Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2012, 04:19 PM   #1021
laura&fam
we must never, never doubt what no one is sure about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilala View Post
I have a question. I had a CM mess with my cat wig on the 9th. She asked me if it was real. I didn't like that but, I didn't want to be rude. Should I tell another cast member next time if it happens again? This was at the treat trail where the Monorail is.
Sorry I know you worked really hard on your costumes. I would say next time be very matter of fact back. Tell her, firmly, that you spent a lot of time on it and you would appreciate it if she wouldn't mess with it. It might save someone else from having their costume messed with. Hopefully it won't happen again.
Old 10-11-2012, 04:56 PM   #1022
iKristin

DIS Veteran

3 and a half days until I'll be at the park!!!! So dang excited!!!!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-11-2012, 07:59 PM   #1023
iKristin

DIS Veteran

Curious, has anyone seen the new Minnie Mouse costume tshirt in the park?? If so what store I need to buy mine on Monday when I get there before the party cause that's part of my costume!!

Old 10-11-2012, 08:13 PM   #1024
Susiesark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by iKristin View Post
Curious, has anyone seen the new Minnie Mouse costume tshirt in the park?? If so what store I need to buy mine on Monday when I get there before the party cause that's part of my costume!!
I have seen it at World of Disney in Downtown Disney. Not sure if they have a dressing room, but you can go into a restroom to change into it after you purchase it. You might want to call ahead to make sure they have it, and possibly hold it for you.
Old 10-11-2012, 08:15 PM   #1025
iKristin

DIS Veteran

Yeah I'm going to go back to my hotel and change for the party before it starts

Old 10-11-2012, 08:15 PM   #1026
Susiesark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweethannah View Post
We did this! It worked very well and it was a great atmosphere with all the fog and decor. We then went up and had some food at Hungry Bear, headed towards Splash, hit a couple more treat stations and then rode Splash b2b.
That is why I buy my tickets within the first week or 2 every year. I know they won't sell out that soon, but I'm not taking any chances. I wait for months for them to be released.
Old 10-11-2012, 09:59 PM   #1027
ashnjam
Be the person you needed when you were younger

We arrived today safe and sound. So excited to hit the parks tomorrow!! We got a great surprise when we arrived at PPH they upgraded us to a suite..this is going to be a great trip. Id like to thank everyone on the boards for all your knowledge and insite.
Myself (34) DW (34) DD (9)
Our first visit to Disneyland Oct 11-15 2012 http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3039558
Our first Christmas visit to Disneyland Dec 7-12 2013 http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3215509

Old 10-12-2012, 10:45 AM   #1028
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

Does everyone here follow the Halloween Time and Mickey's Halloween Party pages on Facebook?

I happened to notice on those pages last night that there are lots and lots of people posting about frantically trying to get MHP tickets for various dates that are sold out. I don't recall seeing nearly as many of those posts in the past. It is really remarkable. Even with the extra MHP night added in this year (11 nights instead of 10), the MHP has been selling out left and right.

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Old 10-12-2012, 11:32 AM   #1029
sh00tfire
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E View Post
Does everyone here follow the Halloween Time and Mickey's Halloween Party pages on Facebook?

I happened to notice on those pages last night that there are lots and lots of people posting about frantically trying to get MHP tickets for various dates that are sold out. I don't recall seeing nearly as many of those posts in the past. It is really remarkable. Even with the extra MHP night added in this year (11 nights instead of 10), the MHP has been selling out left and right.
I have noticed that too. I noticed that almost all the party dates are selling out. Last night there were only 2 parties not sold out.

Disneyland 1992, 2004, 2005, 2007, 2008, APs(Jan, May, Oct, Dec 2012)
Disneyworld 1993, 2007
Old 10-12-2012, 11:33 AM   #1030
dhorner233
Disneyophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathymford View Post
Actually, I do. We went to MNSSHP last year too, so these are our costumes from then. I'm changing my top, but other than that, it's the same.

MNSSHP 2011 by Kathy_Ford, on Flickr
What fun! What a great shot!!! I'm so excited!!!

Old 10-12-2012, 01:11 PM   #1031
All American
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E View Post

I didn't know there were pages dedicated to those specific events. I'll have to check them out. I ordered the tickets the first day we could for my family and my sister's family. They are not able to go because her husband had a last-minute business trip, so I just gave their tickets to some people at church. (They had never been to MHP and were trying to nail down some travel dates for October.)

I had no idea the parties would sell out like they have. Then again, we haven't gone to one in the last couple of years. Was it like this then?

Oh, and just because I can and I'm here. We leave tomorrow!!!!

DH Me DD DD
Old 10-12-2012, 02:46 PM   #1032
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sh00tfire View Post
I have noticed that too. I noticed that almost all the party dates are selling out. Last night there were only 2 parties not sold out.
sh00tfire -

Yep - only 2 nights left. When I last checked, those 2 nights were still available but I kept thinking that at the rate they are selling out, there will probably only be one night left very soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by All American View Post
I didn't know there were pages dedicated to those specific events. I'll have to check them out. I ordered the tickets the first day we could for my family and my sister's family. They are not able to go because her husband had a last-minute business trip, so I just gave their tickets to some people at church. (They had never been to MHP and were trying to nail down some travel dates for October.)

I had no idea the parties would sell out like they have. Then again, we haven't gone to one in the last couple of years. Was it like this then?

Oh, and just because I can and I'm here. We leave tomorrow!!!!
All American -

Yes, indeed! There is an official Facebook page for Halloween Time and a separate one for Mickey's Halloween Party! And there is also an official page for the holiday season too, but I forget if they call it "Holidays at Disneyland" or "Disneyland Holidays."

That was really nice of you to give the tickets to the people at church - I'm sure they'll have a great time!

The tickets/parties did not sell out at quite this pace in the last couple of years. This year seems to be very unusual in that way, and I have to believe that it is partially due the Villains being limited in the daytime but more available at the parties. If people want to meet the Villains, they won't have as much access to multiple Villains under the new set-up at the Carnival/Ranch/Round-Up/Jamboree, so they have to buy party tickets.

What I wonder is - if the DLR hotels hold some MHP tickets for their guests to buy on the day of the event and the guests don't buy up all the tickets, what happens to the unused tickets? Do the ticket booths suddenly start selling those tickets at the last minute, as soon as they become available, or do those tickets never get used?

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Old 10-12-2012, 04:25 PM   #1033
Kilala
Mouseketeer

I did noticed that there were no sold out signs posted outside D'land on the 9th. I wonder if the booths had tickets.

url=http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/][/url]
Old 10-12-2012, 04:57 PM   #1034
Davids-Coco
Sometimes my inner monologue isn't so inner

What is the likelyhood that they are just not releasing as many tickets?? Create a bigger buzz?
Old 10-12-2012, 10:04 PM   #1035
watkinsme
I Won a One More Disney Day Sweepstakes :)

here are the kid's dressed up from the Oct 2nd party

Zurg and his princesses

Father and Son reunite
Closed Thread

Tags
decorations, halloween, halloween party, halloween time, haunted mansion holiday, mhp, mickey's halloween party, october, september, treats

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: