Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-29-2013, 02:02 AM   #436
Kiwigirls
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by longtimedisneylurker

That's the way they always do the photo at Minnie's no matter what time you arrive. No character in the photo. Don't like that they do it that way.
Hi I had been meaning to ask this, seems pretty lame to not have a character in the photo! We can get a family photo anywhere in the parks - at the character breakfast you want a character! So Minnie is never in the 'staged' photo at this meal???
Old 06-29-2013, 02:03 AM   #437
longtimedisneylurker
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwigirls View Post

Hi I had been meaning to ask this, seems pretty lame to not have a character in the photo! We can get a family photo anywhere in the parks - at the character breakfast you want a character! So Minnie is never in the 'staged' photo at this meal???
Not that in my experience or from anything I have heard of others' experiences.
longtimedisneylurker is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-29-2013, 02:15 AM   #438
Rebekkap
Australian Mouseketeer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jescal75 View Post
We've done Minnie and friends breakfast the last 2 years and both times had a great experience there were lots of characters and pretty much all of them came by and had some sort of interaction with my kids they signed books and stopped for pictures..
We were really disappointed with Minnie and friends breakfast - from start to finish.

First we had to line up even though we had an advance reservation, wait for ages, and then took a table outside even though it was cold (it was January) because the wait (even with a ressie) was 40 mins for a table inside. Why bother making a reservation?

The food was really average - I've eaten better at chain hotels.

But worst of all, maybe because we were two adults with no kids, but not a single character came to our table the whole time we were there. By the time we'd eaten the (really average) breakfast and were wanting to leave to go ride the rides (about an hour later), I was almost in tears I was so disappointed. It was our last day at Disneyland and I'd booked the breakfast so we could get pics with the characters. They just weren't interested in coming anywhere near us.

I get that we're adults, but we wouldn't have booked a character breakfast if we didn't want to interact with the characters! It was particularly disappointing having done a character breakfast at the Hong Kong Disneyland hotel earlier in the year, where the character interaction was awesome and where no-one treats you any different just cause you don't have kids with you!

As we were leaving a lovely CM noticed I was upset and asked why, and she went to get Eyore to have a pic taken with us, which was nice, but honestly the whole experience was a negative. I wouldn't go back, and I wouldn't recommend it.
Disneyland California - July 1987 (with my grandmother &brother), Disneyland Paris - May 2009 (with mum & friends), Disneyworld - December 2011 (with my DP), Hong Kong Disneyland - March 2012 (with my DP), Disneyland California/Disney's California Adventure - June 2012 (solo), Disneyland California/Disney's California Adventure - December 2012/January 2013 (with my DP), Disneyland California/Disney's California Adventure - July 2013 (with my aunt), Disneyworld - May 2014 (with my sister), Disneyland and maybe Disneyworld and Harry Potter - March 2015 solo trip
Rebekkap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 08:36 AM   #439
TigerlilyAJ
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by longtimedisneylurker View Post
That's the way they always do the photo at Minnie's no matter what time you arrive. No character in the photo. Don't like that they do it that way.
Oh! OK. At all the other meals, our host or hostess (character named in the title of the meal) greets you as you enter and is in the photo. How do they expect to sell that photo with no character? (Just a rhetorical question.)

Quote:
Honestly, I don't go to character meals for good food. I guess though for food quality, Storyteller's is the way to go. Buffet selection is limited, but the food is tasty. Character interaction is just ok.
Oh, I know. We didn't go for the food either the first time, but now I care more since we've met so many characters (more than 50). Having said that, though, Storytellers seems too light on characters (or at least on ones my kids know), but it is tempting so that we can say we've done every character meal. Will consider. Thanks!
TigerlilyAJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 09:01 AM   #440
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerlilyAJ View Post
Oh! OK. At all the other meals, our host or hostess (character named in the title of the meal) greets you as you enter and is in the photo. How do they expect to sell that photo with no character? (Just a rhetorical question.)

So which meals have a character in the photo? I know Goofy's Kitchen does. And AG has Ariel. But did I read that right? Is that not a character meal at dinner? If so is there not a photo with Ariel on the way in?
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 10:36 AM   #441
TigerlilyAJ
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
So which meals have a character in the photo? I know Goofy's Kitchen does. And AG has Ariel. But did I read that right? Is that not a character meal at dinner? If so is there not a photo with Ariel on the way in?
OK, every character meal has multiple characters. For us, in face, Minnie & Friends at the Plaza Inn had the most characters! But, I'm talking about the official portrait you take as you enter. At Minnie, our family took a photo alone when we entered the restaurant. At the other meals, you take a photo with a character. At AG, Ariel welcomed us and took a portrait with us. (The other princesses came and visited our table during the meal, and we took our own photos.) Goofy in his chef's outfit took a portrait with us at GK. Mickey in his lifeguard outfit took a portrait with us at Surf's Up. But Minnie did show up at our table later at M&F, as did a dozen other characters like Hook, Goofy's son, Tigger, Pooh, Eeyore, Geppetto (!), and Rafiki.
("Portrait" means a formal, staged shot taken by a PhotoPass DLR photographer. We took our own pictures throughout all the meals.)
Old 06-29-2013, 11:13 AM   #442
longtimedisneylurker
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Oh, I know. We didn't go for the food either the first time, but now I care more since we've met so many characters (more than 50). Having said that, though, Storytellers seems too light on characters (or at least on ones my kids know), but it is tempting so that we can say we've done every character meal. Will consider. Thanks!
Come to think of it, I don't think they even bother taking a photo of you at the Storyteller's breakfast, so don't expect that if you go. We've only been a couple of times, but none of us remember them taking a picture.

The character experience at Storyteller's was very light when we last went. I think we maybe met 3 or 4 characters, and they all seemed slightly rushed. The restaurant was pretty full. The food was very tasty though. We chose buffet. You can also have fresh-made pancakes and waffles brought out to you as part of your buffet meal; they don't keep them drying out under heat lamps on the buffet line.
Old 06-29-2013, 03:58 PM   #443
Speechphi
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post

AG had Ariel at breakfast, but I'm guessing not at dinner. Goofy's had Goofy, and Surf's Up had Mickey. Minnie's was just us (had PP+ so I got the photos), and we haven't been to Storytellers.

countless trips to Disneyland growing up...1977, 1979, 1981, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1995, 1997, 1998, 2000

trips with DH , DS 9 , DD 8 , & DD 6
6/2010 Desert Inn & Suites , 11/2011 Portofino, 6/2013 Fairfield Inn, 6/2014 PPH, 12/2014 PPH
Speechphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 05:39 PM   #444
TigerlilyAJ
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speechphi View Post
AG had Ariel at breakfast, but I'm guessing not at dinner.
Ariel definitely comes to dinner at AG.

Old 06-29-2013, 06:30 PM   #445
longtimedisneylurker
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Ariel definitely comes to dinner at AG.
Except for when they are using the restaurant for World of Color dining for dinner. Then there are no princesses. They have been doing this occasionally lately. Since we never go there for princesses or WoC dining, I'm a little short on the details.

Last edited by longtimedisneylurker; 06-29-2013 at 06:35 PM.
Old 06-29-2013, 08:12 PM   #446
TigerlilyAJ
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Except for when they are using the restaurant for World of Color dining for dinner. Then there are no princesses. They have been doing this occasionally lately. Since we never go there for princesses or WoC dining, I'm a little short on the details.
Yes, yes, if it's a WOC there are no characters. But if it's a character meal at AG, Ariel is there. We were lucky to go when they were experimenting with the AG dinner being a princess meal instead of a WOC one, but currently here in summer 2013, it looks like we're back to breakfast and lunch princess meals, and dinner is for WOC.
http://disneyland.disney.go.com/ca/d...ariels-grotto/
Old 06-29-2013, 08:30 PM   #447
Speechphi
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Yes, yes, if it's a WOC there are no characters. But if it's a character meal at AG, Ariel is there. We were lucky to go when they were experimenting with the AG dinner being a princess meal instead of a WOC one, but currently here in summer 2013, it looks like we're back to breakfast and lunch princess meals, and dinner is for WOC.
http://disneyland.disney.go.com/ca/d...ariels-grotto/
Yes, that's what u meant by probably not at dinner. If its a character meal at dinner then she's there for a picture when you get there, but she did not come to our table for breakfast in Nov 2011.

countless trips to Disneyland growing up...1977, 1979, 1981, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1995, 1997, 1998, 2000

trips with DH , DS 9 , DD 8 , & DD 6
6/2010 Desert Inn & Suites , 11/2011 Portofino, 6/2013 Fairfield Inn, 6/2014 PPH, 12/2014 PPH
Speechphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 09:13 PM   #448
DisneyMarvelStarWars
Mouseketeer

I just read this entire thread looking for an answer to my question. Oddly enough, my question was answered on this last page. I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

My question was about the photograph at the Minnie character breakfast. I wanted a family picture with Minnie outside the restaurant like we would get with Goofy at GK or Mickey at SU. It looks like there are no characters in the photos there. Is that true? Then I really won't eat there, based on that alone. I am very much into professional character photos.

Walt Disney Family Museum Member
DisneyMarvelStarWars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 09:17 PM   #449
Rubygoose
Everybody's got a laughing place

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMarvelStarWars View Post
I just read this entire thread looking for an answer to my question. Oddly enough, my question was answered on this last page. I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

My question was about the photograph at the Minnie character breakfast. I wanted a family picture with Minnie outside the restaurant like we would get with Goofy at GK or Mickey at SU. It looks like there are no characters in the photos there. Is that true? Then I really won't eat there, based on that alone. I am very much into professional character photos.
You can get a photo pass picture with Minnie for free at her house in Toon Town. But you're correct, no professional pic with her at the breakfast.
Rubygoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 10:19 PM   #450
allgrownup
Mouseketeer

What time is the earliest seating at Minnie and Friends? We are getting ready to make our 60 day reservation and would like to know for planning purposes.

Thanks!
allgrownup is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: