Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-01-2012, 05:50 PM   #286
WeatherbySwann
Cacaw rawr

Not sure if this has been said yet or not, but we also saw Max at Surf's Up back in July. Not sure if we just got lucky or if he is regular there, but he's a possibility too! It was Mickey, Minnie, Stitch, Pluto, and Max. I don't hesitate in saying it was one of the best instances of character interaction I have ever seen. Book a late seating so that the restaurant is only semi-full and you'll have great interaction. Lots of fun.
Old 12-01-2012, 06:08 PM   #287
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeatherbySwann View Post
Not sure if this has been said yet or not, but we also saw Max at Surf's Up back in July. Not sure if we just got lucky or if he is regular there, but he's a possibility too! It was Mickey, Minnie, Stitch, Pluto, and Max. I don't hesitate in saying it was one of the best instances of character interaction I have ever seen. Book a late seating so that the restaurant is only semi-full and you'll have great interaction. Lots of fun.
I've seen Max there as well.....just forgot until you mentioned it!! I find the interaction very good at this meal and it's become our families favorite!! (we'll be there in about a week and a half!!)
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013

DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-01-2012, 07:12 PM   #288
lucysmom
DIS Veteran

Are there characters at Storytellers when you go for dinner? Are there character photo packages at Minnies and at Storytellers?
Old 12-01-2012, 07:59 PM   #289
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucysmom View Post
Are there characters at Storytellers when you go for dinner? Are there character photo packages at Minnies and at Storytellers?
No characters at Storyteller's for lunch or dinner....just breakfast.

Unfortunately Storyteller's doesn't do a picture prior to the meal but Minnie & Friends does.
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013

DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:33 PM   #290
ballarinamom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crysmom View Post
I have a question about late dinner seating at Goofy's kitchen. We arrive at our hotel at 630 pm ish (desert inn) I'm considering booking dinner at goofy's kitchen for 8 pm. We have five kids and I want to know if this late dinner time will mean its more adult oriented? Is it just as likely to have many characters there at the late seating ?
We have always done Goofy's later on our travel day and have done 8:00 before. We found the characters were the same, the dancing was the same and the food options were the same as if you were the first dinner seating. So enjoy!!

Me (44 yikes!) , DH (46) , DD (11)
ballarinamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 05:47 PM   #291
jkattk
Earning My Ears

Time needed for Goofy's Kitchen breakfast?

Sorry this may be answered somewhere but it's hard to read through 20 pages of postings... How long should we plan for Goofy's Kitchen for breakfast? 1 hr? We were planning to do this our departure morning but our flight time has just been moved back so I'm re-evaluating what time our reservation would need to be now.
jkattk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:01 PM   #292
Mommy2PrincessAbby
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkattk
Sorry this may be answered somewhere but it's hard to read through 20 pages of postings... How long should we plan for Goofy's Kitchen for breakfast? 1 hr? We were planning to do this our departure morning but our flight time has just been moved back so I'm re-evaluating what time our reservation would need to be now.
All the character meals can be finished in an hour, they tell you you are allowed to stay 90 minutes tho.

Walt's Park:Two trips as a kid, stayed off-site. Oct '07, 4 days @ DLH, dh, dd & I. May '08, 5 days "girls only trip" @ GCH dm, dd & I. May '09, 6 days @ DLH, dh, dd & I. October '10, 5 day trip, dd and I @ PPH. Dec '12, 6 days @ PPH, dh, dd &I. Can't stand it anymore--DLH here we come Oct 25-29, 2015!

OMG--dare I say it? We went to the World!! Split Stay! CSR May 6-10 and AKL Savannah View May 10-13, 2014 (with a dash of the Darkside thrown in for good measure the 13th & 14th.)
Mommy2PrincessAbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:32 PM   #293
ParkHopper1
DIS Veteran

Just did Storyteller's yesterday morning and man, was that buffet sad! The menu items that the rest of my group ordered weren't too bad but the buffet was pretty pathetic. Only saw three characters all morning. If you are after a "character" meal...hit one of the others!
ParkHopper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:35 PM   #294
DharmaLou
Once a Princess, Always a Princess

REALLY impressed with Minnie & Friends at Plaza Inn. We got to meet TEN characters the morning we went. I was under the impression there would be 6 (though maybe I made that up in my mind). Even got to meet some less common ones like Fairy Godmother, Rafiki and Suzy the Mouse.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:39 PM   #295
Mommy2PrincessAbby
DIS Veteran

Quick review of our trip 12/5-12/10... We ended up doing all 5 meals while we were there:

Surfs up: my favorite breakfast, order the made to order eggs tho (this hold true for all the meals however)... Saw Mickey, Minnie, Daisy, Chip, Dale, Stitch and Pluto... Stitch is my fave character to interact with, but we had fun with the chipmunks at 4 of the 5 meals.

Princesses at Ariel's: excellent plated dinner, the characters (we saw ariel, belle, snow, cindy and aurora) work the room efficiently, so you will not be skipped, unless you engage the character they will move along as soon as they sign your book and you take 2 pictures.

Storytellers: no picture at the beginning, characters are woodland creatures (we saw chip & dale again, plus Turk, Meeko, koda and Kenai), best bet is to order off the menu, the buffet was good, but heavy on pastries.

Minnie's: character chaos, people go up to them often instead of waiting for the character to come around, we had a table in the middle of the room, and eeyore and tigger went to every table around us but us, I had to go get them both. We also saw perla, Minnie, chip and dale (best interaction was with them), and hook. Food was fine, hard to find some items, like the oatmeal is kept with the breakfast items behind the glass. I don't like that you serve yourself the beverages here too,

Goofys kitchen: after a long hiatus we tried this place for dinner... Best buffet we had been to, lots of choices (really good potstickers!). Also saw Pluto, goofy, donald, chip & dale, Minnie, Mulan, and aurora. Goofy was fantastic, and we got some great pics with him.

Walt's Park:Two trips as a kid, stayed off-site. Oct '07, 4 days @ DLH, dh, dd & I. May '08, 5 days "girls only trip" @ GCH dm, dd & I. May '09, 6 days @ DLH, dh, dd & I. October '10, 5 day trip, dd and I @ PPH. Dec '12, 6 days @ PPH, dh, dd &I. Can't stand it anymore--DLH here we come Oct 25-29, 2015!

OMG--dare I say it? We went to the World!! Split Stay! CSR May 6-10 and AKL Savannah View May 10-13, 2014 (with a dash of the Darkside thrown in for good measure the 13th & 14th.)

Last edited by Mommy2PrincessAbby; 12-28-2012 at 04:29 PM.
Mommy2PrincessAbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:46 AM   #296
DSNY4ever
I am going to keep hunting around
I will cross my fingers for both of us

Review of Minnie and Friends 11/28-

We had the earliest reservation you could get and it was not an early entry day in Disneyland so we thought we would have a quiet walk done main street and a nice start to the breakfast before the park opened, but they were already letting people in and blocking them off at the entrance to each land so Main Street was crowded.

There were so many people checking in for their reservation at the same time and all being led to their tables at once...and all of the characters came rushing out at the same time it felt like true CHAOS!! We were rushing to throw our bags down, pull out our cameras, get our infant in his highchair and try to pay attention to the characters. We didn't get to go get food until about 25 minutes into the meal and with everyone coming in at the asme time the food area was packed. We saw Minnie, Pooh, Eeyore, Captain Hook, Chip and Dale.

The characters did a great job, they were all very fun and could get a good vibe of if my son was into/comfortable with interacting with them at that moment. My son was bonkers over Minnie Mouse the whole trip so when she came to our table he was shaking with excitement and spit out all his food (he's only 14 months), she sat with him and let him "feed her his eggs" and then she helped him with his sippy cup, it was so sweet. He was in heaven.

It was hard to get pictures because with all the tables I couldn't stand back far enough to get a good photo or to get video with the characters. The food was good, but honestly if you bring an infant and try to feed him, interact with the characters and get pictures etc....you won't have much time to eat.

We did have a great time and I would do it again, but I wouldn't do the first seating again as it was way too chaotic and I would rather come in later when things have settled down a little, even if it meant missing a little park time.

Oh and I didn't like the sales pitch to buy the photo they take at the beginning.

Disneyland at the Holidays, here we come!
DSNY4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 01:13 AM   #297
Ride Junkie
Just skulking around...
I love any activity that requires a helmet

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizNee Luver View Post
I've seen Max there as well.....just forgot until you mentioned it!! I find the interaction very good at this meal and it's become our families favorite!! (we'll be there in about a week and a half!!)
Just curious, who is Max? The horse from Tangled comes to mind. We're doing the Surf's Up breakfast in a few weeks, loved it last time.
Ride Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 01:20 AM   #298
mgrace79
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ride Junkie

Just curious, who is Max? The horse from Tangled comes to mind. We're doing the Surf's Up breakfast in a few weeks, loved it last time.
Max is Goofy's son
mgrace79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:08 PM   #299
lucysmom
DIS Veteran

We just returned on the 23rd. Our first night there, we had dinner at Goofy's Kitchen. We loved it. Goofy was, well, so goofy! All of the character interaction was super. The food was fine. We really liked the pot stickers and the steak. I did ask them to cook the steak for me because I do not like pink meat, and it was no problem at all. It was a great way to spend our first night at DLR.

Our next to the last day we had a late breakfast at Minnie's. The food was fine. My husband loved the bacon, cooked just the way he likes it--crispy. My son had cup after cup of blueberries. I think he got his money's worth in blueberries alone! Again, the character interaction was super. The characters kept having dance-offs. Chip can bust a move!! We loved it.

I can highly recommend these meals. The food was fine, but the characters were magical. At WDW, the characters barely stop at your table long enough to take a picture. At DLR, they interacted with us. It was wonderful!
Old 12-30-2012, 03:50 PM   #300
Ride Junkie
Just skulking around...
I love any activity that requires a helmet

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgrace79 View Post
Max is Goofy's son
Ohh, ok! Thanks. DD would like that.
Ride Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: