Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2012, 08:11 PM   #1066
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by modegard View Post
Thank you! I have about 1000 photos from our six day stay. We had the photpass plus with over 700 photos as well. A very good deal for us.

Hopefully next year we can go in December to see the Christmas decorations. Sounds amazing!

You should do a trip report (BIG HINT) I'd love to see more of your photos and hear your experiences.

LOVED your pics especially the four pirates and the singers in the mist.
Old 10-18-2012, 08:21 PM   #1067
Kilala
Mouseketeer

I'll make sure to get pics of my candy this time.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-18-2012, 09:52 PM   #1068
sky13
Mouseketeer

Bit of a long-time lurker here, but am finally posting as have finally booked everything for a trip next week!

I'll be at MHP 26 Oct by myself, and was wondering if it would be really odd for me (in my twenties) to turn up in street clothes and go through the trick or treat lines? I'm not sure I'll have space for a costume in my luggage...
Old 10-18-2012, 10:56 PM   #1069
Eeee-va
Happiest robot on Earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky13 View Post
Bit of a long-time lurker here, but am finally posting as have finally booked everything for a trip next week!

I'll be at MHP 26 Oct by myself, and was wondering if it would be really odd for me (in my twenties) to turn up in street clothes and go through the trick or treat lines? I'm not sure I'll have space for a costume in my luggage...
I'm not sure if it'd be really odd--maybe boring (but maybe not). I'd wear (or buy) a weird hat (you can wear it on the plane if you dare), and/or a Halloween-ish shirt.
Old 10-18-2012, 11:26 PM   #1070
Kathymford
A little obsessed is ok....right?

Quote:

Lots of people go not in costume. I don't think it would be weird at all. But it is REALLY fun to go in costume. DBF and I are SO not costume people before we did MNSSHP, just did it just because. We loved it so much.
Old 10-19-2012, 07:20 PM   #1071
sky13
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeee-va View Post
I'm not sure if it'd be really odd--maybe boring (but maybe not). I'd wear (or buy) a weird hat (you can wear it on the plane if you dare), and/or a Halloween-ish shirt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathymford View Post
Lots of people go not in costume. I don't think it would be weird at all. But it is REALLY fun to go in costume. DBF and I are SO not costume people before we did MNSSHP, just did it just because. We loved it so much.
Thanks for the replies - it's reassuring to know that it wouldn't be odd going through treat lines without a costume! Will have a look around and see if I can find anything relatively simple that doesn't take up too much space/weight but if not then will hopefully still have a good time without a costume!
Old 10-19-2012, 07:40 PM   #1072
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Thanks for the replies - it's reassuring to know that it wouldn't be odd going through treat lines without a costume! Will have a look around and see if I can find anything relatively simple that doesn't take up too much space/weight but if not then will hopefully still have a good time without a costume!
sky13 -

I've never worn a costume to the party, nor did the people I was with, and we had no problem with treat trails. There are many others who don't wear costumes of any kind. It seems to be about 50/50 - half in costume; half not in costume.

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12
Old 10-20-2012, 11:14 AM   #1073
Kilala
Mouseketeer

I did see some adults trick or treating without costumes with no problems. I had a great time last night. It might rain on Tusday, so I might not be in full costume for MHP. It is lightly raining now. If it dose rain I will have my wig, makeup and tail on. I didn't take as many pics as I wanted too. I will take pics of my candy haul before I upload the pics.
Old 10-20-2012, 06:35 PM   #1074
CoriCW
Earning My Ears

I may have missed the posts, but I was wondering about special food this Halloween? Two years ago, we got the Mickey ghost popcorn bucket. Last year, the kids got sandwiches in a Jack Skellington coffin. Is there something this year?

We leave in FOUR days!! WOOHOO!!!! Hitting up Mickey's Halloween Party on 10/26!!!
Old 10-21-2012, 02:38 PM   #1075
Jillchristina
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoriCW View Post
We leave in FOUR days!! WOOHOO!!!! Hitting up Mickey's Halloween Party on 10/26!!!
Maybe we'll see you there! Our family is also going to the 10/26 party. I'm going as the Cheshire Cat (original, not Tim Burton's version) and my girls (10, 6 1/2) will be dressed as a spiderweb ghost and a monster bride (think: girl Frankenstein). So excited!

Jill

Old 10-22-2012, 01:12 AM   #1076
Ptwolfman
Mouseketeer from CA

We are headed to Disneyland in the morning if we can sleep tonight! DW is giddy! LOL Halloween Party, here come the King and Queen of Hearts complete with light up Mickey jack o lantern buckets! :D
Old 10-22-2012, 05:33 AM   #1077
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ptwolfman View Post
We are headed to Disneyland in the morning if we can sleep tonight! DW is giddy! LOL Halloween Party, here come the King and Queen of Hearts complete with light up Mickey jack o lantern buckets! :D
Have a blast and report back if you get the chance.
Old 10-22-2012, 10:21 AM   #1078
Laundress
Mouseketeer

Went to the Halloween party Friday (19th) had a great time. The crowds were much lighter after fireworks. Awesome display. Walked on rides after 10pm.
I don't know if it has been mentioned but we were able to buy tickets for the sold out party because we were guests at the DLH. The front desk said any DLR guest could buy tickets for a sold out party.
Old 10-22-2012, 12:04 PM   #1079
Sally_fan
DIS Veteran

I have a question for anyone who has attended a party this year & used the extra 3 hrs... Did you find it "worth it" to be there 3 hrs early or were the overlapping crowds so bad that you wish you hadn't bothered? I hesitated to use the words "worth it" as usually ANY extra hours that we can spend in the park is welcomed but in this case with the parks being as busy as they are, I am wondering if we should just wait until closer to the party start time to head in? We are going to the party on the 31st.

1st trip to DL (with parents)~1987, 2nd trip to DL (with DH & a friend)~ August 1996-Cavalier Inn & Suites, 3rd trip to DL (with DH, DS-8 DD-5)~ May 2007-Candy Cane Inn, 4th trip to DL (with DH, DS-9, DD-7)~ Oct 2008-HoJo, 5th trip to DL (with DH, DS-10, DD-8)~ Sept 2009-HoJo, 6th trip to DL (with DH, DD-8, DS-11, MIL & FIL)~ Apr 2010-Stovall's Inn, 7th trip to DL (with DH, DS-11, DD-9, my parents & a bunch of friends too!)~ Dec 2010-HoJo, 8th trip to DL (with DH, DS-13 & DD-11)~ Oct 2012-HoJo, 9th trip to DL (with Mom & DD, DS<with school band)~ May 2014!!!
Old 10-22-2012, 05:29 PM   #1080
modegard
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksbaskets View Post
You should do a trip report (BIG HINT) I'd love to see more of your photos and hear your experiences.

LOVED your pics especially the four pirates and the singers in the mist.
I will see if I can get more photos uploaded this week (my time is never my own with 4 kids at home ).

Tags
decorations, halloween, halloween party, halloween time, haunted mansion holiday, mhp, mickey's halloween party, october, september, treats

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: