Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2012, 11:19 AM   #991
Kilala
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by laura&fam View Post
Kilala how was the party? The photos of your wig and makeup were amazing! I'm starting to worry about our less than amazing costumes after seeing all the photos of everyone else's
MHP was great!! I will going again on the 19th and the 23rd. I do have pics but, I won't post them untill this weekend. I got alot of candy!! I will get alot more candy on the other two days I'm going.
Old 10-10-2012, 11:32 AM   #992
laura&fam
we must never, never doubt what no one is sure about

We'll be there on the 19th too. We're dressing up as the Incredibles with a blond Violet and an older Jack Jack. I'm not as ambitious as you with the wig and my four year old keeps insisting that he is "a grown up Jack Jack". I'll keep an eye out for you.
Register to remove

Old 10-10-2012, 12:17 PM   #993
figment_jii
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Rita View Post
Good morning
I have a question for my party experts out there...
Where exactly do we get our wristbands?
We can get them at 4pm, correct?
and there are two new treat areas, Golden Horseshoe and inside the theatre and at the hub by the flad on MS or Partners?
We are leaving tomorrow morning instead of tomorrow night, yea!!
Thank you!
To add to Sherry E's response...

Yes, you can enter the park using your party ticket at 4 pm (or 3 pm, depending on what's stated on the ticket). There are specific gates that you must use when entering. They have a sign at the front saying that they're for event ticket holders only and the CMs are very strict about it. Once they've scanned your ticket, there is another CM waiting with the wristband just beyond the turnstile. Behind them are the CMs with the treat bags. You must get your wristband at this point!

For the MS treat trails, there were two on the first party night. One was in the town square area (center) behind where the giant Mickey pumpkin is located. The other was inside the Main Street Cinema. I think they might have originally been planning to have a treat trail in that space where the tables are located by the lockers (between the Marketplace and the Clothier). On Friday (9/28) there was tape on the ground and the tables were gone, but nothing happened there. On Saturday morning the tables were back!
Old 10-10-2012, 12:51 PM   #994
revwog1974
Mouseketeer

I just made my trick-or-treat bags. I can't share with my daughter since the trip is a surprise, so I'll share with you. The pictures are of the front and back.

We leave tomorrow. I can't wait!

Old 10-10-2012, 04:46 PM   #996
Kilala
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by laura&fam View Post
We'll be there on the 19th too. We're dressing up as the Incredibles with a blond Violet and an older Jack Jack. I'm not as ambitious as you with the wig and my four year old keeps insisting that he is "a grown up Jack Jack". I'll keep an eye out for you.
I will be dressing up as my cat Naruto
I have posted pics of this costume.
Old 10-10-2012, 06:16 PM   #997
mysteriouspnai
DIS Veteran

So I didn't buy tickets early enough and now they're sold out for this Friday

I would still love to dress up in Disneyland if I can so I was wondering if I could play in the parks, go back to the hotel to change into a costume, get back to DLR at 4 (when party guests can start arriving) and enjoy the atmosphere all dressed up until they kick us out for MHP. Basically, can non-party guests dress up between the hours of 4-7 or is that not kosher?

Thanks for the replies!
Old 10-10-2012, 06:24 PM   #998
Disneyanajc
~It's just a moment...This time will pass~

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysteriouspnai View Post
So I didn't buy tickets early enough and now they're sold out for this Friday

I would still love to dress up in Disneyland if I can so I was wondering if I could play in the parks, go back to the hotel to change into a costume, get back to DLR at 4 (when party guests can start arriving) and enjoy the atmosphere all dressed up until they kick us out for MHP. Basically, can non-party guests dress up between the hours of 4-7 or is that not kosher?

Thanks for the replies!
Off of the Disney website:

Guest Conduct
•Guests may be refused entry into the event unless his or her costume can be modified to meet the above guidelines.
•Guests who dress like Disney Characters may not pose for pictures or sign autographs for other Guests.
Guests of all ages may only wear costumes to the Disneyland Resort Halloween event to which they have valid tickets.

Now I'm not sure how they enforce this policy?
jc

Off to the World!
Old 10-10-2012, 07:15 PM   #999
dhorner233
Disneyophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by revwog1974 View Post
I just made my trick-or-treat bags. I can't share with my daughter since the trip is a surprise, so I'll share with you. The pictures are of the front and back.

Wow! Did you make those bags? Very nice!

Old 10-10-2012, 08:58 PM   #1000
isisisme
Pomme Frites and Mint Julip? yes please!!

19 more sleeps until we board our plane to head down for Halloween. I know we miss some stuff by coming down at the very end of the season, but I love being there ON Halloween.
I started making a list of things I wanted to make sure to do/eat (can you believe I have never had a churro???).
Now if the last piece to my costume would just get here!!!!
Old 10-10-2012, 10:11 PM   #1001
Girimama33
"I've disgraced the forces of evil."

Quote:
Originally Posted by revwog1974 View Post

I want a princess/villain shirt like that. Great bags! Have fun...
Old 10-10-2012, 10:27 PM   #1002
dhorner233
Disneyophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by isisisme View Post
19 more sleeps until we board our plane to head down for Halloween. I know we miss some stuff by coming down at the very end of the season, but I love being there ON Halloween.
I started making a list of things I wanted to make sure to do/eat (can you believe I have never had a churro???).
Looks like we will be there the same time. Are you going to the party on Halloween night? What is your costume?

I am hoping that by being in DLR until Nov. 5th, I might get to see some of the Christmas decorations too.

Old 10-10-2012, 11:13 PM   #1003
laura&fam
we must never, never doubt what no one is sure about

Last DL trip my DS dislocated his elbow prior to going into the park the first day. It was a relatively quick fix but still required a trip to CHOC. So today DH found out that his wrist has been sore because he has a small break and now he's wearing a brace. This is after my Dad, who was suppose to come with us, was life flighted to the hospital. I'm just glad he's doing o.k.

I'm starting to wonder if DL trips are bad luck for us. We should have all our bad luck done with right? Nothing will happen on the trip? We already know where CHOC is but I'm starting to wonder if we shouldn't print directions to the local hospital just in case.
Old 10-10-2012, 11:32 PM   #1004
Eeee-va
Happiest robot on Earth

We're not going to be huge on the candy-gathering, I don't think, since we're going to have a lot of time for the candy to be in a hot car just a few days later. But I do want some chocolate. Are there any treat trails we shouldn't miss? Sounds like the Golden Horseshoe one is neat, and I have to go in the Main Street Cinema one just because I love that place. Anywhere else?
Old 10-11-2012, 12:13 AM   #1005
Kathymford
A little obsessed is ok....right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by isisisme View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhorner233 View Post
Looks like we will be there the same time. Are you going to the party on Halloween night? What is your costume?
We'll be going to the party on Halloween too. We are locals though, but we have actually never done MHP, let alone on Halloween!! Very excited. DBF and I will be Mad Hatter and Hatress!

Tags
decorations, halloween, halloween party, halloween time, haunted mansion holiday, mhp, mickey's halloween party, october, september, treats

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: