Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2013, 12:39 PM   #1171
crystal1313
DIS Veteran

Thank you everyone! I really appreciate all of your help!!!
Old 01-25-2013, 01:39 PM   #1172
Jenn1116
My goal in life is to visit DLP

Hi guys. This might be a little early but I'm going with DD9 and Grams and Gramps this year and I would love love love to get us costumed up. I think I may be met with some resistence, though. I could use some help with ideas on a set of four characters that can be done with REALLY SIMPLE costumes.
1992 So Cal Family Trip
2006 50th Anniversary - DD's First Trip
2008 President's Day Weekend Getaway
2008 Friends and Family October Trip
2009 December in Disneyland
2013 Return of the Ostrowskis

Me DD 9 Grandma Grandpa

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-25-2013, 01:59 PM   #1173
DreamtheImpossible
Mouseketeer

I'm looking at going to the Land the 7-11th of October!

Just a few q's..

Tuesday or Friday for the Halloween party? Friday is our last day in the parks!!! We'll be missing the fireworks and Fantasmic, which is a little sad, but I've seen them before.

Park Crowds the 2nd week in October? I know I have 5 days, but I've always gone in September when there were *really* low crowds!!

Weather?

And finally, any chance that Thunder Mountain will be done early?
Old 01-26-2013, 11:31 AM   #1174
seadd67
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenn1116 View Post
Hi guys. This might be a little early but I'm going with DD9 and Grams and Gramps this year and I would love love love to get us costumed up. I think I may be met with some resistence, though. I could use some help with ideas on a set of four characters that can be done with REALLY SIMPLE costumes.
Go all out!!, i got the same resistance from my DS, he did not want to dress up, i went In with all fours, and love it(I dress as a Seattle Mariner baseball player). He matter of fact said he kind of wish he dress up, but he Is 19yo so its a little to much on the un-cool side LOL. This year(we will be at WDW for MNSSHP) he said again he was not going to dress up(his GF Is going this year,so i am hopeing i can talk her and him into it,but if not i will again be the lone Ranger???? hay there's a costume Idea, the lone Ranger??
Old 02-02-2013, 12:43 AM   #1175
DisFam95
DIS Veteran

Just booked our first family trip to DL Oct 10-15!! I've been once w my BFF and the fam has been to WDW many times. I was really impressed w DL and was concerned it could not beat WDW. I loved it.

Hoping there will be a Halloween party while we're there! Need to start thinking costumes. Looking forward to dates coming out.
Sum/74; Sum/78; Sum/82; Sum/87 Polynesian; Sum/93 Caribbean Beach; 8/95 Port Orleans - Honeymoon; 5/97; 8/99 Caribbean Beach; 9/01 Wilderness Lodge - became a DVC member!!!; 12/02; 1/04; 2/05; 2/06; 10/06; 5/08 Villas at Wilderness Lodge; 6/11 Wildreness Lodge
Me DH DS12 DS8
Old 02-02-2013, 12:14 PM   #1176
Goofy_Mom
Disney Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisFam95 View Post
Just booked our first family trip to DL Oct 10-15!! I've been once w my BFF and the fam has been to WDW many times. I was really impressed w DL and was concerned it could not beat WDW. I loved it.

Hoping there will be a Halloween party while we're there! Need to start thinking costumes. Looking forward to dates coming out.
there sould be one on the 11th as well as the 15th.
Old 02-10-2013, 12:12 AM   #1177
mommamonster
Mouseketeer

Hi all, we just booked our trip for October 20-23 and I am soooooo excited :D

We took our kids on their first trip to Disneyland last summer and we are all hooked! I loved reading this thread and the countdown photo posts were AMAZING so thank you for that , I look forward to this year's countdown.

DLR - May/June 2012, October 2013, A free pass day in April 2014
Old 02-11-2013, 05:57 PM   #1178
redheadtove
Mouseketeer

So Excited

We are heading to Disneyland Oct 6th- Oct 12 !!! Only 236 days away!!! This will be my 3rd trip and the first time I have taken my daughters who are 14 and 9 together. I have taken them separate for their 7th birthdays. Also my Mom is coming with us and this will be her FIRST TIME EVER!!! I have never been there at Halloween and I don't have a clue what to expect. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. I just have to decide on the hotel now.. Was thinking The Fairfield or the Best Western Park Place... Oh the choices!!!
DCL Magic NYE Eastern Caribbean w/ Tortola - December 2011- January 2012
Disneyland - October 2013
Old 02-11-2013, 07:55 PM   #1179
Kilala
Mouseketeer

I going to both the MNSSP and MHP this year. I'm so excited
Old 02-12-2013, 04:12 PM   #1180
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

I took the plunge today and changed my vacation time from October to September so this makes my quick Disneyland trip more likely. I have tried to book a Studio at VGC for September 12th and 13th today, but could only waitlist them. We will see how this goes. If not I will try to see if I can get a decent rate at either Paradise Pier or the Disneyland Hotel nearer the time.

Corinna
Old 02-17-2013, 10:53 PM   #1181
mommamonster
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by redheadtove View Post
We are heading to Disneyland Oct 6th- Oct 12 !!! Only 236 days away!!! This will be my 3rd trip and the first time I have taken my daughters who are 14 and 9 together. I have taken them separate for their 7th birthdays. Also my Mom is coming with us and this will be her FIRST TIME EVER!!! I have never been there at Halloween and I don't have a clue what to expect. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. I just have to decide on the hotel now.. Was thinking The Fairfield or the Best Western Park Place... Oh the choices!!!
We stayed at the Fairfield Inn last year and we loved it, super easy for us to walk to the parks, nice clean room, great experience. We are trying a new hotel/motel because we get the 3rd night free and needed to budget so I hope the Carousel Inn is as nice as Fairfield was.

This is our first Halloween trip as well, reading this thread definitely answered a lot of my questions and inspired me to save money for the party and all the fun Halloween goodies!!

DLR - May/June 2012, October 2013, A free pass day in April 2014
Old 02-18-2013, 11:35 PM   #1182
6Smiles
DIS Veteran

Completed our first Christmas DL trip in 2012. No we are booked for our 1st Halloween time trip September 28 - October 4. Celebrating our 18th anniversary by staying on site for the first time at PPH .

Hi Sherry - looks like we are going for Halloween this year and am hoping to see DCA decorated like in years past. What do you think will happen to celebrate Halloween this year? Any chance the party will move back to DCA? World of Color changes? Curious to know what your thinking.

Kris
Old 02-19-2013, 01:52 AM   #1183
DreamtheImpossible
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by redheadtove View Post
We are going the 7-12th!!!

I've stayed at the Fairfield, I liked it!
Old 02-24-2013, 10:12 AM   #1184
Kristina
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone ! This is a great day for me because I'm beginning my Disneyland planning today ! Well actually I've always got things on the go, documents of food I must eat for the most part. With pictures lol! However I need to pick my dates so this is big! The big question is of course, when does Halloween time begin? I'll be in LA for about a month or so but ugh, unless I get an annual pass I've got 5 days to do the parks so I want to go when all the attractions are up and running! Two years ago you all helped me loads when I went for my birthday in Sept. and that was fine then that Haunted and Space were down because I just had to be in Disneyland, you know?

This year I'm thinking of October but if it begins earlier I'll come earlier . I AM SO EXCITED haha!!

Old 02-24-2013, 12:19 PM   #1185
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristina View Post
Hi everyone ! This is a great day for me because I'm beginning my Disneyland planning today ! Well actually I've always got things on the go, documents of food I must eat for the most part. With pictures lol! However I need to pick my dates so this is big! The big question is of course, when does Halloween time begin? I'll be in LA for about a month or so but ugh, unless I get an annual pass I've got 5 days to do the parks so I want to go when all the attractions are up and running! Two years ago you all helped me loads when I went for my birthday in Sept. and that was fine then that Haunted and Space were down because I just had to be in Disneyland, you know?

This year I'm thinking of October but if it begins earlier I'll come earlier . I AM SO EXCITED haha!!
Kristina -

Welcome back to the thread! I don't know if you were aware, but I replied to you when I saw you recently post in the "Any Breaking Bad Fans?" thread, over in the Community section of the board. When I saw your name in that thread I instantly remembered you from posting in my Halloween Superthread a while back! (I have a good memory!)

There is supposed to be a Villains event at DL on Friday, September 13th, which is part of the "Limited Time Magic" deal that is happening all year. I don't know if this means that the official start of Halloween Time will be on 9/13, or if Disney will do what it has done with the Christmas/holiday season for the last 2 years and begin Halloween Time on a Monday (like 9/16). It could even begin as late as 9/20. It could largely have to do with what kinds of events are in store for this year's Halloween festivities, if there is anything new happening, etc.

In any case, if you want to attend Mickey's Halloween Party I think you'd have a better chance of waiting until late September or early October, as I suspect the earliest date the party could start would be 9/27, and the latest start date for the MHP would be 10/4.

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Closed Thread

Tags
decorations, halloween, halloween party, halloween time, haunted mansion holiday, mhp, mickey's halloween party, october, september, treats

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: