL. We hit all 4 mountains in 1 1/2 hours!!!!

Good luck to everyone!

April 2006-Disney World All Star Sports;April 2007-Disney World All Star Music; May 2009-Disney World All Star Music; June 2010-Disneyland (Embassey Suites); October 2010-Disneyland (Paradise Pier); February 2011-Disneyland (Disneyland Hotel); May 2011-Disneyland (Grand Californian-Welcome Home!);October 2011-Disneyland (Grand Californian-ADULTS only!); January 2012; June 2012 (mother-son 4 mountain challenge); February 2013 (one day, one wheelchair); October 2013 (Adults Only)

Trip Report(s):

Back to the 'Land After So Many Years-June 2010--Completed]The Yr of the Annual Pass-The year starts October 2010!--Completed
jforever52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 07:05 PM   #167
shalecesjourney
DIS Veteran

Just wanted to join everyone who's waiting!

I applied for the first time two years ago and made it to Round 2. Last year, I made it to Round 3. Here's hoping I can make it just one step further this year.

Wishing everyone lots of pixie dust!

Our Pixar Themed Craft Pumpkins

May 2011 10 Nights Deluxe Dining Reviews

1981-2008 - 17 trips to Disney, 05/08 - Pop Century, 08/08 - Disneyland, 08/09 - Pop Century, 10/09 - BWV, 06/10 - Pop Century, 07/10 - POFQ, 08/10 - BC, 10/10 - BC, 12/10 - BC, 05/11 - POFQ, 10/11 - BC, 05/12 - POFQ, 05/12 - POR, 07/12 - AoA Cars Suite, POR Royal Room, 09/12 - Pop Century, 01/13 - POFQ, 02/13 - BC
shalecesjourney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-06-2012, 07:21 PM   #168
snshine123
DIS Veteran

Hi all! I read this thread religiously all of last year and I am in awe of each and every one of you! I have never applied, but I may someday when the time is right. In the meantime you spirit, faith, determination but more importantly, your unconditional support of one another is the true meaning of what the Disney spirit is all about. Every person here embodies it and exudes it to the fullest. The Mom's Panel would be blessed to have ANY of you!! May faith, hope, and pixie dust shine down on you as you embark on this magnificent journey. Believe in the possibilities... Live the dream! Many Hugs- Gayle 

snshine123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 09:53 PM   #169
khiguchi
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jforever52 View Post

I'm currently planning our 1st trip to Aulani in February 2013. I'm excited to see how Disney does Hawaii but am secretly pining away for a Disney World trip. We gave DS the option of Disney World or Hawaii and he chose Hawaii. While I am excited, I am missing my home away from home.

My last trip to DL was in June of this year. DS and I went down for a one day whirlwind tour of DL. We hit all 4 mountains in 1 1/2 hours!!!!

Good luck to everyone!
Welcome, and OMG I loved Aulani so much, I know you will, too! :D Here's a bit of my recap about it:Part I, Part II

Gearing up for 2013 Wine and Dine Half Marathon, BQ Attempt #3 at Space Coast Marathon, the Inaugural WDW 10K and my third go at runDisney Mom!

SHIAWASE LIFE : MY BLOG ABOUT RUNNING, DISNEY & LIVING A HAPPY LIFE! / Follow me on twitter at @krissymmurphy

2013 DISNEYLAND HALF MARATHON AND DUMBO DARE TRIP: GRAND CALIFORNIAN - 2013 TINKER BELL HALF MARATHON TRIP: GRAND CALIFORNIAN & PARADISE PIER - 2013 WDW MARATHON TRIP: BAY LAKE TOWER & BEACH CLUB VILLAS -PRINCESS 1/2 TRIP: BOARDWALK VILLAS 2012 - AULANI 2011 - DL HALF TRIP: THE VILLAS AT DISNEY'S GRAND CALIFORNIAN 2011 - WDW 1/2 TRIP: SARATOGA SPRINGS 2011 - THE VILLAS AT DISNEY'S GRAND CALIFORNIAN 2010 - CORONADO SPRINGS 2010 - DISNEY MAGIC 2009 - GRAND FLORIDIAN 2009 - DISNEY WONDER 2009 (FEB & MAR) - DAKL 2009 - POR 2008 - DISNEY WONDER 2008 - WDW GUEST RELATIONS & TOURS 2007-2010 - DISNEY WONDER 2007 - WDWCP 2006-2007 - POP CENTURY 2005 -
khiguchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 10:55 PM   #170
ticofan
Mouseketeer

Hints on Application Opening

I was reading Laura's blog and noticed she was giving hints about when applications will start.

"I will be dropping hints about the date. You gotta Be. On. It. Hint. Don’t let the moment pass!"

I haven't got a clue. Does anyone have an idea on how to decipher the message?

Has anyone seen any other hints?

I am trying to Think Pink!

ticofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 11:01 PM   #171
Laurali
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ticofan
I was reading Laura's blog and noticed she was giving hints about when applications will start.

"I will be dropping hints about the date. You gotta Be. On. It. Hint. Don’t let the moment pass!"

I haven't got a clue. Does anyone have an idea on how to decipher the message?

Has anyone seen any other hints?

I am trying to Think Pink!

I took it as you had to be on the moms panel site to check religiously for the start and that perhaps the window will be shorter?
Scratched my brain often as well

Laurali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 12:15 AM   #172
CastawayJP
Proud to have introduced HydroFlask to the Dis

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyLifeMel View Post
The only thing getting my mind off the MP selection is finalizing the details for my girls-only Food & Wine weekend... now I need to think of a gift for the girls. I was thinking of putting together special lanyards & ordering the "Minnie & Daisy bff" trading pin ~OR~ I could order a customized Disney Tervis Tumbler. At least with the tumbler, we'd use them more often.

What do you think?
I would avoid the Tervis Tumbler. We sold them in the tennis shop I used to work at, and they don't last. Some of the ladies got me a 4 pack of the "Big T" and two years later only one of them hasn't separated in the washer. And they spent 9 months in storage still new in the box!

Go with the pins!

Looking forward to apps opening up!
Past Cruises: 4/07 Wonder, 7/07 Wonder, 11/07 Wonder, 5/08 Wonder, 11/08 Magic (Western), 6/10 Wonder (5 night), 08/11 Magic (7 night Med), 2/14 Dream
CastawayJP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 07:23 AM   #173
jennabcassell
Mouseketeer

Tervis Tumblers have a lifetime warranty! Send them back and they will send you new ones! I have some I've had for years and a few that I've had to send back!

jennabcassell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 07:30 AM   #174
Skampigirl
To all who have come to this happy place, welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jforever52 View Post
I'll be joining you guys as well in the waiting room. So excited to try again!

This will be my second time applying. Even though I didn't make it past round 1 last year I certainly had a great time dreaming of being a mom's panelist. It was also a hoot to read along as our number's dwindled down through the selection process.

Good luck to everyone!
It's so amazing to have so many talented Disney Moms (we're all Moms Panel Moms at heart - it's just not official yet! ) Wow, 4 mountains in 1 1/2 hours - that deserves a special Disney pin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalecesjourney View Post
Just wanted to join everyone who's waiting!

I applied for the first time two years ago and made it to Round 2. Last year, I made it to Round 3. Here's hoping I can make it just one step further this year.

Wishing everyone lots of pixie dust!
Pixie dust to you too - this year you're going to go all the way!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snshine123 View Post
Hi all! I read this thread religiously all of last year and I am in awe of each and every one of you! I have never applied, but I may someday when the time is right. In the meantime you spirit, faith, determination but more importantly, your unconditional support of one another is the true meaning of what the Disney spirit is all about. Every person here embodies it and exudes it to the fullest. The Mom's Panel would be blessed to have ANY of you!! May faith, hope, and pixie dust shine down on you as you embark on this magnificent journey. Believe in the possibilities... Live the dream! Many Hugs- Gayle 
What a beautiful note, Gayle - thank you!! I think that's what is so amazing about this group too. There is lots of joy and tears, but through it all everyone is there for each other! I know speaking for myself I was as excited for the "Moms" who made it last year as I would have been for myself - and felt the pain for all of us who didn't quite get there! Many hugs to you too!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurali View Post
I took it as you had to be on the moms panel site to check religiously for the start and that perhaps the window will be shorter?
Scratched my brain often as well
I was wondering that too - yikes! I don't think I'll sleep for the next week or so, just in case

Happy Friday, everyone - wishing you a weekend full of pixie dust and sweet Disney dreams!

Laura

September 2012 / Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10 miler and Mickey's Happy Haunted Trail 5K / Port Orleans Riverside -- January 2013 - Tinkerbell Half Marathon & Neverland 5K, Disneyland / Disneyland Hotel -- November 2013 - Jingle Jungle 5K & Wine & Dine Half Marathon - Port Orleans Riverside -- January 2014 - Girlfriend trip, WL CL -- August 2014 - Trip of a Lifetime - Adventures By Disney Paris/Versailles/Normandy and Disneyland Paris !

Skampigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 10:46 AM   #175
mistydoodles
Disney Addict

Waiting.

POR Nov 15th-23rd 2012 for DD 16th Bday Celebration
CBR Feb 16- Feb 23rd '11
CSR Nov 21-29th '08
POR Nov 9-17th '07
POFQ Dec 9-16th '06
POFQ Dec 10-17th '05
ASMO Dec 18-23rd '04
mistydoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 11:34 AM   #176
ShareADreamComeTrue
Earning My Ears

Super Excited to Apply again

This will be my second time applying. Last year was my first time, applications opened the day after we got to DW so that morning I sat in my room at POP and rushed through the application (probably not the best idea) and delayed everyone's trip into the park so I could be sure to get my application in

I didn't make it past the first round (though I did get engaged on that trip!) but I'm hoping to make it in this year! :

Good luck everyone!
ShareADreamComeTrue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 12:34 PM   #177
DisneyLifeMel
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjzmgailey View Post
... and I have lots of pool time worked into my crazy spreadsheet! LOL!
Thank you , Jackie... I thought I was the only crazy-spreadsheet-mom! Good to know I am not alone. I am amazed that your daughter will be 11 by then. Wasn't she about 8 last week?? Time flies.
Old 09-07-2012, 12:39 PM   #178
DisneyLifeMel
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShareADreamComeTrue View Post
This will be my second time applying. Last year was my first time, applications opened the day after we got to DW so that morning I sat in my room at POP and rushed through the application (probably not the best idea) and delayed everyone's trip into the park so I could be sure to get my application in

I didn't make it past the first round (though I did get engaged on that trip!) but I'm hoping to make it in this year! :

Good luck everyone!
What a trip! How exciting to get engaged in the most magical place on earth. Sounds like the perfect Prince Charming. Best wishes to you this year!
Old 09-07-2012, 01:02 PM   #179
dizkrazkate
Mouseketeer

I am super anxious! We leave for WDW on Wednesday. I am hoping the applications will open Monday, but I have a suspicion they won't, and that when they do open, it will be open for a shorter window.

Thank goodness the resorts now have wifi! And we are at Magic Kingdom on Thursday which also now has wifi. I will be bringing my trusty iPad with me on the trip! If needed I will send the rest of the crew ahead and I and the baby (4mo old and nursing) will stay behind at the resort to do the application and then catch up with the rest of the crew an hour or two later.

There are 16 of us going and staying at Kidani (we r DVC) from 9/12 to 9/19. At last all the planning, shirt making, packing and 3 more night shifts before then is keeping me from dwelling on it too much.

*New Blog Post 11/15/13 Making R3*

1978-off site 1981- off site 1986 - Marriot World Center 1989-Magic Music Days off site 1991-Magic Music Days Caribbean Beach Resort 1993-Magic Music Days Caribbean Beach Resort 1998-Coronado Springs 2008-off site 2009-Kidani Village 2010-Saratoga Springs 2010-All Star Movies 2010-Kidani Village2011-Disneyland2011-BLT2012-Kidani2013-Villas at Wilderness Lodge2014-Kidani Princess Half Marathon!
dizkrazkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 01:17 PM   #180
khiguchi
Mouseketeer

I have a sneaking suspicion Monday's the day

Gearing up for 2013 Wine and Dine Half Marathon, BQ Attempt #3 at Space Coast Marathon, the Inaugural WDW 10K and my third go at runDisney Mom!

SHIAWASE LIFE : MY BLOG ABOUT RUNNING, DISNEY & LIVING A HAPPY LIFE! / Follow me on twitter at @krissymmurphy

2013 DISNEYLAND HALF MARATHON AND DUMBO DARE TRIP: GRAND CALIFORNIAN - 2013 TINKER BELL HALF MARATHON TRIP: GRAND CALIFORNIAN & PARADISE PIER - 2013 WDW MARATHON TRIP: BAY LAKE TOWER & BEACH CLUB VILLAS -PRINCESS 1/2 TRIP: BOARDWALK VILLAS 2012 - AULANI 2011 - DL HALF TRIP: THE VILLAS AT DISNEY'S GRAND CALIFORNIAN 2011 - WDW 1/2 TRIP: SARATOGA SPRINGS 2011 - THE VILLAS AT DISNEY'S GRAND CALIFORNIAN 2010 - CORONADO SPRINGS 2010 - DISNEY MAGIC 2009 - GRAND FLORIDIAN 2009 - DISNEY WONDER 2009 (FEB & MAR) - DAKL 2009 - POR 2008 - DISNEY WONDER 2008 - WDW GUEST RELATIONS & TOURS 2007-2010 - DISNEY WONDER 2007 - WDWCP 2006-2007 - POP CENTURY 2005 -
khiguchi is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: