Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2012, 06:49 PM   #976
dhorner233
Disneyophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm mikey View Post
Mickeys halloween party october 2nd

Welcome back Mike!! Great picture! I hope you will be posting more!

Old 10-08-2012, 07:00 PM   #977
Kilala
Mouseketeer

Beautiful photo
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-08-2012, 08:26 PM   #978
Kathymford
A little obsessed is ok....right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E View Post
Kathymford -

This is true, and sometimes hearing/reading the negative stuff can cause others to be worried unnecessarily, although I do think that people have every right to talk about crowds, about not being able to see the fireworks, about the lack of decorations, etc. These are not really small issues to many people who spend big bucks to go. For me, personally, it really bugs me that the decor keeps getting scaled back while the ticket, AP and hotel prices are incredibly high. I don't want 'less' of a Halloween season. I want 'more' of a season when the rates are so stratospheric! I want the full immersion.

But we discuss it all here on the DIS - the good, the bad, the ugly, the wonderful, the horrible, etc. People can choose to read the range of opinions or avoid reading anything. It's not just a DIS-oriented thing. It happens on any Disney-related discussion board.

I also think that some people may have expectations of these exclusive parties that are unrealistic - they think that the parties are going to mean low crowds, lots of walking room around the park with no strollers banging into their ankles, no lines for anything, anywhere, etc. That simply won't be the case at the rate Disney is selling tickets. Should it be the case? Should the park be noticeably less crowded for the price of an MHP ticket? I think it probably should. But is it likely that Disney will start selling fewer tickets so that the park is less crowded during the MHP? Nope. They will sell more MHP tickets in future years, if anything, and they will add a Christmas party into the mix too !

All in all, the MHP is a fun event - I think it may be worthwhile (if not mandatory) for a lot of folks, and not worthwhile for other folks - and both camps have very valid reasons for why they like/dislike certain aspects of the whole subject.
I totally agree with what you're saying. And I love that we discuss it all here on the DIS. I would miss so much more if it wasn't for the DIS, but I would hate to think what some people are missing if the DIS completely discourages someone from something. Sometimes we (the royal we) tend to focus on the negative instead of really remembering what was great and fantastic.
Old 10-08-2012, 08:57 PM   #979
Kilala
Mouseketeer

All the times I went since 2006 I have enjoyed ever MHP. I think one year I went 4 times to MHP since tickets were so cheap back then.
Old 10-09-2012, 09:56 AM   #980
theworldneedscolor
DIS Veteran

We fly out tonight! So excited! Thanks for all the advice guys

Old 10-09-2012, 02:34 PM   #981
Pollito916
Some day my Prince will come and I'll live in the castle...
I do NOT have a Chicaaahgo accent!

We're leaving bright and early Monday morning to drive over from AZ - next week is our Fall Break. We're all so excited - the kids have been watching the Disneyland special on Netflix and YouTube videos of Halloween parades for a couple weeks now! All 6 of us will be dressed as characters from Monsters, Inc for the party on 10/15 - can't wait!
Old 10-09-2012, 03:56 PM   #982
TahoeMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle Ella View Post
There were 6 of us total, and almost all were made by us except me. Giselle's dress was handmade by a seamstress, and Briar Rose's dress was made by a someone my friend knows, and mine was bought (but there are only a few in existence). Belle, Pochahontas and Meg made theirs.

You all were behind us for the fireworks. We loved your costumes! My 17yo DD, the princess lover, especially loved Giselle.

DL (offsite too many to list)
DL DH 10/99, 10/00, 10/01, 10/02, 10/04, 7/09
DL GC 10/05, 10/07, 10/08, 10/10, 10/11, 10/12, 10/13
WDW Dolphin 05/91
WDW offsite 10/03
DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean 09/30/06
Old 10-09-2012, 04:36 PM   #983
revwog1974
Mouseketeer

Thanks for all the hand-holding. I'm sorry about my pre-vacation freak-out.
Old 10-09-2012, 05:34 PM   #984
Stinkerbell's Mommy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel522 View Post
We went over Columbus Day weekend last year, and that was a mistake we will never make again. Good luck out there.
We went this weekend, including the party Friday night, and I will NEVER do it again. The crowds were ridiculous and the party was simply not worth it for us. The crowds made it next to impossible to do most of the special events they were having at the party. We were less than impressed with what few decorations were there. We lucked into seeing the parade from the line for the meet and greet with Merida. But other than that my family didn't find the extra ticket price worthwhile. Just not our thing I guess.
Old 10-09-2012, 06:29 PM   #985
Susiesark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel522 View Post
We went over Columbus Day weekend last year, and that was a mistake we will never make again. Good luck out there.
We went yesterday, about 1:30. It was pretty crowded for a Monday, but it wasn't horrible and the weather was great. I met David Tuturo , from My Fair Wedding (bridal show) and we went on a couple of rides in each park. So, a pretty good day.
Old 10-09-2012, 06:33 PM   #986
Kilala
Mouseketeer

Well I'm just about to leave to meet up with my friend for MHP tonight. I'm getting my cat costume on at her hotel. I hate the parking there at her hotel so I'm parking in Mickey's and friends parking. I'm wearing my makeup and wig right now.
Old 10-10-2012, 09:58 AM   #987
Arizona Rita
DIS Veteran

Good morning
I have a question for my party experts out there...
Where exactly do we get our wristbands?
We can get them at 4pm, correct?
and there are two new treat areas, Golden Horseshoe and inside the theatre and at the hub by the flad on MS or Partners?
We are leaving tomorrow morning instead of tomorrow night, yea!!
Thank you!
Old 10-10-2012, 10:04 AM   #988
laura&fam
we must never, never doubt what no one is sure about

Kilala how was the party? The photos of your wig and makeup were amazing! I'm starting to worry about our less than amazing costumes after seeing all the photos of everyone else's
Old 10-10-2012, 11:07 AM   #989
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Rita View Post
Good morning
I have a question for my party experts out there...
Where exactly do we get our wristbands?
We can get them at 4pm, correct?
and there are two new treat areas, Golden Horseshoe and inside the theatre and at the hub by the flad on MS or Partners?
We are leaving tomorrow morning instead of tomorrow night, yea!!
Thank you!
Rita -

Though I have not been to this year's party yet (the dates I consider keep selling out before I have made up my mind on them!), I am assuming things have not changed much. We got our wristbands at the entrance to DL, just inside the turnstiles. That's where you get the free plastic bag too.

If your party begins at 7 p.m., then you can enter with the party ticket at 4 p.m. and get your wristbands and bags at that time. If your party begins at 6 p.m., then you can enter with the MHP ticket at 3 p.m.

The Golden Horseshoe treat trail is not new - in fact, that was one of my favorite treat trails last year because there were extra decorations inside the building.

The Main Street treat trails are new (at least I didn't see them last year) - I am assuming that Disney added in one or two to make up for the trails from last year that are now non-existent (such as the POTC trail). In other words, they likely keep a certain number of trails/stations open, but if they close a couple from year to year then they open up others in different locations to make up for it.

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12
Old 10-10-2012, 11:11 AM   #990
Kathymford
A little obsessed is ok....right?

Last time I was there on a party night (as a regular guest) I saw a check-in in front of Westward Ho where the pin traders usually are.

Tags
decorations, halloween, halloween party, halloween time, haunted mansion holiday, mhp, mickey's halloween party, october, september, treats

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: