Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2012, 08:50 PM   #1051
Susiesark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mafpi View Post
Has anyone ever done a opposite Halloween party trip. Do Disneyland from opening to party time. Then go to dca during the party. I did it last year and.it was the best. I did more that day than any other day ever. Everything was a walk on including the Peter Pan ride. It was Halloween day last year. I'm trying that this year too but on the 29. Just wondering everyone's experience with it.
I used to take my daughter to Disneyland every Halloween, when the party was still in DCA. No crowds at all and the kids were in costume. So cute.
BTW, if anyone is interested, Costco began selling the 4 day Hopper tickets, with no black out days during the holidays, for $259.99 and comes with a $50 Costco gift card.
Old 10-15-2012, 12:55 AM   #1052
Kilala
Mouseketeer

Here's the link where I put this pics from October 9th MHP. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3007898
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-15-2012, 06:07 PM   #1053
iKristin

DIS Veteran

Here now!! Crowds aren't bad, but dang is it hot!!

Old 10-16-2012, 02:08 AM   #1054
Kathymford
A little obsessed is ok....right?

I was there today as a non party guest. It stayed pretty empty the whole day!!
Old 10-16-2012, 10:47 AM   #1055
Xaeldz
Earning My Ears

WOW!!!! What a day!!! I got to go to the Halloween party today and even met my three fav villains right away!! Maleficent, Frollo, and Dr. Facillier!!!! I got into the park just in time for Dr. Facilier and moved to the line that Cruella was in only for the characters to get switched and Maleficent and Frollo came out!!! Talk about epic timing!! Still Missing Cruella, Jafar, Lady Tremaine and the Stepsisters, but I got Maleficent!!!!

And then got in line just in time for Captain Jack Sparrow, and then found out after he was going to leave Captain Hook, Peter and Wendy were coming out! So after we got our pics and autographs of Captain Jack we ran back in line for Captain Hook, Peter and Wendy!
Old 10-16-2012, 11:14 PM   #1056
volleygirl
Earning My Ears

Leaving tomorrow! Leaving tomorrow! Can't wait! Traveling from chilly Minnesota to lovely California! Can't wait to make use of all my tips here on the DIS boards! Can't wait!!!!!
Old 10-17-2012, 08:51 PM   #1057
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by volleygirl View Post
Leaving tomorrow! Leaving tomorrow! Can't wait! Traveling from chilly Minnesota to lovely California! Can't wait to make use of all my tips here on the DIS boards! Can't wait!!!!!
Have fun!!!
Old 10-17-2012, 11:37 PM   #1058
modegard
Mouseketeer

A few photos from last week...

We went to the two Halloween parties last week - the 9th and the 12th. We did the Ultimate Experience on Tuesday, and I have to say - it was awesome! Tuesday we never made it off main street during the party because there was so much to do there, Friday we did the rest of the park. And we had the best time at both parties! There was so much to do and see. Somehow we collected enough candy to completely fill a suitcase without even trying. We just hit the odd trick or treat trail if it was on our way to where we were headed.

These are my two youngest and my nephews at the Pirates League before the party. The girls there did an amazing job! The boys had a blast.

Captain Hook was the villian that was conjured up in the tent when we went in.

The step-sisters (and all the villians on mainstreet) were so attentive and in character, they were very entertaining.

Loved the singers!
Old 10-18-2012, 01:19 AM   #1059
Kathymford
A little obsessed is ok....right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by modegard View Post
We went to the two Halloween parties last week - the 9th and the 12th. We did the Ultimate Experience on Tuesday, and I have to say - it was awesome! Tuesday we never made it off main street during the party because there was so much to do there, Friday we did the rest of the park. And we had the best time at both parties! There was so much to do and see. Somehow we collected enough candy to completely fill a suitcase without even trying. We just hit the odd trick or treat trail if it was on our way to where we were headed.
Is the Ultimate Experience the tour?
Old 10-18-2012, 11:49 AM   #1060
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

modegard -

What amazing photos, every single one of them! Thank you for sharing them with us. I'm glad that you had such a great time!

Did anyone happen to see this story on Stitch Kingdom from last night, about this upcoming holiday season?

http://www.stitchkingdom.com/disney-...rs-land-58050/

I am over-the-moon, bursting with excitement over this story, as the decorations and overall atmosphere sound phenomenal.

Snowy the Snow Car? Santa set up in the department store, circa 1930? I am all over it!

So when I say that Disney treats Halloween Time as being inferior, and they keep scaling down the Halloween Time festivities, I think you know what I mean - and that was the case even before all of this new stuff was added in to the mix!

In fact, dare I say that Disney probably scaled back Halloween Time a wee bit this year because of the massive holiday undertaking - there's only so much money to spend in the "holiday decorating budget," I suppose.

Anyway, I would like to see DLR amp up the Halloween decor and festivities - maybe not to the level of Christmas time, but more than what it is!

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014

Last edited by Sherry E; 10-18-2012 at 12:36 PM.
Old 10-18-2012, 11:57 AM   #1061
modegard
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathymford View Post
Is the Ultimate Experience the tour?
Yes, the Happiest Haunts tour with the Halloween Party afterwards. The tour was very well done. We loved it! The guides we had were amazing. We were so impressed I emailed Disney to let them know the girls were exceptional at their jobs.

Old 10-18-2012, 12:01 PM   #1062
modegard
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E View Post
modegard -

What amazing photos, every single one of them! Thank you for sharing them with us. I'm glad that you had such a great time!

Thank you! I have about 1000 photos from our six day stay. We had the photpass plus with over 700 photos as well. A very good deal for us.

Hopefully next year we can go in December to see the Christmas decorations. Sounds amazing!

Old 10-18-2012, 12:45 PM   #1063
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by modegard View Post
Thank you! I have about 1000 photos from our six day stay. We had the photpass plus with over 700 photos as well. A very good deal for us.

Hopefully next year we can go in December to see the Christmas decorations. Sounds amazing!

I'm a big proponent of PhotoPass anyway, for several reasons, but the Plus version seems to be a really good deal. I'm glad to see that a new Halloween border has been added in. For the longest time, the same old borders kept popping up, year after year!

You know, I really love your picture of the singers and the ghostly light/fog, but I have to say that the Mickey pumpkin photo is awesome. The crispness of the blue sky in the background enhances the blue color of the shirts, and then the bright splash of orange from the pumpkin seems to bring out the blue even more, as well as the green in the border. The colors contrast each other, and yet work to complement each other.

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Old 10-18-2012, 04:02 PM   #1064
TigerlilyAJ
DIS Veteran

MODEGARD, thank you so much for the photos and reports! I am going in 10 days with three boys, so your experience is very relevant to me. I adore their pirate photos, esp the one with the four all "scowling" at the camera for you. Great shot!
Old 10-18-2012, 06:28 PM   #1065
modegard
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerlilyAJ View Post
MODEGARD, thank you so much for the photos and reports! I am going in 10 days with three boys, so your experience is very relevant to me. I adore their pirate photos, esp the one with the four all "scowling" at the camera for you. Great shot!
Your boys will love it! We had my four and my two nephews and they could not have had a better time. You will have so much fun! Now if I could only convince my husband we should go again next year for Halloween....

Tags
decorations, halloween, halloween party, halloween time, haunted mansion holiday, mhp, mickey's halloween party, october, september, treats

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: