Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2013, 05:21 PM   #1156
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E View Post
Hello, Corinna - and Happy New Year to you (is is too late to be saying Happy New Year?)!

I'm glad to hear that you may be getting in a short Halloween visit in September. I hope it works out. I remember you had previously told me that you didn't think a Halloween trip would be in the works for a while, and the expected Disneyland Christmas trip is not happening until 2014, correct?

September 13th will be an interesting day. Isn't that day is part of the Limited Time Magic highlights, with a special Villains theme or something? So I wonder if Disney will let the Villains loose on 9/13 but then keep the access to them limited once again throughout the rest of the season, except for at the parties?
Happy New Year to you, too. You are absolutely right. My Christmas trip is planned for November 2014. I really hope that the quick trip in September works out. I thought that it being a Friday the 13th I should be in with a good chance that this is the beginning of the Halloween season. The Villains would be the icing on the cake. The only villains I have encountered so far are the Queen of Heart, Captain Hook and Mr Smee. I did not even dare to dream that I would get to Disneyland for Halloween season in the foreseeable future.

Corinna
Old 01-19-2013, 05:49 PM   #1157
msbatchelor5
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathymford

Correct. Once the overlays are done, they are open that way at all times.
Thank you.

We are hoping for a trip Sept. 11-18

Hope by the weekend those will be open.

I totally forgot about the "13th hour" limited time magic promo. Will be interesting being in DL & WDW. (I'm a CM there. Ha!)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-20-2013, 02:07 AM   #1158
Dancind
Tinkerbell's Mom
just full of pass questions
Onward and Downward!

Planning our first trip to DL during the Halloween season. Trying for either Sept. 24 for 4 nights, or Oct. 5 for 4 nights. We own DVC at WDW, and want to book the Villas at GC at the 7 month window.

Thinking we would have better luck getting the VGC booking in September. Do you all think the overlays etc will all be in place if we go in September? DD and friend might want to do a Halloween party, do you think the chances are good there will be one on Sept. 27?

We usually go to Food & Wine at WDW this time of year. Never know what the events will be there for our dates4either!
Old 01-20-2013, 11:34 AM   #1159
BELLEDOZER
Evil MOM reporting for duty!!

I'm pretty sure that the Halloween time decorations should be up by then, as the "official" start of the Halloween season is traditionally between the 14th to 21st of Sept. I can't confirm this, as I haven't been to DL during that time since 2011, but am pretty sure about it. I know that Sherry can confirm the dates. I don't know if there will be a MHP during that time, and we probably won't know until May/June when TDA starts releasing more info about the party dates. But looking at a calendar, I would say it's a distinct possibility. Sherry is our wizard of all things Halloween time, and perhaps she can give you some more insight on this than I can, as she's the one who keeps up to date and current on it. Hope that this helps.
Old 01-21-2013, 06:38 AM   #1160
wanderinaussie
Earning My Ears

Thanks to Eeee-va and Sherry E for your help. I can breath a bit easier now that someone has confirmed my idea is not too crazy. Looking forward to getting a lot of use out of these boards over the next 8 months. I know it's my fourth time but it still feels like it could be my first.

Everyone needs a little Disney in their Soul

Last edited by wanderinaussie; 01-21-2013 at 06:45 AM.
Old 01-21-2013, 05:43 PM   #1161
Vala
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hello, Vala!

That's right - you were not able to do a Halloween trip last year, were you? I can't recall the details, but didn't you have to skip it in 2012? Plans fell through or something?

Anyway, knowing what a big Halloween Time fan you are I'm glad that you have a new trip in the works!
Yes, I had to skip my US trip last year because things fell through. But we did make it to Paris for Halloween in the end. While I met some exciting characters there - you probably recall how much of a character nut I am - nothing beats Halloween at home in California.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:32 AM   #1162
crystal1313
DIS Veteran

Thank you for all the help! My husband has a question about costume rules. We are dressing like TRON, and he wants to wear a helmet. Is that allowed? Anyone have a link to the rules for costumes? TIA!
Old 01-23-2013, 01:18 PM   #1163
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystal1313 View Post
Thank you for all the help! My husband has a question about costume rules. We are dressing like TRON, and he wants to wear a helmet. Is that allowed? Anyone have a link to the rules for costumes? TIA!
crystal1313 -

I could be wrong, but I am pretty sure the helmet should be allowed. I don't see why it wouldn't be. There are so many other costumes that I have seen at the parties (which cover people's heads), and I'm sure other people wear helmets too.

I cannot find the costume guidelines offhand (I've checked a few places, but they are probably somewhere I haven't checked), but I recall that someone posted them at one point - probably in a totally different thread.

I wonder if the map from the 2012 parties has some tiny print anywhere on the back of it with the costume guidelines.

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Old 01-23-2013, 01:26 PM   #1164
crystal1313
DIS Veteran

^Thank you! We can't find any info about it either. I guess if worse came to worse, he could remove it and still look good without it =)
Old 01-23-2013, 01:33 PM   #1165
danaesacto
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystal1313 View Post
Here is a previous post talking about costumes with the link to disney site... http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2759403
Old 01-23-2013, 03:15 PM   #1166
DreamtheImpossible
Mouseketeer

Does Fantasmic! play during the Friday Halloween parties?
Old 01-23-2013, 03:26 PM   #1167
figment_jii
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamtheImpossible View Post
Does Fantasmic! play during the Friday Halloween parties?
Sorry, no, the parties have historically started at either 6 pm or 7 pm (depending on the day of the week) and on those nights, there is no Fantasmic!.
Old 01-23-2013, 03:35 PM   #1168
figment_jii
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I cannot find the costume guidelines offhand (I've checked a few places, but they are probably somewhere I haven't checked), but I recall that someone posted them at one point - probably in a totally different thread.
I think you can wear a helmet, as long as you're not trying to look like Tron in the newer movie (where he looks like he's wearing a motorcycle helmet). From last year's (2012) tickets:

Quote:
Costume Information: All event attendee's - including adults - may dress in their favorite Halloween costume and must follow these and other guidelines as determined solely by Disney:
  • Costumes should be child-friendly and may not be obstructive, offensive, or violent.
  • Guests may wear masks. However, masks must not obstruct vision, and eyes must be visible at all times.
  • Costumes should not contain sharp objects, pointed objects or materials that may accidentally strike another Guest.
  • Guests that dress like Disney Characters may not pose for pictures or sign autographs for other Guests.
  • Costumes should not drag on the ground.
  • Costumes should not contain any weapons which resemble or could easily be mistaken for an actual weapon.
  • Guest of all ages may only wear costumes to the Mickey's Halloween Treat event to which they have a valid ticket. During normal Park operating hours, costumes are only permitted for Guests ages nine and younger.
Old 01-23-2013, 06:20 PM   #1169
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by figment_jii View Post
I think you can wear a helmet, as long as you're not trying to look like Tron in the newer movie (where he looks like he's wearing a motorcycle helmet). From last year's (2012) tickets:
Excellent! Thank you, figment_jii! I have no clue what I did with my last party ticket stub (it must be buried in a pile somewhere), and I knew that the costume info was listed somewhere. Of course, the links to the DLR Halloween Time/MHP pages are now useless because we're in a totally different season, so last year's MHP link just takes me to a regular DLR page - and that was one of the places I tried to check, along with our own site here (wdwinfo.com)!

Luckily we have a great group of DIS'ers (like you) both here and in the Christmas Superthread who will usually come through with info when we need it!

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Old 01-24-2013, 03:46 AM   #1170
Vala
DIS Veteran

I actually saw someone in a really cool Tron costume (old style) at the Halloween party in 2010. So yes, it should be allowed.

Tags
decorations, halloween, halloween party, halloween time, haunted mansion holiday, mhp, mickey's halloween party, october, september, treats

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: