Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2012, 12:38 AM   #1126
Kilala
Mouseketeer

Happy Halloween!! I didn't dress up. I went to a taste test before treat or treaters came to the house. I didn't have time to dress up. I will post pics of my thrid costume at MHP on the 23rd. I already have planns for 3 more costumes for next yea. A wolf, my black cat Suzy, and a Candy Corn colored cat.
Old 11-01-2012, 02:33 AM   #1127
Kathymford
A little obsessed is ok....right?

Just left the party and a had a great time. The fireworks truly are spectacular. And the candy!! Wow!! Very disappointed in the "parade" err...cavalcade. I wouldn't even bother with that again.

Overall, we had a great time. I think MNSSHP is probably a better value. But with that said, I would do MHP again!!

I was really disappointed that almost all of the merchandise was gone on/by Halloween. It's the most expensive party. Couldn't they have set aside some for us?
Register to remove

Old 11-01-2012, 10:43 AM   #1128
dhorner233
Disneyophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susiesark View Post
Do you have his ticket or does he have it with him?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel522 View Post
I'm so sorry to hear that. I'm sure you'll still have fun, it is Disneyland after all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by laura&fam View Post
Sorry. One member of our party couldn't come due to illness and it's sad. You miss them. Take lots of photos and have fun and tell him all about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tksbaskets View Post
What a bummer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathymford View Post
Just left the party and a had a great time. The fireworks truly are spectacular. And the candy!! Wow!! Very disappointed in the "parade" err...cavalcade. I wouldn't even bother with that again.

Overall, we had a great time. I think MNSSHP is probably a better value. But with that said, I would do MHP again!!

I was really disappointed that almost all of the merchandise was gone on/by Halloween. It's the most expensive party. Couldn't they have set aside some for us?
Thanks for the thoughts. I did have my cousin's ticket and they gave me the $69 back as a gift card so I could spend the money in the parks That was some compensation for being by myself.

But, I have had a GREAT 3 days!!!! Except for the party, the parks have not been crowded at all!!! I rode all 3 new Carsland rides. RSR twice!!!! I walked right into the Plaza Inn's character breakfast! I've never even been in the Plaza Inn and I know it was Walt's favorite and I could just see him and Lillian eating there!!

The party was fun but...... VERY crowded. I waited about a half hour for the ONLY character I got a picture with!!!!

I did get a ton of good candy but, $69 worth of candy? The "cavalcade" was very short. Not sure it was worth the wait. The fireworks were great!!! And everyone's costumes were great!! Wow! People really got into the costumes!!!!

The MNSSHP in DW was much better but, I'm glad I did this. And - my cousin finally got here about 10:30 last night

Old 11-01-2012, 01:58 PM   #1129
Mel522
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhorner233 View Post
Thanks for the thoughts. I did have my cousin's ticket and they gave me the $69 back as a gift card so I could spend the money in the parks That was some compensation for being by myself.

But, I have had a GREAT 3 days!!!! Except for the party, the parks have not been crowded at all!!! I rode all 3 new Carsland rides. RSR twice!!!! I walked right into the Plaza Inn's character breakfast! I've never even been in the Plaza Inn and I know it was Walt's favorite and I could just see him and Lillian eating there!!

The party was fun but...... VERY crowded. I waited about a half hour for the ONLY character I got a picture with!!!!

I did get a ton of good candy but, $69 worth of candy? The "cavalcade" was very short. Not sure it was worth the wait. The fireworks were great!!! And everyone's costumes were great!! Wow! People really got into the costumes!!!!

The MNSSHP in DW was much better but, I'm glad I did this. And - my cousin finally got here about 10:30 last night
I'm glad you had fun I agree with you on the party. I'm really glad we went last year, and I did enjoy it (loved seeing Zero fly ,) but I don't know that I would do it again.
Old 11-02-2012, 01:00 AM   #1130
siburdue
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhorner233 View Post
Funny you mentioned that it wasn't $69 worth of candy, as I met a guy in line to see Jack Sparrow and he had a huge bag with him (said it was from comicon and the bag was about 3 1/2' high and 2' wide). I asked him why he brought such a big bag and his response was that he planned to get $69 worth of candy

Heading to the Disneyland Resort with my BFF to attend Mickey's Halloween Party on September 27 & October 1!

Last edited by siburdue; 11-02-2012 at 01:00 AM. Reason: typo
Old 11-02-2012, 08:09 PM   #1131
Susiesark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by siburdue View Post
Funny you mentioned that it wasn't $69 worth of candy, as I met a guy in line to see Jack Sparrow and he had a huge bag with him (said it was from comicon and the bag was about 3 1/2' high and 2' wide). I asked him why he brought such a big bag and his response was that he planned to get $69 worth of candy
I had to pay for tickets for my daughter and I. Bought the tickets early, for the cheaper days, but I don't think I got $92 worth of candy!
Old 11-08-2012, 02:01 PM   #1132
laura&fam
we must never, never doubt what no one is sure about

Does anyone have photos from the Halloween fireworks that they would be willing to let me use in my scrapbook? I wouldn't share the photo or do anything else with it I just want it for my scrapbook because not one single photo of mine from the fireworks or F! turned out We got a new camera in April and thought we'd figured out how to use it. Apparently not.

Hopefully someone is still reading this thread.
Old 11-09-2012, 10:18 AM   #1133
Elk Grove Chris
DIS Veteran

Not the greatest, but you can use these if you want:

Old 11-10-2012, 01:39 AM   #1134
Susiesark
DIS Veteran

Are you kidding? Those are GREAT shots!
Old 11-10-2012, 10:56 PM   #1135
laura&fam
we must never, never doubt what no one is sure about

I should post my photos and then you'd realize that your photos are amazing! Thank you.
Old 11-11-2012, 12:27 AM   #1136
mmlover74
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elk Grove Chris View Post
Not the greatest, but you can use these if you want:

What camera did you use for those great shots? My firework pics never come out like that? Even on the firework setting.
Old 12-11-2012, 05:58 PM   #1137
Mommy2PrincessAbby
DIS Veteran

Just got back and now thinking about a Halloween trip... Not sure if we can make it work for 2013... But I hope so... Need to do some research, would like to go early October I think, and make sure we can do a party night... But want to avoid the weekends, seems to me that it was super crowded all last October... Here's to planning again!

Walt's Park:Two trips as a kid, stayed off-site. Oct '07, 4 days @ DLH, dh, dd & I. May '08, 5 days "girls only trip" @ GCH dm, dd & I. May '09, 6 days @ DLH, dh, dd & I. October '10, 5 day trip, dd and I @ PPH. Dec '12, 6 days @ PPH, dh, dd &I. Can't stand it anymore--DLH here we come Oct 25-29, 2015!

OMG--dare I say it? We went to the World!! Split Stay! CSR May 6-10 and AKL Savannah View May 10-13, 2014 (with a dash of the Darkside thrown in for good measure the 13th & 14th.)
Old 12-12-2012, 10:29 AM   #1138
Elk Grove Chris
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmlover74 View Post
What camera did you use for those great shots? My firework pics never come out like that? Even on the firework setting.
Canon 40D, on a tripod, these are probably 8-10 second exposures. Too much smoke though, should have used the remote and taken shorter exposure times.
Old 01-04-2013, 07:18 PM   #1139
SueTGGR
Disney visits as often as money will allow-donations accepted

Just booked 2 nights at the Grand CA (thank you DVC) for October. My little sister missed out this last year so I am taking her this year for her 1st time. Nice excuse, huh? Who is with me? Or have I missed Sherry E already starting a new thread?
Later,
Sue
Grew up around Disneyland until I was silly enough to move away. Now make yearly (or more) trips from Nor Cal And now hoping to help others find their Paradise!
Old 01-04-2013, 09:12 PM   #1140
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueTGGR View Post
Just booked 2 nights at the Grand CA (thank you DVC) for October. My little sister missed out this last year so I am taking her this year for her 1st time. Nice excuse, huh? Who is with me? Or have I missed Sherry E already starting a new thread?
Later,
Sue
Sue -

There won't be a new Halloween Time Superthread until we hit page 250. The Superthreads are general, year-round information threads for our forum - they don't change just because we're in a new year. It's the same thing for the GCH Superthread, the WoC Superthread, the Fantasmic Superthread, the DLH one, etc. Superthreads are a primary source of information (and discussion) on specific subjects until they hit the page limit, at which time a new one begins because we have to close threads at page 250. So this one will be in effect until that point!

Now the actual Mickey's Halloween Party check-in threads are new each year, and different people handle those. Same thing with the October check-in threads - those change every year.

I just have to remove last year's dates from the title and first page of this thread, but everyone is free to still post in it. I've been wrapped up with holiday stuff for a while!

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Closed Thread

Tags
decorations, halloween, halloween party, halloween time, haunted mansion holiday, mhp, mickey's halloween party, october, september, treats

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: