Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2012, 11:38 PM   #1036
Kilala
Mouseketeer

I love this pictures.

url=http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/][/url]
Old 10-13-2012, 08:50 AM   #1037
ikeymakes3
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy_Mom

I certainly hope not. I've seen the christmas parade and the fireworks before with regular park admission. I won't be paying extra to see them in the future. Unless Disney does something super fantastic for their Christmas party or the tickets are discounted for AP holders on the days that we're going, I think I'll be skipping the Christmas party, if it ever comes to pass.

I"ve read reviews of WDW's Christmas parties, usually they say do it once but not a "every trip" event.
I am in agreement!!!
This is our first Halloween party (our usual visits are at christmastime). A couple years ago we visited WDW at Christmas and I was shocked that you had to pay for the holiday atmosphere. We were there a couple weeks before Christmas and it was business as usual. Next to no decor, no holiday parades, no "snow" on main street. Everything that makes Christmas at Disney so special.
The talk of dwindling Halloween decor, only holiday fireworks and parades during paid events. Is this a sign of what's to come with Christmas? The only way to truly enjoy the holidays above and beyond already expensive entry?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-13-2012, 10:21 AM   #1038
Kathymford
A little obsessed is ok....right?

So I am at a loss for what to do about the top to my costume. I posted a picture the other day of how I wore it to WDW, but that top was cheap and ripped a bit, so I was trying to replace it. I though, I'll buy a real corset (the other one was more like a top). Well, it turns out my shape is not made for corsets. So do I just buy that same cheap one again? Or look for something different all together? *sigh* at least I have 2 weeks I guess...
Old 10-13-2012, 10:58 AM   #1039
dhorner233
Disneyophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by watkinsme View Post
here are the kid's dressed up from the Oct 2nd party

Zurg and his princesses

Father and Son reunite
Love the father son reunion!! Great face painting on your Zurg!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathymford View Post
So I am at a loss for what to do about the top to my costume. I posted a picture the other day of how I wore it to WDW, but that top was cheap and ripped a bit, so I was trying to replace it. I though, I'll buy a real corset (the other one was more like a top). Well, it turns out my shape is not made for corsets. So do I just buy that same cheap one again? Or look for something different all together? *sigh* at least I have 2 weeks I guess...

I don't know, that top from last time is really cute! And it looks great with the green skirt. Looks like it fits perfectly too. How bad did it rip? It only has to last 8 hours.

Old 10-13-2012, 11:19 AM   #1040
Kathymford

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhorner233 View Post
I don't know, that top from last time is really cute! And it looks great with the green skirt. Looks like it fits perfectly too. How bad did it rip? It only has to last 8 hours.
It kind of shredded right at the seam right in the front in two places. At least it happened when the party was over. lol It's only like $25 and still available on amazon...maybe I'll just click it. Thanks for the compliment!
Old 10-13-2012, 03:15 PM   #1041
Eeee-va
Happiest robot on Earth

Quote:
It kind of shredded right at the seam right in the front in two places. At least it happened when the party was over. lol It's only like $25 and still available on amazon...maybe I'll just click it. Thanks for the compliment!
If you can sew (even with a needle and thread), do you think you could fix it by sewing some trim in front? Maybe some sparkling lace or something? I'd reinforce/patch where it shredded first, but then lace could cover the "fix."

It looked good to me too, but there are so many Halloween options out there I'd like to think you could get something for $25 that would last more than 8 hours. I might add some poofy short sleeves (no shirt needed unless you want it) to give it a bit more of a Victorian-ish style. But that's certainly not necessary; it was a good look as you had it too.

Last edited by Eeee-va; 10-13-2012 at 03:21 PM.
Old 10-13-2012, 03:25 PM   #1042
Davids-Coco
Sometimes my inner monologue isn't so inner

Cheap corsets aren't really made to be compressing... the grommets don't take the tension and the buck isn't as strong as a real one. I'm curious why you think you don't have the body.
Old 10-13-2012, 03:30 PM   #1043
Kathymford

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davids-Coco View Post
Cheap corsets aren't really made to be compressing... the grommets don't take the tension and the buck isn't as strong as a real one. I'm curious why you think you don't have the body.
To be honest, no filling up top. I couldn't tie it up tight enough to put them away. Maybe I'm just doing it wrong....either way, the color wasn't as bright as the one in the picture.
Old 10-13-2012, 05:28 PM   #1044
isisisme
Pomme Frites and Mint Julip? yes please!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhorner233 View Post
Looks like we will be there the same time. Are you going to the party on Halloween night? What is your costume?

I am hoping that by being in DLR until Nov. 5th, I might get to see some of the Christmas decorations too.

We are going to be at the party. I am going as a jedi knight (I am going to build a lightsaber there. DH is going as an original Star Trek science officer (with tricoder).

Some of the Christmas stuff will be up before the end of the Halloween season (like snow on the castle) and the day after Halloween, you will see some Christmas decorations popping up. They have a lot to do before the 12th.
Old 10-13-2012, 05:44 PM   #1045
iKristin

DIS Veteran

Eep!! In 36 hours I'll be on my way to the airport to head to the parks I am so dang excited!!! I'll have so many photos to share throughout next week

Old 10-13-2012, 07:23 PM   #1046
Davids-Coco
Sometimes my inner monologue isn't so inner

Quote:
To be honest, no filling up top. I couldn't tie it up tight enough to put them away. Maybe I'm just doing it wrong....either way, the color wasn't as bright as the one in the picture.
Try either one with molded cups or pulling them up as you tighten. I always have better luck with bi-directional lacers. Getting them tight enough on yourself takes a bit of practice. You could always do a blouse with an underbust one as well... then you don't have to worry about filling it! The other thing that comes to mind is that maybe it was too big?
Old 10-14-2012, 10:13 AM   #1047
Susiesark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Look in the bridal dept or lingerie dept of a store, you can easily dye it to your preferred color. I see quite a few of them listed on Craigslist LA, including a gold one for $3.http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv...319666717.html

Last edited by Susiesark; 10-14-2012 at 12:08 PM.
Old 10-14-2012, 12:54 PM   #1048
Kathymford

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. Great ideas!!!
Old 10-14-2012, 01:47 PM   #1049
iKristin

DIS Veteran

Be prepared for a post tomorrow night filled to the brim with party pictures!!! I leave tonight and will be at the the park and party tomorrow WOO!!

Old 10-14-2012, 02:08 PM   #1050
mafpi
Mouseketeer

Has anyone ever done a opposite Halloween party trip. Do Disneyland from opening to party time. Then go to dca during the party. I did it last year and.it was the best. I did more that day than any other day ever. Everything was a walk on including the Peter Pan ride. It was Halloween day last year. I'm trying that this year too but on the 29. Just wondering everyone's experience with it.
Closed Thread

Tags
decorations, halloween, halloween party, halloween time, haunted mansion holiday, mhp, mickey's halloween party, october, september, treats

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: