Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2012, 12:31 AM   #1006
Susiesark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeee-va View Post
We're not going to be huge on the candy-gathering, I don't think, since we're going to have a lot of time for the candy to be in a hot car just a few days later. But I do want some chocolate. Are there any treat trails we shouldn't miss? Sounds like the Golden Horseshoe one is neat, and I have to go in the Main Street Cinema one just because I love that place. Anywhere else?
Go around the Rivers of America and you can listen to the Cadaver Dans while getting your treats. Continue toward Critter Country and there are a few more stops but with less crowds.
Old 10-11-2012, 02:00 AM   #1007
sweethannah
Rebel Spy, 3 times in a row!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susiesark
Go around the Rivers of America and you can listen to the Cadaver Dans while getting your treats. Continue toward Critter Country and there are a few more stops but with less crowds.
We did this! It worked very well and it was a great atmosphere with all the fog and decor. We then went up and had some food at Hungry Bear, headed towards Splash, hit a couple more treat stations and then rode Splash b2b.

May 14 - May 21 2014
Staying at the Howard Johnson
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-11-2012, 09:23 AM   #1008
Girimama33
"I've disgraced the forces of evil."

A little vent here...and I am sure this happens every year. Since this is my first year on these boards, I find myself trying to refrain from posting in the threads people create because they didn't get their MHP tickets in time and now their date is sold out...So they post a thread looking for tickets.
I hold back from posting, "That is what you get for poor planning"...but I digress.
OK...rant over.
Old 10-11-2012, 10:23 AM   #1009
dhorner233
Disneyophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathymford View Post
We'll be going to the party on Halloween too. We are locals though, but we have actually never done MHP, let alone on Halloween!! Very excited. DBF and I will be Mad Hatter and Hatress!
Cool!!! I went to the MNSSHP in WDW last year. It was lots of fun!!!

A Mad Hatress!! That sounds like fun! Do you have any pictures of your costumes? I'm going as Dopey and my cousin will be Grumpy.

Old 10-11-2012, 10:26 AM   #1010
dhorner233
Disneyophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by laura&fam View Post
Last DL trip my DS dislocated his elbow prior to going into the park the first day. It was a relatively quick fix but still required a trip to CHOC. So today DH found out that his wrist has been sore because he has a small break and now he's wearing a brace. This is after my Dad, who was suppose to come with us, was life flighted to the hospital. I'm just glad he's doing o.k.

I'm starting to wonder if DL trips are bad luck for us. We should have all our bad luck done with right? Nothing will happen on the trip? We already know where CHOC is but I'm starting to wonder if we shouldn't print directions to the local hospital just in case.
Wow! I'm glad your Dad is doing okay! I hope you have a better trip this time!!!

Old 10-11-2012, 10:27 AM   #1011
tinkermell
Th boards are going nuts!
Beware of the stalkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girimama33 View Post
A little vent here...and I am sure this happens every year. Since this is my first year on these boards, I find myself trying to refrain from posting in the threads people create because they didn't get their MHP tickets in time and now their date is sold out...So they post a thread looking for tickets.
I hold back from posting, "That is what you get for poor planning"...but I digress.
OK...rant over.
You know, that there are some people that are not quite sure they can work it out.
And the tickets are non refundable.
So for them I understand. Especially if you have to buy for a big family.
So if I see someone posting on here looking for tickets, no big deal.
Also, it gives someone else a chance to sell theirs, if they can't make it.
Just trying to see both sides of the issue.
Old 10-11-2012, 11:04 AM   #1012
Girimama33
"I've disgraced the forces of evil."

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkermell View Post
You know, that there are some people that are not quite sure they can work it out.
I understand that as well. However, they come here asking for tickets or help, when clearly you cannot buy or sell things on this forums. Most if not all of these threads get locked or deleted all together.
And tickets went on sale in July...a good amount of time to plan/budget for most.
Old 10-11-2012, 11:06 AM   #1013
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkermell View Post
Melody -

I see what you're saying, but there are a couple of issues involved here.

First - Disney tickets are not supposed to be for resale - either at face value or for a profit - unless they are sold by authorized Disney ticket sellers. So anyone who sells tickets they already bought to someone else is technically doing something illegal. Yes, of course, people likely sell their tickets behind the scenes all the time - and I'm sure many of those transactions go off without a hitch and it works out fine. But because it's against Disney's policies to resell tickets, we can't encourage/allow any discussion of it here on the DIS.

Secondly - There are no sales of any kind on the DIS, of any items - we can't sell our Disney collectibles, our purses, our cars, our clothes, or whatever. Other boards allow For Sale posts in their forums but this board does not. So if someone tries to sell their tickets here, not only are they going against Disney's policy but also against this board's rules.

If people want to give their tickets away, free of charge, they can start a thread.

Girimama33 is correct - there have been several "I need tickets" posts lately - actually more so than I ever recall seeing in the past, believe it or not.

I know all too well that a lot of folks are not in the position of being able to get tickets right away. The price is high, and a lot of people have to wait for the money to come in, or they have to wait on other people to decide what they want to do. Heck, I have been so wishy washy about picking the date I wanted to attend the party that all of my first choices for dates are sold out. I may not end up at the MHP this year at all because I waited too long to figure out a date based on the ticket sell-out patterns in the past. I simply did not think that more than a few nights would totally sell out. There is even one extra party night added into the roster this year (11 nights instead of the usual 10 nights) and almost all the nights are still sold out!!

But I'm not going to post a thread about needing tickets! If I miss out, I miss out. It's just bad timing and bad luck on my part and I'll catch the MHP next year!

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Old 10-11-2012, 11:19 AM   #1014
Belle Ella
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeMom View Post
You all were behind us for the fireworks. We loved your costumes! My 17yo DD, the princess lover, especially loved Giselle.
Haha, what a small world!

wish journalmy new blog
live well - laugh often - run disney
Old 10-11-2012, 12:43 PM   #1015
jsebsirois
DIS Veteran

This thread is so helpful.

We're now full of tips to fully enjoy both Halloween Time activities and Mickey's Halloween Party.

Can't believe this trip is finaly coming!

WDW : October/November 2013 (MNSSHP and MVMCP) March 2013, October 2011 (MNSSHP), November 2010 (MVMCP), October 2008, October 2006 (MNSSHP) and July 2005 DLR : October 2012 (MHP), July 2010 and September 2009
Old 10-11-2012, 01:26 PM   #1016
Chereya
DIS Veteran

OMG! Just saw an article about this replica Haunted Mansion house for sale in Georgia for $873k!

Haunted Mansion Replica $873k

Old 10-11-2012, 01:39 PM   #1017
tinkermell
Th boards are going nuts!
Beware of the stalkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E View Post
Melody -

I see what you're saying, but there are a couple of issues involved here.

First - Disney tickets are not supposed to be for resale - either at face value or for a profit - unless they are sold by authorized Disney ticket sellers. So anyone who sells tickets they already bought to someone else is technically doing something illegal. Yes, of course, people likely sell their tickets behind the scenes all the time - and I'm sure many of those transactions go off without a hitch and it works out fine. But because it's against Disney's policies to resell tickets, we can't encourage/allow any discussion of it here on the DIS.

Secondly - There are no sales of any kind on the DIS, of any items - we can't sell our Disney collectibles, our purses, our cars, our clothes, or whatever. Other boards allow For Sale posts in their forums but this board does not. So if someone tries to sell their tickets here, not only are they going against Disney's policy but also against this board's rules.

If people want to give their tickets away, free of charge, they can start a thread.

Girimama33 is correct - there have been several "I need tickets" posts lately - actually more so than I ever recall seeing in the past, believe it or not.

I know all too well that a lot of folks are not in the position of being able to get tickets right away. The price is high, and a lot of people have to wait for the money to come in, or they have to wait on other people to decide what they want to do. Heck, I have been so wishy washy about picking the date I wanted to attend the party that all of my first choices for dates are sold out. I may not end up at the MHP this year at all because I waited too long to figure out a date based on the ticket sell-out patterns in the past. I simply did not think that more than a few nights would totally sell out. There is even one extra party night added into the roster this year (11 nights instead of the usual 10 nights) and almost all the nights are still sold out!!

But I'm not going to post a thread about needing tickets! If I miss out, I miss out. It's just bad timing and bad luck on my part and I'll catch the MHP next year!
Sherry I see your point too. And I do know about selling stuff here on the Dis. Just forgot again.
Old 10-11-2012, 02:50 PM   #1018
Kathymford
A little obsessed is ok....right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhorner233 View Post
Cool!!! I went to the MNSSHP in WDW last year. It was lots of fun!!!

A Mad Hatress!! That sounds like fun! Do you have any pictures of your costumes? I'm going as Dopey and my cousin will be Grumpy.
Actually, I do. We went to MNSSHP last year too, so these are our costumes from then. I'm changing my top, but other than that, it's the same.

MNSSHP 2011 by Kathy_Ford, on Flickr
Old 10-11-2012, 03:20 PM   #1019
laura&fam
we must never, never doubt what no one is sure about

For those that have been to MHP so far, are the Fantasy Land rides crowded once the party starts? My kids will want some candy, but don't like the characters so I'm hoping for some good ride time.
Old 10-11-2012, 03:51 PM   #1020
Kilala
Mouseketeer

I have a question. I had a CM mess with my cat wig on the 9th. She asked me if it was real. I didn't like that but, I didn't want to be rude. Should I tell another cast member next time if it happens again? This was at the treat trail where the Monorail is.

url=http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/][/url]
Closed Thread

Tags
decorations, halloween, halloween party, halloween time, haunted mansion holiday, mhp, mickey's halloween party, october, september, treats

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: