Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2012, 03:13 PM   #271
AZwldcats
Mouseketeer

Just got back and did Goofys twice and Minnie and Friends once...

My .02.

Food wise is Goofys hands down. Just more selection.

Character wise... Minnies without a doubt.

Glad we did both as we saw different characters at both and got the boset of both worlds Character and food wise.
AZwldcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 03:30 PM   #272
mellers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizNee Luver View Post
None of the characters are guaranteed at any of the meals......but with that said......Chip & Dale make appearances at Storytellers, Goofy's Kitchen and Minnie & Friends.
I don't know if they are always there, but they always have been when we've been there.

mellers is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-09-2012, 06:38 PM   #273
AZwldcats
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinsr241 View Post
My boys adore Chip and Dale so I was going to schedule breakfast at the GCH Critter Breakfast. I am assuming Chip and Dale are always there, but would love if someone could confirm this.

I am planning a Critter Breakfast and a Dinner at Goofy's Kitchen during our 4 day trip in early November.
We did 3 last week and Chip and Dale were at all 3. Twice at Goofys and 1 at Minnies.
AZwldcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:47 AM   #274
poohj80
Got Hunny?

We had breakfast at Ariel's Grotto this morning. DD loved meeting the Princesses but Belle definitely took the most time and gave her a kiss on the cheek.

We had a 9:50 reservation but was never told this meant a table outside. I had a choice between 9:20 and 9:50 and if I would ga e known the difference in seating, that would have made decision for us.

FINALLY found Snow White after she was MIA dealing with a strike at the mine all week
poohj80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 09:43 AM   #275
watkinsme
I Won a One More Disney Day Sweepstakes :)

we just returned and did all 5 of the character meals

Goofy's kitchen - Wonderful, saw many characters and they each spent time talking with the kids

Minnie's Breakfast - Good, saw many characters spent good time with kids

Surf's up breakfast - wonderful - kids had a blast dancing and characters were awesome

Storytellers breakfast - eh - characters were good, and the kids had fun dancing, but maybe it was the end of our vacation and It just didn't seem as fun

Ariel's grotto -food kind thrown at us in a hurry, princesses rushed by the tables - had the rudest snow white ever...DD had just put a big piece of bread in her mouth so snow said just stay there I'll be back, so we waited....and waited....and all the rest came and went, so DH asked about snow so she came back and had a scowl on her face the whole time, hurriedly signed their books and did the photo without even saying anything to the kids...we did this meal because it was DD's birthday and I can say we will likely never go back.
watkinsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 11:26 AM   #276
Mousequake
Mouseketeer

We did three character meals on our recent trip:

Goofy's Kitchen: we went here on our first trip last April, and had the BEST time-- lots of characters, lots of character time at the table, lots of 'organized' dancing like conga lines for the kids. This trip it was completely different-- we were there for an hour and a half, and two of the five characters that were there came to our table, and each of those were pretty rushed. There were no dancing activities for the kids. We were quite frustrated and asked the character manager about it because we had to leave soon, and he said he couldn't get any characters over there right away and it would be a little while. We were extremely disappointed. Characters: Goofy, Chip, Jasmine, Cinderella, Pluto. We only got to meet Pluto & Cinderella in the 90 minutes we were there.

Ariel's Grotto: extremely rushed meal; they brought our entrees before we even had a chance to eat our appetizers and kept trying to take the appetizer tower away. Neither of our entrees were very good (I had the tri-tip, and DW had one of the fish dishes). Interaction with the princesses was pretty minimal, but that didn't surprise me based on past reviews. The next day, we discovered that they neglected to return our credit card and we had to track it down at Lost & Found. Characters: Ariel, Cinderella, Snow White, Belle, Aurora.

Surf's Up With Mickey: we almost cancelled this because we were so disappointed with our other two character dining experiences, but I'm so glad we didn't! LOTS of table time with each character, a ton of organized dances for the kids, and best of all for DD5: DAISY!! She so badly wanted to meet Daisy on our trip, and this was our last day on our way to the airport; it was a great way to finish off. The food was awesome. DD5 had no idea who Stitch was, but the person playing him (her?) was so awesome that she fell in love with Stitch. DD5 had a stuffed baby Pluto, and Stitch kept trying to steal in and put it on his head. When my family left to go to the bathroom, Stitch came back to just me and kept trying to steal my bacon. SO funny! Characters: Mickey, Minnie, Daisy, Stitch.
Mousequake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 01:27 PM   #277
lsulindy
DIS Veteran

I'm a DLR newb. Am I interpreting this correctly? If we wanted to do a meal on a non-park day, we could do Storytellers, Goofy's or Surf's Up without park entry?

A few trips as a kid, first in 1979 last in 1991.
Trips with dh and our kids:
April/May 2008 - Buena Vista Suites
March 2011 - Windsor Palms
February 2013 - Disneyland!! TR in progress!

lsulindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 01:49 PM   #278
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsulindy View Post
I'm a DLR newb. Am I interpreting this correctly? If we wanted to do a meal on a non-park day, we could do Storytellers, Goofy's or Surf's Up without park entry?
Correct!! Those 3 are at the 3 Disney Resort Hotels and not inside the parks!!
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013

DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 01:51 PM   #279
lsulindy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by diznee luver View Post
correct!! Those 3 are at the 3 disney resort hotels and not inside the parks!!
thanks!

A few trips as a kid, first in 1979 last in 1991.
Trips with dh and our kids:
April/May 2008 - Buena Vista Suites
March 2011 - Windsor Palms
February 2013 - Disneyland!! TR in progress!

lsulindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 12:36 PM   #280
tylerandalexsmom
Seriously addicted to Disney

Ok, I'm still a little confused on the early entry thing. (WDW vets, first time DLR) We have 5 day park hoppers, and staying on site, so from what I understand, we will have an early entry to one or the other of the parks every day (depending on which park it is for that day). But normally, we like to arrive ahead of rope drop, and tour until late morning before stopping for table service. But last time, we did have an early bkfst at CRT (WDW) before park opening, and my kids LOVED being able to take some photos on Main St and in front of the castle when it was virtually empty!

So here is my question - would we get that opportunity if we book Minnie & Friends "before" park opening? Or is it really only open at the same time we would get in for early entry anyway (since we are 5 day/onsite guests)? Which would mean that really we wouldn't be ahead of the rest of the crowd (would we be able to get to Main St for pictures anyway, or would it be blocked off?), and by the time we finished eating, would have "wasted" our early entry time? We are going at Christmas, so I know will be really busy, and if we will lose our advantage of early touring, then I might just go for a 10 am time, and tour first and then take a break to eat when it starts getting more crowded. (Then again, if we did do breakfast first, we will have at least one more morning to do the rope drop early touring, and it would be nice to take photos with a basically empty street if that's possible! )

So which way should I go? (Minnies for first seating, or wait til 10 am?) It will be on a Saturday if that makes a difference. Thanks!
MK Dec 1972 (me) WDW/All Star Movies May 2003 WDW/All Star Movies Apr 2007 WDW/NSSHP/Caribbean Beach Resort (Pirate room!) Sept 2009 Polynesian/Dream Cruise/WDW/CBR Pirate room Oct 2011 WDW Christmas 2011

tylerandalexsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 03:52 PM   #281
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerandalexsmom View Post
Ok, I'm still a little confused on the early entry thing. (WDW vets, first time DLR) We have 5 day park hoppers, and staying on site, so from what I understand, we will have an early entry to one or the other of the parks every day (depending on which park it is for that day). But normally, we like to arrive ahead of rope drop, and tour until late morning before stopping for table service. But last time, we did have an early bkfst at CRT (WDW) before park opening, and my kids LOVED being able to take some photos on Main St and in front of the castle when it was virtually empty!

So here is my question - would we get that opportunity if we book Minnie & Friends "before" park opening? Or is it really only open at the same time we would get in for early entry anyway (since we are 5 day/onsite guests)? Which would mean that really we wouldn't be ahead of the rest of the crowd (would we be able to get to Main St for pictures anyway, or would it be blocked off?), and by the time we finished eating, would have "wasted" our early entry time? We are going at Christmas, so I know will be really busy, and if we will lose our advantage of early touring, then I might just go for a 10 am time, and tour first and then take a break to eat when it starts getting more crowded. (Then again, if we did do breakfast first, we will have at least one more morning to do the rope drop early touring, and it would be nice to take photos with a basically empty street if that's possible! )

So which way should I go? (Minnies for first seating, or wait til 10 am?) It will be on a Saturday if that makes a difference. Thanks!
Saturday would be early entry for the Disneyland park and I don't believe they'd be open prior to that for meals.......I could be wrong, but my best guess is you'd be eating during that one hour window.

Going during the holiday season and this being a weekend day.....I'd suggest going with 10am meal time.....that way you could enjoy the early and quieter time in the parks.

Now if I'm wrong on this info.....hopefully someone will let us know.

Another way to find out would be to call Disney Dining and inquire what the earliest seating time would be for that specific date and then ask what time the park opens. 714-781-3463
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013

DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 04:05 PM   #282
tylerandalexsmom
Seriously addicted to Disney

Thanks! I've been looking on the website for park hours, but they aren't up for that far out yet! (I'm used to planning and making dining reservations 180 days out at WDW!)
MK Dec 1972 (me) WDW/All Star Movies May 2003 WDW/All Star Movies Apr 2007 WDW/NSSHP/Caribbean Beach Resort (Pirate room!) Sept 2009 Polynesian/Dream Cruise/WDW/CBR Pirate room Oct 2011 WDW Christmas 2011

tylerandalexsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 04:56 PM   #283
Zbugz
Thinking about In n Out Burgers and Sunshine

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerandalexsmom View Post
So here is my question - would we get that opportunity if we book Minnie & Friends "before" park opening? Or is it really only open at the same time we would get in for early entry anyway (since we are 5 day/onsite guests)? Thanks!
Yes, the earliest you can eat there is 10 minutes after early entry starts. You'd be using your extra hour to eat breakfast.
Zbugz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:59 PM   #284
crysmom
Mouseketeer

I have a question about late dinner seating at Goofy's kitchen. We arrive at our hotel at 630 pm ish (desert inn) I'm considering booking dinner at goofy's kitchen for 8 pm. We have five kids and I want to know if this late dinner time will mean its more adult oriented? Is it just as likely to have many characters there at the late seating ?
crysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:26 PM   #285
coaches24
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by watkinsme View Post
we just returned and did all 5 of the character meals

Goofy's kitchen - Wonderful, saw many characters and they each spent time talking with the kids

Minnie's Breakfast - Good, saw many characters spent good time with kids

Surf's up breakfast - wonderful - kids had a blast dancing and characters were awesome

Storytellers breakfast - eh - characters were good, and the kids had fun dancing, but maybe it was the end of our vacation and It just didn't seem as fun

Ariel's grotto -food kind thrown at us in a hurry, princesses rushed by the tables - had the rudest snow white ever...DD had just put a big piece of bread in her mouth so snow said just stay there I'll be back, so we waited....and waited....and all the rest came and went, so DH asked about snow so she came back and had a scowl on her face the whole time, hurriedly signed their books and did the photo without even saying anything to the kids...we did this meal because it was DD's birthday and I can say we will likely never go back.

yea I was not happy with AGs either. DD still had a great time so I can't complain too much but I too felt like everything is rushed through and the princesses hardly spend anytime with anyone. for the money I paid I expected more. DD had just finished being made up into Cinderella at BBB and Cinderella spent about 1 minute with her. I left feeling ripped off.

the only other character meal we have tried was Minnie's at the plaza inn and that experience was fantastic! Several characters and all of them spent time at our table more than once. It was hard to eat because of the constant barrage of characters (but I still managed to eat plenty lol ). DD was only 2 at the time but she still talks about eating with Minnie.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: