Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2012, 02:19 PM   #1111
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

I'm sure the fireworks got cancelled because of all of the wind warnings.

There was also a big power outage in parts of Anaheim yesterday (or overnight Thursday into Friday) - not sure if that would have had an effect.

Even though the wind was not heavy in certain areas and it was crazy in others, of course the weather people hyped it in advance. It didn't turn out to be bad last night - not as bad as predicted - but it may have been just windy enough to cancel fireworks.

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Old 10-27-2012, 02:27 PM   #1112
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laundress View Post
turbo86-- I was at the DLH last wekend. The front desk told me they would not be selling "sold out night" party tickets at the park only at the hotel front desk if you are a guest of the hotel. I think that included all three DLR hotels.
Yesterday, when I made my December reservation for the PPH on the phone, the CM told me that "1000" tickets to the MHP had just been released to the 3 hotels for the few remaining party nights (including last night, I guess). In other words, the 1000 tickets were spread out between the 3 hotels and offered to guests - not sure how many were available for each night. She said that Guest Services had been telling people that tickets would not be available at all, not even at the hotels. If the 1000 tickets are not all snapped up and there are some left over, it's possible (though not definite) that the extras may be released to the ticket booths for last minute purchases - but the hotel guests have first crack at the 1000 tickets for the last couple of MHP's.

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-27-2012, 02:50 PM   #1113
Kathymford
A little obsessed is ok....right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E View Post
Yesterday, when I made my December reservation for the PPH on the phone, the CM told me that "1000" tickets to the MHP had just been released to the 3 hotels for the few remaining party nights (including last night, I guess). In other words, the 1000 tickets were spread out between the 3 hotels and offered to guests - not sure how many were available for each night. She said that Guest Services had been telling people that tickets would not be available at all, not even at the hotels. If the 1000 tickets are not all snapped up and there are some left over, it's possible (though not definite) that the extras may be released to the ticket booths for last minute purchases - but the hotel guests have first crack at the 1000 tickets for the last couple of MHP's.
Maybe it's just me, but 1000 seems like an awfully high number since they already sell so many to the general public.
Old 10-28-2012, 10:08 AM   #1114
sky13
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathymford

Sounds great! Any word why the fireworks got cancelled?
Winds apparently. They showed the Halloween fireworks last night though (instead of remember dreams come true). And last night was far more crowded than during the party on Friday - on Friday I turned up to (try to) catch the fireworks just about 5 minute before and the was still space at the hub; last night at about the same time people were backed up all the way down main street!

Disneyland 1993 1995 2012 : Tokyo Disneyland 1996 : Walt Disney World 2001 : Disneyland Paris 2007 2008 2012 2013 : Hong Kong Disneyland 2010
Old 10-28-2012, 10:21 AM   #1115
dhorner233
Disneyophile

Well, I am totally bummed!!! I'm on my way down I-5 but, my cousin got stuck in Washington, DC!!! I changed his flight from Tuesday to today but, it was too late, now they have cancelled today's flights too!!!

So, now I'm going to Disneyland a day early and the Halloween party by myself!!!!

Stupid hurricane!!!!
Old 10-28-2012, 02:22 PM   #1116
Susiesark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhorner233 View Post
Well, I am totally bummed!!! I'm on my way down I-5 but, my cousin got stuck in Washington, DC!!! I changed his flight from Tuesday to today but, it was too late, now they have cancelled today's flights too!!!

So, now I'm going to Disneyland a day early and the Halloween party by myself!!!!

Stupid hurricane!!!!
Do you have his ticket or does he have it with him?
Old 10-28-2012, 04:05 PM   #1117
Mel522
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Stupid hurricane!!!!
I'm so sorry to hear that. I'm sure you'll still have fun, it is Disneyland after all.
Old 10-28-2012, 07:49 PM   #1118
laura&fam
we must never, never doubt what no one is sure about

Quote:

Stupid hurricane!!!!
Sorry. One member of our party couldn't come due to illness and it's sad. You miss them. Take lots of photos and have fun and tell him all about it.
Old 10-29-2012, 06:34 AM   #1119
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Stupid hurricane!!!!
What a bummer.
Old 10-30-2012, 11:49 AM   #1120
Kathymford

So I skimmed through the entire thread, and maybe I just missed it, so I'll just ask. Are there any party-exclusive characters out for MHP? We are going tomorrow, and I just feel so unprepared!!
Old 10-30-2012, 02:07 PM   #1121
laura&fam
we must never, never doubt what no one is sure about

Phineas and Ferb are in the Innovations building and the "Strom Troopers" as the map calls them are by the store at the exit of the Buzz Lightyear Astroblasters ride. Sally is with Jack by the HM and I'm not sure if she is out in the day.

We really didn't do many characters so I'm not sure of any others.
Old 10-30-2012, 06:51 PM   #1122
Kilala
Mouseketeer

Am I allowed to post pics here that I will take on Halloween? I won't be going to Disneyland. I'm staying at home and passing out candy. I will be dressing up.
Old 10-31-2012, 08:03 AM   #1123
princesszelda
Mouseketeer

Heading out. See you all at the party!!!!
Old 10-31-2012, 11:54 AM   #1124
Kathymford

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesszelda View Post
Heading out. See you all at the party!!!!
Getting so excited to go tonight!!!
Old 10-31-2012, 08:30 PM   #1125
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

Have a blast at the party!
Closed Thread

Tags
decorations, halloween, halloween party, halloween time, haunted mansion holiday, mhp, mickey's halloween party, october, september, treats

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: