Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 10-24-2012, 10:04 PM   #1096
Kilala
Mouseketeer
 
Kilala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: CA
Posts: 426

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhorner233 View Post
That was inevitable! Are you going on the 31st? I am and would love to see you in your cat costume.
No my last day was last night.
__________________
Me Suzy : Naruto Kilala Lillie Binx
url=http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/][/url]
Kilala is offline  
Old 10-24-2012, 11:11 PM   #1097
Jillchristina
Earning My Ears
 
Jillchristina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Snohomish, WA
Posts: 53

Friday party

If you happen to see a pink haired lady dressed up as the Cheshire Cat at Friday's party, please say hi! I'll be with two spooky little girls and a dude with no costume (my husband).

Jill
__________________


Jillchristina is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-25-2012, 12:40 AM   #1098
turbo86
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilala View Post
The 31st now sold out.
does anyone know if they will be selling tickets the day of, at the booth?
turbo86 is offline  
Old 10-25-2012, 01:09 AM   #1099
Sally_fan
DIS Veteran
 
Sally_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 684

Quote:
Originally Posted by sh00tfire

We were at the halloween party on 10/19 and were in the park with the overlaping crowds. We got to the park about 5:30 and it was MAJOR crowded! Main Street was a mess to even walk. We immediately went to HM to ride. I noticed about half had wrist bands on and half did not. I would say its worth it but you have to keep in mind the crowds and plan accordingly After 7pm the crowds were much more manageable!
Thanks for the advice regarding using the extra 3hrs!
__________________
(me) (DD~12) (DS~15) (DH) Happily Visiting From Canada

1st trip to DL (with parents)~1987, 2nd trip to DL (with DH & a friend)~ August 1996-Cavalier Inn & Suites, 3rd trip to DL (with DH, DS-8 DD-5)~ May 2007-Candy Cane Inn, 4th trip to DL (with DH, DS-9, DD-7)~ Oct 2008-HoJo, 5th trip to DL (with DH, DS-10, DD-8)~ Sept 2009-HoJo, 6th trip to DL (with DH, DD-8, DS-11, MIL & FIL)~ Apr 2010-Stovall's Inn, 7th trip to DL (with DH, DS-11, DD-9, my parents & a bunch of friends too!)~ Dec 2010-HoJo, 8th trip to DL (with DH, DS-13 & DD-11)~ Oct 2012-HoJo, 9th trip to DL (with Mom & DD, DS<with school band)~ May 2014!!!
Sally_fan is offline  
Old 10-25-2012, 02:10 AM   #1100
Laundress
Mouseketeer
 
Laundress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Hainesville, Illinois
Posts: 236

turbo86-- I was at the DLH last wekend. The front desk told me they would not be selling "sold out night" party tickets at the park only at the hotel front desk if you are a guest of the hotel. I think that included all three DLR hotels.
Laundress is offline  
Old 10-25-2012, 10:39 AM   #1101
Kathymford
A little obsessed is ok....right?
 
Kathymford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: 25 miles from DLR
Posts: 1,719

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo86

does anyone know if they will be selling tickets the day of, at the booth?
The ticket booth won't have tickets to a sold out party.
__________________
Kathymford is offline  
Old 10-25-2012, 12:55 PM   #1102
Kilala
Mouseketeer
 
Kilala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: CA
Posts: 426

Here are my pics from the Oct. 19th party








The rest of the pics are here. http://s499.photobucket.com/albums/r...P%202%20oct19/
I will have pics up from the 23rd up later on today.
__________________
Me Suzy : Naruto Kilala Lillie Binx
url=http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/][/url]
Kilala is offline  
Old 10-25-2012, 01:08 PM   #1103
laura&fam
we must never, never doubt what no one is sure about
 
laura&fam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: near SLC, Utah
Posts: 1,215

Kilala I love your cat trying to go for the treats!

Would you mind if I used the sold out sign photo in my scrapbook? I didn't even see that so I didn't get a photo of it.
__________________
me DH DD DS DS
laura&fam is offline  
Old 10-25-2012, 02:49 PM   #1104
turbo86
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 2

Thanks for the replies..it's just our family went last year and that event was sold out as well, but I remember seeing people buying tickets at the booths that night.
turbo86 is offline  
Old 10-25-2012, 04:53 PM   #1105
Kilala
Mouseketeer
 
Kilala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: CA
Posts: 426

Quote:
Originally Posted by laura&fam View Post
Kilala I love your cat trying to go for the treats!

Would you mind if I used the sold out sign photo in my scrapbook? I didn't even see that so I didn't get a photo of it.
That cat is my cat Kilala. No I don't mind. I think I got one on Tuesday too.
Kilala is offline  
Old 10-25-2012, 08:18 PM   #1106
isisisme
Pomme Frites and Mint Julip? yes please!!
 
isisisme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: NorCal
Posts: 364

I cannot wait!! We are flying down on Monday for Halloween week. We are going to the Halloween party on Halloween (I am going as a jedi and DH is a star trek science officer).

I am looking forward to snacking on all the delicious Halloween treats and seeing the sights. I checked and the seasonal menu at Cafe Orleans is going through the 3rd. I am doing a happy dance.

Of course, I have a TON to do between now and Monday am's flight..and here I sit on my computer. LOL. I am kinda at that "too much, don't know where to start" state. I have people coming over Friday night for a night of gaming (DH does not want to cancel) and we are celebrating 2 of our friend's birthdays this weekend so I have to make a cake. Saturday is another gather for Halloween with friends...why oh why did I do this to myself.

I did take tomorrow off work so I can get stuff done before the guys show up tomorrow evening.

I will post pictures when we get back. I know it will be post the season, but hey...still fun pictures of DL!!
isisisme is offline  
Old 10-26-2012, 11:34 AM   #1107
TigerlilyAJ
DIS Veteran
 
TigerlilyAJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Ontario
Posts: 518

Considering how much packing and cleaning I need to do to leave on Sunday, it's crazy to take time to ask, buuuuut what specific brands/kinds of candy are being handed out at the MHP? Any Reese's cups? Snickers? M&Ms?
TigerlilyAJ is offline  
Old 10-26-2012, 12:45 PM   #1108
Kilala
Mouseketeer
 
Kilala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: CA
Posts: 426

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerlilyAJ View Post
Considering how much packing and cleaning I need to do to leave on Sunday, it's crazy to take time to ask, buuuuut what specific brands/kinds of candy are being handed out at the MHP? Any Reese's cups? Snickers? M&Ms?
They have all 3. They have 3 kinds of M&M's, Pretzil, plain, and peanut.
I wish they had peanut butter M&M's. I saw those at Target this year.
Kilala is offline  
Old 10-27-2012, 10:09 AM   #1109
sky13
Mouseketeer
 
sky13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 294

Was at the party last night - SO MUCH FUN (besides the cancelled fireworks)!

Got there just about 7pm when they were starting to clear main street of day guests, so it was less crowded further into the park than the madness that was main street. It was still crowded elsewhere but not as bad - wouldn't want to have been around during the 3 hour overlap!

Tricks or treat lines moved quickly and some further into the park had no queue at all. Ended up with 4 pounds of candy (according to my portable luggage scale)! There was a huge variety: twix, snickers, reese's cups and bars, tootsie rolls, lollipops, milk duds, skittles, whoppers, Hershey bars, crunch, dots, milky way, almond joy, sweettarts (and more). They also had craisins, apple slices, carrot pieces, and dried apple crisps (these were amazing - I asked for them whenever I saw they had them!) the line that went through the golden horseshoe was great, there was a guy playing the piano in it!

Fog on rivers of America was cool, as was the cadaver dans singing there. Spiderwebs in the castle and eerie lighting too.

Calvacade was good, fun - just the right length for me but then again I get bored during parades...

Ride lines: walked on Pinocchio and buzz lightyear. 5 minute wait for big thunder mountain. During the middle of the party haunted mansion had a massive queue, but when I went back at 11.45 it was a 5 minute wait. Pirates had no wait when I went (boat was half empty and boat behind was completely empty) but had a long-ish queue when I left. Splash mountain had no queue at 1159, but decided I didn't want to get wet so skipped it. Was going to try for space mountain but it was 25 minutes so decided I'd rather do big thunder mountain.

All in all a fantastic evening - would do it again in a heartbeat and so glad I came (hope I have enough luggage space for the candy!) now off to cars land...
__________________

Disneyland 1993 1995 2012 : Tokyo Disneyland 1996 : Walt Disney World 2001 : Disneyland Paris 2007 2008 2012 2013 : Hong Kong Disneyland 2010
sky13 is offline  
Old 10-27-2012, 02:11 PM   #1110
Kathymford
A little obsessed is ok....right?
 
Kathymford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: 25 miles from DLR
Posts: 1,719

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky13 View Post
Was at the party last night - SO MUCH FUN (besides the cancelled fireworks)!

Got there just about 7pm when they were starting to clear main street of day guests, so it was less crowded further into the park than the madness that was main street. It was still crowded elsewhere but not as bad - wouldn't want to have been around during the 3 hour overlap!

Tricks or treat lines moved quickly and some further into the park had no queue at all. Ended up with 4 pounds of candy (according to my portable luggage scale)! There was a huge variety: twix, snickers, reese's cups and bars, tootsie rolls, lollipops, milk duds, skittles, whoppers, Hershey bars, crunch, dots, milky way, almond joy, sweettarts (and more). They also had craisins, apple slices, carrot pieces, and dried apple crisps (these were amazing - I asked for them whenever I saw they had them!) the line that went through the golden horseshoe was great, there was a guy playing the piano in it!

Fog on rivers of America was cool, as was the cadaver dans singing there. Spiderwebs in the castle and eerie lighting too.

Calvacade was good, fun - just the right length for me but then again I get bored during parades...

Ride lines: walked on Pinocchio and buzz lightyear. 5 minute wait for big thunder mountain. During the middle of the party haunted mansion had a massive queue, but when I went back at 11.45 it was a 5 minute wait. Pirates had no wait when I went (boat was half empty and boat behind was completely empty) but had a long-ish queue when I left. Splash mountain had no queue at 1159, but decided I didn't want to get wet so skipped it. Was going to try for space mountain but it was 25 minutes so decided I'd rather do big thunder mountain.

All in all a fantastic evening - would do it again in a heartbeat and so glad I came (hope I have enough luggage space for the candy!) now off to cars land...
Sounds great! Any word why the fireworks got cancelled?
__________________
Kathymford is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
decorations, halloween, halloween party, halloween time, haunted mansion holiday, mhp, mickey's halloween party, october, september, treats



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:25 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: